POL difficulties?

A place to talk about... anything!
Rinni
Tomcat

POL difficulties?

Post by Rinni »

anyone else having an issue getting into POL?

so damn annoyed. was in an awsome pty, DC'd and now i can't get back in
am a lil' kitty an' i <3 to fish.

Mmm Fishies.

lvl 54 {fisherman}
i will be a master!
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Same here. I think POL may be down.

God damn... for a moment I was worried. I was thinking to myself 'Ooookay.. maybe SE locked my account for some reason' when I noticed the message, and check Playonline.com, only to see that all servers were up.

Oh well, I can wait for things to clear up. I just got my WHM AF Hat. (Kiss my ass Garliage Citadel)
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news9463.shtml

Jan. 8, 2007 13:00 [PST] From: PlayOnline
PlayOnline Login Difficulties (Jan. 8 )

Currently we are experiencing difficulties where players may be unable to login or logout from PlayOnline and its contents. The issue is currently being addressed, and new updates will follow as additional information becomes available.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

[Date & Time]
From Jan. 8, 2007 12:36(PST)

[Details]
-Difficulties where players may be unable to login or logout from PlayOnline
and its contents.

[Cause]
Under investigation

[Affected Services]
PlayOnline
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Yeah, I figured that already.

I checked the POL site at 2:00 PST. No update.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

There is speculation on other forums about a DDoS attack.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Ugh...I hope not. The attacks a year and a half ago were bad enough. Sure hope this isn't the start of another repeat of that :(
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

3rd PT attacks are happening on SWG atm, I wonder if their connected to XI's difficulties? (SWG is having the same login/out problems, they just havnt said a word about it >.>)
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Rinni
Tomcat

Post by Rinni »

:shock:
am a lil' kitty an' i <3 to fish.

Mmm Fishies.

lvl 54 {fisherman}
i will be a master!
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Fiye wrote:Same here. I think POL may be down.

God damn... for a moment I was worried. I was thinking to myself 'Ooookay.. maybe SE locked my account for some reason' when I noticed the message, and check Playonline.com, only to see that all servers were up.

Oh well, I can wait for things to clear up. I just got my WHM AF Hat. (Kiss my ass Garliage Citadel)
Congratulations!

If the banned gilsellers are causing problems again they're gonna have to deal with a pissed off PLD who wants to get WAR the hell outta the dunes.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Are the issues still going on? :(
MittensValefor
Big Cat

Post by MittensValefor »

Fiye wrote: Oh well, I can wait for things to clear up. I just got my WHM AF Hat. (Kiss my ass Garliage Citadel)
LOL! Congratulations! XD
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
http://www.allpeopleeverywhere.com/
Bitneko
Tomcat

Post by Bitneko »

Tsybil wrote:There is speculation on other forums about a DDoS attack.
What's that? Sorry, I've only been playing FFXI since last Febuary. ^^;
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Woah Triple Post :shock: :shock: :shock:
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Yeah, I can't login to POL at all and its really aggravating me. If I have to spend another weekend in the dunes because of this I will be one unhappy kitty.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Bitneko wrote:
From SearchSecturity.com:
On the Internet, a distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack is one in which a multitude of compromised systems attack a single target, thereby causing denial of service for users of the targeted system. The flood of incoming messages to the target system essentially forces it to shut down, thereby denying service to the system to legitimate users.
A hacker (or, if you prefer, cracker) begins a DDoS attack by exploiting a vulnerability in one computer system and making it the DDoS "master." It is from the master system that the intruder identifies and communicates with other systems that can be compromised. The intruder loads cracking tools available on the Internet on multiple -- sometimes thousands of -- compromised systems. With a single command, the intruder instructs the controlled machines to launch one of many flood attacks against a specified target. The inundation of packets to the target causes a denial of service.

While the press tends to focus on the target of DDoS attacks as the victim, in reality there are many victims in a DDoS attack -- the final target and as well the systems controlled by the intruder.
Basically, its someone using zombie PCs to flood a given network/site/service so that legitimate users can't access the site/service/whatever.

About a year and a half ago FFXI and POL was subjected to severe DDOS attacks for well over 6 months. Servers were down a lot and emergency maintenances were very very common. It was a good week if the servers hadn't gone down more then 2x.

I personally haven't had any issues whats so ever logging in and getting on. A couple people in my linkshell have been complaining of D/Cing alot though this past week so that might be part of it.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Bitneko
Tomcat

Post by Bitneko »

ScarlettPheonix wrote:
Bitneko wrote:
From SearchSecturity.com:
On the Internet, a distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack is one in which a multitude of compromised systems attack a single target, thereby causing denial of service for users of the targeted system. The flood of incoming messages to the target system essentially forces it to shut down, thereby denying service to the system to legitimate users.
A hacker (or, if you prefer, cracker) begins a DDoS attack by exploiting a vulnerability in one computer system and making it the DDoS "master." It is from the master system that the intruder identifies and communicates with other systems that can be compromised. The intruder loads cracking tools available on the Internet on multiple -- sometimes thousands of -- compromised systems. With a single command, the intruder instructs the controlled machines to launch one of many flood attacks against a specified target. The inundation of packets to the target causes a denial of service.

While the press tends to focus on the target of DDoS attacks as the victim, in reality there are many victims in a DDoS attack -- the final target and as well the systems controlled by the intruder.
Basically, its someone using zombie PCs to flood a given network/site/service so that legitimate users can't access the site/service/whatever.

About a year and a half ago FFXI and POL was subjected to severe DDOS attacks for well over 6 months. Servers were down a lot and emergency maintenances were very very common. It was a good week if the servers hadn't gone down more then 2x.

I personally haven't had any issues whats so ever logging in and getting on. A couple people in my linkshell have been complaining of D/Cing alot though this past week so that might be part of it.
Oh.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :(
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:Woah Triple Post :shock: :shock: :shock:
Taken care of ;)
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

I'll bet this has a lot to do with the recent bannings and the forming of the RMT taskforce.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Then explain why Star Wars Galaxies had the same problems? They havnt done a mass banning in a long time, and yet I couldn't log out. Now unless SE is helping the competition (which I strongly doubt they are) .... :?:
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: POL difficulties?

Post by xaresity »