I was just wondering....

A place to talk about... anything!
Chaotic
Kitten

I was just wondering....

Post by Chaotic »

How many mithras are actually guys? I mean cmon... there can't be THAT many can there >.> I went to your gallery... say that lots of the piccies were named "Anthony_1" and such... that scared me a little >.> a..anyways..... I shall not stop in my search for the perrrrfect mithra ^_^ even if most of them are guys..... :twisted:
I..want...to...stroke...your...tail...
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

I would be willing to bet that at 60- 70% of the Mithras are men, myself included :? I know that there are quite a few actual women mithra, so its not all fakers :)
[color=blue][b][i]Don't let fear cloud your judgement, for it will hold you back from all of your dreams ;) [/i][/b][/color]
[img]http://www.drowtales.com/~hightreason/chibilaelia.gif[/img] [color=blue][size=200][i][b]Meeooww!!![/b][/i][/size][/color]

WHM - 61 | SMN - 32 | BLM - 21 | THF - 10 | NIN - 7 | BRD - 7 | BST - 7 | SAM - 5 | WAR - 5
Creve
Tomcat

Post by Creve »

The beta was my first multiplayer RPG and I was shocked when I found out that certain Mithra's were guys. It took a bit getting use to but after a while I just learned to look at everyone as just Mithra and love each one for thier personalities. :P (Phelisia does know she owes me over 50k of gil for retail, no?) :lol: Anyhow, I don't ask who is female and who is not. Part of the experience of this RPG is the feel of being in this alternate reality and with the drama of trying to marry both Sandra, Titamatielle, and Tigara it was really great and truly sad when the beta ended. And no, there are no male Mithras! Some just have an alternate err...toolbox? (so i have learned)
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

Creve wrote:Anyhow, I don't ask who is female and who is not. Part of the experience of this RPG is the feel of being in this alternate reality and with the drama of trying to marry both Sandra, Titamatielle, and Tigara it was really great and truly sad when the beta ended.
Someone understands the RP in RPG! Whether the player is male or female doesn't matter unless they want it to matter. 'Firemyst' was female in the beta, and my character I use in retail will also be female.
Creve wrote:And no, there are no male Mithras! Some just have an alternate err...toolbox? (so i have learned)
What about the males in the Mithran city??
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

Someone understands the RP in RPG! Whether the player is male or female doesn't matter unless they want it to matter. 'Firemyst' was female in the beta, and my character I use in retail will also be female.
Any time that I have had choice in an RPG to choose male or female I have always chosen female. Why? I dunno, something to look at maybe?
I was originall gonna be a female Hume in the beta, but the Mithras were just way cuter so I went with that. :wink:
[color=blue][b][i]Don't let fear cloud your judgement, for it will hold you back from all of your dreams ;) [/i][/b][/color]
[img]http://www.drowtales.com/~hightreason/chibilaelia.gif[/img] [color=blue][size=200][i][b]Meeooww!!![/b][/i][/size][/color]

WHM - 61 | SMN - 32 | BLM - 21 | THF - 10 | NIN - 7 | BRD - 7 | BST - 7 | SAM - 5 | WAR - 5
Chaotic
Kitten

Post by Chaotic »

hehehe ^_^ thanks you guys ^^ like I always said to myself...
A Mithras a mithra....no matter whos controlling it. :twisted:
I..want...to...stroke...your...tail...
Creve
Tomcat

Post by Creve »

What about the males in the Mithran city??
Have you ever been to the Mithra village? What males?? And tell me, how come all the little ones are females too? You would think that after all the males got killed that the Mithras would have some male children, no? :lol:
Valkyr
Tomcat

Post by Valkyr »

im actually male but cmon i ran around the beta yelling Max Payne and OMG it's Russel Crowe plus i tended to run around naked so i could look at myself....only real girl type thing i did was make a macro saying Valkyr <3's <t>.....but yeah i did refer to all mithra as female cuz its too hard to actually keep up....my other LS used to call me the "sausage hiding mithra" cuz only a few of them knew i was actually a guy
The world before the fall...
Delightful is the light of dawn...
Noble is the heart of man...
maryadavies
Tomcat

Post by maryadavies »

As for me: I'm a girl in RL as well as my chara in the beta. Though I look nothing like my chara. Go fig.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v91/maryadavies/Mary.jpg[/img]
~~Also known as Elizara ([url=http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?11530]WHM/BLM, I'll help if ya ask![/url])

[url=http://maffcode.vze.com]My FF Code[/url]
Mod on [url=http://oneroomstudios.illuminata7.net/ffxi/boards/]Kopopo's Opo-pos[/url], a new FFXI board. Come on over!
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

Creve wrote:Have you ever been to the Mithra village? What males??
No.. I never got expansion enabled.. lowly 25 that I was.. ;.;
Amiricle
Big Cat

Post by Amiricle »

I couldnt find any male mithra when I was in Kazham, but that doesnt mean they werent there. The Cheiftess was dating a hume male and after talking to an NPC there......she said that she thought the chieftess was crazy for going for a HUME male cause humes cant scent thier own prey..................now why would she say that if the chieftess had an option of going for a guy who COULD scent his own prey...............
I did find 1, though there may have been 2 male mithra in windurst btw.

The reason none of the children are male.......Thats why male mitha are exceedingly rare as all the children for the last few generations have been female. Such is the current plight of the mithran race (a genetic anomaly is plaguing them - cant remeber what they called it in game though)
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

maryadavies wrote:As for me: I'm a girl in RL as well as my chara in the beta. Though I look nothing like my chara. Go fig.

.........Wait a minute......you mean you..........don't have.........pointy....ears......*GASP*

:lol: 8)

sandra
Kitten

Post by sandra »

Hehe ya i'm not sure why people think you have to roleplay as your gender. So when they see a female character they think its a female player. Some people say they like to play as the opposite sex. Again this type of conversation has been on alot of the message boards. Debating is it right when males play as female characters and the other way around.
Amiricle
Big Cat

Post by Amiricle »

Hehe Yea Sandra. I knew a few girls that played as Elvaan males. :D
Creve
Tomcat

Post by Creve »

You actually found a male mithra in windy!!!??? :shock:

Anyhow I thought they meant that the cheifteness was crazy going after a hume male when there are so many hermaphrodites in MithraPride to accomodate her. :P And they were hinting to me that I should get one of you to straighten out her kitten senses.
Vorloxa
Kitten

Post by Vorloxa »

Its true there are male mithra, I have seen only ONE before and I dont remember where but I know they exist. The female mithra are just dominant in the society, and the males are whimps so the females have to do all the fighting. Btw Im a guy in case you didnt figure it out already :)