Our Personalities.

A place to talk about... anything!
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Our Personalities.

Post by Pheonixhawk »

In case you all haven't noticed. I have a Negative Personality. I believe that everything, that can go wrong, will more than likely go wrong. I tend to be a jerk to ppl even if I know them, every once in a while. Not to mention in game, if I don't wan't to know you, im even more of a jerk. However I have a soft spot for helping ppl. Why? I have no idea. If your feeling down ill tell you jokes. If your bored ill think of something fun to do. If you need gil and I can spare it ill "loan" it to you. If you need help camping a NM for a scroll you need badly, ill tag along. However if anyone im trying to help gives me the attitude or "I'm all that" I will turn on you so fast, you'll hate me. Can't stand those pesky self-confidence type pplz. :lol: I wonder how is it possible to be a nice guy, with such a negative personality? Maybe because I was raised away from ppl, or maybe because ppl make fun of how I am. *Apparently, it's odd for a black guy to not like rap, hate wearing baggy clothes, not smoke, not know how to dance, or talk with slang* But enough about me. I wanna know about you all. What is your personality like? What have you noticed about yourself when you play FFXI. I would like to get to know you all a bit better.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

The less you know about me, the better :lol:

Kidding. Me? I'm a clown. I learned at a young age that bullies have a hard time beating you up when they're on the ground laughing. I never was popular as a kid. Never knew why but I was the kid that got invited places (Birthday parties, etc.) because my parents talked to the parents of other kids and their parents forced them to invite me. I guess that's why I always feel so bad when I have to ask others for help.

As I got older I became popular with the ladies and I used that to my advantage. Never have had many male friends but I do have a lot of female friends and weirdly, I have a harder time talking to men than I do women. Mainly because most men just want to talk about how high on the "I wanna hit that ass" scale a woman rates or about the score of some sports game.

I talk about drinking a lot but I'm not really an alcoholic. I just really like alcohol and consider myself a connoisseur of spirits. Pepperoni and mushroom pizza with a ice cold pitcher of beer is heaven for me. Add in some good friends and that's seventh heaven. I hate wine, though. Maybe its the people that drink it more than the beverage itself. A cold six-pack and a hot redhead is all I need to be happy.

Also, I like to freak out my few male friends by starting conversations about the hottest male actors. Like most men, they're deathly homophobic and they hate it when I talk about how Jude Law is the only man I'd honestly go gay for. :lol:
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

You know that saying, "The Apple Never Falls Far From The Tree?" That's Me. Seriously. It somehow missed my brother and hit me in the head. Becuase everything traditional a girl like me should be, I spit on. Seriously, when you get moved around everyso often becuase of the military you learn that gender has no place on rough and ready.

I do what I want and I dont care if girls shouldn't "do" it or not. I laugh at some of my female friends who insist on playing touch football. I dont, Full contact baby. Full contact. I've seen boys cry when a paintball hits them, Me? meh shrug it off and keep moving your dead where you stand, so to speak.

If history or society says Girls cant do what boys do, That's what I do. To Hell with society. This is ANARCHY! In anarchy I do what I want, When I want. And If boys dont like that, well TS. I'm still a martial artist and I'm still a Kickboxer and I have no problem making boys cry heh.

oh ya somewhere in there is a refreance to me perfering to be goth and smacking the first person who calls us emo when we're totally 2 diffrent things.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Re: Our Personalities.

Post by Tivia »

Pheonixhawk wrote: I wonder how is it possible to be a nice guy, with such a negative personality?

You are who you are, I have tried changing this aspect of myself for years, I finally realized it is impossible to change that which you are by nature.

Maybe because I was raised away from ppl, or maybe because ppl make fun of how I am. *Apparently, it's odd for a black guy to not like rap, hate wearing baggy clothes, not smoke, not know how to dance, or talk with slang* But enough about me.

Those who do not like you for who you are are generally not worth your time. Self perception is far more important then the perception of others.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Keavy wrote:As I got older I became popular with the ladies and I used that to my advantage. Never have had many male friends but I do have a lot of female friends and weirdly, I have a harder time talking to men than I do women.
Bastard :lol:
Ka-chan wrote:I've seen boys cry when a paintball hits them
Pussies :lol:
If history or society says Girls cant do what boys do, That's what I do.
You can't pee standing up! :lol:
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

My friend Sandra can. Its one of those things you have to see but it is possible.

Long story short, we were at a party, we were all drunk, and the owner of the house spent the next day cleaning his living room carpet.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Sugami wrote:
If history or society says Girls cant do what boys do, That's what I do.
You can't pee standing up! :lol:
I have known several girls who could do that and hit the pot every time.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

actually in the military chicks have learned to pee standing up, it takes major practice but me :lol:
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Fine take that away from us too :lol:

Actually I remember seeing something that women can buy that allows them to pee standing up with "relative ease" :lol:
Vatrina
Tomcat

Post by Vatrina »

Back on topic....I'm 5'4" with long brown hair.....wait, you said personalities....oops. *blushes and starts over*

I guess the word that best describes me is "playful." I'm a flirt...a big one. I love teasing people. I love sarcasm too. I keep trying to tell myself to stay shy but if you come to carby and talk to some of the kitties there you'll find out how shy I really am.

On the downside I'm negative almost to a fault. I never expect anything from anyone so I can never be disappointed and hurt. Had enough of that in my life but that's another very long and very dark story so we'll avoid it. The problem with being negative is I end up bored a lot. Always end up listening to crickets when I ask for help so I don't. Don't get me wrong, just cuz I don't get help doesn't mean I don't offer it. I help as many people as I can, my xp be damned. Dying on the game is a hobby of mine...odd one I know, but it kinda stems from that long dark story I mentioned above.

So yeah. That's me I guess. The feisty, frisky Carby kitty.
75 RNG elite 75 BLM 75 PLD 75 SMN
Windurst Rank 10
Bastok Rank 10
San d'Oria Rank 10
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Should I respond? .... >.>; I always feel somewhat like a lurker with a bad attitude. I mean, yeah, post count is 900+. But I feel like all I do around here is constructively snipe. Anyways, I'll give it a whirl. This thread is about personality. Well, I believe my personality is most evident by my recent history combined with the tone of my posts.

Call me a pussy or whatever you want, but it's always felt to me like life snuck up on me too fast. I mean, in my mind I have a horribly submissve bent. I just want to curl up back in the arms of someone, even though since I'm the guy sterotypes say I'm the one who has to come charging forth in shining armor to save the damsel.

I went to a private kindergarden, gradeschool (1-5) and was homeschooled( 6-8 ) a bit too. Mostly I was homeschooled because I was...hmm...never accpeted I guess. I was always being picked on, never fit in. Ended up getting into fights once a week at the end there. I was the kid that was so bad at sports I just sat under a tree trying to read, while being heckled by everyone else.

Then I decided I needed to somewhat come out of my shell and try Highschool. Hurray! There were other geeks like me. That went well and good, but that came and went. I was the kid who tested really well. (ACT Composite of 29. I like my 28 in Math and my 35 in Science, but my 22 in English dragged it down.) I hated homework though. Not because I couldn't do it, but because it was boring, so I didn't. Let's just say I got into my two-year local college on my test scores alone, I nearly failed out of high school.

Well, I slacked off a bit in college, but didn't do too bad. (Was, and am still aiming for Physics/Mechanical Engieering.) But then I got kicked in the nuts. My mother died of very sudden cancer. It took me a while to let it fully sink in. I was already somewhat depressed, but I guess that made me alot more so. I never talked about my personal feelings to anyone, not even my own parents. I withdrew and re-applied for college 3 times, dropping out each time, before I just gave up and took a full time minimum wage job while I sorted things out.

Then, my dad hooked up with the woman I knew he'd been cheating on my mom with for 2 years. (Long story, I found his e-mails.) She moved from California to St.Louis to be with my dad. And since I know my dad loved my mom, I have no problem with him wanting to not be totally depressed now that she's gone.

Next, my dad's job (Which has something to do with the installation and troubleshooting of a financial OS type program called Oracle.) Dried up, and he had to find a new job. Ooops, only position open that pays what he needs is in Virgina Beach. >.> So after brief discussion. (Theresa, my step mom, made it quietly clear that my brother and I were not wanted.) The house here was sold back in March '06, and I've been living in first one friend's basement, now another. In Spring, I'm giving College a shot again now that I feel it's my choice and not my dad pushing me.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Kessa
Housecat

Post by Kessa »

Well I am a Sgt of Marines, and the defines my persona pretty well. Since there are only 23 other Marines that have the qualifications to do my job it makes me alittle arrogant.

For the most part I am overly nice that goes out of the way to help people get though things. However I have no sympathy for anyone, and I cant stand people that complain constantly about their situation in life. I dont understand why they cant suck it up and move on >.> so that makes me callous and blunt.

I think civilians are overly lazy, and I never want to be one again >.>
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Shinrasin/Signature/The-Master-Thief.png[/img]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

but ya before Sug distracted me I was going to post a bit more

Im into everything extreme, skateboarding, inline blading, snowboarding, street racing, legal and ilegal. I like to have fun period. There isnt much I wont try to do, here's some information I know you all dont know about me becuase I just got it this summer.

I'm a certified fresh water diver. I got my license through a Chicago Police Marine Unit training program for civilians. In conjucntion with the Coast guard hehe.

Music is something most people have a hard time writing. Me, I just write. let the words flow. I have binders of songs that never made it. i just write. let everything out. just ..... write. I guess. some stuff I never finish, some I do. Need For Speed: Fusion. A fan fic I wrote when I thought about how I got into cars and racing, Rated R for Retarded, but seriously, I'll post it soon.

It takes a lot to make me angry. Sometimes my b/f does it to drive me to the brink of madness becuase i hold it all in. but meh. Do i think love is the mushiest thing around. oh you bet your arse. But Maybe I'll let my guard down for the one I love. or shoot him in the butt with a paintball.

and before anyone starts playing or sending me xmas cards.... as my patch on my bookbag says, "Bite My Holly Jolly Arse."
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Kessa wrote: I think civilians are overly lazy, and I never want to be one again >.>
Guess im not the only one. :lol:
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Pheonixhawk wrote:
Kessa wrote: I think civilians are overly lazy, and I never want to be one again >.>
Guess im not the only one. :lol:
I have to agree with you there. Darn athsma, my life would be set If I could get into marine corps reserves, Kessa you're gonna love this, I failed the phsyical to get INTO the reserves :O
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:but ya before Sug distracted me I was going to post a bit more
Me for the win! :lol:
Vatrina wrote:I keep trying to tell myself to stay shy but if you come to carby and talk to some of the kitties there you'll find out how shy I really am.
Shyness sucks. Take it from me; you don't want to be shy :oops:
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Nothing wrong with being shy. I think shyness is positively cute. :lol:
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Maybe in girls but it's got me nowhere.
Vatrina
Tomcat

Post by Vatrina »

Sorry, bit of a misunderstanding there...shy was supposed to be in quotes...sarcasm and all that.

I am in no way shy lol. I will get quiet from time to time, but that doesn't mean I'm shy. Usually it means I'm depressed, but not always.

I'm always speaking my mind, always straightforward, never sugar-coating things. Maybe it's cuz that's how I grew up. The reality of life hit me hard and early, and I had to fight to simply survive. It wasn't pretty...but I am, and I have no problems flaunting it :wink:
75 RNG elite 75 BLM 75 PLD 75 SMN
Windurst Rank 10
Bastok Rank 10
San d'Oria Rank 10
xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт