What would you do with half of $1.65 Billion?

A place to talk about... anything!
Keavy
Drunker than thou

What would you do with half of $1.65 Billion?

Post by Keavy »

So if you didn't hear YouTube was purchased for $1.65 Billion by Google earlier this week and the owners of YouTube (One is 27 and the other is 29) get to split the cash.

So, what would you do?

I discussed this with my roommate and our friends last night and here's what we decided about me. The basic math is: Me + Obscene amount of money - obligations and/or responsibility = Dead by 35 and flat broke.

First off, I would use my share of the fortune to fund my two favorite activities: Womanizing and Drinking. So right there I know that in a certain amount of time the following would happen: my penis would fall off, I would destroy my liver, and my fortune would be seized and divided among my hundreds of illegitimate children and baby momma's.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Tinacat
Feral Cat

Post by Tinacat »

get to split the cash.
No real money was exchanged. It was bought thru stock, so the money goes to the compainy not the creators, and all google gets is ownership to it. If You Tube was actualy sold off, then the creators would get money.
Cardian > puppets
[img]http://www.apricotsoft.com/~mimora/star_/ff11/05out1/05out1_006.jpg[/img]
so great being a grey haired Mithra THF
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

One HECKOFAPARTY.

A few bikes and cars, maybe a Beech Stagerwing. A house on Greenlake.

The rest? IDK. Probably blow it recklessly on "investments".
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Hmm... let's start with the essentials;

House
Mazda RX8
XBox 360 + DOA4 & Rumble Roses XX & Dead Rising & FFXI
Gibson Flying-V electric guitar (like this one)

I'll pimp us my computer, something fierce, too :lol:

I guess I'll get PS3 and Wii just for the sake of having one :lol:
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

okie~
#1- pay off my student loans!
#2- pay off my car (subaru impreza RS)
#3- take 1/3 of what is left and invest it for later
#4- take another 1/3 and give it to charity
(and now the best for last)
#5- throw a HUGE party.. and invite all my MithraPride sisters!!! Of course, everyone must show up in cat-ears!!!!!!!! :lol:
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

Tinacat wrote:No real money was exchanged. It was bought thru stock, so the money goes to the compainy not the creators, and all google gets is ownership to it. If You Tube was actualy sold off, then the creators would get money.
Actually, this isn't what "stock swap" means. What happens is that everyone that has shares in the "purchased" company gets a split of the sale price. It can be pretty complex with different deals for different folks -- like stock for stock to big owners and cash for the little shareholders. The actual deal must be equal monetarily for all shareholders -- they can't screw over some with the different "payment plans" if the big holders decide to vote that way. Typical offers are cash, stock, and combinations. If the buyer is a publically traded company, the new stock they get for their old stock has actual monetary value and can be converted to cash instantly if they so desire.

If the new stock is not publically traded, then the sellers get nothing but a piece of paper that might have value in the future. Google is publically traded. The creators might have very little or the majority of the shares. It could be owned mostly by VCs. 'Dunno that side of it. If the creators own most of it, they basically get ~800m each.

BTW, I'm pretty sure that you are not taxed in the US for a stock-swap purchase. You are absolutely taxed for cash buy for a company. This is often why stock swaps are done. I've been involved in three company sales. Stock for stock (both non-traded, not taxed), Cash for Stock (ouch, tax!), and Options for Options (non-traded for traded, not taxed).

--

Not sure how much that money would change my life if I was part of something of that maginitude. I already don't work and if I want something, I buy it (within reason, LOL -- new PC sure -- cars & houses, uh no). But that's A LOT of money. I'd probably add a some really expensive frivolities to my life -- buy a couple more homes, travel more, oh, and I've always wanted to do one of those Eco-series races. I'd probably use the money to finance a team. I do triathlons. I'm too pale to ever win (30m pit-stop to re-sunblock kills time), but I'd love to do one of the really fun 7-day endurance races.
Last edited by Okuza on Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Tianshii wrote:#5- throw a HUGE party.. and invite all my MithraPride sisters!!! Of course, everyone must show up in cat-ears!!!!!!!! :lol:
You'll have to forgive probably at least a few of the "sisters" for showing up as males. :rofl:
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

A few? lol, I know there are more MANthra than mithra out there.. just so long as they wear KITTY EARS!!! :D
I do triathlons. I'm too pale to ever win (30m pit-stop to re-sunblock kills time), but I'd love to do one of the really fun 7-day endurance races.
Okuza, :o Wow... that's so cool!!!! Maybe someone could hose you down with some of that spray sun-block to shorten your re-application time :P
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

I would quit my job, quit beating my head against the wall that is college, buy myself a nice car and small house, and live the rest of my life as a responsibility-free lout. I suppose I would get a pair of Russian Blue cats. Oh yeah, and I would help out my brother financially if he needed it.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Rinni
Tomcat

Post by Rinni »

i pretty much second Evi. I would firstly get my driving licence(and finally give up my scooter) and buy a nice car. Then i'd do what i've been wanting to do for a while now, move out of my parents house and get my own closer to my friends. i'd maybe get myself a part time job, or go back to college to do things that interest me. Then i would invite all my friends for a houseparty (even the ones from the US if they wanted to come). get hammered. get it on with my friend who makes me horny as hell, and propose to him.

ah, the world of the fantasy. it's nice to dream. 8)
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I have no clue how stocks work :? but there was a Futurama episode that was quite informative so I'll basically outline what happened in that and see if that fits into this situation.

Mom Corp was taking over Planet Express; firstly the majority of both companies had to agree to it (I know what you're thinking, the Futurama crew wouldn't agree to it but turns out the Slick 80s Guy AKA "That Guy" had majority vote over the company).

After both companies "agreed" to the transaction Mom Corp would buy out the shareholders (being the crew) at the current stock price. So if each share was worth $10 and you had 5000 shares you'd get $50,000. If that's the case with what happened with Google and YouTube then the shareholders of YouTube (the owners I guess) would have got all their shares bought out for 1.65 billion in total.

If anyone is wondering what happened to Planet Express; That Guy suffered from boneitis and all his bones spontaneously snapped into a comical position leaving Fry the CEO of Planet Express. Long story short he doesn't allow the deal to go ahead :)
Tianshii wrote:#5- throw a HUGE party.. and invite all my MithraPride sisters!!! Of course, everyone must show up in cat-ears!!!!!!!!
If you had kitties I'm there :lol:
Okuza wrote:Not sure how much that money would change my life if I was part of something of that maginitude. I already don't work and if I want something, I buy it (within reason, LOL -- new PC sure -- cars & houses, uh no).
For someone who doesn't work you don't seem to any money problems. What you do, inherit a large sum of cash? :P
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

Basically lots of hard work and a little luck -- part of a startup that was acquired.
Larxene
Kitten

Post by Larxene »

Hmm, half of 1.6 billion....easy, buy out Dairy queen, and all major ice cream stores and get a huge TV. That way I could sit on my ass all day and eat ice cream and watch TV and movies. That's gonna be my dream...now, if you'll excuse me, I have some doomsday ice cream plots to lay out and test. Good day! :D
Fear the fists of the almighty....Mr. Chan!
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Id pay off all debts, pay for colledge classes and then open a small shop with it (has always been a goal) then once the shop can run on its own, id just donate the rest. I hate rich people -.-
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Okuza wrote:
Tsybil wrote:.....
Nope, that wasn't me.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I'd rebuild a custom eclipse engine from the ground up. I'd make the ultimate show/street car. Then get a mitsubishi raider pickup and trail and trick them out to carrying my car to shows and such.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

Tsybil wrote:Nope, that wasn't me.
Ooops. Two T-names posting one after the other must have confused me. Sorry! :oops:
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: What would you do with half of $1.65 Billion?

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: What would you do with half of $1.65 Billion?

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт