I gots me a signature in the work.

A place to talk about... anything!
Fiye
Captain Fiye

I gots me a signature in the work.

Post by Fiye »

And its almost finished.

Anyways, a few months ago (Around the time I did G5/WHM Maat) I saw an interesting Signature on the FFXIclopedia boards. I saved it, and decided I was going to work on it.

Well... I never did.

But, today I got bored, and decided I wanted to spend a few hours doing one myself. So, I used the lines for it, and pretty much did everything BUT the lines. And updated the CoP and ZM to include the Tavnazian and Tenshodo Flag.

AND I was smart. I decided to save this as a Photoshop file. So if any of you want a signature like this. Shoot me a PM including the information you see on the thing.

It'll be done soon. I just gotta play with the Model Viewer until I get something I like. Put a full size image of my character to the left, and then update the "AF" pictures in the empty boxes.

5 Hours of awesome fun xDDDD

Edit: Before I forget.

Programs Used: Final Fantasy 11 Windower (Took a screen shot of Al'Taieu)
Adobe Photoshop CS3
Microsoft Paint (Until I figured there was a pencil tool)
And soon, FFXI Model Viewer.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Almost finished version here.

Finally done with it. I'll update it as I do Missions/Level up. I'll change the Job Picture once I find something that looks alot better.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Not knocking your sig, but I am happy with mine.

Still a cool sig, though.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

The character models look too ... pixely, need to get them looking smoother.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Sugami wrote:The character models look too ... pixely, need to get them looking smoother.
I'll see what I can do when I shrink the pictures with Adobe versus shrinking them with Paint.

And I'll admit. They are pixelated. I just wanted to get a "Finished" version out so I could tweak it later.

*Licks the screen*
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Sugami wrote:The character models look too ... pixely, need to get them looking smoother.
Well, we all can't be master sig makers like you, Sugami.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Actually Keavy, it's not that hard to do really. I picked up on it within about 6 months or so. ^^;

hehe, been paying attention to Eleri and Toxictaru's sigs over at ffxiclopedia you have been Fiye. :P

I have to say tho, they're a good style to use, since they give just about all the info one could want. Tho, I will admit this time that Suggy is right, your pic is really pixelated. ^^;;

What you could do, or what I would do at least, is go into the game and get ya a screenshot of what ya want (Like your Sea shot there), and get it at full-size with Fraps (or Windower if you're of the like), I use .jpg myself for saving pics (tho there's been a lot of hype about .png lately). Get that, and shrink it down, using the "maintain dimensions" option or whatever it is (been a while since I used either program). After you do that, you could use a light blur effect on the background shot.

Bah, I'm probaby repeating half the crap you already know. XD

Not sure about your actual char tho, I use Model Viewer for getting shots of characters.

EDIT: On the other hand, anyone know a format for piccies that does animations without the color limitations of .GIF files? My kitty looks SO much better in .jpg's ;;
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Kintrra wrote:hehe, been paying attention to Eleri and Toxictaru's sigs over at ffxiclopedia you have been Fiye. :P
Guilty as charged :lol:
Kintrra wrote:Tho, I will admit this time that Suggy is right, your pic is really pixelated. ^^;;

What you could do, or what I would do at least, is go into the game and get ya a screenshot of what ya want (Like your Sea shot there), and get it at full-size with Fraps (or Windower if you're of the like), I use .jpg myself for saving pics (tho there's been a lot of hype about .png lately). Get that, and shrink it down, using the "maintain dimensions" option or whatever it is (been a while since I used either program). After you do that, you could use a light blur effect on the background shot.
I used the model viewer. I tried by best to get a screen shot in FFXI, no dice. So, instead I went into the model, played around with it until I got something worthy, and then saved it that way. I used JPEG, though I prefer .png for some odd reason. However, the blur effect would be a good idea, and I'll try the maintain dimentions options. Though, I'll use a blue effect first. See how that goes over.

It'll probably sit like that until I go about updating it.
Kintrra wrote:Bah, I'm probaby repeating half the crap you already know. XD

Not sure about your actual char tho, I use Model Viewer for getting shots of characters.
Nah, anything that can help is worth listening to. Though, I did use the Model Viewer. I had to use a frame in the Ninja's Relic WS for a decent shot. Not to mention I noticed a bug with the PLD Armor and the Mithra tail with the WS xDDDDD
Kintrra wrote:EDIT: On the other hand, anyone know a format for piccies that does animations without the color limitations of .GIF files? My kitty looks SO much better in .jpg's ;;
Jasc Animation Shop Pro 3. BEST .gif organizer I know of without the nasty color limitation (Though, you can put one on there if you need to cut the size a bit.).

At least... from what I remember. Its been a good while since then though.

Edit: How is this for a headshot? Image

Done at cutting from 110x25 (Self reference.) and making a 96 x 96 block. Then taking that from paint, to adobe. Shrinking it to a 24x24, and then blurring it a bit with the surface blur tool
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

If you're using photoshop it usually smooths the image when shrunk but your problem may be because the pictures are just too small, try using the blur tool on them a tad and see if that helps.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Sugami wrote:If you're using photoshop it usually smooths the image when shrunk but your problem may be because the pictures are just too small, try using the blur tool on them a tad and see if that helps.
I was using paint at first :lol:

Anyways, photoshop makes it look alot better *nod*
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Someone comissioned me for a signature. Anyways, I took the opportunity to score a bit of gil (50k) out of it =3. Anyways, I like how this one turned out.

I decided to abuse the bluring tool a bit more this time. Shrunk the faces from a 96x96 to 24x24 (A perfect 4:1 ratio) and in Adobe Photoshop
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: I gots me a signature in the work.

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting