Red Mage 42 at last!

A place to talk about... anything!
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Red Mage 42 at last!

Post by Keavy »

Okay, so I logged in today expecting to level my Bard. Problem was I wasn't in a Bard mood. A n00b party from the night before had totally sapped all the love for Bard that I have so I decided to level RDM. I get my DD gear, sub Monk, and as I'm ready to head off to Kazham I get an invite to party in Western Altepa Desert. I jump for joy, head off to my MH, and change to my Mage gear.

We arrive and the party is going great with one exception: We keep losing healers! So finally we decide the hell with it, and I enfeeble, main heal, and nuke. That lasts for about two fights when we got a link, it resists my sleep, and we wipe. After we're Raised we decide I should do light enfeebles and main cure only. Even doing this I was Converting every ten minutes and still needed breaks inbetween. Still, we got to Chain 5 before I needed to rest, so it was good.

I get level 41 and Refresh and I'm all excited and so is the party. Now, with some rare exceptions (Like when the Monk or Samurai pulled hate off the tank) I'm running non-stop and the experience is flowing like a river.

Then comes the part we all hate: People need to head off to bed. We decide to get the Monk his level and break then since he wanted it so badly. Well, he gets his level, we all agree that if we could keep going, we would because that's how hard we rocked and I leave happily knowing that my days of endlessly LFG as my RDM are over and my days of /anon farming and Refresh whoring have just begun.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Congrats man. Im trying to become a refresh whore myself. Im only lvl 30 though. Once I hit lvl 31 I will have superceeded my original char Pheonixhawk :D
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

You said 42 in the topic title :P 41 when you get AF or is that 42?
Well grats, 40 and 41 are big for RDM, I got 73 last night and leveled sword to 240, sword of trials here I come :D
Dogma
Kitten

Post by Dogma »

/cheer

heh.. I kinda hated rdm between 41-49 tho.. evey one thinks you can do it all with vert/ refresh usually the learn better around 50
Ph3@r ma Slapaga IV n00b!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Sugami wrote:You said 42 in the topic title :P 41 when you get AF or is that 42?
Well grats, 40 and 41 are big for RDM, I got 73 last night and leveled sword to 240, sword of trials here I come :D
41 for the AF sword.
Dogma wrote:heh.. I kinda hated rdm between 41-49 tho.. evey one thinks you can do it all with vert/ refresh
But we can. :D A static member once asked me if I could main heal AND debuff + Refresh + handle links. I pointed out that I had done this in the static before, but it did keep me too busy to melee.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Fencing Degen is level 41 and I see no reason to get it before level 52. I have Wands that offer way more INT and Mind not to mention the Elemental Staves at 51 (I only have Ice, Light, and Dark ATM.)

So like with Bard, I won't bother with AF1 until I go for my other AF pieces and even then only the ones that I can get use out of in parties will have priority. Rest i'll do later and acquire so I can either place it on a mannequin or store it.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Keavy wrote:Fencing Degen is level 41 and I see no reason to get it before level 52.
10 MPs in the convert macro is the only reason. When you hit 51, the boost to your Cures from the Light Staff is worth far more than 10 MPs.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Tsybil wrote:
Keavy wrote:Fencing Degen is level 41 and I see no reason to get it before level 52.
10 MPs in the convert macro is the only reason. When you hit 51, the boost to your Cures from the Light Staff is worth far more than 10 MPs.
Yeah, like I'm gonna go looking around Davoi for a food hole to put a key in after my Fei'Yin adventure. :?
Whoohoo
Kitten

Post by Whoohoo »

RE: the food hole; just keep on checking every couple of days to the place that is really close to the " ! " across the lake from the entrance (the ground is "decorated" where the food hole will be)

at least that is what I did when I hit 41. It did not take that long to spawn in that area for me.
Maxi - Midgardsormr - RDM 20, BLM 9
Whoohoo - Ragnarok - RDM 45, DRG 25, WHM 31, SAM 20, NIN 25, BRD 20, THF 20, PLD 20, WAR 21, DRK 20, BST 21, RNG 21, SMN 30, MNK 21, BLM 20, PUP 30 (with all upgrades), BLU 31, COR 1
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Eh you should still be hitting things with your sword until 51 unless you really don't like to melee, I never used wands as RDM, swords all the way!

My storage hole or whatever it's called was bang in the middle, after wandering around for an hour or so we went straight for the heart and low and behold it was there. Had a BRD75 to help, he just slept everything so I could grab it then tele'd us out :)
Shouldn't be too hard to get from the middle just wait until they're not looking at you, drop, click, hit Chainspell + Warp :D
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

As far as swords go, thr Buzzard Tuck is the better weapon at that level.

Oh for those innocent days when I only carried four weapons. Buzzard Tuck, Fencing Dengen, Dagger, Wand. /looks at her golf bag full of staves

:?: I wonder if a PUP's puppet can caddy.

Whoohoo
Kitten

Post by Whoohoo »

yeah, I use the buzzard tuck with my fencing dengen when I use /NIN. Great combo for soloing ability
Maxi - Midgardsormr - RDM 20, BLM 9
Whoohoo - Ragnarok - RDM 45, DRG 25, WHM 31, SAM 20, NIN 25, BRD 20, THF 20, PLD 20, WAR 21, DRK 20, BST 21, RNG 21, SMN 30, MNK 21, BLM 20, PUP 30 (with all upgrades), BLU 31, COR 1
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Tsybil wrote:As far as swords go, thr Buzzard Tuck is the better weapon at that level.

Oh for those innocent days when I only carried four weapons. Buzzard Tuck, Fencing Dengen, Dagger, Wand. /looks at her golf bag full of staves

:?: I wonder if a PUP's puppet can caddy.
While I do have a Buzzard Tuck I only use it for Elementals. I find that my Centurion's Sword outperforms it even though it is ten levels lower.

As for melee I haven't Melee'd in a party as my RDM since Qufim. I find that I have so much to do with enfeebling and backup/main healing and now with the Refresh cycle and Haste coming at 48 I just don't have time.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Buu! It's really quite simple.
1) refresh self (if not already refreshed)
2) engage
3) debuff
4) debuff
5) refresh other
6) back to step 3 until done with debuffs
7) enspell and stoneskin if needed

et voila, that easy. Plenty of time to swing the sword around and don't forget to get the MBs in (ES if getting resisted). Personally on backup heal I don't throw in a Cure unless their HP is below half, if that's happening often your healer isn't very good :P

Edit: There was also a time when that tuck was quite expensive for someone who just hit 40, think it's a fair bit cheaper now but I couldn't afford it back when I was 40 and the AF was a free alternative :)
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Yeah, I think I paid 10K for my Buzzard Tuck.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Red Mage 42 at last!

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru