MAAT Should be dead and SE should be Sued *Rant*

A place to talk about... anything!
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

MAAT Should be dead and SE should be Sued *Rant*

Post by Pheonixhawk »

I spent 60k on a Vile Elixir + 1, Hi -Potion, and X-potion. I then purchased 2 yage drinks, and 1 melon Pie + 1.

Here is how my victorious maat fight went for my rdm. I went in on windsday.

Ran up to maat without buffing, and had equipped all gear that didnt effect my mp. (If it did, it was already on me). Then I ran up to maat and began.

Casted Sleep 1. Resist.

Sleep II, Stuck.

Dispelled, and used a Yagudo Drink.

Casted Stoneskin.

Got some distance and used Aero III. 353 dmg.

Casted Sleep I. Resisted again. Maat hit me for 116 dmg.

Casted Sleep II. Stuck.

Used Cure III, and casted Stoneskin.

Cast Aero III, and Hit for 314 dmg.

Maat woke up and hit me for 0 dmg.

Cast Sleep I. Resisted.

Cast Sleep II. Stuck. Maat hit me for 136 dmg.

Used a High Potion. to Restore some MP.

Cast Aero III, for 315 dmg. Maat was now at 50% hp.

He used chainspell, and managed to get Fire II and Blizzard II off, because once again Sleep 1 failed, and Sleep II stuck.

Used a Vile Eilixir + 1 and casted Aero III, and Cure III.

Maat took 312 dmg.

I felt it was now or never, and slept maat with sleep II.

I used chainspell with 137 mp left. I used Aero III. Maat took 353 dmg.

THEN THE WORST THING THAT COULD POSSIBLY HAPPENED TO A RDM. HAPPENED.

I used Convert while i had 67 mp... AND IT DIDNT GO OFF. BUT THE TIMER SAID 10 MIN WAIT TIME. So i stood there in shock, with full hp, and 67 mp, and watched maat clobber me, because the game f**cked up and didnt use convert. It was going to be perfect. I was gonna Cure IV myself and give him 3 more Aero III's and WIN. Now i spent another 4 hours farming, and another 60k on materiels. That old bastard is going to die today.

SQUARE ENIX I PAY YOU EVERY MONTH. THE LEAST YOU CAN DO IS MAKE SURE YOUR GAME DOESNT SCREW RDM'S OUTTA THIER MAAT FIGHT. *****/RANT /FLAME / BURN DOWN SANDORIA AND BASTOK.***
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Maat fight for Rdm from what Ive heard from all my friends is based solely on luck. Ive heard so many tactics and stuff tried against him, even doing it on certain days like Windsdays and using Air spells and what not on that corresponding day. Sometimes ya get it, sometimes ya dont. Keep trying, youll get it. :)
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

I keep thinking what would of caused Convert to not go off. Maybe it was when I used the X-Potion right before I chainspelled, but if that was the case, then Chainspell wouldn't of gone off. GAAAAH IM SOOO TICKED OFF!! :x
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

/comfort.

People have tried many many ways. All have worked for someone.

I would say Bind right before you Nuke. Buys you precious seconds.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Well, Aero III is the preferred spell since at 70 its our highest nuke.
Windsday is just for the added boost wind based spell occasionally get- in our fight every little advantage you can squeeze out counts.

Really sorry that happened to you PH~ I've only had something similar happen once. I was doing BCNM40 Under Observation with two friends. We were doing the 2 NIN, 1 RDM method. Basically, the NINs solo the lesser eyes (one each) while I kite the big one. Then they come kill the big one when the other two are dead.

Things were going good until I tried to Convert- same thing as what happened to you PH- My HP and MP didn't budge an inch (Full HP, ~6 MP) but my timer was saying 9:57 until my next 'vert. :x

Only BCNM40 we ever lost ; ;

Only thing I can think of that might cause it is server lag for some reason.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

:o

That looked like a smooth fight. Honestly, I envy that.

But the convert. It was just a very unlucky day. Next time, you should get it.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Were you moving when you hit Convert? That may have caused the issue.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Rinni
Tomcat

Post by Rinni »

i've been running when i've hit convert and it's still fired ok. must just have been a glitch. a really irritating one.

*hugs*
am a lil' kitty an' i <3 to fish.

Mmm Fishies.

lvl 54 {fisherman}
i will be a master!
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

JAs are instant, would have still used it if moving.

Did he get Paralyze off on you?
Rinni
Tomcat

Post by Rinni »

it wouldn't have given him the 10 min timer then if he had been paralyzed
am a lil' kitty an' i <3 to fish.

Mmm Fishies.

lvl 54 {fisherman}
i will be a master!
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

It's a bug that is in FFXI. The most you can do is alert FFXI devs and hope that it'll get worked out somehow.

And Phoenix, don't worry. Maat has been difficult for a friend of mine (Hume DRK: Eviljoel)

He's gone 0 - 14 - 0 (How can you tie him anyways)
Finwich
Housecat

Post by Finwich »

It was probably server lag. I have that happen alot when i am trying to BP in Dynamis. The BP timer will restart and my avatar will stand there glowing and the buffs do not appear. Very bad luck there.
RDM/SMN/WAR/DRG/DNC/BLM/COR/DRK85
Bravura 6/14/10 WARcat +7
Kessa
Housecat

Post by Kessa »

You have my condolances PH /comfort

I dont have RDM level'd but the same thing happened to me with THF and my Flee timer :x I ended up a juicy morsel for that dragon in the kuftal tunnel x.x

Also please dont burn down Bastok, its my home x.x
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Shinrasin/Signature/The-Master-Thief.png[/img]
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Rinni wrote:it wouldn't have given him the 10 min timer then if he had been paralyzed
Actually, yeah, it would've. Had many many many occurences of lost Provokes because of Paralyze. Any JA can get paralyzed so it doesn't fire and you lose loss of it, except for 2hrs. They just don't fire, but you don't lose'em. If that's what happened tho, then yeah, that'll be what did it.

As to the Blood Pacts not going off, mob moved out of range and/or died before it went off I'm guessing. o.O;
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Or lag...she was talking about Dynamis after all :lol:
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Well I wasn't paralyzed for sure, because Maat didn't cast it. I'm guessing server lag.
Kessa wrote: Also please dont burn down Bastok, its my home x.x
lol fine fine. I suppose ill let the Bastok kitties live for now. :twisted:
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Finwich wrote:It was probably server lag. I have that happen alot when i am trying to BP in Dynamis. The BP timer will restart and my avatar will stand there glowing and the buffs do not appear. Very bad luck there.
You're saying buff.

Is at that time the avatar engaged to a mob?
There is a small glitch in the game that when you command a Blood pact: Ward engaged to a mob and the mob dies before the pact goes off the avatar will just stand there with spikes out ready to explode.
Even if it's directed at a player.

It's pretty annoying when it happens the second you try to get of a Healing Ruby II or something.
Your timer restarts but the commanded BP will not suck up the MP needed for it though.

That does happen when you command a Blood pact: Rage and the mob moves out of range :x
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Rinni wrote:it wouldn't have given him the 10 min timer then if he had been paralyzed
It will. I have lost Convert to Paralyze several times. I mean lost just like PH did in the circle.

A similar thing happened to a DRK I know during his Maat fight, I forget the details but it was, again, a JA.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Kintrra wrote:
Actually, yeah, it would've. Had many many many occurences of lost Provokes because of Paralyze. Any JA can get paralyzed so it doesn't fire and you lose loss of it, except for 2hrs. They just don't fire, but you don't lose'em. If that's what happened tho, then yeah, that'll be what did it.
Thank you :P
Tsybil wrote:It will. I have lost Convert to Paralyze several times. I mean lost just like PH did in the circle.
Thank you too :P

That's why I don't use any JAs (especially Phantom Roll) when Paralyzed :lol:

If it was lag, it should have triggered eventually or just not reset the timer, that is screwed :oops:
Shirai wrote:Is at that time the avatar engaged to a mob?
There is a small glitch in the game that when you command a Blood pact: Ward engaged to a mob and the mob dies before the pact goes off the avatar will just stand there with spikes out ready to explode.
Even if it's directed at a player.
Same is true for Wyvern Breaths; be it an elemental breath, healing breath or curing breath if the mob dies before they get it off they'll just float there ready to explode :oops:
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Fought Maat again, and let me tell ya. Ive heard alot of rumors about Asuaran Fist. And I thought maybe it was just over exagerration. But when I saw my HP drop from 765 hp to 0, I just sat there in shock. 0/9 on Maat and counting. :(
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

:( You'll get him PH, I know ya can. Don't feel too hard, 1/8 on him as PLD, and PLD was supposed to be easy. :oops:

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Im not only gonna get him. Iim going to torture him :twisted:

Quote from a song by the wu tang clan (edited some for content and for Maat):

Ill friggin, put Maat's nuts on a table, just his nuts, and hit them with a spiked bad.

Ill friggin, sew Maat's butthole shut, and ill keep feeding him, and feeding him, and feeding him.

Ill get a hanger and put it over a stove for like 40 minute and then stick it in Maat's butt real slow.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

If he uses it once and doesn't finish the job, almost garanteed he'll use it again and again and again until you're dead. :oops:
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

As Kintrra found out I think ><

Didn't you Invincible right as he did the first AF, but he kept doing it until it wore? 8x Asuran Fists in a row or something like that?

Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

ScarlettPheonix wrote:As Kintrra found out I think ><

Didn't you Invincible right as he did the first AF, but he kept doing it until it wore? 8x Asuran Fists in a row or something like that?
Yep, that's right. Old fart just kept going, and going, and going, and going. Used Asuran Fists, back-to-back-to-back until Invincible wore off. I've still got the screenies loaded up on photobucket too. :oops: I was a VERY angry kitty that day. :oops:

Dawezy
Tomcat

Post by Dawezy »

Kintrra wrote: :oops: I was a VERY angry kitty that day. :oops:
I bare witness to this event of frustration.

:shock:

1/3 on my loldrk Maat, so eh =\ best of luck lad we really cant do much more then provide moral support lol.
~
[img]http://www.dawezy.com/ff11/Nibble.jpg[/img]
~

:D
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

1/2 on the old coot myself on whm.

First try was at level 66 where I went in way too nervous for my own good.
3/5 hits he landed on me were crits and I couldn't time my cures right.
He kept slapping me silly until he used Howling fists and finished me off.

Second try I went at 70 with a lot more evasion gear.
This time he missed 2/5 hits actually and hardly critted me.
He didn't do any WS on me and after 5ish minutes of taking hits and a lot better cure timing he gave up.

3rd time I wanted to see him go down so I went in as summoner.
*What slap me silly?*
*SMACK! TAKE THIS {Predator Claws}!
Maat takes 1537 points of damage.
Maat: Ouch that hurt!
*Had enough?
Maat's Avatar readies Astral Flow.
Shirai is out of range
*Take this! {Predator Claws}
Maat takes 1327 points of damage.
After that it only took a few more melee hits to floor the geezer.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

Most of the RDM I know have gone the "cheap" route with Maat. If all your abilities work and you dun get resists, you can slay him without expensive consumables. They just keep trying him until they get the lucky sequence and a win.

That was my approach as THF, too (waaay back). I resolved to do one Maat per day as soon as I was of sufficient level. THF is a lot easier than RDM, but it's all luck, too. Steal. Fail. Die. RR. Steal. Fail. Die. Repeat until you win. Thing about RDM is that y'all dun just have ONE chancy thing that needs to succeed, you have an entire sequence. MUCH harder.

G'luck on it! Persevere and you'll get him!
Finwich
Housecat

Post by Finwich »

I am talking about dynamis where lag is KING. (R1500- 2500 at all times)

I am also talking about defensive buffs, not offensive bps, so there is not mob to move; just me standing there, pissed that I still have no stoneskin and have to wait 40 seconds to try again. My macros are set to cast on me, so I am targeted. Idk, it's a pain in the ass.
RDM/SMN/WAR/DRG/DNC/BLM/COR/DRK85
Bravura 6/14/10 WARcat +7
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: MAAT Should be dead and SE should be Sued *Rant*

Post by xaresity »