27%
none. Im sticking with the original jobs
24%

Total votes: 41

Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

FFXI Expansion

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Okay kitties, I gotta ask this and although you want to pick more than one, you can only pick one. So... WHAT WHOULD YOU PICK FROM THE NEW SET OF JOBS IN THE NEW FFXI EXPANSION!!!!!

*votes Corsair*
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Undine
Tomcat

Post by Undine »

I have to go with Corsair. i mean its a pirate and they are the thfs of the sea :)
Charaters: Undine- Caitsith, Shika- Alexander/Unicorn, Celsius- Cerberus

[url=http://www.nationstates.net/windurst1]Visit the ture windurst ^^![/url]

[img]http://test256.free.fr/UN%20Cards/catgirls4hn.jpg[/img]
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Puppetmaster all the way!!!
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Yukira
Feral Cat

Post by Yukira »

Bluemage sounds really interesting. :)
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

I'm torn between puppetmaster and blue mage. I have to say puppetmaster though, cause Blue Mage if done right will probably be a bit complex for me.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Heh, none of the newbies for me (at least not yet) since I'm not that impressed with them yet, but who knows, maybe they'll get that way. o.o;

Currently planning on leveling NIN after PLD, so that's the current choice. ^^
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Corsair for me, I want that sexy AF ;) and the job changes with different party members {Excitement!}
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

Undine wrote:I have to go with Corsair. i mean its a pirate and they are the thfs of the sea :)
its..not...a..pirate.... -.- its a Gambler

ndI am going for Blue Mage first
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

I will definitly try BLU, but rrreally its RDM all the way.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

None, at least not in the first few months after release.
Tho I must say Puppetmaster draws my curiousity.
There will be too many people trying them out to really get into what the job can do in a regular partysetup.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Lynnx
Tomcat

Post by Lynnx »

Either Corsair orrr Puppet Man.

Ill go with none. :)
You can't have slaughter without laughter. ^_^
Tough titty says the kitty when the milk is shitty.

Man found mouse in house.
Man throws mouse in fire outside.
Mouse catches fire.
Mouse runs back inside house.
House catches fire.
House burns down.
True story.
True karma.

What's the difference between light and hard?
You can sleep with a light on.

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case.
Coincidence? I think not.

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken.

Don't worry, it only seems kinky the first time.

Love is not the dying moan of a distant violin - it's the triumphant twang of a bedspring. ~S.J. Perelman

Having sex is like playing bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.

A dirty book is rarely dusty.

Pick up line: I think I could fall madly in bed with you.
Stats: 0/12 >_<; (So what if they arrre married)

Love is a matter of chemistry, but sex is a matter of physics.

I'd like to meet the person who invented sex and see what he's working on now.

Never let the little head do the thinking for the big head.

The only thing wrong with being an atheist is that there's nobody to talk to during an orgasm.

I once knew a woman who offered her honor
So I honored her offer
And all night long I was on her and off her.

A chicken and an egg are lying in bed. The chicken is smoking a cigarette with a satisfied smile on its face and the egg is frowning and looking put out. The egg mutters to no one in particular, "I guess we answered that question."

Life is uncensored, be prepared to blush.

You are the flaming poop on the porch of life!

Happiness is like pissing yourself... everyone else can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
Euro
Kitten

Post by Euro »

Heres the way to look at it, its going to be imppossiable to level the jobs once the expansion comes out. Why, everyone will want to try them and there will be no mobs to kill. I plan to wait like a month and then try them, but i do see this as a cash making oppertuinity...... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
#1 rule of MMORPG, never piss off the main healer, we tend to forget you if you do
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

I don't think the sudden influx of new jobs will be THAT sudden. I mean, we have to figure out how to unlock them first..
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

JediKitsune wrote:I don't think the sudden influx of new jobs will be THAT sudden. I mean, we have to figure out how to unlock them first..
The Japanese will know the details on unlocking new jobs about 2 - 3 weeks BEFORE the expansion is released. We will know those details a little before the release.

Even if we have to figgure it out as we go, we will know everything withing 12 hours after the release.

There will be a steady stream of people unlocking these jobs.

I love a parade.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Undine
Tomcat

Post by Undine »

But what if they invole NM fights. remember the liens for npc :lol: and if the jps know 2-3 weeks before it comes out they must already know :wink:

Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

I've been begging for Blue Mage since I started playing FF11, so I'll unlock them all... but start off with blue mage.
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

NM fight? Pfft I can solo the DRG dragon and the NIN leeches, it'll be a walk over for anyone with a 60+ job really since the quests would be designed for a party of 30-35s no doubt.

Get a buddy and do some duoing, that's what I'm gonna do :)
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Sugami wrote:NM fight? Pfft I can solo the DRG dragon and the NIN leeches, it'll be a walk over for anyone with a 60+ job really since the quests would be designed for a party of 30-35s no doubt.

Get a buddy and do some duoing, that's what I'm gonna do :)
Ah but can you solo the gob named Chuck norris? :lol:
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Crispleaf
Housecat

Post by Crispleaf »

I think I'll go with Blue Mage, if I do level any of the new jobs.

I'd only do it on the off-chance that Blue Mage would make a useful sub-job for my other mage jobs... sort of doubt it, but you never know ;)

Problem is, there isn't a Blue Mage in Final Fantasy Tactics... what will I ever do with my poor sig? :oops:
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~crispl3af/level.JPG[/img]
Bastok Rank 8-1, Windurst Rank 10
Rise of Zilart Completed
Chains of Promathia Completed
Treasures of Aht Urghan Rank 2
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

There isn't? There's one in FFTA and it sucks!

Looks like the majority are interested in the new jobs :) still 33% have the biggest geographic in not being interested in them :P
Euro
Kitten

Post by Euro »

Once it settles down and not everyone is doing the new jobs, I do plan to try out puppetmaster.....but until then, I will just watch and see all the new jobs get slaughtered in the dunes :twisted: :lol:
#1 rule of MMORPG, never piss off the main healer, we tend to forget you if you do
Undine
Tomcat

Post by Undine »

Euro wrote:Once it settles down and not everyone is doing the new jobs, I do plan to try out puppetmaster.....but until then, I will just watch and see all the new jobs get slaughtered in the dunes :twisted: :lol:
Sounbds liek fun can i join ya :lol:

Althaia
Tomcat

Post by Althaia »

At first I would have said Corsair all the way, but I'm not big into gilsink jobs... and all that card buff/debuff stuff just makes me go "meh" -- honestly, I would have been happier with a melee class pirate, but I understand the logic behind having a "gambler" type and also applaud developers for putting something this interesting in for people who want something different/new.

So Blue Mage is the one I'm looking forward to the most, but I'll want to get all three new jobs. :D
~[url=http://adventuresalthaia.blogspot.com/]Alth Aaiaa: Bio and Music[/url]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Astragem14/CharGallery/MithraPrideSig.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.bismarckcommunity.com/]Member of the Bismarck Server Community[/url]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Althaia wrote:At first I would have said Corsair all the way, but I'm not big into gilsink jobs... and all that card buff/debuff stuff just makes me go "meh" -- honestly, I would have been happier with a melee class pirate, but I understand the logic behind having a "gambler" type and also applaud developers for putting something this interesting in for people who want something different/new.

So Blue Mage is the one I'm looking forward to the most, but I'll want to get all three new jobs. :D
I've heard the "hexa-gun"(?) will be ammoless so no big gil sink there. Interesting thought since Corsair job abilities are luck based meaning no stat should effect your "luck" (unlike other FFs when you have a Luck stat) so what stats should a Corsair aim to boost? The way I see it there'll be two types of Corsair. DD and support (given it's a support role but you know what I mean), so DD obviously goes down the path of Acc -> DEX-> Att -> STR like the others with subs like WAR, THF, NIN (maybe SAM?) and support goes for MND and MP and subs WHM or RDM, maybe even SMN.

For Blue Mage I'm guessing they'll probably want an even mix of INT, MND and maybe MP, being a mage afterall.

Puppetmaster I'm guessing will want CHR like BST but I could be wrong. They'd probably also want some DD stuff to as to not completely rely on their puppet.

That's my 2gil :) will be interesting when it comes out and people start experimenting with different stat boosts and such :)
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Sugami wrote:so what stats should a Corsair aim to boost? The way I see it there'll be two types of Corsair. DD and support (given it's a support role but you know what I mean), so DD obviously goes down the path of Acc -> DEX-> Att -> STR like the others with subs like WAR, THF, NIN (maybe SAM?) and support goes for MND and MP and subs WHM or RDM, maybe even SMN.
Stats? For me the big question is the subjobs.

The sheeple who play this game will see RANGED and all go /NIN for a second Racc knife..... Personally I think that COR/BRD might be the way to go. At least untill 20 or 30. Early CORs will mimic RNGs in the gear as much as possible.
Sugami wrote:For Blue Mage I'm guessing they'll probably want an even mix of INT, MND and maybe MP, being a mage afterall.
Ah, but we have the sheeple stampede again. Seeing as BLU will run off MPs, and every Mage MUST be a back up healer, all the BLUs will be forced to go BLU/WHM. A few brave souls will attempt BLU/RDM leading to a flame war renansance on forums web wide. As the enemy spells will be a mix of White and Black magic, they will derss like RDMs.
Sugami wrote:Puppetmaster I'm guessing will want CHR like BST but I could be wrong. They'd probably also want some DD stuff to as to not completely rely on their puppet.
I would guess that CHR has nothing to do with PUP. I could be wrong as PUP, like BRD. is based on the preformance arts. They fight H2H so /MNK will be the most common sub, at least for a while. If the puppet can be buffed like an NPC buddy, /WHM will be a great solo combo, asuming that PUPs can solo at all. Look for fairly straightforward DD builds.

Bitneko
Tomcat

Post by Bitneko »

I have to get a job to lvl 30 first since they're extra jobs.

But when I do, I'll do BLU because I'm a BLU fanatic...
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Tsybil wrote:Stats? For me the big question is the subjobs.

The sheeple who play this game will see RANGED and all go /NIN for a second Racc knife..... Personally I think that COR/BRD might be the way to go. At least untill 20 or 30. Early CORs will mimic RNGs in the gear as much as possible.
Well if you know what stats are wanted to boost will help you pick out a more suitable subjob.

And no I don't think the gun will require ranged accuracy considering it's ammoless and would deal out enfeebles, so I'm guessing the chance of landing an enfeeble would be based on skill and a stat, much like it is for RDM.
The job itself is meant to be a DD-support role. Support coming from the gun and the card abilities, DD from the primary weapon(s). Considering Corsairs will be using daggers as their weapon of choice it kind of begs the question as to how they'll deliver the damage.

As for Blue Mage being forced into backup healing I don't think so, they'll probably take a more active DD role like BLM if they're able to do some nice damage. Considering their abilities will be all offensive I'm guessing they'll want INT over MND.
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

not all of BLU will be offensive, mobs have alot of defenceive and healing moves too
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Sugami wrote:As for Blue Mage being forced into backup healing I don't think so, they'll probably take a more active DD role like BLM if they're able to do some nice damage. Considering their abilities will be all offensive I'm guessing they'll want INT over MND.
The BLU will not be forced into back up healing. The BLU will be forced into being equipped to back up heal. There is a difference.

Let us look at BLM/NIN. More INT than /WHM, /RDM, or even /SMN. No MP cost shadows. Dual Wield Stat boosting wands before L 51. In the 40s perhaps 10 more INT than any other build. Totaly unused in parties because every mage MUST be prepared to back up heal.

I will just mention BLM/SMN with no details while I am on the subject.

Healing Breze heals everything in the AoE, not an acceptable substitute for Cures.

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Kailea wrote:not all of BLU will be offensive, mobs have alot of defenceive and healing moves too
Yes but don't you need to have the ability used on you and defeat the mob for exp to gain the ability? Ergo the only abilities learnt will be offensive ones... Still, means you'll only learn AoE abilities, I'm not sure how they're doing this all I know is you must get exp to gain the ability :shock:

I'm still unconvinced, BLU will be taking a DD spot anyways, there will still be a healer and a refresher, most likely a BLM or DD SMN too. Don't think BLU will need to go the same route. We shall see ^^