Leave it to SE....

A place to talk about... anything!
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Not quite, but bad enough.

A ls friend totalled up what he'd need to spend to get just the buyable items for the set he wants- its the nin one, can't think of the name- 75M in the current Remora market. I haven't added up what its going to cost me yet, but I know its going to take more gil then I have currently. /sigh

this was posted on the RDM alla forum about what is needed (in general):
Each "fully upgraded" piece requires 5 things:

3 "sub-pieces" that are rare/ex, equippable by the jobs that can use the final piece, and all drop from Salvage. No info yet as to which pieces drop from which zones yet of course.

1 stack of a high end crafted raw material. Examples are a stack of O. Ingots (goldsmithing), a stack of Imperial Wootz Ingots (smithing), a stack of bloodwood lumber (woodworking), a stack of Wamoura Cloth (clothcraft), and a stack of Marid Leather (leathercraft). Each skill required is over 75, with the highest being smithing 99 as the cap for the imperial wootz ingots.

10 Imperial Gold Coins.

As for rank required in the ToAU storyline/Assault, you only need to be beyond the Ashu Talif BCNM fight in the ToAU storyline. No required Rank in Assault. But I'm sure you'll progress nicely in Assault rank due to the fact that every person must have the pass which costs 2000 Assault points. You can use 2000 Assault points from ANY zone, but can't mix/match, as far as I understand.

Sure its daunting. But its a helluva lot better than spending 3 hours a day for months on end sitting around at a camp.

Well, on the bright side- high level crafting just got the boost it needed. :lol:
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Yeah I'm seriously thinking of leveling Leathercraft again :lol: Wootz Ingots and O. Ingots may be a loss to make but with it being wanted I think they'll probably up the price to at least cover the cost.

Logging for Bloodwood Lumber should bring in a nice amount of moneys now :D No chance you'll be able to get Wamoura Cacoon from the guild now :lol:

I think it works out the same for all the sets;

Head needs stack of O. Ingots,
Body needs stack of Imperial Wootz Ingots,
Hands need stack of Bloodwood Lumber,
Legs need stack of Wamoura Cloth,
Feet need stack of Marid Leather.

Looking at that I'd say going from cheapest to most expensive is; Feet < Hands < Legs < Head < Body.

Think I'd want the Ares head first and foremost though considering I'm still O-hatless :oops:
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Some people have done Salvage now, got all of one drop in the full alloted time *sigh* knew it was too good to be true, might as well just try for Pahluwan again :x
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Did they complete it? Fight the boss and everything?

I've been told its 6 floors + the Boss so its going to take awhile for players to get a true feel for this and be able to do "farming" runs. The 100mins and crippling effects don't help with speeding things along either.

To me this is no different then Dynamis really- there are times when an unbelievable amount of currency/relic gear drops- and then there are times when its like you're pulling teeth to just get beyond the first map square.
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I dunno, from what I saw they took 12 people in and said didn't kill everything but that's it.

I really hope it was a bad run 'cause if that's the norm then it's not worth the 2K AP, drop the AP requirement or turn it into IS.

BTW I've never seen more than 4 or 5 drops in Dynamis, that's still too low for everyone throwing away 2K AP :x
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

We had around 12 drops in our last Windy run; ~26 people. That was on the high side for us for drops especially with such a low headcount. Normally we don't get the higher drops unless we have ~36+. Usually it's 4~8 in a city; 2 in glacier, 3-4 in xarca.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

For me to consider the 2000 AP well spent at least a quarter of the alliance should come out with a drop, not 1/12.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Then don't do Salvage :P

I for one consider waiting 3 hrs for a @#%^ HNM to pop that we might get claim on to try and get an abjuration that might drop a waste and am very happy about Salvage.

I intend to get the craftable items and gold coins needed first before worrying about actually getting the Rare/ex items.

At current prices it'll cost me ~ 12M or so for the materials alone and considering the scarcity of Orich. Ingots, that's a low estimate on price. The way I figure it, concentrating on making gil and getting materials will also let me finish meritting RDM (need those ISP!!) and racking up Assault points along the way.

Should only take me...a year or so to do all this :lol:

Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

ScarlettPheonix wrote:Then don't do Salvage :P

I for one consider waiting 3 hrs for a @#%^ HNM to pop that we might get claim on to try and get an abjuration that might drop a waste and am very happy about Salvage.
That's the same way my Endgame linkshell thinks now after seeing the gear and necesities.
The new gear have almost as good or sometimes better stats then Abjuration gear.
It is a bit harder to obtain and at the same time a lot easier since you don't have to compete against other linkshells for a claim and don't have to wait until another group exits.
(Also after 8+ months of nearly daily camping HNM against 5+ other Linkshells and the RMT. Not a very fun way to spend ingame time to be honest.
Endgame Drama, been there, done that and I don't like how mature players turn into 4 year olds fighting over a piece of candy.)

Salvage events can be planned ahead, drops can be devided among members by several systems. (We use point auctioning)
Should only take me...a year or so to do all this :lol:
With a well organized group willing to do regular assault runs and regular Salvage runs it might not even take that long.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sakino
Big Cat

Post by Sakino »

ScarlettPheonix wrote:I for one consider waiting 3 hrs for a @#%^ HNM to pop that we might get claim on to try and get an abjuration that might drop a waste and am very happy about Salvage.
Hear, hear! :)
Ph33r th3 b4rd!

[img]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4166/131035531942hl.gif[/img]

"Wealth is an illusion, power is fleeting, but tuna... tuna is REAL!" - Brynmor of Phoenix
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

Shirai wrote:Endgame Drama, been there, done that and I don't like how mature players turn into 4 year olds fighting over a piece of candy.)
:rofl: sooooo true!!!

That's why Salvage interests me... I'm curious about the challenge over the gear right now... because I want to know how one beats it...
Once the holidyas are over, I plan to try to do more assaults so I can take a group in to try this out for fun & learning. :D
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

I have already seen some Salvage items of the type that remove Salvage restrictions for sale in a Bizarre.

Farming runs alone could be lucrative right now.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

*Looks at the potential for Ares gear to be good solo AND party gear for Drg.....* Excuse me, I had a mess in my pants, I'll be right back....
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Tsybil wrote:I have already seen some Salvage items of the type that remove Salvage restrictions for sale in a Bizarre.

Farming runs alone could be lucrative right now.
You know what the funny part is?
Don't buy them they are useless!

I'll quote SE:
[Imbued Items]

The Pathos of Alzadaal can only be neutralized with special potions and medicines known as “imbued items.” Most of these items are pathos-specific and will only cure one ailment. They can be found on monsters roaming throughout the remains.
One of the keys for success in the Salvage missions is determining in which order members of the alliance receive the imbued items.

*Players must dispose of any imbued items they bring back from the remains before they will be allowed to enter again.
Meaning if you have one on you you cannot enter.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Yep, was gonna point that out myself, but apparently Shirai got to it before I got home from work. :lol:
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Oh good people trying to rip people off already :lol:

I did Sky/Gods all of twice before deciding it was a waste of time and money.

Salvage may be a waste of AP but it may also be fun, however I don't want to do it with my endgame LS 'cause I know I'll get screwed on drops and my chat LS doesn't have enough 65+s :(

Once WAR hits 75 I'll start to worry about it I guess.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Leave it to SE....

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Leave it to SE....

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо