A place to talk about... anything!
Tianshii
Mad Cat

o.O kick in the tail dose of Reality

Post by Tianshii »

BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) -- The official witnesses to Saddam Hussein's
impending execution gathered Friday in Baghdad's fortified Green
Zone in final preparation for his hanging, as state television
broadcast footage of his regime's atrocities.
The Iraqi government readied all the necessary documents,
including a "red card" -- an execution order introduced during
Saddam's dictatorship. As the hour of his death approached, Saddam
received two of his half brothers in his cell on Thursday and was
said to have given them his personal belongings and a copy of his
will.
Najeeb al-Nueimi, a member of Saddam's legal team in Doha,
Qatar, said he too requested a final meeting with the deposed Iraqi
leader. "His daughter in Amman was crying, she said 'Take me with
you,"' al-Nueimi said late Friday. But he said their request was
rejected.
An adviser to Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said Saddam would
be executed before 6 a.m. Saturday, or 10 p.m. Friday EST. Also to
be hanged at that time were Saddam's half-brother Barzan Ibrahim
and Awad Hamed al-Bandar, the former chief justice of the
Revolutionary Court, the adviser said.
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Pity our legal system is not this swift.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Just read it on the Dutch news...

Frankly I don't know what to say...
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Shirai wrote:Just read it on the Dutch news...

Frankly I don't know what to say...
This says all that ever needs to be said about him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqqH2Akp29A
Kessa
Housecat

Post by Kessa »

Regadless of what you hear on the news, after his execution parties broke out in the streets of Habbeniyah and Ramadi. I mean like Mati Gras type block paties that spanned the whole city :D

Danceing, Singing, Shooting AK's in the air the whole 9.

It was awsome!
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Shinrasin/Signature/The-Master-Thief.png[/img]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

footage is on youtube. Just before the trap door opened the camera "RAN OUT OF FILM" :?: sounds suspicious. Im not one for crude footage, but damn I wantedd to watch him hang ;;
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Sakino
Big Cat

Post by Sakino »

Saddam spelled backwards is MadAss... 'nuff said. :P
Ph33r th3 b4rd!

[img]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4166/131035531942hl.gif[/img]

"Wealth is an illusion, power is fleeting, but tuna... tuna is REAL!" - Brynmor of Phoenix
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

great, now saddam will be in hell with satan plotting to come back and take over the world...
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Larxene
Kitten

Post by Larxene »

Meh, In my opinion, he got what he deserved. Never been the one for politics and crap, but when a villian such as Saddam gets sentenced to death, I can see why. All over the news in my area is people saying that it shouldn't have happend and acting like it's America's fault. But, meh, it's not like we sentenced him. Like I said, politics bore me, but when crap like this happens, I tend to get a lil peeved about the media.
Fear the fists of the almighty....Mr. Chan!
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Larxene wrote:Meh, In my opinion, he got what he deserved. Never been the one for politics and crap, but when a villian such as Saddam gets sentenced to death, I can see why. All over the news in my area is people saying that it shouldn't have happend and acting like it's America's fault. But, meh, it's not like we sentenced him. Like I said, politics bore me, but when crap like this happens, I tend to get a lil peeved about the media.
We did not sentance him. Iraq Did. The People Of Iraq Convicted, Sentanced, And Executed Him. America's roll was capturing him and nothing more. You wanna blame someone? How about the country that was oppressed and ended the reign of terror.

EDIT: when I say you wanna blame someone, I meant generic, nothing personal to anyone here
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Its crude but if you want to see the entire hanging here it is.

Warning, This video may be considered extremely crude by some. If you are easily offended Do not click the link.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 9766935521

Very hard to make out, it is a cell phone after all but you can clearly identify him and it leaves no doubt.
Last edited by Tivia on Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Im not one for crude videos, But I wanted to see this, my father's a desert storm vet, I wanted to watch the lil SOB HANG! That' s for everything they put us through. Now I can finally relax, Operation Desert Storm wasnt in vein, it just took another generation to finish the job.
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Castro's about a foot from his hospital death bed, Saddam's boots belong to the hangman. Great. Now all we need to do is actually pay attention to the decades of genocide in Africa.

Oh wait, no, there's not as much oil there, never mind.

(And this is coming from a conservative? >.> )
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Well, no oil yet discovered.....but there are diamonds, emeralds and other assorted gems in Africa.

Personally, I'm more intrested in the ongoing Armstice on the Korean Peninsula, but that's mostly because I've studied Korean and spent 3 yrs there.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Africa is no threat to anyone except themselves. Let the UN deal with that.

Oh thats right the UN can't do anything meaningful anyhow..

Korea and Iran are the next big threats...why? Because their leaders are psychopaths.

So the choice is, attempt to fix the genocide in Africa which is essentially impossible because it would be a full guerrilla war, no conventional enemy more or less like Iraq on a much larger scale, with no tangible benefit other then some moral aspiration to be better humans. Or to go after countries with lunatic leaders who have nuclear weapons or the potential to get them and are just stupid enough to actually use them which has the potential to not only be devastating to just the US but to the Global economy....Let me think which target is more important? Oil is considered I am sure, but people fail to realize it is hardly the end all be all, Global nuclear catastrophe has far more dire consequences then a few measly oil fields.

On a Global playing field no-one gives two shits about Africa, sorry its ugly but true.

This will be all I say as I really do not feel like delving into politics, it would mean I would actually have to care about the subject.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Don't go after the country, go after the leader. Just need to send a special forces team in do assassinate them and bingo.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Tivia wrote: This will be all I say as I really do not feel like delving into politics, it would mean I would actually have to care about the subject.
I share this same opinion, however I will keep this topic open for debate as long as it's kept a mature discussion.
(Which it has remained so far, good job!)

However I still debating what to do with the link to that movie as I personally found it quite shocking to watch.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Iran would be easy. Just blockade it's borders from any sort of trade, and we have ourselves a win within two weeks (Since all they have is oil refineries. Not actual oil). As far as North Korea is concerned. We'd have to be careful about how we go about it. Because one wrong move, and Japan might be hit by a third nuke.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

A war with N. Korea was a nightmarish thought before they restarted thier nuclear program and no one really wanted to even consider going into the country like we have in Iraq. Its better protected to start with, the DMZ is no joke. Its 3 miles of nothing but mines and armed troops on both sides and the mines will need to be cleared before any troops can be sent in. Cleared the hard way- bombers can't make clear paths.

Also, S. Korea just does not want to take on the financial burden of reunification with N. Korea. W. Germany was thrown into a financial crisis when E. Germany reunited with them- for S. Korea it will be much much worse. N. Korea is decades behind the rest of the world in technology and the civilians live about as well as medieval dirt farmers and are about as healthy. Upgrading N. Korea to S. Korea's quality of life as it is now would cost hundredes of billions- the cost of doing so after a war is almost unthinkable.

Its funny- the S. Koreans want to reunify with N. Korea, but they don't want the financial burden of doing so.

Then there's China. China has been a huge help in containing N. Korea recently and making them toe the Security Council's line, but if N. Korea is attacked they will come to it's aid and so might Russia. However, if N. Korea does attack- China might decide to sit it out. They don't want war on the peninsula anymore than we do to be honest.

It's going to be intresting to watch N. Korea over the next few years. It never recovered from the famines and flooding that destroyed their rice crops in the 90s and the technology gap between them and the rest of the region just keeps growing.

International Organizations that for the past 20 years have donated millions of tons of foodstuffs, medical supplies and fuel are starting to cut back on their annual donations to N. Korea.

Often the reasons given are for problems with raising the needed materials but also concerns over the fact that there is no monitoring inside the country to make sure that the help is going to the ones who need it most. Most often the donations are diverted and go to the high ranking military and government officials instead of the regular people.

North Korea can not support its people without that help and if it stops enirerly....well, who knows what might happen.
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Shirai wrote:I still debating what to do with the link to that movie as I personally found it quite shocking to watch.
Don't click it. I didn't.
Fiye wrote:Iran would be easy. Just blockade it's borders from any sort of trade, and we have ourselves a win within two weeks (Since all they have is oil refineries. Not actual oil).
You kitty, have a job waiting at the Bush White house. This is just the sort of easy answers they love. And just the type that got us into Iraq.
Sugami wrote:Don't go after the country, go after the leader. Just need to send a special forces team in do assassinate them and bingo.
That is illegal by US and international law. We in the US would never do such a thing. :shock: Stage convent "accidents", Send Castro exploding cigars, have aircraft fly into mountains in clear weather, that's more our style.
ScarlettPheonix wrote:International Organizations that for the past 20 years have donated millions of tons of foodstuffs, medical supplies and fuel are starting to cut back on their annual donations to N. Korea.

Often the reasons given are for problems with raising the needed materials but also concerns over the fact that there is no monitoring inside the country to make sure that the help is going to the ones who need it most. Most often the donations are diverted and go to the high ranking military and government officials instead of the regular people.
All true. It didn't at all help that the bags of rice, which always came in marked "A gift from the people of [country name] to the people of N. Korea" was always repackaged and relabeled as a gift from their "dear leader".
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Shirai wrote:
Tivia wrote: This will be all I say as I really do not feel like delving into politics, it would mean I would actually have to care about the subject.
I share this same opinion, however I will keep this topic open for debate as long as it's kept a mature discussion.
(Which it has remained so far, good job!)

However I still debating what to do with the link to that movie as I personally found it quite shocking to watch.
Warning added,

If you wish it removed just ask I will remove it. I usually do not get into propagating things like this however this is a fairly big deal to nearly everyone in some way or another.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

All in all, as long as Nuclear Missiles are launches, we'll be fine.

Now, in the case that a Nuclear War is started, we'll have more than plenty of missiles to fire at them, but the thing is how many will we fire?

If we fire too many at once, to much debree will be knocked into the air, and that'll send us to a quick ice age.
Tsybil wrote:You kitty, have a job waiting at the Bush White house. This is just the sort of easy answers they love. And just the type that got us into Iraq.
I don't know if I should take that as a compliment, or as any other sort of comment.

But, in reality, I just don't like the idea that Iran and N. Korea have crazy dictators, that at any moment, can decide to launch a [nuclear] Missile at us, but I'm not too worried.

N. Korea can only shoot as far as the Pacific Ocean (And Japan if they seriously wanted to), while I'm very unsure of Iran, but they pretty much sit on the other side of the world, which would take alot of manpower just to get overseas.

I'm not a humanitarian. I just want follow the old method of CYA. Cover your ass.

Edit: I think we might we going a bit to far for this.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

FYI- the US policy on use of nuclear weapons is only as a last resort. The President can't just order it to be done. I can't remember the policy name off hand but its basically:

Chemical weapons- no first use.

Biological weapons- never

Nuclear weapons- only as a last resort.

Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Fiye wrote:
Tsybil wrote:You kitty, have a job waiting at the Bush White house. This is just the sort of easy answers they love. And just the type that got us into Iraq.
I don't know if I should take that as a compliment, or as any other sort of comment.
Please take it whichever way makes you feel best about it.
Fiye wrote:But, in reality, I just don't like the idea that Iran and N. Korea have crazy dictators, that at any moment, can decide to launch a [nuclear] Missile at us, but I'm not too worried.

N. Korea can only shoot as far as the Pacific Ocean (And Japan if they seriously wanted to), while I'm very unsure of Iran, but they pretty much sit on the other side of the world, which would take a lot of manpower just to get overseas.
We have a crazy administration, about even I think.

North Korea cannot reach us, and Iran can barely reach Israel. If Iran launches nuclear missiles at anyone, it will not be at us. N. Korea's nukes are holding S. Korea hostage, but their army has been doing that for decades.

The missile technology of the Arab states comes from 80s USSR tech and N. Korea. It was propagated by our loyal allies in Pakistan who traded old Soviet nuclear tech to N. Korea for it.

As far as anything on the other side of the world goes, I knew people who, before we invaded Iraq, were convinced Sadam was going to have landing craft disgorging troops in Puget Sound.

I fear not the crazy dictators, nor the crazy administration, but I do fear the lies that our "liberal" media so easily propagates.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Oh yes, they have fooled my opinions more once thanks to good wording. It was like a race vs Russia in rocket cars.

USA placed First, Russia last, in a race between only those two, but they can do anything to make it look like we lost.

First of all, don't say how many people comitted to the race. Then, use different wordings.

USA placed second to last, while Russia ot second place.

Makes us sound as if we lost to them, don't it?
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Fiye wrote:All in all, as long as Nuclear Missiles are launches, we'll be fine.

Now, in the case that a Nuclear War is started, we'll have more than plenty of missiles to fire at them, but the thing is how many will we fire?

If we fire too many at once, to much debree will be knocked into the air, and that'll send us to a quick ice age.
This is the most frightening statement I believe I have ever heard on these forums.

I was in the military as many here know, my Job was working on said weapons. Missiles, Bombs, It really does not matter. If these weapons are used the whole world will pay the price. I do not think you quite understand just how different today's weapons are from the ones that hit Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Let me put this in perspective for you, Those devastating strikes are on par with a Black cat fire cracker compared to 200 pounds of c4. If those kinds of crackpots get their hands on that kind of destructive power, it really does not matter where they detonate, It WILL have Devastating world wide impact.

NEVER EVER take nuclear weapons and the potential use of them lightly. They CANNOT be used by Any country under ANY circumstances Ever.....
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Tivia wrote:NEVER EVER take nuclear weapons and the potential use of them lightly. They CANNOT be used by Any country under ANY circumstances Ever.....
Our government is currently developing rules of engagement for tactical nukes in the 20 - 50 Kiloton range. Weren't the fat man and the little boy ~ 20 - 30 Kilotons?

We are now building "Bunker Buster" tac nukes. I do not know their Kilotonage but I figure those are the 50 kt ones.

And Nancy, queen of the Democrat's house has stated "Impeachment is off the table". :roll: :roll: :roll:

To our overseas kitties who might be wondering about American politics, we have two problems. The head of state and the head of government are the same person. We have no opposition party. Ever. The President can always wrap himself in the flag identifying with the country exactly as a crowned head of state can.

There is no way to say "The prime minister should be taken out and hung, but God save the Queen" in America.

Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

21kt to be exact,

However as to the idea, it is pretty much the single most absurd notion ever considered. 21kt, 21MT....once you start using them a Door is opened that cannot be shut.

Having close contact with them, I honestly hope they realize how utterly and completely foolish it would be to play with that kind of power.

Regretfully it brings to mind a specific statement.

Lord Acton 1887. Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

This is what we call an absolute and universal truth.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

I know, they have a very devastating impact now. Not to mention how inhabital the place will be for many years to come.

My whole thing is, when I hear that a bomb is headed my way, to Las Vegas, I will get down on my knees and pray to god that my death be as quick as possible.

But, I know a Nuclear missile would trigger many after effects. It'd cause quite a bit of chaos, send out economy to sh*t, and chances were there would be an exchange of quite a few missiles, which would launch quite alot of debree into the air, forcing the world to go into a temporary ice age. Thus weeding out the human population.

I'm not a humanitarian. My whole beleif is I'll live how I wish to live, and let the world do what it wants. I can't do anything to stop it, and all we're doing is feeding it. We may not know it, but to some, the mere existance of America is quite hates. Take the example of some of our WW2/Cold War propaganda.

But, either way, these are my last words on my thread. My ideas are rather something that perhaps only I will understand.

Either way, take care.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Actually No. If North Korea is attacked it will be because China has enlisted the aid of the United States. Still don't believe me? Well lets take a walk through history. Korean War, China has always been North Korea's Ally. But this nuclear program of theirs is threating China's security and domination of the Asian continent (Or what they hope to dominate.) China believes that North Korea needs to disarm and has constantly asked not just North Korea to do it, but Has asked the United Nations for Help and has actually signed a peace treaty with the US, asking that if North Korea gets worse, if we would aid them in stopping a mutual enemy.

Now lets face it, China is getting screwed over by North Korea. If your best ally screwed you over, I highly doubt you'd defend them if they got attacked. North Korea thinks they can rule the world, Kim's a whiny baby, And China's borders are threatened because of the nuclear testing. Do you seriously think China has ANY love left for a country that wont disarm and is standing in their way of trying to take over the world? I seriously don't.