Silly Drk

A place to talk about... anything!
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Silly Drk

Post by Pheonixhawk »

I probably should of Stopped when I had 300% TP.

I probably should of Stopped when I used Beserk.

I probably should of Stopped after using Last Resort.

I probably should of Stopped wen I used Soul Eater.

Andwhen You do all 4, and hit the mob for 212 dmg at lvl 33 you can say your prayers goodbye. :lol: Drk Death FTW!!

(3 Voke and the WHM spamming cure III could not save my arshe :lol: )
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

212 dmg? compared to my war's damage that's weak xD
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Turn Soul Eater, Last Resort and Berserk off numbnuts :lol:
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

loldeath
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Stockyboy
Big Cat

Post by Stockyboy »

loldrk
Mr. T pitties the fool, Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off, I /poke the fool.
Haubegeon: O
Hauberk: O
Drk75/War43/Nin60/Blm37/Thf37(DONE YES!)/Whm32/Drg22/Smn16/Rdm66/Bst18/Mnk10/Brd33/Pld11
All others not unlocked or not leveled ^^^
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c302/stockyboy/USSRallyourcookie-1.png[/img]
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

lol lol

He sounds like every DRK I've ever partied with. "Hey, look at all the damage I can do!" Five seconds later, DRK is laying on the ground.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Good Drk's can deal a shitload of damage, great ones can do so without being beaten down by the mob afterwards.

You can replace Drk in the above sentance with any melee, really.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.

Stockyboy
Big Cat

Post by Stockyboy »

Eviticus wrote:Good Drk's can deal a shitload of damage, great ones can do so without being beaten down by the mob afterwards.

My evasion has been capped since level 50. Does that make me a good Drk?
Mr. T pitties the fool, Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off, I /poke the fool.
Drk75/War43/Nin60/Blm37/Thf37(DONE YES!)/Whm32/Drg22/Smn16/Rdm66/Bst18/Mnk10/Brd33/Pld11
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c302/stockyboy/USSRallyourcookie-1.png[/img]
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

How many times did you have to bite the dust for that?
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Stockyboy wrote:My evasion has been capped since level 50. Does that make me a good Drk?
Shirai wrote:How many times did you have to bite the dust for that?
My PLD's Evasion was capped at every level too. And I usually bit the dust a few times per level. :rofl:
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Eviticus wrote:Good Drk's can deal a shitload of damage, great ones can do so without being beaten down by the mob afterwards.

Not quite. Most melees only have Berserk to lower Def. DRKs have so many ways to lower Def. With Soul Eater, Last Resort and Berserk all on, gobbies don't need the bomb to take a DRK out, all they need to do is sneeze.
Kintrra wrote:My PLD's Evasion was capped at every level too. And I usually bit the dust a few times per level.
:?: I thought PLDs had the evasion of a tree. Maybe because I play PLD as an Elvaan. Perhaps a Mithra PLD has the evasion of a brick, that would be an improvement.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Believe it or not, that was the first time ive died from it. (And it wasnt' the first time Ive done it) Secondly, It only did 212 dmg, because slice is a super weak ws. Btw Karu what lvl is your war anyways? Bet it higher than my Drk, cause so far I can out DD any war in my party that iv'e come across. I can't stack Souleater with Nightmare Scythe of Shadow of Death. Has to be a pysical move. But it wasnt the 212 spike dmg that pulled so much hate. It was me not turning souleater off, or Berserk, and hitting it normally for 112 dmg 3 more times afterward :lol:

P.S. Sugami, normally I never leave souleater on, but I was always curious as to what would happen :P
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Bitneko
Tomcat

Post by Bitneko »

Lucky people, being able to do that much damage. Highest I ever did was 147 on an IT Crawler with backhand blow.

Comes with being DoT I guess . :lol:
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Tsybil wrote: :?: I thought PLDs had the evasion of a tree. Maybe because I play PLD as an Elvaan. Perhaps a Mithra PLD has the evasion of a brick, that would be an improvement.
Well, the trick there lies in the fact that you can skill up Evasion as long as you're being swung at. Hit or no hit is possible to skill evasion. So if you're a good tank, you'll cap it one way or another. :lol: Well, as long as you're in the right area for your skill level on evasion. :oops:
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Stockyboy
Big Cat

Post by Stockyboy »

Shirai wrote:How many times did you have to bite the dust for that?
Enough. But my capped evasion has helped a bunch soloing EPs for skill ups.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Pheonixhawk wrote:Btw Karu what lvl is your war anyways? Bet it higher than my Drk, cause so far I can out DD any war in my party that iv'e come across.
Crappy poser WARs, seriously at that level there should be barely anything in it.
Once the WAR gets Aggressor they'll be doing more than you but only due to missing less (unless you always fight weak mobs that are easy to hit) :lol:
P.S. Sugami, normally I never leave souleater on, but I was always curious as to what would happen :P
Besides the increased damage Souleater practically has Provoke built into it, though I don't know the specifics I get the feeling the longer you keep it on the more hate it'll pull.
Stockyboy wrote:My evasion has been capped since level 50. Does that make me a good Drk?
Was DRG that capped my evasion, was always lagging when I was leveling NIN for some funny reason :lol:
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

I get good evasion skillups if I try to save the DRK's like Pheonixhawk. :lol:
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

You know this inspires an interesting question concerning DRK.

I do not know much about the job other then every single one I ever grouped with was a tard, but what level is Soul eater? If it has that much hate associated with it can drk make a good sub for a War wanting to keep absolute hate? Was rather curious about that after reading about how much aggro it seems to pull.
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Souleater is a lvl 30 job ability. It drain's 10% of your HP, and gives it to your next attack. Souleater itself count's as a provoke. But that's not what gives you the hate. For example:

(in Garliage Citiadel last night)

Pld was hitting the Siege bat for 10-16 dmg.
The war with the Great Axe was hitting for 36-49 dmg
Nin was hitting for gimpy 5-11 dmg
whm was curing
Drk (myself) was hitting for 67-101 dmg
Drg was hitting for 27-36 dmg

Now the Pld is already fighting for hate that can be lost by a single provoke, however If I use soul eater thats one provoke...+ 10% dmg increase. Meaning instead of doing 67 dmg and crit for 101 dmg. I was hitting for 73 - 110 dmg with normal and crit strikes. Now imagine me using a WS just as I use Souleater which can easily (depending on TP) can put me at 189 dmg+ Thats a whole lot of hate. Not to mention, everytime you hit the mob, it is draining 10% of your current hp (So no souleater will not kill you) and then the IT mob is smacking you with all its might. And it really sucks if you have beserk and last resort on, because then, your getting hit for an additional 30-50 dmg.

That is why Souleater is such a dangerous move to use. Almost not worth having, but at the same time, it has saved myself and my parties a couple of times in the past.

(Oh and PS. I did 192 dmg with drk using slice + souleater + beserk + last resort, along with +12 STR. Now imagine adding Sneak Attack into the mix? :lol: )
Last edited by Pheonixhawk on Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Souleater will come in handy later. From what I hear in later levels its totally worth it for the better WS.
Stockyboy
Big Cat

Post by Stockyboy »

SE+SA+Spinning Slash can break the 1.5k mark easily.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

What was that DRG using? A Lv1 polearm? Against bats he has the advantage and should be matching your Scythe damage at the very least.

Soul Eater is gimped as a sub, damage wise at least. WAR has Provoke and Warcry as far as hate tools goes, their damage also helps them keep hate if they really wanted.

I read somewhere about a Galka WAR/MNK who only used Great Axe all the way to 75 and tanked for quite a lot of it too, think it'd probably be too hard for Mithra and Taru to do though :lol:
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Mmmm, maybe. As a Drg even against flying mobs, I wouldn't expect one of my melee hits to out damage a Drk. However, combine the fact I'm faster, probably more accurate, my Wyvern keeps building damage, and I have jumps? I'd be a shitty Drg if I didn't out damage the Drk in the end.

This is on a flying mob, of course, just stating.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Well~ if you're going /WAR and have Berserk up a lot and the DRK likes to /THF your standard damage will be almost identical.

It shouldn't have been as low as PheonixHawk stated though :?
Chaoskitten21
Feral Cat

Post by Chaoskitten21 »

any drk worth his/her scythe knows that souleater is best saved for when using weaponskills.for example i normally use souleater+last resort+berserk+vorpal scythe,then after i hit i switch em off before i hit again or the mob can hit me.against IT colibris i can,depending on luck,do an average of around 200-250 damage against IT colibri.note i said luck,vorpal scythe,like other WS similar to it,has a chance to deal critical damage.i once did over 500 damage to a IT robber crab with high defense in kuftal tunnel.never done that much damage since lol
Something wicked this way comes!
Mithra Dark Knight of MithraPride Phoenix Division
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img414.imageshack.us/img414/3020/chaoskitten19no.jpg[/img][/url]
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Colibri=lolSlashing. >.>

Times like that I wanna see them make a spikey scythe, just to see what kind of damage a Drk WS with the piercing bonus can get on one of those.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Sugami wrote:Well~ if you're going /WAR and have Berserk up a lot and the DRK likes to /THF your standard damage will be almost identical.

It shouldn't have been as low as PheonixHawk stated though :?
The dmg is coming from a drg two lvl's lower, plus that was the dmg without crit's included, and without his wyvern dmg. So no, im pretty right on about the numbers. I believe everyone wasnt doing potential dmg in Garbage Sh*tadel when they were lvl 31-32. But after lvl 33 they got way easier. lol. None the less, lvl 41 Dark Knight now. When do learn a new WS ><

Normally I only use Beserk, Last- Resort, and Souleater when I have TP for a weapon skill. Then I immediately take it off so I don't die. But like I said, I was just curious to see what happened if I had left it on.

(P.S I don't think that Drg was using food. I however was using Meat Mithkabobs.)
Last edited by Pheonixhawk on Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Pheonixhawk wrote: The dmg is coming from a drg two lvl's lower, plus that was the dmg without crit's included, and without his wyvern dmg. So no, im pretty right on about the numbers. I believe everyone wasnt doing potential dmg in Garbage Sh*tadel when they were lvl 31-32. But after lvl 33 they got way easier. lol. None the less, lvl 41 Dark Knight now. When do learn a new WS ><

Normally I only use Beserk, Last- Resort, and Souleater when I have TP for a weapon skill. Then I immediately take it off so I don't die. But like I said, I was just curious to see what happened if I had left it on.

(P.S I don't think that Drg was using food. I however was using Meat Mithkabobs.)
Citadel = bats, bats have a natural weakness to piercing so I'm not surprised that he outdamaged you.
Rangers, Thiefs and Dragoons rip those to pieces.
Moving on to beetles you'd both probably do the same.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Pheonixhawk wrote:(P.S I don't think that Drg was using food. I however was using Meat Mithkabobs.)
That'd explain it then :lol: Attack food vs No food hmm~
Shirai wrote:Citadel = bats, bats have a natural weakness to piercing so I'm not surprised that he outdamaged you.
Rangers, Thiefs and Dragoons rip those to pieces.
He was saying he was out-damaging everyone else, not the other way around :lol:

Speaking of lolDRKs, DRK in party yesterday was omgsuck. I didn't realise it at first but he was using no JAs (Soul Eater, Last Resort, Berserk) and the only magic I saw him use was Stun :oops:
His gear seemed okay (though I didn't examine him) and he was using a Great Sword, always did Frostbite or Freezebite (forget which one), think Power Slash or Hard Slash is better :oops: Not even sure if he was using food :oops:
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

[quote="Pheonixhawk(P.S I don't think that Drg was using food. I however was using Meat Mithkabobs.)[/quote]

Try Rice Dumplings sometime.

Meat Mithkabob:
Strength +5
Agility +1
Intelligence -2
Attack +22% (Cap: 60@272 Base Attack)

Rice Dumpling:
HP +17
Strength +3
Vitality +2
Agility +1
Attack +20% (Cap: 45@225 Base Attack)
Ranged Attack +30% (Cap: 45@150 Base Ranged Attack)
HP Regeneration While Healing +2
MP Regeneration While Healing +2
Accuracy +5
Resist Paralyze
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.