An RMT Wiki, Japanese though

A place to talk about... anything!
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Keavy wrote:The thing about making the good stuff Rare/Ex is that it forces people to obtain that item just one way. Its like with Artifact Armor. I myself loved all the crap I had to go through to get it but there are some people that would rather just pay and get it. That would be a great gilsink. For like, 200K a piece you could get your AF. Don't feel like camping coffers or fighting an NM? Just buy your AF.
If SE did that, I still wouldnt have any AF. The RMT would camp the living sh*t outta the NM's thus ultimately scrweing everyone outta thier AF unless they wanna pay rediculously high gil. Not to mention if that were the case then why even buy it? It would just be another normal piece of gear on the market. And lastly, Ive seen an enfeebling torque that raises INT skill+ 2 for 5 FRIGGIN MILLION GIL. Now Imagine the Rdm AF Vest where it gives +15 Enfeebling skill :x
Last edited by Pheonixhawk on Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

Make the super expensive items that cost millions and millions of gile Rare / Ex
Unfortunately this simply doesn't work. It didn't work in EQ and it doesn't work in FFXI. RMT already sell ra/ex items. For example, if you want a Byako Haidate, you can camp the triggers yourself (good luck). Pay the RMT for the triggers and slay it yourself (rare drop & good luck on the lot). Or, you can pay the RMT directly and they'll kill Byako over and over while you're AFK and make the Haidate land on you -- for around $1000. I bet there are those that pay it, too. That's why Uli is so camped up. ><

No, what needs to be done is make it impossible to monopolize the game. Monopoly is what creates the frustration that drives players to buy gil or quit the game. Monopoly prevents anyone but a die-hard addict without a life from doing things in the end-game and having a life at the same time.

Right now, RMT has the most incentive to monopolize things; it not only drives up demand, but it supplies them with product to sell. If we get rid of RMT, someone else will just step in, though. FFXI end-game is designed specifically for a small group of dedicated people to control to the exclusion of the majority. ><
Kintrra wrote:Yeah, I have to admit I noticed that one, the JPs don't seem to put much thought or consideration into effect for NA shells when it comes to Dynamis scheduling. <.<;
Actually, that's not true. It's not the JP players fault -- or mostly not. I don't know if this is true or not, but I was informed that SE has an official FFXI forum that is JP-only. The JP post their schedules there and work out differences. NA can't access that forum. This is by SE design. NA work our their schedule issues on other forums. Bismarck works 'em out here Bismarck's Dynamis Schedule, for instance. That forum is open to JP, too, but it's run by NA in English, so it isnt' really very JP-friendly.

There are a couple die-hard groups of assholes -- both JP and NA -- that will just zip up and break glass right in front of a gathering group without making any attempt at all to work things out, but so far, those are mostly quite rare. They seem to fall apart quickly. My guess is they have a hard time getting along with themselves, too. ^~

I do the scheduling for my dynamis group. We've found for the most part that most JP and NA are very willing to work out scheduling issues -- will do /randoms and such if both are gathering for the same zone. It's still a royal pain to start setting up and then find out someone had entered 30m ago (and thus has 3H left inside) or to loose a random. Then your sched is broken and you have to seek an open dynamis, which might screw up others after you. It's just dumb. Instance the damn things and be done with it. It's not like instancing is at all dificult to do.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Keavy wrote:Don't feel like camping coffers or fighting an NM? Just buy your AF.
Well BLU, PUP and COR have to pay for 3 pieces of their AF. Wasn't very well thought out (again), BLUs ended up paying 2-3mil for one item needed for one of their pieces at first.

Incidentally the people that end up buying everything are the ones that usually buy gil :roll:
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

In general, having desired items that are buyable with gil from NPCs is good for a game economy. It keeps the economy gil-based. A lot of games in the past didn't do this and their currency is valueless -- everyone barters instead.

BTW, if that's true about the 2-3m cost for new-job AF1 -- that's just wrong. The nicest thing about AF1 for every single job is that it's FREE and they took that away from the new jobs!? SE just doesn't think things through.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

It was true when it they first came out- the prices have dropped significantly since then, although there is some fluxuation between servers.

If I get bored enough while waiting to pass out candy I'll look up the prices on Remora and compare them to a couple of different server's prices.

Edit- Ok, I got bored enough :P

I compared the prices for the materials to make the BLU AF leg pc, the Magus Shalwar.

Remora prices (my server)

Gold Chain: ~65-70k (down from a high of 200k+)
Velvet Clothe: ~7k-10k
Flan Meat: 100-1,000
Imp. Silk Clothe- 46-50k (down from a high of 60k)
Imp. Mythril Pc x2: 7-8k each (down from a high of 30k each)

Est total cost now: 140k for the BLU leg AF
total cost with high prices: 331k

Asura Prices

Gold Chain- 96k-100k (high of 350k :o)
Velvet Cloth- 5-9k (high of 150k each)
Flan Meat- 700-2k
Imp. Silk Cloth- 50k (high of 100k)
Imp Mythril Pc x2-6k each (high of 290k each)

Est total cost now: 173k
High price total: 892k :o :o :o

Phoenix prices

Gold chain- 70-75k (140k highest)
Velvet cloth- 36-40k (100k highest)
Flan meat- 3k (9k highest)
Imp silk cloth 50 (100k highest)
Imp mythril pc x2 7k each (90.3k each highest0

Est total cost now: 182k
High price total: 529k

So Remora prices for the BLU AF Leg armor has fallen 57%, Asura 81% and Phoenix has fallen 66% since the last recorded high prices according to FFXI AH.

Also- SE had their reasons for doing the new AF like they have. They even explained it back in July.
The artifact quests are continuations of the previously available "An Empty Vessel," "Luck of the Draw," and "No Strings Attached" quests. Like the artifact quests for other jobs, there will be three quests for each new job that the player must complete in order to attain the artifact weapon and two pieces of armor.

The other three pieces of artifact armor will not be available in coffers, but instead can be obtained by a new method. The Aht Urhgan areas are for high-level players, and placing coffers in these areas would make the artifact quests significantly more difficult than those for the other jobs.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Susannah
Tomcat

Post by Susannah »

The problem with the new AF, is that me being in a very small linkshell and having no access to higher levels, it's nigh impossible for me to get to the BCNM, yet alone face the mobs.
Bard AF I had a 69 PLD and a 72WHM, no problems with any AF.
BlueMage AF= The more people and the mob becomes steroid induced and stunspam and tier3 -agas. Solo and they wipe the floor with you.
I've heard on Seraph, RMT controls sky, so nothing happens without their say so.
Seraph Server. Pirate leader of the SkeletonCrew.
August 5, 1958 - May 10, 2006
You never know how much your parents mean to you, until they're gone away. Cherish your time spent, for it may all disappear tomorrow. I miss you momma.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I put COR off for a month to wait for prices to drop, which wasn't by much :(
I used my Imperial Standing to get the currency, camped the Weavers' Guild for Wamoura Cocoons and had a friend synth them into thread for me and attempt the final BC twice (when we won that was one of the most fun fights I've done to date).

Makes me glad I wasn't a bandwagon BLU (no offensive Susannah) :P At the time was probably 3:1 BLU:COR ratio so obviously BLU items were more expensive than COR items, a few were shared though.

Yes we were all quite happy about it not being coffers when we first heard about it but on hearing how much we'd need to spend we all mostly wanted coffers back :oops:
Why couldn't the items have been cheap stuff from NPCs or easily farmable instead of all that crap? I must have spent 400-600K for all 3 pieces (1 of which sucks) and 1800 Imperial Standing (put me back getting my silly turban).
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

The rush of jobs to go through the AF stage all at once is what causes the vastly expensive prices, not SE. Player controlled economy, don't bitch at SE. You want something first? You'll have to pay more then the others, welcome to capitolism.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

We wouldn't have needed to buy over priced crap if it wasn't impossible to farm or high level crafted items (from impossible to farm mobs). SE didn't think things through (again) or they're just sadistic bastards, possibly both.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Sugami wrote:SE didn't think things through (again) or they're just sadistic bastards, possibly both.
Actually that sounds like part of the job decription of a Video Game Designer. :lol: :lol:
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: An RMT Wiki, Japanese though

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: An RMT Wiki, Japanese though

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо