Job Details from Update

A place to talk about... anything!
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Job Details from Update

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Job Details

SE has posted the update details and includes a run down of the new Jobs abilities.

All the new jobs sound really really interesting and fun to play^^
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

SHIELD UPDATES!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

*needs to change panties now* :oops:
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Now these are facts I can live with,

I guess a lot of online speculation was close or way off.
However I still wonder how these jobs will be used by the players themselves.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Where's the shield update? :?

So Corsairs won't use bullets, they'll use cards instead woo just as expensive no doubt :lol:

Is it me or do those 2hrs seems kinda... well... crap? :P
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Its mentioned in the "Apr. 18, 2006 (JST) Update Details". Its under Developer's Room>Update History.

Here's the bullet point:
The chance of blocking with a shield in battle has been increased.
Shields now block more damage.
Also good news for PLDs, WHMs, and RNGs:
The white mage 2-hour ability “Benediction” now cures status ailments.

The following features have been added to the paladin job:

Shield Mastery: Grants bonus TP when blocking an attack with a shield.
Auto Refresh: Gradually restores MP.

Ranged accuracy will no longer be determined by the distance from the target when using the ranger ability“Sharpshot.”
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Will I be able to get these effects without the expansion installed? Also what does rdm get thats all new and updated. Somebody said rdm learns a new spell.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Pheonixhawk wrote:Will I be able to get these effects without the expansion installed? Also what does rdm get thats all new and updated. Somebody said rdm learns a new spell.
Yes you will.

We RDMs are so great already that we rarely get bennies with updates like other jobs.

Now that you are 41, the unsought invites will come in moments after you log in. You will have to go /anon or put up with a new set of queries for parties every 15 - 20 mins.

That is all because of ONE spell. Honest, except for upgrading our Sword and Dagger skills to A- and maybe Dia III, I can't ask for anything.

OK, I want Refresh II, Regen II and III.

Oh, and a pony.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Auto Refresh as well, wasn't listed this morning!! *needs new panties AGAIN*

Also as a side-note for NIN kitties, there's a change being made to how the two most heavily camped NIN gear dropping NMs in Castle Oztroja appear. Mee Deggi the Punisher and Quu Doma the Gallant have been changed, or to quote:
The conditions under which the following notorious monsters appear have been altered:
Castle Oztroja: Mee Deggi the Punisher, Quu Domi the Gallant
Sea Serpent Grotto: Pahh the Gullcaller, Worr the Clawfisted, Novv the Whitehearted, Zuug the Shoreleaper
So hopefully this will mean the gilsellers will not be able to completely overcamp these NMs anymore. WEEE!!! :lol:
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Tsybil wrote:
Pheonixhawk wrote:Will I be able to get these effects without the expansion installed? Also what does rdm get thats all new and updated. Somebody said rdm learns a new spell.
Yes you will.

We RDMs are so great already that we rarely get bennies with updates like other jobs.

Now that you are 41, the unsought invites will come in moments after you log in. You will have to go /anon or put up with a new set of queries for parties every 15 - 20 mins.

That is all because of ONE spell. Honest, except for upgrading our Sword and Dagger skills to A- and maybe Dia III, I can't ask for anything.

OK, I want Refresh II, Regen II and III.

Oh, and a pony.
Here you are, one pony.

[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Can I upgrade that pony to a racing Chocobo? :D

Anyway, about the spell issue. As far as I know RDMs haven't gotten any new spells in this update. SE said here:
Future job adjustments were announced at the FINAL FANTASY XI Fan Festival 2006 held in North America, and also posted on the special blog found on the Fan Festival website. All of the changes mentioned will not be implemented during a single version update. Please be aware that depending on the results of various testing and balancing, several adjustments may take some time before making their way into the game, and we may even decide against implementing some of the changes.
This update White Mages, Rangers and Paladins got a change. We (RDMs) might get new spells next update, it might be at the Christmas update. No way to tell. /shrug.

Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Awwww.... thanks Pheonixhawk :)

/big hug
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Interesting, that shield update is very sexy for PLD :)
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Someone on Alla figured out that PLD's Auto Refresh is level 35 via playing around with it as a sub to main's of various levels.

So now you know.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Where is our summoner update. :(

I've put it on hold for now since I await the update.
I hope by Altana they won't give us more MP.
If they do we're gonna have a hard time getting parties without being main healer.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

oh god... your kidding me, auto refresh is 35 for pld?

*thinks for a second*

that means i could quite literally sub pld on a 70+ blm and get auto refresh (ya no -na but youd have up to cure 3, and auto refresh)

jeez, thats going to be intresting to play around with now.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Less MP and INT too methinks :P no Divine Seal Curaga either :P
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Job Details from Update

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru