Update Galore 12/18/2006

A place to talk about... anything!
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Update Galore 12/18/2006

Post by Shirai »

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/update/ff ... etail.html

Alas, the rewards obtainable by Salvage remain a secret.
I hope to find out more soon.

Changes to Besieged

Players can now earn limit points by participating in Besieged.

When players are transported out of Al Zahbi due to player number restrictions, all HP-draining status effects will be removed.

An issue where, under rare circumstances, players who were KO’d during a siege of Al Zahbi lost experience points has been addressed.

Mog Locker capacity has been increased to 70 items.

YAY!!!

Job related
The following paladin abilities/traits have been adjusted:

Sentinel
The effect of Sentinel will be changed from an increase in defense to straight damage mitigation.
Also, all actions taken while Sentinel is in effect will generate additional enmity, allowing the paladin to more easily gain and maintain an enemy’s attention.

Rampart
In addition to the defense bonus granted to party members within the area of effect, Rampart will now also provide a “Magic Shield” that will absorb a certain amount of magic damage in the same manner as the spell “Stoneskin.”

Shield Mastery
In addition to granting a TP bonus, the Shield Mastery job trait will also prevent interruption to spell casting when an enemy’s attack is blocked with a shield.

The casting time for all Absorb spells has been reduced from four seconds to two.

Blue Magic

Several new spells have been added, as well as the corresponding terms for the auto translate dictionary.

The following spells have been adjusted:
*The recast time for Filamented Hold and Chaotic Eye have been reduced
*The recast/casting time for Infrasonics has been reduced
*The recast time and MP required for casting Frightful Roar has been reduced.

Corsair Adjustments

A new job trait "Rapid Shot" has been added.

Quick Draw Accuracy
A corsair’s AGI will now affect the accuracy of Quick Draw. This will make it possible to improve the accuracy of Quick Draw by increasing the relevant attributes.

Quick Draw Recast Time
The recast time for Quick Draw will be reduced from 3 minutes to 1 minute.
In accordance with this change, the Group 1 merit point ability Quick Draw Recast will now reduce recast time by 2 seconds instead of 6 seconds.

Light Shot and Dark Shot
Light Shot and Dark Shot will be changed to have the following enfeebling effects instead of inflicting damage:

Light Shot: Sleep
Dark Shot: Dispel

*The Quick Draw additional effect of increasing the potency of enfeebling effects will remain unchanged.

image Puppetmaster Adjustments

New high-level automaton weapon skills have been added.

New automaton attachments have been introduced.

New automaton emote motions have been added. An automaton will use these automatically when its master does.
/blush /bow /cheer/clap /dance /goodbye /hurray /joy /panic /point /salute /surprised and /wave

[System-Related]

Fellows will no longer disappear when changing areas or logging back in. However, a fellow cannot follow a player into an area where he/she cannot be called.

A new text command [/ignorepet] will also be introduced that will allow you to ignore the pets of others, including automatons, avatars, and charmed monsters.
The text command can be used in the following way:

/ignorepet: Displays current status when no subcommand is specified
/ignorepet on: Ignore pet targets
/ignorepet off: Allow pet targets

*While using [/ignorepet on], you will be unable to target others’ pets.
*You will always be able to target monsters’ pets, player character’s pets in PvP, and Fellows regardless of the ignorepet command.

The text command [/blockaid] will no longer turn off in the event a player has fallen in battle. Also, players will now be able to adjust the [/blockaid] settings while they are KO’d.

image The following language buttons have been added to the Language feature under Party in the main menu:
French/German/Other
In addition to J and E, F/G/? will now appear in the search window when a player is seeking a party.

*As you now can select multiple buttons, the [Bilingual] button has been removed.

The following button under the main menu option “Friend List” has been changed:
Accept & Add -> Accept

In areas where use of a support job is limited, players will no longer be able to take advantage of certain support jobs’ wide scan abilities.

An issue concerning the font color of the auction house listing of woozyshrooms has been fixed.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

Due to the extreme popularity of the kraken club and trouble arising as a result of a large number of players attempting to acquire the item, the monster that previously dropped the club (Lord of Onzozo) will do so no longer. A new method of obtaining the item is currently under consideration and will be implemented shortly. There are no plans on changing the drop rate of the item in question. However, the development team would like to grant players more opportunities to obtain it.

Please check back here for further updates on this issue.
I thought this one was rather interesting. Uh, honestly, who gives a damn about Kraken clubs? Everyone that is camping one just wants it for the gil. The actual uses for it are relatively small: DRK for 2H, wars without ridil, and RNG living in 2004. If they're going to do an "emergency fix" for something, why not do it for a critter that effects a huge number of people rather than just a very few? Like say, Ullikimi?
Vatrina
Tomcat

Post by Vatrina »

They tried to fix Ulli already...with limited success as it seems that the gil sellers botting and pos-hacking still get the claim 90% of the time; at least on my server. Still think they should just make all the sky NMs with the GPIs pop NMs like the Olla pots.
75 RNG elite 75 BLM 75 PLD 75 SMN
Windurst Rank 10
Bastok Rank 10
San d'Oria Rank 10
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

Yeah, everyone but SE thinks the same thing, too. SE responded to a question about spawning things with something to the effect of "we won't ever be changing spawn methods". EVERYONE wants to get rid of claim-racing and use spawned stuff. Not just for Uli, but for HNM, too. Just make the whole concept of a claim-bot pointless. 'Course there's a new hack out. RMT can now just ignore claims and voke your stuff directly to steal it. ; ;

BTW, the new armor set stats are out. They're pretty damn amazing for a lot of jobs. The NIN/MNK/SAM/PUP set has 8% haste, set bonus of "enhance haste", and TONS of +acc, +atk, and +eva with a nice dollop of str/dex/int, too. A NIN would never wear the new stuff over existing to tank -- you'd have to sacrifice 8% in haste and I doubt the new stuff will return that much with the set bonus. But some parts look damn nice all by themselves or for XP'ing.

Here's the kicker, though. It takes 10 Imp. Gold + 10 orichalcum ingots + 3 items from Salvage to make just one item (this was for the knight head). I expect other items to be priced similarly, though. O.Ingots run 200k/ea. on my server atm: ~2.2m + Salvage items for each upgrade at today's prices. I'm expecting component costs to skyrocket up to 1~2m/ea as the demand goes up, though.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

You guys might want to take a look at what Salvage drops can become...

They have just made most Abjuration gear obsolete >.>
Bitneko
Tomcat

Re: Update Galore 12/18/2006

Post by Bitneko »

Shirai wrote:Puppetmaster Adjustments

New high-level automaton weapon skills have been added.

New automaton attachments have been introduced.

New automaton emote motions have been added. An automaton will use these automatically when its master does.
/blush /bow /cheer/clap /dance /goodbye /hurray /joy /panic /point /salute /surprised and /wave
Oh YES! :D

We got our emotes.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Okuza wrote:
Due to the extreme popularity of the kraken club and trouble arising as a result of a large number of players attempting to acquire the item, the monster that previously dropped the club (Lord of Onzozo) will do so no longer. A new method of obtaining the item is currently under consideration and will be implemented shortly. There are no plans on changing the drop rate of the item in question. However, the development team would like to grant players more opportunities to obtain it.

Please check back here for further updates on this issue.
I thought this one was rather interesting. Uh, honestly, who gives a damn about Kraken clubs? Everyone that is camping one just wants it for the gil. The actual uses for it are relatively small: DRK for 2H, wars without ridil, and RNG living in 2004. If they're going to do an "emergency fix" for something, why not do it for a critter that effects a huge number of people rather than just a very few? Like say, Ullikimi?
I dont use Ridil..... or kraken, cuz imo Kraken sucks against a joytoy or seiryu's blade.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o

Morrigan's set is just pure win for RDMs!!!!

oh, and the other two mages as well.

I guess.

'course, that's ignoring the Marduk set that whm/smn/brds get. :evil:

I really >hate< how the RDM job trait keeps getting put on gear the RDMs can't wear. Yea, thanks SE- just give away our only unique job trait to all the other mages. We appreciate it. Really. We do.

/rant

Anyway- I....might even start doing some Assaults for a chance to get the body, feet and leg Morri gear. Considering the price for the buyable items though, I'm gonna have to start saving my gilz first. :oops:
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

I have my mind set on the Marduk's Tiara and Legpiece.
It will take a while for me to get but eventually I will.
That gear is just... godly.
ScarlettPheonix wrote: 'course, that's ignoring the Marduk set that whm/smn/brds get. :evil:

I really >hate< how the RDM job trait keeps getting put on gear the RDMs can't wear. Yea, thanks SE- just give away our only unique job trait to all the other mages. We appreciate it. Really. We do.
Actually I'm pretty happy they do, it really makes a difference for a tank to be either killed mid cast or saved just in time by a Cure V that got off thanks to the fast cast.
an RDM will still outcast me on most things, the highest fast cast I can probably get is 1.5.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Edit: Thanks Shirai, seen them now :love:

At least some f*cking amazing stuff for DRG, can't believe my eyes :shock:

I'm happy for the PUPs and their emotes too :D
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Cure casting timers can be meritted down- so a meritted WHM can get off those emergencies cures pretty damned quick without needing any Fast Cast gear.

I honestly don't mind other mages getting access to Fast Cast+ gear- I object to RDMs not getting access to the same gear. We get our AF, AF2 and the Loquacious Earring- and the last two can be hard to get access to if your not into Dynamis or CoP related stuff.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

I'm ambivilant about the NIN set. It has a TON of great stats -- acc, atk, eva, ENMITY, str, dex, int, and even haste. BUT, you have to sacrifice 8% in haste gear to wear the full set and get the "enhances haste" set-bonus. So, I'm really unsure just how nice the set will be. I bet it will be really nice for XP'ing, but not so sure on tanking. -8% haste is a ton and really hard to do without. I *just* got an 8% boost (gloves and legs) and it made sky god tanking go from somewhat challeging to very easy. I still have space for another 4% from swift, too -- someday. ^^

I'll probably just aim at the feet. I'd be trading away 1% haste in return for 7acc, 7atk, and *5* enmity. Seems a decent trade for pretty much all situations. I'll likely pass on all the other items. Maybe just collect the parts and perhaps make stuff someday without any special urgency unless the set bonus fully covers haste losses elsewhere.

The good part about this for me is the increased interest in assaults. Maybe I'll be able to progress in rank without having to go to extreme lengths to organize an assault group.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Think you should aim to get the whole thing purely for the coolness factor :lol:
xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт