I owe Sugami a keg of cat nip right now.

A place to talk about... anything!
Fiye
Captain Fiye

I owe Sugami a keg of cat nip right now.

Post by Fiye »

So, Friday I went off to Arrapago Reef to do a bit of ToAU unlocking. I had gotten BLU unlocked the day before and went off to get PUP unlocked with COR.

Well, first up to try was Corsair, because after Sugami's little COR rant, I decided to try it out.

And holy crap. I am seriously liking that job a hell of alot BETTER than Bard.

Its not a matter of pressing two macros and running back and forth from the offensive line and the back-up mages. No, its that, and more.

Seriously... the whole dice thing has me enticed. Just spinning rolls and seeing how close to 11 I can get without busting is a fun thing. Not to mention you get a gun (Which is gimped unless you managed to have a high level Warrior or Ranger or find a WHM kind enough to help you skill it up.).

I'm bring it to level60 as soon as I can. Gonna switch from /THF to /RNG anytime soon (As soon as I feel like bringing a sixth job through the Dunes).

Now if I could only convince that damn Tarutaru that COR are better than BRD (a 5 MP/tick max Regen with one buff and +12 hMP is more than enough to outbeat BRD. That is, if you manage to have a SMN and WHM in the same party. Even if the chances of managing all that are near insanely lucky.)
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Err... yay?

BTW your best bet is to level RNG before hand. That'll get your Marksmanship up to scratch and is also your best sub from 22-72.
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Having taken Brd to 60(and loving it, by the way), I think I know why they introduced Cor.

Because bard songs are static. Ok, well, they go up with level and instruments. But they are static other then that. Ballad = 1mp/tic, ballad 2 = 2mp/tic. Minuet will give the same Atk in one fight as it does the next, and the next, and the ones after that. Cor can give better bonuses, but it can also give worse. It gives the Cor something to think about and contemplate as they play.

I hit my macro for the frontlines and watch as my character switches gear in and out and sings my highest Minuet, then my highest Madrigal. I sit and watch for 20 odd secs while they beat on the mob. Then I run my fuzzy butt off and sing double ballad for the mages. Recast blink/stoneskin, and I go pull another mob. Same thing, every party.

Cor seem more -engaged- with what they are doing. Roll, result. Do I need to go higher? Double up, stop giving me ones! Double up, low number........I'll chance it! Double up, 11!

On the bright side, I don't have to buy bullets as Bard.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Eviticus wrote:Cor seem more -engaged- with what they are doing. Roll, result. Do I need to go higher? Double up, stop giving me ones! Double up, low number........I'll chance it! Double up, 11!
Indeed, they are. Although, I love it when you get good a streak of luck and everyone's like "Jesus christ go to Vegas right now!"
Eviticus wrote:On the bright side, I don't have to buy bullets as Bard.
Oh yes, but you have to buy that 150k Monster Signa, as well as other VERY expensive items that improve charisma by a substancial amount.

Although, at least you can sell it back. Bullets are just eaten up.
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

COR is not better than Brd. Brd is not better that Cor. Having a Rdm + Brd + Cor pwns all living things. :lol:
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Fiye wrote:
Eviticus wrote:Cor seem more -engaged- with what they are doing. Roll, result. Do I need to go higher? Double up, stop giving me ones! Double up, low number........I'll chance it! Double up, 11!
Indeed, they are. Although, I love it when you get good a streak of luck and everyone's like "Jesus christ go to Vegas right now!"
Eviticus wrote:On the bright side, I don't have to buy bullets as Bard.
Oh yes, but you have to buy that 150k Monster Signa, as well as other VERY expensive items that improve charisma by a substancial amount.

Although, at least you can sell it back. Bullets are just eaten up.
You don't HAVE to have a Monster Signa. It is nice, but CHR+ Rings and Food (Tea and Sushi) work just fine. In fact, I rarely see Bard's with Monster Signa's anymore. Only people I see with them are BST's.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

CHR only improves accuracy of offensive songs, and unless you're over camping I've rarely seen a BRD get resisted by much.
Cor seem more -engaged- with what they are doing. Roll, result. Do I need to go higher? Double up, stop giving me ones! Double up, low number........I'll chance it! Double up, 11!
That's the idea however the fun of risking for XI and gambling runs dry once you get to Lv10 :P Ontop of that a lot of CORs don't play for the risk and never even gamble when the odds are heavily in their favour and that just makes me cry :(

BTW standard bullets aren't too expensive. If you buy them from an NPC in the metal works. Can buy 12 stacks, get 12 carnations and get them pouched yourself.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Pheonixhawk wrote:COR is not better than Brd. Brd is not better that Cor. Having a Rdm + Brd + Cor pwns all living things. :lol:
Yeah, and then give the Bard the Gjallarhorn.

+15 MP refresh. Not to mention if you add in a Noble's Tunic and Sanction.

+17 MP/tick.

*Drools*
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Hehe, funny thing about Monster Signa...I worried my fuzzy head off about that when I started leveling, then I looked into it. By the time you actually need all that Chr for debuffs, there's many other options avalibe to you for Chr. Personally I went with HP/MP staves until AF weapon, a dagger with Chr and Agi. Slap an Elegant Sheild on and that's even more Chr with a bit of mp too. Chr rings, the totally broken Jester's Cape and Corsette, plus one where avalibe.

And by the way, I hear people say tea and all of that. Sandy Tea or whatever. Here's a hint, go to the Chai house in Whitegate and buy some Chai. -Exact- same effects and duration....but instead of 3k for a multi hour food, it's 87 gil. Cannot beat that. By the time it wears, you pretty much have to go back for Sanction Refresh anyways.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Fiye wrote: Yeah, and then give the Bard the Gjallarhorn.

+15 MP refresh. Not to mention if you add in a Noble's Tunic and Sanction.

+17 MP/tick.

*Drools*
Really??? 5 times the potency? :o :shock:
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

CHR: 4
All songs: 2
Instrument Skill: 10
Singing Skill: 10

So essentially it gives +20 points to your skill to help versus resists(22 if you believe like some do that 4 chr=2 skill as far as resists are concerned.).

But I don't see how you're getting 15mp/tic? +2 song for ballad would make ballad I give 3, and ballad II give 4, for a total of 7. Tunic and sanction make that 9ish. What am I missing?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Igihstehr
Tomcat

Post by Igihstehr »

{Clear Mind} from sub?
[img]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1026/891925608_d883ad1e18_o.jpg[/img]
[size=75].:|DRG 58|WHM 42|THF 32|BLM 30|SAM 30|BLU 29|WAR 28|BRD 26|NIN 20|SMN 18|RNG 18|MNK 16|DRK 13|PLD 10|RDM 7|:.
San D'Oria Rank 7 || Cooking 22 | Woodworking 47 | Fishing 20 | Alchemy 10[/size]
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Eviticus wrote:CHR: 4
All songs: 2
Instrument Skill: 10
Singing Skill: 10

So essentially it gives +20 points to your skill to help versus resists(22 if you believe like some do that 4 chr=2 skill as far as resists are concerned.).

But I don't see how you're getting 15mp/tic? +2 song for ballad would make ballad I give 3, and ballad II give 4, for a total of 7. Tunic and sanction make that 9ish. What am I missing?
I was talking about if we combined the Forces of a Corsair (At full potential), Red Mage, and Bard w/ Gjallarhorn.

You'd easily hit off with 3 from Refresh, plus 5 with Evoker's Roll (11) w/ Summoner. Not to mention Bard which would give out 7 MP.

So, thats a 15 MP/tick. Then add in Auto-Refresh from a job, Sanction with Refresh benefit, and a Noble's Tunic or something of the sort.

Thats +18 MP/tick.

You'll never sit again.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

For a few minutes anyway until the COR has to reroll. You also forgot to add in Soul Voice to the equation- that boosts Ballad's potency as well for 3(?) minutes.

Clear Mind only effects your hMP rate not Refresh/Ballad, by the way Igihstehr.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

25 MP/tick.

Holy f***.

One day I will manage this... one day I will.
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Why? ^.^; Even with 6-7 MP/tic I see in parties where we have a Bard, Rdm, and Sanction Refresh that seems to be enough to pull constantly with no down time. 10mp/tic would be sic, 15 would be godly, and 25 is just too much. Are you chainspelling nukes? :lol:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: I owe Sugami a keg of cat nip right now.

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting