Lost a friend.

A place to talk about... anything!
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Lost a friend.

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Last night I was in a really bad mood in game, because I needed help to fight Ramuh and nobody was responding to my shouts. I just need 1 lvl 75 to solo it, because I already had a party ready. (5/6) When nobody responed told my friend Mamoan "Sheesh when I hit lvl 75 im not going to help any low lvls cause the sure dont help me" (note that at the time I was super annoyed. But still it was something I shouldnt of said)

Now normally me and Mamoan are cool but suddenly he replied.

Mamoan: You don't help people anyway.
Me: What? I answer people's shouts all the time seeing if I can help.
Mamoan: Yeah, just to talk to them. but not to actually help them.
Me: Not true. The majority of the time the response is your not high enough lvl or you don't have that mission unlocked.
Mamoan: yeah right, you don't help people. What about when I asked you to party and I really needed you. You treated me like a JP and turned me down.
Me: No I didn't I just didnt feel like partying at the time.
Mamoan: then why did you have your flag up?
Me: Because that was when I was going the my problem that Im having now.
Me: recently ive been having my flag up, but as soon as I get a invite I turn them down.
Me: I think I'm just stressing myself out about Red mage.
Mamoan: You sound like you need to take a break.
Me: But Im so close to lvl 75.
Mamoan: No your not. Your not even half way.
Me: What? Im lvl 56.
Mamaon: nope.
Me: Is it really that hard ; ;
Mamoan: No. but most noobs drop out at that point.
Me: Ill never quit. I <3 rdm and Im too close.
Mamaon: then do it.
Me: I guess Ill party even though I dont feel like it. At any rate Im sorry If ive been rude to you.
Mamoan: what ever. your loss.
Me: well at any rate Im going to go kill Ramuh for some fun. This should be a nice little break from lvling.
Mamoan: gl with that.

But later on I realized he was a complete Asshole to me and Now I don't want to ever see him again. So I sent a email saying that if our friendship after 10 months of playing was only worth 2 party invite declines, then I will no longer continue being your friend.

I just want to know, was it really my fault. Am I truly that bad that I made a good friend turn on me?
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Sadira
Tomcat

Post by Sadira »

A serious post deserves a serious reply.

The problem with online games is that people become too emotionally invested in the outcome of their experiences.

In English: Your friend was probably right about you needing a break.
In English: Your friend was right again; you either do it or you don't.
In Engllish: Quid pro quo...err, nevermind, that was Latin, but it means "something for something". Generally its the rule of the world, but online, people live it religiously...too religiously.
In Englsih: The email you sent your friend.

"Truth is subjectivity": If you don't know the answer to your own question or what this means, then I suggest you look it up.
THF50/NIN25 [color=green]([/color]Mithra[color=red])[/color]

[color=red]Clothcraft: 82.0+2[/color] [color=green]([/color]Adept[color=red])[/color]
[color=blue]Leathercraft: 60.0[/color] [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Goldsmithing: 48.0 [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Smithing: 19.0 [color=green]([/color]Recruit[color=red])[/color]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Re: Lost a friend.

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Pheonixhawk wrote:Last night I was in a really bad mood....
Without knowing any more than you have posted, I would have to say yes.

But I bet he was in a bad mood too.

A RDM can turn down enough invites without a Flag, don't put it up if you don't want to party. If you do, and a friend invites, at least have a cheap excuse like "its only up for a tele" or something.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I've been that way before, I burn out everytime i take a break. I've learned one thing, I dont ever ask for help. I just help. I'm only good at that, but I understand what it's like to have friends think you don't. I help so much god forbid i should take a break heh
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

he sent me a email back. He' said he wasnt trying to be mean or anything like that. He was just trying to get my hyped back up about my job. I'm am truly glad I didn't lose my online bud. It would almost be as bad as us losing Keavy. Every loves that half drunk mithra. :lol: :lol: :lol:
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

For the record, I didn't wanna take a break, I was forced to :P

But I did get some good news today: As part of their "Money saving" thing my employer will offer some of us the opportunity to work from home.

Right now I'm finishing up with finals in school so this weekend should be the first of many for me where I can actually play.

Oh, and back on topic I, too sometimes feel pretty useless. But I always remind myself that I have Tele's that I can do and I can do Promy's if needed so its not all bad.

P.S. When was I ever half drunk?
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Yeah why put your flag up if you don't intend to party? :?
I get annoyed at people going afk whilst seeking, never came across someone with their flag up that's plain rejected an invite but that'd completely piss me off to the point of blisting :evil:

If you want an ego boost as RDM just turn /anon off and you'll get plenty of invites anyways.

And yes you're not close to 75. Believe someone worked out in terms of experience that half way is around 63. You've yet to hit the massive exp jump.

And shouts rarely get you anywhere unless you get lucky, hence I never bother with them. I also don't trust "pickup parties" for "special events", it tends to attract noobs :?
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Yup 60 is only half way to 75, reason a lot of people give up.
The grind becomes huge!
Flagging up, especially as a mage or tank job will get you party invites if you want it or not.
So be careful when you flag up, even if you set your search comment to busy.

As for some things, a pick up party is fine.
Avatar fights can be done with pick up parties fine, just a question tho.
Why would you want a 75 to solo an avatar if you have a party of 5 already?

As for burning out from RDM, I know the problem.
I've had the same on whm.
Yes your friend is right, take a break, level another job, go farm/fish/H.E.L.M/Chocobo digging for a while, do quests or missions, work on CoP, hunt a few NMs, unlock those jobs you still have locked or just explore areas you've never been before.
There's a lot more to do then just grind your job to 75 as fast as you can.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

while we're on the subject of being "Hyped" up. Gos, the only chance in frozen Promathia you have of touching maat on my account is after I A. Decemate him first, B. Get my samurai to 69 becuase you aint touchin it on warrior heh :D :lol:
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Keavy wrote: P.S. When was I ever half drunk?
Your right keavy, you were never half drunk. You wer fully drunk.
I even have a photo!

DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Pheonixhawk wrote:
Keavy wrote: P.S. When was I ever half drunk?
Your right keavy, you were never half drunk. You wer fully drunk.
I even have a photo!

:o

That photo was taken COMPLETELY out of context!!!

:shock: Umm...where exactly did you get that???
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Stockyboy
Big Cat

Post by Stockyboy »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ROFL
Mr. T pitties the fool, Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off, I /poke the fool.
Haubegeon: O
Hauberk: O
Drk75/War43/Nin60/Blm37/Thf37(DONE YES!)/Whm32/Drg22/Smn16/Rdm66/Bst18/Mnk10/Brd33/Pld11
All others not unlocked or not leveled ^^^
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c302/stockyboy/USSRallyourcookie-1.png[/img]
Waef
Tomcat

Post by Waef »

lol

OT: In my opinion he was being an asshole. >.>
PLD67, WAR66, NIN60
Genkai5 [O]
ZM14
PM8-1 (Yay sea! =D)
Currently leveling: Bard
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:while we're on the subject of being "Hyped" up. Gos, the only chance in frozen Promathia you have of touching maat on my account is after I A. Decemate him first, B. Get my samurai to 69 becuase you aint touchin it on warrior heh :D :lol:
Gah? WAR Maat is the easiest one there is :?

:lol: aww poor kitty :lol:
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

tell that to the old geezer who keeps pwning me with a lucky critical! 0/9!!!!!! :x :x :x i suck.
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Don't feel too bad Karou, supposedly PLD Maat is easy to beat as well...took me seven tries, and I have pics of the log from my sixth try because the old bastard used fracking {Asuran Fists} eight damned times IN A ROW!!! >_<;
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

he didnt asuran fists me tho ; ;
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Where did I get that picture? only time will tell Keavy. :lol:
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I thought you just use Raging Rush twice and it's game over for Maat :? not using Great Axe?
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

in order for raging rush to kill him you need to SC off yourself. that means after the first one hitting your icarus wing macro asap and hitting raging rush immediatly. my modem keeps preventing me from doing that --; I keep missing the skill chain.
Kistala
Tomcat

Post by Kistala »

Make a macro for it? Like...

Code: Select all

Line 1: /ws "Raging Rush" <t>
Line 2: /wait 2
Line 3: /item "Icarus Wing" <me>
Line 4: /wait 2
Line 5: /ws "Raging Rush" <t>
Line 6: /sh EAT IT, MAAT!
You'll need to fine-tune the /waits so that it'll work properly, of course, but I should think that would work.
"Don't take life too seriously, you can't get out of it alive."

Currently: PLD69/WAR34 tank
PLD69/RDM34 soloer
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

You get around 5 seconds to close a chain :? then again it never worked for me when I did the ENM, I have bad latency being in UK though :(
Aony
Housecat

Post by Aony »

actually if your computer's slow then it'll slow down even your macros. I've been on a reeeaally laggy computer where my SATA macro ended up pausing for 5 seconds between Sneak and Trick attack.
[url=http://www.imageshack.us][img]http://img100.echo.cx/img100/6779/sigaony7am.gif[/img][/url]

thf: 70 drg: 50 nin: 36 smn: 30 whm: 33 blm: 21 war: 25 drk: 13 sam: 10 brd: 9 mnk: 10 pld: 10 Blu: 8 cor: 11 pup: 5

All Thief AF obtained! :thumb:

http://img380.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wheresyourgod1sh.jpg
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

I play on a pretty slow machine on 56K ~ one week in four. I have never had ANYTHING like that much delay.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Laff :lol: well I did get partly killed by lag in dynamis. I got the attention of a mob using Hundred Fists and my Super Jump macro didn't trigger in time :(
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Lost a friend.

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт