Lack of Artwork

A place to talk about... anything!
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Lack of Artwork

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Im curious...why is it so difficult to find FFXI artwork? I can't find Mithra Pics, Hume pic, taru or anything. Not ever cool Red Mage pics. Yet I could type in something like Cloud or Tifa and get spammed with 100+ pages. No im not talking about hentai, thats just plain boring. However i do enjoy a good hand drawn picture.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Simply I think because FFXI was less mainstream, less of a hit then the others were.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Everyone looks the same (pretty much) and characters aren't all that interseting *shrug* it'd be more fun and/or challenging to draw Cloud, Tifa, etc.
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

:?:
Does anyone on this site do hand drawings? It'd be cool to see a thread like that started... maybe call it... Mithra, Pen on Paper :wink:
Also, lets not Forget the "Level Up" Comic.

If I had more free time I'de take a crack at it... or at least play around in photoshop. (yes, I know that isn't the same.. but I used to do little strips with screen shots & dialogue)
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

I used to be awsome at drawing...but every since ive stopped (busy with work / school) I quit drawing. Still it does sound like fun.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

Im curious...why is it so difficult to find FFXI artwork?
Probably because most people recognize 8-Bit Theater as the epitome of FF art. What more could possibly be needed?
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I hand-draw... on my graphics tablet :lol:

I'm so out of practice now I can't draw for diddly, shame I'd quite like to draw myself in sexy Corsair AF :)
mirabem
Kitten

Post by mirabem »

Sugami wrote:I hand-draw... on my graphics tablet :lol:

I'm so out of practice now I can't draw for diddly, shame I'd quite like to draw myself in sexy Corsair AF :)
I know what you mean sugami. I haven't touched my wacom in months. I can still rock out in photoshop, but I'm a little rusty.

FFXI = big in japan/SE asia, slightly less big in the US(at least nowadays)

what you need to do is phrase your searches using specific words and combinations. There's actually a ton of CG/indie manga FFXI stuff out there, but you gotta know where to look. examples include:

- ffxi doujin
- ffxi doujinshi
- ff mithra manga
- ff fanart

etc etc.

the sad thing(well, sad for some >.<) is the majority of search results this will bring up are predominantly hentai. about 60% at least. not exactly worksafe. deviantart is a surprisingly good place to look, I've found. although theres also alot of poorly drawn smut on there, too, so watch out >^~.~'^<
[url=http://www.myspace.com/mirabem][img]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/riotlolita/myspace-mirabem.jpg[/img][/url]
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

'ff fanart' I can almost garuntee will result in FF7 art.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

mirabem wrote: I know what you mean sugami. I haven't touched my wacom in months. I can still rock out in photoshop, but I'm a little rusty.
Mmm WACOM... hiddeously expensive. Mine is A4 work-area (so A3 in size) but I'd like to get a WACOM A5 tablet but like I said, hiddeously expensive and I have other things other higher priority (GFX card, guitar, XBox 360) :)
Tinacat
Feral Cat

Post by Tinacat »

I have a LS leader that draws pictures of the people in the LS.

She drew this of me, for crafting her something. I had a TOTAL obsesion with crawlers at the time.

Her other stuff is better, mine looks not as good, probably cause she didnt use me as a referance for the drawing, and just thought up what I looked like in her head.
Cardian > puppets
[img]http://www.apricotsoft.com/~mimora/star_/ff11/05out1/05out1_006.jpg[/img]
so great being a grey haired Mithra THF
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Look at my awesome paint artwork!

SEE IM AN ARTIST!!! LMAO!!
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Tinacat
Feral Cat

Post by Tinacat »

NICE!!!!!! even managed to capture the ugly brown nose all us Mithra have.
Cardian > puppets
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

lol yeah :D
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

It's not ugly, it's cute :)

Your LS Leader got any refined pictures, fully coloured? That's really awesome for a sketch *jealous*

I'd rate my skills as "good" compared to everyone but "crap" compared to people who can actually draw. My art-style is more "draw what I see" so not really suited for comics etc. :lol:
Tinacat
Feral Cat

Post by Tinacat »

yeah,

Cardian > puppets
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Poor kitty :oops: *shakes fist at maat*
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

I am so going to print and frame that.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

:rofl: I love the drawings you kitties posted!! :D
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

I have a drawing a friend of mine in FFXI made for me about a year ago. If I remember to, Ill post it when I get some extra time. You guys would be amazed at his talent I assure you.. :D
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Don't Fear Karou The Puppetmaster..... Wait.... Yes Fear Karou The Puppetmaster..... Who Wrote This Script?! And Where's My Fish Crossant?! ILL BE IN MY TRAILER!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Nice. did you draw that one?
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Ambrey wrote:I have a drawing a friend of mine in FFXI made for me about a year ago. If I remember to, Ill post it when I get some extra time. You guys would be amazed at his talent I assure you.. :D
Well I got around to putting it in my photobucket, so here it is. Let me know what you guys think. Ill be sure to let my friend know your guy's thoughts on his work. :D

I had to shrink it down from the original size, original size was like 12 x 17 inches and about 23MB lol. Enjoy 8)
Tinacat
Feral Cat

Post by Tinacat »

a bit cheese cake-y
Cardian > puppets
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

You say that as if it were a bad thing? And aside from the breast size, I've worn less in exp pt's. >.>; So that's generous for a Mithra, in my opinion.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Lol no i didnt draw that, I found it in an email from my best friend only saying "Don't ever wake up from the dream of eternal fantasy." I know she didnt draw it, i've seen her work, its 100x suckier then that, but as for the digital its up with my par lvl, but I'm curious as to whose that is. either way..... RAWR :P
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Tinacat wrote:a bit cheese cake-y
wth is that supposed to mean? :?:
Eviticus wrote:You say that as if it were a bad thing? And aside from the breast size, I've worn less in exp pt's. >.>; So that's generous for a Mithra, in my opinion.
You do know that is Warrior AF right? Geez if I knew all you guys were gonna do was bitch about the drawing I wouldn't have bothered to show it to you... :x
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

Great stuff Ambrey & Karou -- Ambrey's is a bit faint and hard to see, though -- probably just a scan issue.
Tinacat wrote:a bit cheese cake-y
Eh!? When it comes to cheese cake, Mithra didn't just write the book, they published it and peddle it on streetcorners.

Seen in the comment box of a taru bazaar mule, "Ignore the naked mithra! My prices are lower!"
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Eviticus wrote:You say that as if it were a bad thing? And aside from the breast size, I've worn less in exp pt's. >.>; So that's generous for a Mithra, in my opinion.
You do know that is Warrior AF right? Geez if I knew all you guys were gonna do was bitch about the drawing I wouldn't have bothered to show it to you... :x[/quote]

>.>; Didn't think I was btiching, sorry....I rather liked it. And as a side note, whether male or female, I think the majority of the people here won't mind things like that. So no worries, ne?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tinacat
Feral Cat

Post by Tinacat »

I am proud to have dragon harness, and everyone else loves my side boobage. :lol:
Cardian > puppets