Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Update details!

Post by Shirai »

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/update/ff ... etail.html

Aug. 28, 2007 (JST) Update Details
*Japan Standard Time
[Event-Related]

The final chapter in the Treasures of Aht Urhgan missions has been added.

The following adjustments have been made to the chocobo raising and chocobo racing systems:

- The Chocobo Circuit has opened!
Related Information>>

- The Chocobo Circuit can be entered from Southern San d’Oria, Bastok Mines, Windurst Woods, Port Jeuno, and Aht Urhgan Whitegate.

- New items are available at the VCS Chocobuck Exchange Depots.

- The maximum number of chocobucks a player can carry has been increased from 100 to 1000.

The following adjustments have been made to the Chocobo Hot and Cold Game:

- New temporary abilities are now gained when fulfilling certain conditions.

"Temporary Treasure Finder"
It is now possible for chocobos to temporarily gain the Treasure Finder ability. Chocobos that already have "Treasure Finder" will have the effect of the ability temporarily doubled.

"Recuperation"
A bonus will be granted to rested chocobos that improves their chances to "hit the jackpot" and also increases the number of times they can dig.

- Treasure chests found during the Chocobo Hot and Cold Game will now also contain “chocobuck slips” that can be exchanged for chocobucks. Trade your chocobuck slips to the VCS Chocobuck Exchange Depot NPC.

- A chocobo’s ability to sense treasure will now also be limited by the relative vertical distance as well as the horizontal distance from a treasure chest, i.e. standing on a hill high above a treasure chest location.

The following adjustments have been made to Besieged:

- If the beastmen forces are not defeated by the Empire or capture the Astral Candesence, they will now automatically retreat one Earth hour after their arrival in Al Zahbi.

- Additional temporary items will now be distributed to players every time a certain number of beastmen and monsters have been defeated.

- The offensive and defensive capabilities of the Serpent Generals have been enhanced.

- The damage caused by monsters using the ninja ability “Mijin Gakure” has been adjusted.

Players now have the opportunity to attain the new mercenary rank of First Lieutenant and gain access to new items purchasable with Imperial Standing credits.

New quests have been introduced in the Treasures of Aht Urhgan areas.

The difficulty of the following limit break quests has been adjusted:

- In Defiant Challenge
Drop rates for the quest items ancient papyrus and exoray mold have been improved.

- Atop the Highest Mountains
The relative strength of the quest monsters (Boreal Hound, Boreal Coeurl, and Boreal Tiger) has been reduced so that a party of six level 51 characters will be able to defeat them.
*The quest monsters mentioned above will use the ability “Doom” if the battle continues for more than thirty minutes.

Players will now be able to access their Mog Lockers at nomad moogles after selecting the option to increase Mog Locker availability.

The fee for creating the item in the following quests has been reduced from 20,000 gil to 10,000 gil. In addition, the fee for re-obtaining the item has been reduced from 300,000 gil to 100,000 gil

- An Understanding Overlord?
- An Affable Adamantking?
- A Moral Manifest?
- A Generous General?

The location of the Imperial Army officer Asrahd in Aht Urhgan Whitegate has been switched with the event replay NPCs Prillaure and Tsih Kolgimih.

The locations of the archaic mirrors on Arrapago Reef have been adjusted.

Players will now receive a title after defeating the following Salvage monsters:
Battleclad Chariot/Armored Chariot/Long-Bowed Chariot/Long-Armed Chariot
[Battle-Related]

The following adjustments have been made to Assault:

- Five new missions are now available for players with the rank of First Lieutenant.

- Players who have completed every Assault mission (i.e. the missions appear on the “Complete” list) will be rewarded with an extra Imperial Army I.D. tag to be held in reserve for them at the Commissions Agency.

The following adjustments have been made to Einherjar:

- The HP of all monsters in the Hazhalm Testing Grounds has been reduced.

- An issue with the monster “Hildesvini” not correctly summoning chigoes has been addressed.

In exchange for the loss of data after clearing Floor 100 during the Assault mission “Nyzul Isle Investigation”, the chance for obtaining the armor pieces has been increased to 100%.

The party that defeats the monster required to cause “Despot” to appear will now automatically claim the NM.

The following adjustments have been made to Goblin Bounty Hunters:

- Goblin Bounty Hunters will now appear in the Sauromogue Champaign and the Korroloka Tunnel in locations where it is possible to fish.

- The patrol route of Goblin Bounty Hunters in the Valkurm Dunes has been altered.

The following adjustments have been made to two-handed weapons:

- Two-handed weapons will now receive larger benefits from a character’s attributes, and will also inflict more damage when facing higher-level opponents or enemies with high defense.

- A new type of equipment known as “grips” can now be equipped in the sub-weapon slot while using a two-handed weapon.
*Grips cannot be used without a two-handed weapon equipped in the main weapon slot.
**TP will be reset when changing or removing grips, in the same manner as for main weapon equipment changes.

The following weapon skills have been adjusted:
Howling Fist/Dragon Kick/Raging Rush/Cross Reaper/Penta Thrust/Skewer/ Yukikaze/Gekko/Kasha/Empyreal Arrow/Detonator

Several weapon skills have had the effects of TP adjusted in the following manner:

- Raging Rush
Damage varies with TP >> Chance of critical hit varies with TP

- Penta Thrust
Damage varies with TP >> Accuracy varies with TP

- Skewer
Accuracy varies with TP >> Chance of critical hit varies with TP

The chance for the additional stun effect of the abilities “Shield Bash” and “Weapon Bash” to occur has been greatly increased.
In addition to this change, the help text for the following pieces of equipment has been changed to “Bash”+(number) to reflect an increase in “Bash“ damage.

Chaos Gauntlets/Knightly Earring/Chaos Gauntlets +1/Valor Gauntlets +1/ Valor Gauntlets/Sigma Earring/Crude Sword

The following adjustments have been made to the beastmaster job:

- Pets summoned with the “Call Beast” ability will now remain for a longer period of time.
*Duration varies for each type of pet.

- Pets not in combat will now gradually regain HP.
It is possible for a beastmaster to increase the rate at which a pet regains HP by using the “Stay” command.

- Beastmasters will no longer be subject to an experience point penalty while using a charmed monster.

The job ability “Convergence” will now only affect “magical” blue magic spells.
The effect of “Convergence” will also no longer lose potency against high-level opponents.

Another level of the dragoon job trait “Accuracy Bonus” has been added.

The following adjustments have been made to the corsair job:

- The effect of “Phantom Roll” has been greatly increased.

- The length of time a character remains immobile while using the “Phantom Roll” ability has been reduced.

- The job ability “Fold” will now always remove the “Bust” penalty first.

The following adjustments have been made to the puppetmaster job:

- Two new varieties of automaton heads have been added.

"Soulsoother C-1000 Head (White Magic)"
The automaton will perform actions such as restoring HP and removing status ailments for its master, as well as other party members, in response to the situation and the maneuvers used.

"Spiritreaver M-400 head (Black Magic)"
The automaton will utilize high-level elemental spells, as well as dark magic spells such as Drain and Aspir.

The maximum limit for the automaton melee skill, ranged skill, and magic skill has been increased. In accordance with this change, the skill limit will now be calculated depending on the combination of an automaton’s frame and head.
*The skill limit will never drop below the current maximum value regardless of the frame and head combination.
[Item-Related]

New equipment has been introduced.

New synthesis recipes have been added.

The following special items can now be stored with the relevant NPC:
Sprig of Red Bamboo Grass/Sprig of Blue Bamboo Grass/Sprig of Green Bamboo Grass

The following items can now be stored with the NPC Ghanraam in Aht Urhgan Whitegate:

Vorpal Sword/Wightslayer/Brave Blade/Double Axe/Swordbreaker/Dancing Dagger/Radiant Lance/Sasuke Katana/Windslicer/Sturdy Axe/Mage's Staff/Scepter Staff/Killer Bow/Quicksilver/Burning Fists/Inferno Claws/Werebuster/Death Sickle

New goods have been added to the shops in Nashmau.

Large quantities of steel bullets can now be bundled into bullet pouches.

The sub-category “Grips” has been added to the Auction House category “Ammo & Misc.”

The attributes for corsair bullets have been changed.

The additional effects granted by attachments will now be displayed within the item help text.

A change has been made to the types of items obtainable after appraising the “??? Box” (found during Assault missions).

The icon for beastmen's seals has been changed.

The drop rate for the following items has been adjusted:

Leech Saliva/Antican Acid/Lizard Blood/Bird Blood/Beast Blood/ Loam

The following item name has changed:

Mercenary's Mantle >> Mercenary Mantle
[System-Related]

The following changes have been made to the FINAL FANTASY XI title screen:

- The FINAL FANTASY 20th Anniversary and FINAL FANTASY XI 5th Anniversary logos have been added.

- Logos will appear translucent if the respective expansion pack has not been installed.

- Extra scenes have been added to the title screen:

"FINAL FANTASY XI"
Fort Ghelsba

"Chains of Promathia"
Al'Taieu

"Treasures of Aht Urhgan"
Mount Zhayolm

A new text command “/translate” has been introduced.
Using this text command, players will be able to see the translations for item names in Japanese, English, French, and German. Translated terms will be automatically added to the auto-translate dictionary under the category “Items”.
The “/translate” command is used in the following manner:

Example: Fire Crystal
English to Japanese: /translate “Fire Crystal” ej
English to French: /translate “Fire Crystal” ef
English to German: /translate “Fire Crystal” eg

*This text command currently functions for item names only.
**It is also possible to translate from another language into English, provided the term is spelled correctly.
Example: French to English: /translate “cristal de feu” fe
***The term to be translated can be marked with either single or double quotation marks.

Mithra and Galka will now close their eyes while in the healing position.

An issue wherein the screen would turn black and prevent the player from taking actions during event scenes in Aht Urhgan Whitegate has been addressed.

An issue concerning an incorrect number of victories in the defense of the capital being displayed on the Caitsith World has been corrected.

New terms have been added to the auto-translate dictionary.
Category Term
Game Terms FP
Game Terms Grip
Game Terms Feral Skill
Game Terms Kamp Kweh
Game Terms Pankration
Game Terms Feral Drain
Titles Captain
Titles First Lieutenant
Text Commands /translate
Place Names 2 Colosseum
Place Names 2 Chocobo Circuit

The grand opening of the Pit has been delayed to allow for further testing, and is currently scheduled for release on September 11.
Further details on the Pit and the monster battle system known as “Pankration” will be available in the very near future.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Mthra and Galka will now close their eyes when Healing?

I always thought we did!

Second: Thank you SE for the changes to G1 and G2. Nothing aggravated me more than hours upon hours in Crawler's Nest and Necropolis looking for those damn drops. Even with 3 75 THF's with TH4 it still could take hours!

The mobs for G2: Sure would be nice if they didn't pull people into battle. Our brave and...not so bright LS leader fought one thinking it was a NM that dropped a goodie he could sell. He died unceremoniously and quickly. I, being the only high-level WHM in the LS ran to his aid to administer Raise III. As I was casting Tractor to get him away from the NM I got pulled in and slaughtered. Leader then got mad, HP'd, and logged out leaving me with no choice but to HP.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Congrats to Drg for the Acc Bonus II. Didn't see that one coming. I wonder at what level they get it.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Bend me, Accuracy Bonus II yeah... who needs that O-hat, huh? Will that be +22 like what RNG get then?

The Penta Thrust and Skewer adjustments is what we've been wanting for a while but still pissed they didn't do anything with Wheeling Thrust and more importantly (G)Impulse Drive.
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Who needs to increase gImpulse Drive when you have a 3.3k Penta? ((Note. Warcry, Angon, and Berserk were used. And he Penta'd a Fly in the Mire.))
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.

Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Eviticus wrote:Who needs to increase gImpulse Drive when you have a 3.3k Penta? ((Note. Warcry, Angon, and Berserk were used. And he Penta'd a Fly in the Mire.))
Note the mob also had Dia III on it, which reduces the defense even more.
However those are still very impressive numbers even on an exp mob.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Think it was Angon'd too but GImpulse Drive needs improving, what are we going to make Darkness with? SAM had all 3 of theirs revamped and DRK had Cross Reaper as well, where's our Lv2 WS increases?
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

When I saw these numbers popping up on other forums in threads like "2H weapons are too powerful pics inside" I knew something had to be up.

Its the /NIN people that are complaining the most because they don't want to level GAxe and are now scared because no longer will 2x BRD/NIN 4x WAR/NIN be the uber Meripo.

I also believe some of this is from the woodworkers who thought that Shihei would become hot again with the recent RMT bot bans. Sorry kids, I agree with the 2H weapon users: 2H weapons should be stronger than 1H weapons in comparison. Why should a GAxe deal less damage over time than an axe? Why is it that a giant pole or a scythe isn't as powerful?

STFU and be happy that after five years SE has corrected a big mistake with this game.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Keavy wrote:Sorry kids, I agree with the 2H weapon users: 2H weapons should be stronger than 1H weapons in comparison. Why should a GAxe deal less damage over time than an axe? Why is it that a giant pole or a scythe isn't as powerful?
There is not a thing in the world I can possibly agree more with then that statement right there.

I was born into the SCA (my parents met eachother in it.). And as such, I've seen alot of heavy fighting combat. Not flimsy padded boffer crap, full on ratan swords, spears, even ballistae. And there is one thing that's for sure, is a skilled fighter with a polearm can do more damage then a skilled fighter with just a sword.

Not to say in actual combat swords and such are useless, everyone go learn how to weild a zweihander. But when you have one handed weapons, they are alot more maneuverable. You can parry really easy sometimes, and then there is the glorious wonder of the Shield.

FFXI represents this in it's own way. One hander's usually /nin (we'll call that parrying for the real world equivalent). They may not be able to do as much as someone with a Lance or Scythe, but they have more survivability. Now, 2hander/Sam has Hasso (full out combat mode) or seigan (more reserved, looking for chances to parry rather then lunge).

By Jove, I think FFXI is starting to mimic actual combat as time goes on.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

Eviticus wrote:I was born into the SCA (my parents met eachother in it.).
um... whats the "SCA?"
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Society of Creative Anachronism
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

for...

A mideval and rennisance reconstruction scociety. Well more or less. Their middle name is creative.

Check them out.

Evictivus I am sure you know that steel feels far different in motion than ratan no mater how well balanced you make the safe one. Between the BA in history, years in the SCA, and stage fencing I can say a few things about how the real ones worked. But I won't.

This is a game, they are seeking game balance not authenticity.

Its said they intended NIN to be a ranged DD and never saw the blink tank coming. They should have darn well seen the /NIN craze.

And you can still /NIN and use two handed weapons.... :lol: :lol:
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Not saying they were trying for authenticity, merely that you can draw parallels between the offensive and defensive capabilities of job combinations with things you might do in a real fight. I thought it was nifty at least.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

Tsybil wrote:Its said they intended NIN to be a ranged DD and never saw the blink tank coming. They should have darn well seen the /NIN craze.
What was the level cap when they added NIN to the game? 60? The "ranged DD" job comments only make sense really until about level 40. Past that, the ammo becomes so expensive, you need your own personal RMT company just to supply the gil one throwing-NIN needs to afford ammo for a single XP session. I've heard the "we wanted NIN to be DD" story before, but I really don't buy it. Do you think they really were expecting NINs to spend 10 days farming for every hour of XP? The shuriken prices and lack of throwing-WS say right away "NIN is not a throwing job."

My bet is that they designed throwing to maybe become the key for NINs, but they toss the job into the mix to see what the players did. Maybe with the idea they'd add things like a throwing-ws later. When players didn't even nibble on the throwing-bait, SE gave that idea up.
And you can still /NIN and use two handed weapons.... :lol: :lol:
The really funny thing is that 2H jobs can't escape sub/nin at all now. We forced our DRG to go back to MH and change to sub/nin so he wouldn't spend all his time dead from trying to tank after WS. He kept saying "I feel like an idiot as drg/NIN!" And we'd reply "But at least you're a live idiot!"
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Tsybil wrote:And you can still /NIN and use two handed weapons.... :lol: :lol:
I think DRKs have to sub NIN now and quite a few DRGs will do too :lol:

I'm totally gonna say it...

lolMNK

Suck it blue!

After years of your elitest snobbery now lets see how you like it! :lol:
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

lol~ its only been this past year that I've noticed the MNK community getting overly arrogant on my server, before that they were among the lower invite rate jobs or did bone parties exclusively.

My sky shell was doing a bit of "I remember when..." last night and its amazing how many jobs have changed in popularity/ease of levelling/abilities in the past few years.
for...

A medieval and renaissance reconstruction society. Well more or less. Their middle name is creative.

Check them out.
Just noticed your post- sorry about that. I have friends who are reenactors and do Renn. Fair stuff, but they aren't in the SCA so I'm not that familiar with the SCA itself. I know of it, but that's about all to be honest. I'll make sure I have it right from now on.
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Yeah, I have to admit, SE's gonna have to do something for the tanks now. I went as PLD/WAR out to Trolls the other night (at the request of my friends who hadn't really seen what kind of numbers they were throwing out yet), and let's just say it was nearly as frustrating as when I had a KClub wielding WAR at lv.62.

My friend's DRK can rip out 800+ on Physical Resistant Trolls, and the Samurai? OY! Since their highest 3 WS are Elemental damage now instead of physical, they're doing EASILY 1k+ on trolls. Another friend of mine put together a SAM-burn pt just to see what'd happen. He has one SAM putting out 1600~1900 WS against the trolls. It's insane now.

I love this update mind you, finally puts 2handers back where they should be. But I'm worried now for the (job)safety and possibly the sanity of our tanks. When I'm geared up in like +35 Enmity, and can't hold hate past the first WS, then all I can say is, we've got a problem. :(
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Yea- last night was my sky shell's first night against gods since the update.

Where before the leaders didn't mind too much if a high-powered DD came /war if they had no other sub options yet since we have a lot of new-to-endgame members - its now mandatory for SAMs and WARs to sub /thf on god nights if they want to be in the fight.

They're just dying too quickly otherwise. I can only imagine how hard it is for PLD and NIN tanks to hold hate now in exp, much less NM fights.

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Go go PLD with Great Sword :lol:

P.S. lolMNK
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote: P.S. lolMNK
Leave the mnks alone!

Even though it happened without any wording and they are whining quite a lot about it actually.
They did not deserve this.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

You can see the same thing in the RDM forums across just about all the major sites- there are a lot of RDMs who are feeling betrayed by SE from this update.

I don't feel the same and I'm actually pretty ambivalent towards the change. The way I see it, my ability to kill (or survive) a mob hasn't been changed- everyone else's has and I'm fine with that. The only down side I've been seeing is that with the increase to damage potential my job as a healer just got harder.

Sure DRKs, WARs, SAMs and DRGs are doing incredible damage now but with the exception of DRG- they have almost no damage mitigation spells/abilities naturally that will save them in a crunch.

With their paper thin defense Drain I/II and Dread Spikes don't help DRKs much when they have Mr. Mob's (especially Mr. HNM's) full attention and /nin only helps if you can keep shadows up which again, is hard to do if you're getting interrupted constantly.

Its almost necessary for /thf (or even /drg) to become standard subs for these jobs if they plan on living through a tough fight.

From the (emo)RDM viewpoint- its not fair that their well equipped DD mage just got outclassed by a nekkid BLM, but its not like any mage (except BLU of course :p) is suddenly welcome to DD in exp. Also too- RDM (and again, BLU) have the most choices for DD gear/weapons out of the mages as well as the most tools for survival when fighting a mob a sword/dagger point. So I think most of the screams are because RDM didn't get any love from this update.

I have no interviews or official statements to back this up, but I think SE is going to be making some pretty drastic changes to FFXI over the next year or so.

The Devs have tried (with varying degrees of success) to keep the game balanced- and if they boost one aspect of the game like they just did, I think we will start to see changes to other aspects of the game to balance it out. Eventually :roll:

I'd personally like to see similar changes to Defense, Healing and especially Enfeebling in the future.

Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

ScarlettPheonix, we hardly ever get anything in updates.

Now I like to say its because we are uber, but its really because we are well balanced. Sure we can solo the imposible, but as it takes forever, we can't unbalance the game that way. Our enfeebling spells do not cripple the mob beyond all restance, but they do have noticable effects. Our nukes will never match a BLM's for sheer power, but they do respectable damage / MP usage.

The /NIN with Dual Wielding craze was unbalancing the game.

What COULD they give us that wouldn't unbalance things? A 2 handed weapon? Regen II & III? Access to some of those edged crowbars that PLDs swing? EVERYTHING else I see on wish lists on RDM forums would be a cause for instant nerfing.

And while we never get big buffs, we never get nerfed either.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

I'm curious what is upsetting the RDM crowd. The ones in my shell seem rather amused by all the emo melee.

I can understand the upset with melee. THF just got totally eliminated from the job-list basically and all the tanks are having a very hard time tanking. The new 2H melee are finding out that playing without sub/nin or sub/thf (and a trick tank) is a great way for the WHM to skill up raise.

SE does have a rather oddly phrased statement in the "known issues" about 2H damage being "improperly corrected". So, it looks like a change is coming -- probably a nerf. Hopefully they'll remove the 1H nerf they added at the same time as the 2H boost.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Oh I agree Tysbil- we're already pretty well balanced and well rounded, but there are other RDMs who don't think so and they're the ones going /wrist. I noticed it when BLU came out- the ones complaining now are the ones who were complaining then.

They have this idea of how RDM should be- some uber damage dealer that is at least as good as a War, nukes as well as a BLM (which granted we can pretty much do with the right gear tier for tier), and can survive the end of days and come out smelling like roses.

When BLU came out with a higher sword skill and a lot of similar spells it was a slap in the face to them. We were the first fighter mage, so why should they get all these new toys when the last major change to us happened at NA release?

This is just more of the same really from the complaints I've seen. I didn't mean to suggest it was the majority of RDMs who felt that way, the ones complaining just seem to be doing it at the tops of their lungs.

As to enfeebling spells, they are strong and a great tool. I love seeing Zip or Ulli locked in place, paralyzed for 4+ attack rounds- but after a certain point our skill reaches a point of diminishing returns against harder mobs.

We have the highest enfeebling skill of any job in the game yet there are times when BLMs and WHMs land enfeebles with the same degree of success that we do and that I have a slight issue with.

Happened last week when my shell was fighting Genbu- I'd just tried to put gravity on him- I was in my full enfeebling set and was at around 300 skill and was resisted. A BLM/rdm with just his 75 base enfeebling skill (I asked after the fight) landed it without ES just seconds after I'd tried.

I don't have a problem that Genbu was Gravitied- the issue I have trouble accepting was that someone with 70 less skill than I have was able to land that spell. Against mobs of that level and defense our skill level should have an effect on the rate of success of our enfeebles- but they often don't and that is what I'd like to see adjusted even if only slightly.

Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Honestly, I'm not sure if what SE mentioned about 2h damage being "not corrected properly" is gonna mean a nerf....my GS seems to just barely hit for more than it used to, so I'm thinking maybe they didn't update it right? I don't know honestly, it's hard to tell.

What did they supposedly do to MNK?

And I still don't understand why RDMs of ANY job are whining. o.O;

Tanks are screwed atm...that's all I can say on that matter. :lol:
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Edit: Never mind, I was responding to someone I mis-heard.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

ScarlettPheonix wrote:I don't have a problem that Genbu was Gravitied- the issue I have trouble accepting was that someone with 70 less skill than I have was able to land that spell. Against mobs of that level and defense our skill level should have an effect on the rate of success of our enfeebles- but they often don't and that is what I'd like to see adjusted even if only slightly.
I'd agree with this one -- it was one of my peeves about sub/thf's, too. Why should a sub/thf be able to steal gold coins at all, much less at a rate that is identical to what a main THF can do? Some subjob abilities seem to get their "effectiveness level" from the main job's level and not the sub's. Doesn't seem right.
Kintrra wrote:What did they supposedly do to MNK?
It wasn't just MNK -- they nerfed all 1H weapons. What they did was greatly lower the cap for damage via a 1H weapon. It's instantly obvious when you fight weaker critters, less obvious versus IT and HNM. Basically, on weaker things, your gear literally has ZERO effect at all on your damage. You can be totally naked execpt for weapons and all your weapons will hit the damage cap. On IT/HNM, you'll probably need to be eating meet and may need minuet to see it.

It's a pretty damn serious nerf -- about 18% lower damage. It makes all the work people have done for nice gear totally pointless.
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Pardon me, but this is simply what I heard. I'm no big expert, but I have heard alot of thing.

There is a factor in the damage formula called pDif, or something. Essentially, it multiplies your damage by a certain number. And this number is arrived at by calculating the ratio of your atk to the mob's def. High atk, low def, high constant damage numbers. High atk, high def, medium varying damage numbers. Low atk, high def, very low wildly varying numbers. We've all seen this before. I once heard that if your damage is consistent, you need to raise your str. And if it's inconsistent, you need to raise your Atk.

Now, I heard from a friend who's insane about min/maxing her stats and doing the best possible damage she can that this value that multiplies your damage was capped at 2.0 with a variable of +/- .4. Thats why even on ronfaure bunnies your damage would be close to consistant, but never the exact same value. There was a random multiplier in there.

SE in their patch took out that multiplier, and the cap is a flat 2.0. Sure, you can't hit 2.4 on that multiplier, but it also won't dick you over and drag you down to 1.6.

2.0 +/- .4 still averages out to 2.0, which is what the cap is at now. All they did was take away a little variable, and people call that a nerf? No one even regularly hits the damage cap on exp/merit mobs anyways. If you see a Monk punch something for the -exact- same number 20 times in a row on an exp mob, then yes, that's a nerf.

But who gives a flying f*ck about damage on giddeus bees or ronfaure bunnies? This is the Monks and other 1-handers complaining just to complain. Or because they simply do not know what this change actually did, and are just jumping on the band wagon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Shirai wrote: Leave the mnks alone!

Even though it happened without any wording and they are whining quite a lot about it actually.
They did not deserve this.
Like hell they didn't! Years of elite snobbery and trolling through other people's forums just to slap their epeens in their face has come 180 and bit them on the ass.

I'll repeat it again:

lolMNK

Cruel irony or poetic justice? You decide.

I did see it in the DRG forums, about the damage doodars not being implimented properly but I can't find that on POL... *sigh* The damage is spot on, the accuracy thing was a little OTT and SAM WS is way too high, really don't know why they buffed up the most powerful WSs in the game in the first place and didn't touch the weakest ones (Full Break, Impulse Drive).
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

Sugami wrote:I did see it in the DRG forums, about the damage doodars not being implimented properly but I can't find that on POL... *sigh* The damage is spot on, the accuracy thing was a little OTT and SAM WS is way too high, really don't know why they buffed up the most powerful WSs in the game in the first place and didn't touch the weakest ones (Full Break, Impulse Drive).
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news11190.shtml wrote:Aug. 30, 2007 08:00 [PDT] From: FINAL FANTASY XI
Current Known Issues (Aug. 30)

Since the implementation of the latest version update on Aug. 27, 2007, we have confirmed the following issues. Investigation and recovery work is currently underway.

- Amount of damage is not corrected properly when characters are equipped with two-handed weapons.

- TP of Beastmaster's pet continues to decrease while its not engaged in battle.

- Automaton's status is lower than it is supposed to be.

- Under certain combinations of Head and Frame, Automaton will try to cast spells continuously.