Current State of FFXI

A place to talk about... anything!
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Current State of FFXI

Post by Tivia »

There is a possibility I may come back to FFXI. It is nothing definite as of yet as I am holding out to see how my current game pans out. It might even be a couple of months before I make a solid decision, however I figured I would start gathering info now.

I figure if I come back, I will more then likely start fresh from square one. My reasons for possibly coming back?
Still the best character models of any game as far as being able to "attach" myself to my character. Best emotions, not plasticy feeling etc.
It's Final Fantasy
Skill Chains
Job system
Meaningful Crafting system

I would be leaning to a Rdm combo of some sorts this time, I am a little burnt on being a main healer.

So the questions.
Which server is generally considered the best currently?
Will it still require that bloody Friend pass they had in the beginning to get on my server of choice?
What new things should I expect coming in the door? I left before the Treasures of Aht or whatever it was expansion.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Oh boy- ask a toughy why don't you?

Friend pass- yes. Just ask here and I'm sure anyone would be happy to get you one.

Server---that really depends. Some people just hate their current server, others love it. Prices have fallen across the board and you find jerks and asshats everywhere. /shrug

I like Remora. The community is fairly friendly in my experience and prices have fallen heavily in the last year and a half. I'd even say they are where they were when I joined 3 years ago.

Changes....lots of em. In no particular order (chronological or otherwise)

MPK "fix"- which bsts are still hurting about.
RNG "nerf" then un-nerf.
DRG 2hr change
SMN skill actually meaning something now.
Meritable abilities/spells for the first 15 jobs
SMN bloodpacts being split into two categories and have seperate timers now.
DRK has ASB-TP now
BRD has Raptor Marzuka- similar to chocobo marz, just lower level and AoE.
TP floor being removed.
High level Daggers getting a boost in damage. <3 Eviseration now^^
Dynamis Qufim, Dunes, Bubu and Tav added
Final fight/mission that connects RoZ and CoP storylines
Changes to PLD- Sentinel now very sexy, Shield Mastery lets them get TP when Shield blocks (which they improved- procs more now)
Chocobo raising, and soon Chocobo Racing
ToAU of course
new jobs- BLU, COR, PUP
Salvage and Salvage gear
Besieged
Assault
Chocobo digging nerf
and the usual medly of new quests and missions- and of course seeing Shantotto wreak havoc as always :lol:
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Couple more questions spurred from your post.

TP Floor?

Forgot to ask are Blu,Cor,PUP adv jobs you have to quest for?

Also just on a whim what would people around here suggest for jobs?
I dispise lfg for very long if I can help it, however I am honestly just straight Burnt out on being a main healer. I do not mind working in the group, I just want a break from being responsible for everyone living. I have to eliminate Thf by virtue of the person coming back with me, wants to restart her Taru thf/nin and Thf does not duo very well... :shock: I was actually going to go thf..but eh oh well.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Yes, they're advanced jobs. The quests are fairly easy too. A lot of running around and cs watching- the usual lol.

Ok, the TP Floor- and someone correct me (I'm sure I'm going to get it wrong)- was a way for thfs and nins to get more TP over time using low delay, low damage weapons. You used to get a fixed amt of TP below a certain level (Floor) and SE changed it last spring.

Fuond this in a THF sticky on Alla:
Please note that most /nin debates include advantages of exploiting the tp floor. After the April 2006 update, the tp floor no longer exists. Percent tp gained per hit continually decreases with lower delay weapons rather can giving a 5% regardless at some lower limit. No 4.5% is not a new tp floor either. There is no tp floor. There are still advantages in tp gain for ninja, but be aware that some of the tp gain arguments are not as strong as they once were.
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Thanks much Scarlett,

Rdm/Blm still a viable combo? or is there better now?
MittensValefor
Big Cat

Post by MittensValefor »

Job? If I were to do FFXI over again... start with BLM to 18. Get subjob. Do warp quest. Level WHM to 37. Get tele scrolls. Unlock BRD and go to 75 in a day. (Slight exaggeration there.) BRD is still prolly the fastest job to 75, and with a capped job that can tele, warp, and run fast your options are wide open. Then I'd get THF to 25 ASAP. Flee is my best friend next to warp. Oh yeah. OP warp quests as they become available, and raise a choco. Methinks travel is the single most important obstacle to overcome in FFXI.

Server? Besides the obvious - going to a server with an active MP LS - I'd consider economy as a deciding factor. The front page of http://www.ffxiah.com/ gives a good idea of what the economy of the servers are like. Right now Asura is the easiest server to get started in money wise.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
http://www.allpeopleeverywhere.com/
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Yea econ is a deciding factor for me especially.

Not so concerned with level 75, would rather not play bard tbh.

To give you an idea of my line of thinking let me tell you what I like most.

Monk is hands down my favorite class, problem was when I played finding a group was just bloody impossible and soloing was less then effective once you hit 25+.

Thf runs a close second, however the person coming with me will be that.

Whm, I like and am fairly proficient with, but I am just burnt out on being a main healer.

In my eyes the next class that is easy to group is Blm or Rdm. I figure you are correct in getting BLM to 18 is the fastest to subjob, then picking up rdm and rolling from there. I am inclined to avoid the advanced jobs this go around, not 100% against it just do not see myself leveling to 30 more then twice. Blu has possibilities as it is vastly different then anything I know, but don't really know enough about it.

Cor holds possibilities as well, as it appeals to my sensabilities of being a thief and a pirate..I mean It is hard to get much more awesome packed into a single class and the universe not implode on itself...But that opinion is based off a little information read, no real player perspective on it. I suspect it is expensive to play, but not too much of an issue for me usually. My only concern here is..two advance jobs as I suspect ranger is the optimal sub...
MittensValefor
Big Cat

Post by MittensValefor »

RDM is my favorite job! RDM is great for solo! RDM rules in parties! RDM is challenging and rewarding! Can't go wrong with RDM! XD

Only problem is that you'll be expected to do a lot of main healing till lvl 41. After that it's all about refresh. From 41 till 75 I was asked to main heal maybe once out of every 10 invites. Before lvl 41 most parties expected me to be a WHM. :/

BLU is a freakishly awesome job. It's like... well... I can't think what it's like, but it's just freakishly awesome. I really enjoyed soloing with BLU. The catch is that it's freakishly hard to get your spells. I got to level 25 or something before I gave up. :P

BLM was fun to take to 75, and I still enjoy the job, but for me it doesn't compare to RDM. Really my main problem with BLM is that it's a lil too easy. *Sneezes and accidentally obliterates an army of beastmen.* "Opps." ^.^;

COR? AF looks good but that's about all I know. That and unlocking it can be a real pain. From the CORs I've partied with it plays much like bard combined with RNG. :p

Mithra THF is very addictive. Those legends you've heard of Mithra THF damage? It's all true. I wanted lvl 45 for TH2, blinked, and accidentally got lvl 48 before I knew what happened. o.O Evasion better than ninja. Solos very well at higher levels. Fighting Ifrit, everyone but the THF and BRD dies from astral flow, Ifrit can't touch the THF, Ifrit dies.

Most of the other jobs I enjoy playing as Taru. Especially PLD and WAR. Something about being a mighty midget that appeals to me. XD
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
http://www.allpeopleeverywhere.com/
Rinni
Tomcat

Post by Rinni »

rdm is easily the best job to get parties for. since i hit about lvl 40, i've been having to turn pties away, and 90% of the time i dont have my flag up and having to say 3-4 times that i dont want a friggen pty!

i love rdm currently im running with whm and blm subs. both seriously need lvled as they are a bit gimped. but not too much.

one think i will say about rdm though is people want you to be main heal. i've found most of the time if you politely say you dont want to be main heal, then they will find you a whm asap, they'd rather chuck out the drk or mnk to have a whm and a rdm.

healing as an rdm is boring as hell. all they want is cure and refresh. tell them you wont do it and you can have a great time :D
am a lil' kitty an' i <3 to fish.

Mmm Fishies.

lvl 54 {fisherman}
i will be a master!
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

RDM/BLM is still as viable as ever- until you hit endgame levels that is.

Then its ToAU TP Burn parties 90% of the time and RDM is nearly always expected to main heal- and /whm is needed in those situations.

Especially against Imps >.>

On the other hand, MNK is fairly popular these days and I haven't heard anyone complain about ridiculously long lfg times on mnk in awhile.

Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Slightly more detailed explanation of TP Floor incoming. :lol:

The TP Floor was, like Scarlett said, a way of outrunning the the 'normal' TP gain rate. Previously, the minimum amount of TP gained per hit, by any weapon, no matter how fast, was 5%. By equipping a low-damage and yet very low delay weapon in the off-hand (Hornetneedle was a favorite for this), a THF or NIN could use that off-hand with minimum delay to hit faster and faster, and yet still gain 5% tp for every hit. SE removed the TP floor however, so that now weapons can gain less than 5% TP per hit if their delay is too low. My NIN for example, gets on average 9% tp per attack round, assuming both hands hit.

RDM has become, of sorts, a main healer anymore, especially at higher levels, with the popularity of Burn pts. Manaburn, Katanaburn, Spampage party, take your pick, but basic setup is 4 melees or BLMs, a BRD, and a RDM. All of these setups are popular in the Aht Urhgan region, as there are mobs that are especially easy for BLMs to manaburn (or solo as well), and the Imps and Flies in Caedarva Mire fall prey easily to melee burns.

Salvage introduced some absolutely wicked armor sets (Ares, Morrigan, and another one that my memory decided to blank on atm), but with some very high costs, and high-level only.

Assault has introduced a way for people of any level to participate in the same instanced event, via level caps, with absolutely no possibility of RMT capitalization.

BLU plays like a severely offensive based RDM. They can deal out insane damage, but at a high cost of MP, with the ability to self-skillchain after they attain Chain Affinity.

MNK (at least on Alexander) seems to be making a comeback.

Dual THF pts on the other hand, can be insane. >=D Example, Dawezy, fellow kitty, was in a pt the other day on his PLD. Got invited to a JP pt, 2 PLDs, 2 THFs, and 2 support (don't remember exactly). No matter who had hate, the THFs had someone to SATA on. Insanely quick exp I'm told.

....I think I'm out of explanations atm... :oops:
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

I have maintained your old account if you want her back.

RDM/BLM is the EXP party standard from 40 - 75. From 20 - 40 many say /WHM is better, but no one complains.

At 73 /WHM is needed more and more. At 75 you are rarely /BLM. Often you are the only healer in a party with 4 Melee/NINs and a BRD/NIN. You NEED /WHM for that.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Kintrra wrote:MNK (at least on Alexander) seems to be making a comeback.
Comeback? When were they not, in general, arrogant elitest asshats? You just need to see the MNK forums to see that. Same with WAR really (which is almost ironic seeing as many WARs are quite pathetic).

I main healed a NIN party on RDM/BLM once, only 'cause a friend begged me :P The BRD was /WHM though and they were roaming in the big open area of the Mire. DS+Curaga would have worked a treat but eh *shrug* RDM/BLM still works in MNK parties, WHM and BRD in those so /WHM not really needed.

TP with Dual Wield was also effected. I believe you'd get TP faster (15% with DW I) as you got haste effect on weapon delay but then they changed it so TP gain would scale down with the pseudo-Haste. So my WAR gets 13% a round instead of 14% or something like that.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Sugami wrote:
Kintrra wrote:MNK (at least on Alexander) seems to be making a comeback.
Comeback? When were they not, in general, arrogant elitest asshats? You just need to see the MNK forums to see that. Same with WAR really (which is almost ironic seeing as many WARs are quite pathetic).
Do you find yourself suprised then? :D

Oh and Tsybil, While I greatly appreciate the offer I have two things to consider.
1) You have been paying for the account with your money for well over a year now. I gave the account to you Truly the account belongs in full to you.
2) As I am starting over with someone else, It really makes sense for me to start fresh so we both have to go through the game together, not me logging on the high level and powerleveling =p.

On that note, if MNK is making a comeback that gives me reasonable pause. There is nothing I enjoyed more then participating in Skillchains. Magic burst are ok, but I vastly prefer TP skills.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Good luck trying to find a group to skill chain :roll:

Many mid-level parties have been trying to copy the burn party styles after 70. Its getting rare to see a low-mid level party want to skillchain, much less a low level party of newbies even having heard of skillchaining. :roll:

Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

ScarlettPheonix wrote:Good luck trying to find a group to skill chain :roll:

Many mid-level parties have been trying to copy the burn party styles after 70. Its getting rare to see a low-mid level party want to skillchain, much less a low level party of newbies even having heard of skillchaining. :roll:
So is this a good thing? or a Bad thing?

That was one of the things that highly fustrated me before and forced me to quit grouping NA players, no skillchains and Bad exp progression.. :cry:
Vatrina
Tomcat

Post by Vatrina »

Actual planned and timed SCs at all levels are almost non-existant now. Like Scarlett said, even the noob levels are trying to imitate the TP/WS burns of the elite levels. It's truely a sad day when you have to teach a lvl 75 in an HNM shell what an SC is and how to time it properly and to actually announce their TP.

Sometimes you will run across the occasional pt that will want to SC, but these have become too rare to expect and plan for.
75 RNG elite 75 BLM 75 PLD 75 SMN
Windurst Rank 10
Bastok Rank 10
San d'Oria Rank 10
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Question however is this method yielding better or worse xp then skillchaining?
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

70+~ same or better exp in most situations/set-ups
>70- generally worse exp in most situations/set-ups

After 70 the one best ways to get the most exp/hr is chaining VT-low IT mobs endlessly. The mobs in ToAU especially tend to have low def/hp and die very very quickly to fast attacking DDs that just spam weaponskill after weaponskill.

The brute force strategy of burn parties works very well at these levels since most mobs are low IT-VT for us, gear (even the NQ versions) have better stats than comparable armor at lower levels, people have merits and capped skills to increase their efficiency and are just more robust at end-game.

The problem is that more often than not, younger players try to copy higher level party strategies against IT-IT++ mobs and the brute force strategy doesn't work as well (at all really).

IF they were willing to drop down a tier and fight VT-low IT, then a burn party style >might< be an option, but more often then not they're used to seeing the big numbers from IT++ kills and just aren't willing to "settle" for less- even when fast chains of 80-100 exp per kill with lowered downtime usually equals more exp/hr rates.

More often than not they usually don't want to even consider doing a skillchain because "skillchains slow down the exp" when against IT++ mobs it usually increases your exp/hr~ especially if you have a blm, a rdm or even smn to MB on the skillchain.

Its very frusterating for veteran players to level lower jobs these days- you can only bash your head against rocks so often before you just decide to go with the flow- or learn to solo on every job as much as possible.

Edit- Thought over my post and decided to change the levels a bit and add in a better explanation.
Last edited by ScarlettPheonix on Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

So in other words, I should just go ahead and plan on playing during Jpn prime time again.. :wink:

Oh and.

Hai, sukoshi hanashimasu ^^
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

You can find lower level party members who SC, but it is easier to form a static with that in mind. I have even run into SAMs who prefer to endlessly solo Tachi: Enpi to SCing. /sigh

The MNK comeback began like 2 years ago. The days of Bones Parties have been over for quite a while. MNK/NIN is often seen as low as L 40ish as MNKs deal with the inferior hate holding abilities of NIN tanks.

With the new SAM JAs, /SAM is seeing a resurgence. L 70+ you can find WAR/SAM, DRG/SAM, and the occasional Fire Staff RNG/SAM.

If you would like to come to Garuda, I am in a LS that actively recruits newbies but has many members with multiple 75 jobs. It is quite helpful with Missions through R 6, basic Promies, and RoZ missions.

I seem to never get to Midgard anymore since the contraction to near nothingness of MP there. Not on either account.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Skilled RNGs have been using /sam for some time in certain situations anyway. Even before the new changes to SAM.

My sky linkshell's leader was a RNG who usually brought /sam to god fights and used it for a few CoP fights- Snoll in particular I think.

I actually like seeing DDs use /sam- its a nice alternative to /nin with the right support, of course.

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Tivia wrote:Do you find yourself suprised then? :D
Not sure which part of my quote that is referring to.

I'm just about the only WAR you'll see using a Great Axe (as well as Axes). I have quite a wide selection of gear if I'm not pleased with my Accuracy I have stuff to swap in to knock it up a notch or two.

Example of a bad WAR I saw the other day was one using Narashima's Vest, R.K. Mufflers, AF Legs and TPing in STR rings :roll: Seems to be a common occurance for cheap WARs to get Sipahi body (STR+5 Enhanced Crits) instead of Hauby. Jaridah Peti (Acc/Att+5) would do them better justice.

Think another reason there's so few SCs at lower levels is due to lack of BLM or THF in the parties. Considering the SC damage will be quite pathetic unless it's from a THF closing Distortion there's not really any point in doing one if there's no BLM there to burst it.
At higher levels it'd require WARs and RNGs giving up their favourite WS (Rampage and Slug Shot/Sidewinder) for something with less of an umph a la Mistral Axe/Decimation and Arching Arrow/Heavy Shot.
Tsybil wrote:With the new SAM JAs, /SAM is seeing a resurgence. L 70+ you can find WAR/SAM, DRG/SAM, and the occasional Fire Staff RNG/SAM.
You gotta be kidding? WAR giving up Dual Wield and Shadows? No wai! You won't see any WARs seeking with SAM sub although it may be in their comment, one or two may use it but it'd be in a LS party no doubt.
DRG/SAM is very prominant now even pre-60 though a fun sub just not as much power behind it as /WAR.

What you will see is the /NIN obsession being used at lower levels. DRK/NIN outside of merits is just stupid, especially using Axes over Scythe. Get the odd DRG/NIN who doesn't know that Jumps remove hate either :roll:

Giving SAM Hasso and Seigan was a half-assed attempt to make two-handed users better when all it really does is give SAM a bit more power. Two-handed users are still less than desirable by elitest asshats.
Tivia wrote:Hai, sukoshi hanashimasu
So you can speak a little, but if you can't hold a conversation then it doesn't mean diddly-poop :P

I was in a JP party once, told them I understood a little and they kept throwing Japanese I didn't understand at me :lol:

Sumimasen, wakarimasen...

You'll be using that a lot :P
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Oh I know, I recall quite well.

Nothing however is more fustrating then getting all the parts for your new pc that you have eagerly awaited..only to find the mainboard DOA... :cry: So my entire evening was shot last night.
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

Tivia wrote:Oh I know, I recall quite well.

Nothing however is more fustrating then getting all the parts for your new pc that you have eagerly awaited..only to find the mainboard DOA... :cry: So my entire evening was shot last night.

:shock: that would suck, fortunately its never happened to me, but I have had brand new CPUs pre-fried :cry:
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

This would mark the first ever Asus mainboard that has been bad for me. Truth be told I am unsure if its the MB or cpu, the error could be either. I know I have positively eliminated everything else by dropping in another machine.

The problem for me is, I have been AMD exclusive for so many years now that, I have utterly no bench testing equipment for an Intel cpu. thus I have no way to eliminate it from the problem. I mean it does not really matter, 1 rma or 2 I am going to be out the same period of time. No worries though I dropped my trusty amd setup right back in the box, and just hooked up the new vid, sound and psu to it in the interim and will just keep right on rolling with that.
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

IMHO, if you're looking to do stuff at end-game, skip FFXI. If you're looking for fun XP'ing, then FFXI is really pretty good. The one thing you'll probably expect as a 2nd-comer and not see are renkei-groups. The level 75 WS-spam groups paying off so well has trickled down to the lower levels. It doesn't work there, but trying to setup a renkei group is *really* hard now. ><

Most of my friends in FFXI are quiting and heading to either WoW or Vanguard. I did WoW -- fun for like 3-6mos, then it's over. Vanguard is really pretty cool in many ways. It's got it's share of new-release bugs and requires a VERY fast PC, but it's lots of fun.

VG crafting is outright better than any other MMORPG crafting ever, even with it's new-release bugs. The diplomacy aspect is interesting and fun (and not fully developed after newbie diplomacy). The grouping is a lot better than WoW, but it's not quite up to the skill and interaction level you find in an FFXI renkei group. It's more like ws spam groups. IMHO, I think this is mostly because everyone is too new to the game to really exploit all the interaction features. It has renkei-like features, but I don't think most folk understand how those work (I know I don't).

-=-=-=-

Here's a pic of one of my beta chars on his own personal flying griffon in VG. Yes, you can steer them and fly anywhere. Basically, if you can see it in VG, you can go there. All the stuff you see is part of the world you can reach.

-=-=-=-

If you'd like to try VG, let me know. I have a small guild over there made up of friends from FFXI and EQ (Florendyl - RP server). Or, if you're still considering FFXI, I can get you a pass to Bismarck. I'm not around on FFXI much, but it's a good server with many nice people.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

What didn't/don't you like about FFXI's endgame, Okuza?

Now, more then ever there's a ton of endgame content to get into- and SE is constantly adding more.

More players are gaining Sea access, which means Limbus and Jailers are getting nearly as much attention as sky/ground kings.

The release of Salvage gear is giving Assault and Salvage alot of attention from endgame players.

Dynamis is as popular as ever, besieged now gives limit points and there are always ENM/BCNM/ISNMs and KSNMs to do. And that's not to mention various missions, quests, crafts and 17 other jobs to level if you >really< get tired of endgame.

So- what was your problem with FFXI @ endgame? Just tired of it all- or the drama the HNM scene if famous for?

Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

Mostly what I don't like about FFXI endgame is there isn't any. Honestly, FFXI has no endgame at all by classic MMORPG standards. Real endgame means actually slaying tons of raid-level stuff every night, not standing around mashing your claim macro in a herd of other shells all doing the same thing. It means going out and actually *doing* end stuff instead of farming assault points or trigger items so you can actually do something one time a week.

FFXI endgame was sorta fun 3 years ago when there weren't any other 75s and you could actually do it. It's so packed up with RMT and other shells that there's just no point now.

SE doesn't understand the meaning of end-game. They have even stated several times that they don't want people to play at 75. They want them to start another job and play 1->75 all over again. That's OK and FFXI is definitely one of the most fun XP leveling games around, but there's very little end-game. Instead there is a great deal of fighting over what little end-game there is -- fighting with RMT and with other players.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Not looking at FFXI from an end game perspective.

WoW blows and I will never go back.

Playing VG currently, it is the one in debate. Great game..Fantastic really. Not sure how long i can take them abusing my class..yes I am a rogue. Level 33 at the time of this posting to be exact, will be 34 shortly.

Diplo system I hate, and Crafting is just an insane grind..I really disagree about it being the best.