Hells Second Doorstep!

A place to talk about... anything!
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Hells Second Doorstep!

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Okay so we all know that Valkurm dunes is the first step to hell. However finnaly lvling up my char past 30, I have now seen the second step. Garliage Citadel. At first I thought, hell, this place wont be so bad. Well after dying 4 times just to get to the Party spot. There were alot of bats that could rape us nearby. So we were waiting on our whm and she pulled a beetle. (very stupid seeing as the whm has invisible) So we start fighting and our blm starts to melee. But it was okay. I didnt care, i had too much healing and enfeebling going on to care atm. But it didnt end there. The blm like an idiot uses Blizzaga aggroeing a Bat that was nearby. We were still fighting the beetle and we were barely winning as it was. So I tried to sleep the bat using Elemental Seal, but it failed and I became the bats new friend. After a humulating death the Bat and beetle continued to rape our party. The whm was almost down to half MP and could'nt keep everyone alive, so instead of healing even more or using her two hour, she ran for her life (only to be cornered by 5 bats and die) I asked the blm as to why he casted Blizzaga and he said he though the bat was far enough away. Upon seeing this I Hp'ed and disbanded from the party. So yeah, Garliage is much much much worse in the hands of noobs than Valkurm.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

Go get a gate crystal for Teleport-Altep and add to your search comment when LFP that you can go there.
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

I already have a Altepa Crystal and yes its in my search comment as well. I just accept invites from anywhere, cause I usually dont get invited to anything.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Sadira
Tomcat

Post by Sadira »

I never really thought that Garlaige was that bad. I've been through there a few times. I guess it just depends on who ends up in your party. If I had to choose a second step to help it would have been the Jungles, but that was before SE made the mobs despawn back to their spawn point. Oh, and yeah, bats suck, don't bother sleeping them unless you're feeling lucky. And if you get lucky, do something fast because they won't stay asleep long...2-3 seconds if you're really lucky.
THF50/NIN25 [color=green]([/color]Mithra[color=red])[/color]

[color=red]Clothcraft: 82.0+2[/color] [color=green]([/color]Adept[color=red])[/color]
[color=blue]Leathercraft: 60.0[/color] [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Goldsmithing: 48.0 [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Smithing: 19.0 [color=green]([/color]Recruit[color=red])[/color]
Undine
Tomcat

Post by Undine »

Sadira wrote:I never really thought that Garlaige was that bad. I've been through there a few times. I guess it just depends on who ends up in your party. If I had to choose a second step to help it would have been the Jungles, but that was before SE made the mobs despawn back to their spawn point. Oh, and yeah, bats suck, don't bother sleeping them unless you're feeling lucky. And if you get lucky, do something fast because they won't stay asleep long...2-3 seconds if you're really lucky.
Ya the 2nd jungel was the 2nd step before the mpk patch. garliage was the 3rd. bad bat trains there all the time
Charaters: Undine- Caitsith, Shika- Alexander/Unicorn, Celsius- Cerberus

[url=http://www.nationstates.net/windurst1]Visit the ture windurst ^^![/url]

[img]http://test256.free.fr/UN%20Cards/catgirls4hn.jpg[/img]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Be VERRRY happy you did not experience Garliage before the zoned mob change.

Even GOOD pullers get links there. Link? Just run to the zone. Everyone camped on the stairs ran to the zone. Everyone waited while the train disapated. 5 mins lost for 2 - 3 parties. It was called the Train Station.

Nowdays if a puller runs to the zone with a train, the parties on the stairs try to pick a mob from the back of the pack.

Alternate leveling spot. The sanctuary behind the outpost. Start with Flys and Bats. Move up to Gobbies.

I prefer the Crawler's nest to Garliage at any level.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Euro
Kitten

Post by Euro »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Just think there buddy, you get to explore there for the AF, but theres light at the end of the tunnel, its not going to get worse, infact it gets better, garliage is up to 50 but you can go to like Crawlers nest..but after that it gets alot easier....
#1 rule of MMORPG, never piss off the main healer, we tend to forget you if you do
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

I'll never forget the time that Crawler's nest was shut down for over an hour on my server thanks to a train. Level 75's were running for their lives, it was so massive!

Finally some GM's arrived and cleaned up the mess. We never did find the person responsible.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Nobodyreal
Housecat

Post by Nobodyreal »

The undeniable result of too many PL parties. People don't know how to do their jobs properly.
[img]http://users.sisna.com/mschild/graphics/ffxisig.jpg[/img]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Keavy wrote:I'll never forget the time that Crawler's nest was shut down for over an hour on my server thanks to a train. Level 75's were running for their lives, it was so massive!

Finally some GM's arrived and cleaned up the mess. We never did find the person responsible.
:lol: ROFLWAFFLES! That's awesome :lol:

Yeah garlaige was bad 'cause of the mass linkings and everyone having to zone for half an hour or so but now it's okay. You won't escape nubbies for a good long while, heck I still run into them past 60 most of which are stupid elvaan DRGs :x everytime I see a nubby DRG God kills a kitten, won't someone please think of the kittens? SATA Vorpal Thrust? WTF? ... anyway I digress

Around 50 I preferred Garbage Shitadel over Nest, rumblers are so tight together it's too easy to get a link and also getting there can be very scary. I've always hated Quicksand Caves, spiders like to sickle slash when ninja has no shadows and anticans silence a lot, plus the PLD ant throws down Shoulder Tackle or something and it HURTS.
Once you get to kuftal it's all good, nice easy crabs that everyone likes. After crabs it really sucks to be a tank, especially a NIN tank I'll tell you that much :(
Sylphine
Tomcat

Post by Sylphine »

Hmm....personally, i've never got killed in GC.

But i understand how you feel, i think may be it actually depends on the skill of that pt member as well.

I've met a totally no brain BLM who never be a sub healer and always use her mp for nuking. (Don't wanna say she is my LS mate) When i (who is a RDM) died and the pt has no healer, she NEVER throw any healing spell on the fighter.

Here is what happened back then :

I was in a LS pt in Yuhtunga Jungle, the members are RDM/WHM(me), BLM/WHM(who i swear i'll never pt with her ever again), NIN/WAR(LS mate), DRK/WAR(LS mate), THF/NIN(LS mate), and WAR/NIN(a normal pt member)

The exp seemed to be well, then our THF pulled back a Gob Smithy and ended up with a link! 2 gobs are heading toward the camp and i quickly land a sleep spell on one of the gobs, leaving the other one for the fighters to kill him. After a few spells, the gob head toward my silly BLM friend, hit her until she has 10ish HP left when i decided to land a Cure3 on her. Now the gob started hitting me and no matter how the fighters voked the gob back, the gob still stick on me and i can do nothing except wait until the gob turn back to the tanker. OK, the first gob's wiped out and i only have 70ish HP left.

I noticed the other gob ran toward the BLM again after a few secs we started to hit him, this time i landed Cure2 on the NIN and finally land another Cure2 on the BLM (whose mp is around 3/4 gauge while my mp is almost gone). And yes...the RDM is KO'ed.

After i was sent to check the ground, the NIN voked the gob back and my silly BLM landed lots of attack spells on the gob. Again, the gob walked back to the BLM and send her to the ground.

A min later, the gob sent almost everyone in the pt to the ground. (Except the THF who ran to zone and came back with Raise)

Anyway, don't give up on those place. You may have to go there sometimes but be sure to go there with ppl who won't do stupid things.
Sylphine on Titan Server...

[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sylphine]More Info[/url]

Aw...after 50 leveling becomes more difficult now........
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

People who sub RDM or BLM and refuse to cure are the worst imaginable. We need to make a blacklist for them I swear.

Anyways, Pre-patch I loved it when I was a WHM and I was asked for a Raise in the Citadel or in the Nest and the people failed to mention that someone zoned a train.

Well, a few did after I died. :(
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Hells Second Doorstep!

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо