Frustration ::rant::

A place to talk about... anything!
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Frustration ::rant::

Post by Pheonixhawk »

I cant believe it. I take one month off from Final Fantasy and everyone and thier mothers are higher lvl than me now. I mean at first I tried to ignore it but COME ON. Youre telling me all these friggin rdm's beat maat and got lvl 75 and got all thier merit points within a month?? And Last I saw, they were all under lvl 60. WTF!!

Do they not have a life or what? Not to mention im stuck on Promy's because my ls sucks and can't complete them. In fact no party that I have been in can complete them. Im just stuck there. And EVERYONE wants to do ZM5. Not 4 where im stuck in. Apparently everyone has done 4 already. Items i put on the AH arent selling at all for some odd reason (I even got stupid, and set the price at 1g)

I just can't belive my crap luck. So I decided to go lvl up Nin in Quifim Island before I take my Rdm and Start MPK'ing Noobs outta pure anger >< grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Last edited by Pheonixhawk on Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

They used a website that logs into your account and "Powerlevels" for you. you give them your account, password, 15million in gil, and they powerlevel you on everything from levels to item drops to maat >.>;

its my guess only
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

15 millions gil!!! :shock: Hell for that price id rather just play by myself and lvl up nin, rng, thf, and any other gil costig job.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

it gets worse (better) you have to PAY real money for the service and supply the gil for armor food weapons tools etc.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

60->75 is a bit more than half of the way to 75, iirc. Roughly 800k XP to 75, about 400k to reach 60. If you average 6k/h, you can do 60->75 in ~67H -- or call it two weeks of XP'ing roughly 5H a day. You probably won't average 6k/H at the lower end of the level-spectrum, but once you get closer to 75 you'll probably do at least 6k/h even in a bad group.

A RDM can get a group by logging in and doing /anon off -- no need even to do /inv. If you play often -- not every day, but more than not -- and make a point of XP'ing every time you're online, 60-75 as RDM should be pretty easy to do in 30 days.

So, I don't think these folks bought any leveling. I think they just played the game and XP'd when they were online.

--

BTW, no comment on the difficulty finding people to help you out on missions and such. FFIX is nicely focused on group endeavors, but that's where it ends. They completely ignored implementing ANY UI tools at all that help people organize as groups. BIG failure there. ; ;
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

People got BLU and COR to 75 in a month, that's including all the outrighteous price rising from the sudden wash of people leveling the job. Not sure about BLU but most CORs that got to 75 stopped playing it now, light-weights :roll:

So yeah a RDM with no life can easily get from 50-75 within a month, they'll just be pretty gimpy and suck something fierce no doubt.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Yeah, why do you think I've been 4K into 60 for over a month now. I'm raising up some cash, capping skills, and acquiring some damn good gear so that when I make the run to 75 I can do it non-stop. Sure, there are WHM's in my LS that are way higher than me and were just starting their Teleport quests when I dinged 60 but you know what...In the end I won't be the one getting bitched at because my MP lasts until Chain #3 and it takes me 3-4 minutes to recover.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Gabryel
Tomcat

Post by Gabryel »

I don't really see how lvling fast makes the player bad or have crap gear/skills. When I lvld Rhydia's Whm for the current HNMls I was in at the time, it started at 37; 4 1/2 weeks later dinged 75, and had capable skills, all spells, and good gear to match (all obtained by myself with the exception of 2 pieces loaned from a friend).

Edit: Ok I guess there's always exceptions going onna case-by-case basis, but meh, I had fun doing it lol! ^^
Rhydia of Caitsith is back! 75WAR, WHM, SMN

"Death is not the end but a gateway to a new beginning."
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Generally for most jobs if someone rushes a job it'll mean one of two things.

1) Has gimpy gear.
2) Buys gil.

If it's their first "proper" job that is. Even a well off 75 will have to stop to farm/mine/synth/whatever along the way leveling from 1-75.

Gear aside a rushed job probably won't be able to pick up all the skills, tricks of the trade etc. and will just get by on the bare minimum e.g. BRD only doing ballad or RDM only doing Refresh or WAR not leveling Great Axe (poser) or MNK just being a MNK (poser again) or NIN only voking and using Utsusemi to keep hate (double poser)... sorry I'm not bashing at any jobs... much :oops:

As for new jobs where there was no guides or anything people just gimp it up horrible. COR more so than anything else. Doesn't take a rocket-scientist to realise CORs damage comes from their guns and not gimpy swords so why do I see COR/NINs dual wielding two swords? The same gimpos probably haven't experimented with all rolls with and without corresponding jobs in party and come to realise that job bonus means much more than a gimped Fighter's Roll :roll:

Gimpy CORs make Baby Jesus /cry :lol:

</rant> :lol:
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Sugami wrote:Generally for most jobs if someone rushes a job it'll mean one of two things.

1) Has gimpy gear.
2) Buys gil.

If it's their first "proper" job that is. Even a well off 75 will have to stop to farm/mine/synth/whatever along the way leveling from 1-75.

Gear aside a rushed job probably won't be able to pick up all the skills, tricks of the trade etc. and will just get by on the bare minimum e.g. BRD only doing ballad or RDM only doing Refresh or WAR not leveling Great Axe (poser) or MNK just being a MNK (poser again) or NIN only voking and using Utsusemi to keep hate (double poser)... sorry I'm not bashing at any jobs... much :oops:

As for new jobs where there was no guides or anything people just gimp it up horrible. COR more so than anything else. Doesn't take a rocket-scientist to realise CORs damage comes from their guns and not gimpy swords so why do I see COR/NINs dual wielding two swords? The same gimpos probably haven't experimented with all rolls with and without corresponding jobs in party and come to realise that job bonus means much more than a gimped Fighter's Roll :roll:

Gimpy CORs make Baby Jesus /cry :lol:

</rant> :lol:
I agree with you on the skills part- there are always skills that get left behind when you level quickly.

For RDM its generally Elemental, Dark and healing. I'm not counting Divine since we can only skill that up through use of sub-job spells and that's just magic skills too- a mage rushing through the levels won't have their weapons, evasion, parrying or shield skills levelled either.

Disagree on your comment about someone needing to buy gil or having gimpy gear to get through the levels quickly.

I know several people who made enough gil last holiday season and through out their original climb to 75 to be able to fund their 2nd, 3rd or even 4th job to 75 without needing to stop and do more then the occasional bcnm/ksnm; which are crap shoots anyway- there's no gaurantee you'll get a good drop.

My group of close friends in game also trade and lend each other gear for the needed levels, sometimes very high end stuff, without even blinking- if one of us needs/wants a pc of armor that someone isn't using its there for us to use, for however long we need it. Granted this is only possible with people you completely trust, but when you can- its great.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Sugami wrote:or NIN only voking and using Utsusemi to keep hate (double poser)
{/sigh}...no offense Sug, but do you even pay attention to jobs when you make comments like this? :lol: From about 65 up, those two actions are about the only things that do you any good as NIN. Well that and not being an idiot and tanking in Haubergeon and Evasion- gear. Since 69 or so, those two actions are all I've needed to hold hate. :rofl:
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

It's Sugami-day on the forums, it seems -- poor Sugi .. ^^
Sugami wrote:Even a well off 75 will have to stop to farm/mine/synth/whatever along the way leveling from 1-75.
Actually, there's really almost no need to "stop and gil-up" for most jobs. You just have to avoid the overpriced gil-traps when gearing. Some jobs are designed to be gil-sinks (NIN & RNG), but even those have options for reducing cost and still keeping performance within 10% of a top-geared player.

I leveled THF to 75, for instance, with very little pure-gil activities. I recall doing a couple of astral-ring camps to get something I wanted badly -- but iirc, it wasn't a *need* for play, just a want. I never really did any BCNM, but if you have a job that is good for that, BCs are a really great source of gil -- fun to do, too. You don't have to stop and farm for weeks, just do BCs when you have enough seals.
Wanta
Kitten

Post by Wanta »

Just what's the point of paying someone to level your character for you? I mean, if you hate playing FFXI that much, why not just quit the game?
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

I guess they think that if they have "Level 75" stenciled on their shirt, people will fail to notice the "???" floating over their heads.

OTH, here's an example where I could see buying a character or buying leveling. My dynamis shell lacks a glass-mule (a character to sit outside and give out glasses to late peeps). Supposing it was cheap and non-banable, I could easily see buying a level 70+ whm char or paying for the same. I have several comps -- could easily load ffxi on one and then port the whm around to act as a glass mule and potential r3'er if we wipe at the end. I have no desire to actually play another char to 75, but I could certainly use another.

A more common practice might be for an RMT'er to order up "a fresh batch of BLMs" to replace the last ones that were banned. The RMT on Bismarck seem to consist almost entirely of taru blms huddled around a galka pld. They usually have a taru whm along with them, too.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

We have a glass mule in my dynamis shell, Tevvyatvy (run by Tuimari)
Wanta
Kitten

Post by Wanta »

The cheapest deal to get to 70+ costs like 800 bucks.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

er.... why are we even looking at those sites again?
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:er.... why are we even looking at those sites again?
So we can {/point} and {/laugh} at the people who've used that, and if they ever admit to it, we can basically go "You paid $XX to pay someone else to level your job for you? XD"

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Kintrra wrote:
KarouKaniyashia wrote:er.... why are we even looking at those sites again?
So we can {/point} and {/laugh} at the people who've used that, and if they ever admit to it, we can basically go "You paid $XX to pay someone else to level your job for you? XD"
Seriously, that's just plain weird...

I can imagine a few people that have done it that way.
But those don't get my respect.
PH wrote:I cant believe it. I take one month off from Final Fantasy and everyone and thier mothers are higher lvl than me now. I mean at first I tried to ignore it but COME ON. Youre telling me all these friggin rdm's beat maat and got lvl 75 and got all thier merit points within a month?? And Last I saw, they were all under lvl 60. WTF!!

Do they not have a life or what? Not to mention im stuck on Promy's because my ls sucks and can't complete them. In fact no party that I have been in can complete them. Im just stuck there. And EVERYONE wants to do ZM5. Not 4 where im stuck in. Apparently everyone has done 4 already. Items i put on the AH arent selling at all for some odd reason (I even got stupid, and set the price at 1g)

I just can't belive my crap luck. So I decided to go lvl up Nin in Quifim Island before I take my Rdm and Start MPK'ing Noobs outta pure anger >< grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
A month's break can make a huge difference.
As some people might have suggested no there's no PL (payed for or not) needed for that.
You name RDM,
post 50 it is not hard for rdms to get invites, it's one of the most wanted jobs in a regular exp party.
And if you put your back in it you can get from 55 to 75 in a month time easy by only 2/3 hours exp per day depending on the right parties.
My first job took a year to level to 75, that's including offtime, farming for gear/spells/food, helping friends, doing ZMs etc.
At level 61 I took a huge break of almost 2 months to get some things sorted and after I went on a leveling spree.
I went from 61 to 70 in about 3 weeks.(Read this is with exping for only 2/3 hours a day.)
As you yourself might have noticed, your exp to next level grows but also the exp you can obtain per hour gets better after level 60 given the right setups.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Kintrra wrote:{/sigh}...no offense Sug, but do you even pay attention to jobs when you make comments like this? :lol: From about 65 up, those two actions are about the only things that do you any good as NIN. Well that and not being an idiot and tanking in Haubergeon and Evasion- gear. Since 69 or so, those two actions are all I've needed to hold hate. :rofl:
I'm well aware of how potent Jin is but there are 60 levels before you get it and I'd hazzard a guess (depending on what you're fighting) 65 levels before it starts being really quite decent. I did level NIN to 63. I still expect good NINs to use Blind and Slow ninjutsu all the way to 75.

Most jobs need expensive items; WAR/DRK/SAM without Hauby past 60 is gimp. DRG without Barone feet and pants past 70 is gimp. NIN and RNG (and now COR) obvious need lots of consumables. Any melee without sniper/woodsman/venerer x2 past 50 is gimp.
Only jobs I see getting away with it are mage ones, NQ staves cost a bit but not too much, other gear is pretty cheap unless you go HQ. SMN do need to spend time to get their avatars but they usually do that at the start. Pretty sure some Black Magic spells are worth quite a lot. Erase used to be worth a fair bit too.

Someone worked out (using current AH prices) that their cost in bullets to get COR to 75 was over 2mil, that's ignoring the 3mil Gun Belt and various other expensive COR items.

Maybe I've never been that well off but who starts a job with 5mil+ in the bank? I'd hazzard a guess at not very many.
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

You were gone for 1 month and you're suprised when you came back? Ouch. I haven't been able to play since August started, and won't be able to till January. I wonder what things will be like when I get back. (I really am looking forward to spending some time leveling up my 70Drg, and tinkering with Pup.)
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Sugami wrote:I still expect good NINs to use Blind and Slow ninjutsu all the way to 75.
{Um...} why? :? Half the time Hojo:Ni and Kurayami:Ni both get resisted, and that's wearing my AF2 boots. Only reason I don't throw my AF headpiece on for those is because I don't keep it with me most of the time. Great Ameretats out in Wajaom Woodlands, while we were camping for Jaded Jody, they resisted probably closer to 3/4 of the time. Ninjutsu gets less and less effective as you level up, and it's better just to leave the enfeebling to the RDM or other mages. I use them while soloing, but in a pt, they're just extra hate for when I need it. Throw on all my enmity+ gear, voke, toss both ninjutsu's, and switch back to DD gear if I'm needing hate fast (like to pull an accidentally -ga'd link off my BLM). Once I've got hate back, I switch back to tank/enmity gear (Yasha body/hands, and Arhat's legs) and proceed per normal from there.

Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

{Hmmm.}I rarely got resisted on Hojo or Blind even while leveling up. Morbol are weak to fire, so you should be able to stick both blind and slow at least 80% of the time without +ninjutsu gear.

The rough ones are strong to either earth (slow) or darkness (blind). If you really need to stick hojo (like to an HNM), first cast Raiton:Ni. That will lower it's earth resist. Then stick hojo. For XP things at 75, I pretty much expect blind and slow to land 100%. I do have +38 ninjtsu skill in items and merits, but that mostly just helps a lot on H/NM. Stuff stuck just fine to XP things even while leveling up.

BTW, depending on what's being killed, it often doesn't make sense to blind or slow at 75. Things die too fast. RDM should be doing DiaII first then slow -- with dispel at the highest priority if critter needs it. Anything more past dia & slow is a waste from rmd at 75. I usually keep both blind and slow in reserve at 75 to pull agro off the puller while I'm still tanking the current target. That way puller can sleep it unmolested.

'Course some pullers have a surfeit of confidence in my tanking ability and don't sleep it. That's when I wish mithra had two unique racial emotes, namely "lashes her tail furiously" and "kneads her claws into the nearest taru." ("purrs contentedly" would be nice, too, but isn't really germain to *this* topic :)).
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Im not lvl 75 yet, but usually I just go with the dia II/bio II, blind, slow, and paralyze combo. Sometimes If im bored and not wasting mana, ill cast other enfeebles just for skill ups.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Stockyboy
Big Cat

Post by Stockyboy »

Taru ftw, I can cast all enfeebs, haste refresh and cure and not be out of MP >_>;

I get to nuke, too! :P
Mr. T pitties the fool, Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off, I /poke the fool.
Haubegeon: O
Hauberk: O
Drk75/War43/Nin60/Blm37/Thf37(DONE YES!)/Whm32/Drg22/Smn16/Rdm66/Bst18/Mnk10/Brd33/Pld11
All others not unlocked or not leveled ^^^
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c302/stockyboy/USSRallyourcookie-1.png[/img]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I'd be very worried if those 4 enfeebles put a RDM out of MP :? It was usually the MBs that'd drop me low enough to Convert.

Okay so on mobs that die quickly at 75 enfeebles aren't so good, but that still leaves up to around Lv.73 they should be using them. Trolls, Mamools, Wyverns, Aberaxis, Rams... those are all pretty tough mobs at 75 I think should still be enfeebled.

I remember NINs landing Ninjutsu easier than my RDM was landing Enfeebles a few times. One Ninjutsu skill for everything, keeps it capped easily and enfeebles easy to land (though there's no reason a RDM's Enfeebling shouldn't be constantly capped).
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Pheonixhawk wrote:Im not lvl 75 yet, but usually I just go with the dia II/bio II, blind, slow, and paralyze combo. Sometimes If im bored and not wasting mana, ill cast other enfeebles just for skill ups.
At your level I cast 6 enfeebles on every mob, but I didn't have Cobris available.

Frost & Dia II, change into 6 pieces on MND+ gear then Paralyze & Slow, change into 6 pieces on INT+ gear then Gravity & Blind.

You cast enfeebles to help your party kill the mob quicker and to help the party avoid damage. Skill ups are a side effect.
Okuza wrote:I wish mithra had two unique racial emotes, namely "lashes her tail furiously" and "kneads her claws into the nearest taru." ("purrs contentedly" would be nice, too, but isn't really germain to *this* topic Smile).
/angry motion
/em lashes her tail furiously

/panic motion
/em kneads her claws into the nearest taru

No good /em for the last one, it would go well with Nana Mihngo's chin in paw pose and a big smile. I want her pose. Her bodice too, but that's anotherrr storrry.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sakino
Big Cat

Post by Sakino »

Tsybil wrote:No good /em for the last one, it would go well with Nana Mihngo's chin in paw pose and a big smile. I want her pose. Her bodice too, but that's anotherrr storrry.
"/think motion" is close to it.

I also use it to whisper to other people orrr use it to bite. >:3
Ph33r th3 b4rd!

[img]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4166/131035531942hl.gif[/img]

"Wealth is an illusion, power is fleeting, but tuna... tuna is REAL!" - Brynmor of Phoenix
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

Motions and text work for english players -- it would be nice to have some real emotes that worked with EN+JP.

I like this one:

/panic motion
/em messes up <t>'s hair.

Or if it's a Galka ..

/em braids <t>'s hair into pigtails.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Yeah I've seen the hair ruffle one :lol:

You missed the classics;

/welcome motion
/em huggles <t>.

/no motion
/em nuzzles <t>. (works great if you sit in a praying Mithra as you nuzzle their breasts :D)

And a few of my favourites

/panic motion
/em plays the piano.
/wait 1
/bow motion

/stagger motion
/em throws up on <t>'s shoes.

:D:D:D