Although everyone is complaing about the economy....

A place to talk about... anything!
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Although everyone is complaing about the economy....

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

When I started Earth Crystals were 300 Gil/12, Fire 3K, Light 10K. Silk Thread singles were going for 500 - 800. Everybody came to Windurst to farm Silk.

Battle Gloves were 40-60K, Martial Slacks were 120K+. Just seeing a Scorpy Harness was a big wow.

I bought Erase this week for a mule, it was 60K. I was so happy to get mine for under 600K ever so long ago.

If this keeps up we will all be able to upgrade Relic Weapons.

But some things never change. Leaping Lizzy's lifespan is still measured in milliseconds. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

It's not about how much easier it is to buy things wich is true. (Just got some Noct Gear for Rng much cheaper than what it used to be) It's about making gil that Im finding more difficult as of late. Ive never seen Agentblack so broke before since I started playing. Items I spent 100k+ for, I can only sell back for 30k (and still dropping). On the bright not, if it keeps on declining and declining, then maybe having 150g may mean your rich :lol: :lol: j/k. Still all I can do is kick back and watch while sipping on my lemonade. 8)
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

I will admit that some of my money makers have disappeared but to be honest, I was bored with them. I am currently looking for a new money making method that will work with me.

Naturally I will keep my new money making scheme a secret. After all, if I get too much competition i'll be right where I am now.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Turns into spy mode to observe Keavy. >_>
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Rinni
Tomcat

Post by Rinni »

Yep i know the feeling. while i was skiling up my fishing on shall shells, i was making 18k a stack, which means after a couple of days of fishing, i'd have about 300k of fish. awsome.

now they have dropped to about 8k a stack. and either because of my fishing level, or just bad timing, they seem to be harder to catch.

so my money maker has gone, although i have found an alternative. but i need money to invest into it first {sigh}
am a lil' kitty an' i <3 to fish.

Mmm Fishies.

lvl 54 {fisherman}
i will be a master!
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

SH is under 1mil now :)

Relic weapons still like 250mil to fully upgrade or something :lol:

I have 2 forms of income;
1) a little something on the side that sells quite quickly: Imperial Gold Coins.
2) something with a bigger payoff: farming Manticore Hairs and synthing into Kaginawa. 16-20K/stack I make 5-10 stacks a farming session. Earth Clusters I farm out there too, Grass Thread is bought from guild shop and Bronze Ingots either bought or synthed from guild shop.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Re: Although everyone is complaing about the economy....

Post by Tivia »

Tsybil wrote: I bought Erase this week for a mule, it was 60K. I was so happy to get mine for under 600K ever so long ago.
Oh good, Can I come back and play now? :P

j/k :lol:
Larxene
Kitten

Post by Larxene »

Meh, the economy on Midgard has been worse, but it's still not good. I'll admit, there is alot of stuff that's been cut to a reasonable size, but Ochie's kote is still 1mil+ last I looked. I guess where my complaints lie are in the fact that every time I turn around, there's something blocking my way. Be it lvling a job I really don't like (like Ninja x.x) or some equipment is still above my ability to farm. My first sam I passed on Ochies kote, and lived. Now, seems that to some it's a mandatory must. It's split between the economy and people being snobs that's been irking me. I moved servers to Leviathan, dunno how well it is there but maybe i'll stand a good chance.
Fear the fists of the almighty....Mr. Chan!
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Economy is an interesting thing in FFXI. Alot of people look at it and go, "Oh look, Silk is down from 1000 to 500." And "SH is dropepd drom 7 mil to 1.7mil". I have my own personal "Wow, look how far it's come down." stories. My Colossol Lance and Amemet Mantle +1 were both worth 1mil back in the day I bought them, over 6 months ago. Now they both sell for 350k-300k.

That's supposedly a good thing, right? Erase at 60k instead of 600k. All over prices are dropping by 50%-90%. But so are the money makers. Maybe, then, it's not so much the value of the item, but the value of gil that's changed?

I know, just more of Evi's silly talk. But what I'm getting at is if prices have dropped by 50%-90%, and so have what you used to make money on, then maybe that's not a bad thing? (Or not a good thing, for that matter.)

If one used to sell, for instance, Fire Crystal stacks on my server. Like grew them and pawned them off in Bastok for all those hungry Smiths and Goldsmiths. That fetched a cool 6-8k per stack. What is it now? 1-2k. That's quite a bit lower.

But seeing as everything else has lowered in price by roughly the same ratio, the over all -value- of what you sell has not changed.

Let's say I sold 100 stacks of fire crystals back at the old prices. Woot, that's roughly 700k! Now at these prices? Oh crap, 150k. (Not figuring in AH taxes which have not changed.) Well, on the bright side, look at the previously mentioned Erase Scroll. 600k > 60k

600k is roughly 85% of 700k. If I bought it with my Fire Crystal stacks, I'd end up with a nice shiny scroll and 15% of my gil left. Now today, if I were to buy it. 60k is 40% of 150k, which means I'd end up with 60% of my gil left over.

Would you rather end up with 100k(15%of sales) in an inflated economy? Or 90k(60% of sales) in an sagging economy. It's all about the ratios and relative value of gil. Sure now a days you see less big numbers, but htink about it. Can't your gil now get you more, then more gil could've gotten you earlier?
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

hmm, back when is started... Oct of NA release... the best items at the time er guess I should say most popular, the SH, Emp Hairpin, Hauby, Leaping Boots ect. The max price on those items was 250k. Big change since then. :P
Sakino
Big Cat

Post by Sakino »

Eviticus wrote:Economy is an interesting thing in FFXI. Alot of people look at it and go, "Oh look, Silk is down from 1000 to 500." And "SH is dropepd drom 7 mil to 1.7mil". I have my own personal "Wow, look how far it's come down." stories. My Colossol Lance and Amemet Mantle +1 were both worth 1mil back in the day I bought them, over 6 months ago. Now they both sell for 350k-300k.

That's supposedly a good thing, right? Erase at 60k instead of 600k. All over prices are dropping by 50%-90%. But so are the money makers. Maybe, then, it's not so much the value of the item, but the value of gil that's changed?

I know, just more of Evi's silly talk. But what I'm getting at is if prices have dropped by 50%-90%, and so have what you used to make money on, then maybe that's not a bad thing? (Or not a good thing, for that matter.)

If one used to sell, for instance, Fire Crystal stacks on my server. Like grew them and pawned them off in Bastok for all those hungry Smiths and Goldsmiths. That fetched a cool 6-8k per stack. What is it now? 1-2k. That's quite a bit lower.

But seeing as everything else has lowered in price by roughly the same ratio, the over all -value- of what you sell has not changed.

Let's say I sold 100 stacks of fire crystals back at the old prices. Woot, that's roughly 700k! Now at these prices? Oh crap, 150k. (Not figuring in AH taxes which have not changed.) Well, on the bright side, look at the previously mentioned Erase Scroll. 600k > 60k

600k is roughly 85% of 700k. If I bought it with my Fire Crystal stacks, I'd end up with a nice shiny scroll and 15% of my gil left. Now today, if I were to buy it. 60k is 40% of 150k, which means I'd end up with 60% of my gil left over.

Would you rather end up with 100k(15%of sales) in an inflated economy? Or 90k(60% of sales) in an sagging economy. It's all about the ratios and relative value of gil. Sure now a days you see less big numbers, but htink about it. Can't your gil now get you more, then more gil could've gotten you earlier?
The best thing about the current economy imho is that to some extent, Gil from quest rewards, Gil from beastmen and treasure chests have become a viable source of income these days.

People have forgotten what it was like in the "old days" of NA beta and the beginning of retail. I clawed my way up (gil wise) for the most part from quest rewards (and not buying said quest item on the AH).
Ph33r th3 b4rd!

[img]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4166/131035531942hl.gif[/img]

"Wealth is an illusion, power is fleeting, but tuna... tuna is REAL!" - Brynmor of Phoenix
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

I myself am not surprized by the changes.

There's one thing everyone of every race, gender, and job want. Gil, and if there's a moneymaker, people will run to it just to make gil.

Ancient Currency is running 10k a bill here in Valefor (1 mill for 100 bills), and as time goes on, and more people are doing successful Dynamis runs, you'll see that go down to 9k, and even more.

Astral Rings were 500k a month ago, and now its dropped to 350k-400k. Everyone is doing their best to farm Astrals now, since they're easy to get, and only requires three people at level20.

All you can do is keep a list of old money makers and converse with other people about past spots they may have farmed. Give it a few months, and the price will be back up.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I'm not sure if Evi was saying whether you get more from your gil now or when everything was overpriced :lol:

I'd say the big stuff has dropped a lot more than the small consumables etc. (percentage wise).

When I first started making Kaginawa it sold for 40-50K/stack and Manticore Hairs were 10-15K each. At the same time my Barone Corazza must have been around 10-12mil and Hauby was probably around 6-8mil.

Now Kaginawa is 18-20K/stack (42% of old price) and Manticore Hairs are 4-5K each (36% of old price).
Corazza is 1.8-2.5mil (20% of old price) and Hauby is 1.35-1.5mil (20% of old price).

So more farming/synthing time gets me more now than it did back then it seems :)
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

To be perfectly honest, looking back I'm not even sure what I said. :oops: I just start rambling. It all makes sense at the time of writing, but no garuntees after that.

And someone else was saying the thing about making money off of beastmen gil drops and from quests. I'd have to say that's pretty true.

While lfp at...Lv36 or 37, something like that, Pup. I was soloing at Lower Delkfutt's Tower running all around the 1st-2nd floors killing all kinds of bats and Gigas's. With my puppet the way he was set up, he'd be tossing out Cure3's with the occasional convert, so no down time. Anyways, I noticed I was at it for a while, and with 60-100gil per gigas killed, that mounts up fairly nicely over time.

Yes, I know in today's market if I'd farmed something specific, I could have made money faster. But the way I was doing it, I was soloing for exp off of EP's and DC's while lfp. Exp+Gil, not too shabby.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо