New kitty in the house (RL) NOW WITH PICS!

A place to talk about... anything!
Kailea
Mad Cat

New kitty in the house (RL) NOW WITH PICS!

Post by Kailea »

I just got a new kitten today, a calico cat ^.^

its so cute, (will try and get pics later)

I need a name....I really suck at nameing, and I want something nice, help me out please :p

its a girl bye the way ^.^

here are some pics.....

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/8122/im000668ni5.jpg

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/2672/im000670ql6.jpg

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/128/im000671uh4.jpg

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8567/im000672rl1.jpg

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/2639/im000682oj8.jpg
Last edited by Kailea on Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
Tinacat
Feral Cat

Post by Tinacat »

I personaly dont like calicos. I have one, but because I were tricked into keeping it, while I were babysiting it.

Well anyways, we named her Little Britches, cause she is rather violent, and tomboyish. (she even tried to kill her kittens, just like how a male cat will do that to kittens)
Cardian > puppets
[img]http://www.apricotsoft.com/~mimora/star_/ff11/05out1/05out1_006.jpg[/img]
so great being a grey haired Mithra THF
MittensValefor
Big Cat

Post by MittensValefor »

Could name her after one of those cute kittens who like flowerrrs in exchange forrr secrrrets. =^_^=

Valah Molkot, Ojha Rhawash, Kuu Mohzolhi, Ahkk Jharcham, or Zona Shodhun.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
http://www.allpeopleeverywhere.com/
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

mmmm yeah I was thinking of a FFXI Mithra name, or an anime name, or just something so sickening cute, you would get sick when you hear it :p
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Caly...it's part of her variety, and it's semi-cute, so it'll seem cute and corny at the same time! :lol:
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

I sugguest Felice, it was the name of the cutest cat I've ever owned. Unfortunately, she was also a little brain-dead. She was born under someone's trailer and it rained that night, flash flood nearly drowned the litter. Oxygen deprivation messed all of the kittens up a little. Felice had poor depth perception, which we noticed when she jumped right into the side of a dresser.... >.>
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Generic cat name: Mittens! :lol:

In Geobreeders (manga) there's a phantom cat called Socks, I quite like that name for a cat, kind of a play on Mittens :D

We demand pictures! Want them now! :D
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

:) Name her Sugami!! Kuu is cute if you want FFXI npc inspired. If you want a play on calico trrrrry... Licoita or Calita
I like the Felice suggestion also.
Time for a name the kitten poll!! :lol:

edit:
:shock: ohhhhhhhhhhhhh SO CUTE SO CUTE baby kitty!!!! ittlebittykitty = teh cuteness *purrrr*
Last edited by Tianshii on Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

ok added pic links to first post enjoy ^.^ (give me about 10 mins)
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Tianshii wrote::) Name her Sugami!!
:lol:

The flash kinda ruins half of those photos, kitty looks petrified in the first one :lol: aww~
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

yeah I suck at takeing pics.... I tried without the flash...and all but one came out blurry -.-
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

hehe *comfort* sounds like your camera is a bit of the crappy side :P
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

yeah its a cheap digital one, that belongs to me mother -.- she did not ask me before buying it lol

btw think I am going to go with Daisy, how does that sound? I like flowers and I find this name to be pretty...but will it fit a cat?
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

:love: :love: CUTE!!!

Btw, there is a scary hairy arm in the first pic >.>;
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

If Daisy works for a duck it will work for a kitty.

I assume you are using a camrea with a built in, pre-aimed flash. Tape a bit of paper so it will bounce the flash upward or use a piece of sonething kinda transparent like rice paper or the paper they used to call onion skin as a defuser over the flash.

BTW, calicos and tortise shells are all females. P. T. Barnum had a standing offer of $10,000 for a calico male, remember these are 1890ish bucks. It went unclaimed.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

Shirai wrote::love: :love: CUTE!!!

Btw, there is a scary hairy arm in the first pic >.>;
thats me :p
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

Tsybil wrote:If Daisy works for a duck it will work for a kitty.

I assume you are using a camrea with a built in, pre-aimed flash. Tape a bit of paper so it will bounce the flash upward or use a piece of sonething kinda transparent like rice paper or the paper they used to call onion skin as a defuser over the flash.

BTW, calicos and tortise shells are all females. P. T. Barnum had a standing offer of $10,000 for a calico male, remember these are 1890ish bucks. It went unclaimed.
wow I did not know that :p thats interesting info
Last edited by Kailea on Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Tsybil wrote:BTW, calicos and tortise shells are all females. P. T. Barnum had a standing offer of $10,000 for a calico male, remember these are 1890ish bucks. It went unclaimed.
What? How can calicos all be female? If it had to breed with a different err... breed then they'd no longer be calicos... :?

P.S. I really like the Japanese name "Sakura", it's feminine and means "Cherry blossom" (so that's your flower name :P)
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

mmmmm that does sound cute....mmmm -.- I dont know
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Cute kitty^^

/puts on her knows-too-much hat

The "calico" color pattern is a genetic quirk in cats. Its a dominant trait that appears nearly exclusively in female cats. Male calicos can occur but they are very very rare and all of them are sterile.

/lecture mode off
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Sugami wrote:
Tsybil wrote:BTW, calicos and tortise shells are all females. P. T. Barnum had a standing offer of $10,000 for a calico male, remember these are 1890ish bucks. It went unclaimed.
What? How can calicos all be female? If it had to breed with a different err... breed then they'd no longer be calicos... :?
Sex linked color patterens. Not famillar enough with the genitics to quote chapter and verse. Calicos can throw black and white, grey, brown, silver, and orange tabies all with white as well as calico females. Tortiseshells simmslart save for the 'and white' parts.

Both can have the dilute gene as well leading to the blue - cream variations.
ScarlettPheonix wrote:The "calico" color pattern is a genetic quirk in cats. Its a dominant trait that appears nearly exclusively in female cats. Male calicos can occur but they are very very rare and all of them are sterile.
Just so. I think there were three claico males in the news in the last half of the 20th century. Males can carry the calico gene(s?), but they need two copies to have a chance of expressing it. The odds of a calico male being healthy enough to live are also fairly low, no concept about the genitic why of that at all.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

So is "calico" the breed or the colour (pattern) :?
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

It's more of a generalization of the color pattern on the kitty. ^^
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Many breeds can be calico. I want a Calico Maine Coon kitty.

Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

I wish I were allowed to have a pet :( When Im done with my term of service ill make that my first thing on my to do list :)
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: New kitty in the house (RL) NOW WITH PICS!

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: New kitty in the house (RL) NOW WITH PICS!

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting