New Notorious Monsters and Battlefields!(07/19/2006)

A place to talk about... anything!
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

New Notorious Monsters and Battlefields!(07/19/2006)

Post by Leane »

In the upcoming version update, new notorious monsters and battlefields will be introduced into the Treasures of Aht Urhgan areas.
Also, certain monsters will soon possess an accumulative resistance to magic.
Click here for details.

Details Below

In the upcoming version update, new notorious monsters and battlefields will be introduced into the Treasures of Aht Urhgan areas.
Also, certain monsters will soon possess an accumulative resistance to magic.

New Notorious Monsters

Now that everyone seems to be used to the new areas and enemies of the Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion disc, a number of notorious monsters will be introduced in the next version update.

In addition, a new type of high notorious monster (HNM) will be added to the beastman strongholds.

Victory will not come easy when facing these new challenges!

New Battlefields

A number of new battlefields are scheduled for the Treasures of Aht Urhgan areas. You can attempt these battlefields by using Imperial Standing credits.

We have adjusted the system so that most players should be able to make an attempt once or twice a week with the Imperial Standing they earn, but players can enter the battlefield every day if they have enough credits. This should make the new battlefields more accessible than orb battles.

Accumulative Magic Resistance

Currently, a large number of players can team up to overpower the enemy in certain battles by hitting the enemy repeatedly with only elemental magic. This tactic has had an unbalancing effect on the game, and we decided a change was needed.

However, altering the effects of powerful magic spells would have a negative effect on black mages and other magic users. Rather than altering magic effects or strengthening monsters, we determined that the adjustment to solve this issue should be as small as possible in scope and affect other gameplay mechanics as little as possible.

Therefore, for the next update we have decided to implement an accumulative magic resistance effect for all monsters whose strength reads "impossible to gauge."

We have also made several other adjustments to minimize the effect of this change on black mages and other magic users. For example, a party fighting a notorious monster with one to two black mages will probably not notice the difference.

However, we have decided to give Bahamut in the quest "The Wyrmking Descends" and Diabolos in the quest "Waking Dreams" a stronger accumulative magic resistance than other notorious monsters.

-Types of Affected Magic Damage
When a notorious monster is repeatedly hit by the following types of magic, it will accumulatively build magic resistance:

Black magic (elemental), white magic (divine), ninjutsu, magical blood pact abilities, magical blue magic, magical weapon skills (e.g., Spirits Within and Red Lotus Blade), and certain job abilities (e.g., Chi Blast and Mijin Gakure)

-Resistance Fluctuation
When a monster with accumulative magic resistance is hit by a magic attack, the amount of damage it receives will decrease in accordance with that monster's resistance. At the same time, its resistance will increase.

The monster's resistance will increase in accordance with the amount of damage incurred, but each monster has a maximum resistance level.

In addition, the monster's resistance will decrease with time if it is not hit by any repeated magic attacks.
Holydragoon
Big Cat

Post by Holydragoon »

I find this quite interesting indeed

I wonder if this will stop the BLM x 5 parties
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Holydragoon wrote:I wonder if this will stop the BLM x 5 parties
Don't think so. Open with Nuke sleepaga ect for ~ 3 cycles. If still alive you have 5 Elemental Seals sleepagas to let the resistance reset.

RDM/NIN can tank perhaps, if needed. Heck, melee if needed for that mater. At the high end there is the Chainspell Stun option. Don't know how RDM/BLU works as a stunner yet.

Ummm... Sleep is Dark based, does that count?
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Dogma
Kitten

Post by Dogma »

Im lvling blm now..... :cry:
Ph3@r ma Slapaga IV n00b!!!!!!!!!!!!
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

That adjustment only applies to NMs, so in other words, no more manaburning Divine Might.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

I don't think the update will affect things that much.
A lot of BLM and smn boards have threads about it turned into flame wars and I quit threads, but we will either adjust and the bad players will be gone :)

As for no more manaburning Divine might all I can say is yay!!
I've won this myself in a melee burn with only one blm in the entire alliance.

As for the new HNM, the picture you see there is Hydra.
To give an impression on how big it will be someone swapped some dat files to compare this NM with Vrtra.

(Courtesy to Dr.Ifto for posting it on KI's Titan boards and the person putting it on KI's NM boards)

to give an impression on how big Vrtra is this is me standing at his left foot.
(Note that I play at 1280x1024 resolution, he doesn't even fit on my screen)
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

That thing is huge :o :shock:
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

JediKitsune wrote:That adjustment only applies to NMs, so in other words, no more manaburning Divine Might.
There is one NM in every BC battle.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

personally I think this'll be great ^^

and yeah, as to Hydra vs Vrtra there. o.o;;;
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

Tsybil wrote:
JediKitsune wrote:That adjustment only applies to NMs, so in other words, no more manaburning Divine Might.
There is one NM in every BC battle.
I thought every mob in a BC fight was a NM hence BCNM
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

uh... help.

I suddenly have no interest in being the first cat/party/allaince/linkshell to find Hydra.

I'm going to go hide in my mog house now.
[FFX|V] Mystiana Rulean >> BLM iL94 - DRG iL91 - SMN iL93 - SCH iL77
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1463791/
[FFXI] Mystiana@Shiva >> 99 DNC DRG SMN [currently retired]
90+ WAR BLM WHM BST BRD SCH :: 494 Merit Points
Rank 10 for all nations :: Craft: [Cooking: 54][Fishing: 50]
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

lol, Hydra is what spawns as the King version of Cerberus. ^^;

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

You sure about that? Hydra being HQ Cerby?

Every mob in the BCs will con as "Impossible to Gauge" so they're all counted as NMs.

Also the new non-orb fights that use imperial standings instead; sounds interesting I wonder what kinda junk can be won, probably not as good as orb fights since you'll be able to do them more frequently.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Kintrra wrote:lol, Hydra is what spawns as the King version of Cerberus. ^^;
At first most people thought so as well, however looking at the area where the original SE pic is displayed it looks more like Wajaom woodlands/Mamook.

Cerberus spawns in Halvung.
(In greek mythology Hydra is the sibling of Cerberus so the theory is plausible)

Next to that Cerberus is a pretty tough HNM by itself and hasn't shown any signs of spawning a "king".
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Yeah, that's where the pic has him, but I'm not too sure why, cuz I heard like 3rd or 4th day after ToAU's release that one of the server's had gotten the King spawn of Cerberus and it was a multi-headed dragon. Sounds like Hydra to me. Wouldn't be the first time we've seen a mob in more than one place, especially for BCNM. Horns of War, the Hills are Alive, and such BCNMs use mobs that are basically HNMs with different names. ^^;

Ziada
Tomcat

Post by Ziada »

Firemyst wrote: I suddenly have no interest in being the first cat/party/allaince/linkshell to find Hydra.
Hydra steps on Al Zahbi! Al Zahbi takes 15,432,994 points of damage.
653 adventurers were defeated.
Hydra takes the Astral Candescence.
Number of Imperial Bronze Coins that must be donated to rebuild Al Zahbi: 56,999
Hydra readies Spike Flail II ...
WHM 75 - SMN 75 - BLM 63 - Midgardsormr
Windurst Rank 10 - RoZ and CoP completed
Alchemy 60 - Cooking 54 - Goldsmithing 24
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Kintrra wrote:Yeah, that's where the pic has him, but I'm not too sure why, cuz I heard like 3rd or 4th day after ToAU's release that one of the server's had gotten the King spawn of Cerberus and it was a multi-headed dragon. Sounds like Hydra to me. Wouldn't be the first time we've seen a mob in more than one place, especially for BCNM. Horns of War, the Hills are Alive, and such BCNMs use mobs that are basically HNMs with different names. ^^;
This person probably wasn't telling the truth,
I read a lot of FFXI boards including KI, if Hydra really was a king spawn of Cerberus or if Cerberus even had a king spawn we would have known it by now.

However I do fear this will indeed be one of the harder mobs and there will be a lot of time needed to find a strategy to defeat this one.

I don't think it will be like a Wyrm but have more in common with Cerberus.
(FYI I have never fought Cerberus so I don't know what he does apart from what I have read.)

As for those BCNM HNM,
Those are Kindred seal 99 fights, so far I have only tried the Wyrm and I can tell you that BCNM is harder then Nidhogg.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: New Notorious Monsters and Battlefields!(07/19/2006)

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: New Notorious Monsters and Battlefields!(07/19/2006)

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо