News for Xbox 360 Beta Testers. Server Migration!!

A place to talk about... anything!
AgentSeethroo
Tomcat

News for Xbox 360 Beta Testers. Server Migration!!

Post by AgentSeethroo »

Heads up, everykitty in Hydra:

Square IS allowing us to move our characters. Here's the info:
SquareEnix wrote:Currently there are thousands of players taking part in the Xbox 360 FINAL FANTASY XI Beta Test all over the world, and after careful consideration by the development team, it has been decided that character data (including character race, face type, job levels, skills, gil, items, friend list, etc.) created and used during the test will be readily available for transfer to an already existing World.

To transfer data (emigrate) to a new World, players must take the following steps listed below:

(1) Before the Beta Test concludes on Thursday, April 2

■World Selection

5:00 March 24, 2006 (PST) - 0:00 April 2, 2006 (PST)

During the time period listed above, players will be able to select a World of emigration. This selection may be altered at any time during the period. However, no changes for any reason will be accepted after the April 3rd deadline. In the event that a player does not select a World for her character(s), the data will be moved to a random World.

■Rules for Emigration

During the World Selection period, a “World Shifter” will appear in each of the four locations listed below. By speaking to this NPC, players will be able to carry out the procedures necessary for selecting a new World for their Beta Test characters, as well as check their current emigration status or cancel their requested destination. As long as it is made during the abovementioned period, players will be able to select another World after canceling an emigration request.

Ru’Lude Gardens (I-10)
Port San D’Oria (I-8 )
Port Bastok (L-8 )
Windurst Walls (G-6)

■Caution

If an emigrating character’s name is already being used in the World a player has selected, the player will be required to re-name the character.

The emigration procedure is carried out per individual character, not by PlayOnline account.

■Transferable Data

Please note that some things cannot be transferred during emigration. The following is a comprehensive list of transferable and non-transferable data:

▼Transferable
Character Name (unless the name is already being used)
Character Status
Items (bag)
Items (Mog Safe)
Gil
Key Items

▼Non-Transferable
Linkshells, Pearlsacks, Linkpearls (Linkshells will revert to unopened status)
Any markers recorded on maps

▼Others
Items on auction
Items in delivery box

Remember to move these items to a bag or Mog Safe during the World Transfer period. Any that items that are not moved will be permanently lost.
And there you have it. If you wanna stay in my MithraPride shell, move to Lakshmi. Otherwise, I'll see you around!

:D
[url=http://www.gamerfocus.com][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/AgentSeethroo.jpg[/img][/url]

My kitty's name is Teryn! Check out her adventures [url=http://ffxi.gamerfocus.com]here[/url]!
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

man PC and PS2 beta testers could not do this...this is BS -.-
angers me a bit
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
AgentSeethroo
Tomcat

Post by AgentSeethroo »

Kailea wrote:man PC and PS2 beta testers could not do this...this is BS -.-
angers me a bit
Well, the amount of beta testers on our single server rivals the population of the other servers combined...or something like that.

That's a LOT of potential customers to piss off.
[url=http://www.gamerfocus.com][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/AgentSeethroo.jpg[/img][/url]

My kitty's name is Teryn! Check out her adventures [url=http://ffxi.gamerfocus.com]here[/url]!
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

That kind of severe disruption to the economy of an estabilished server has the potential to piss off alot more then a group of Beta testers who knew their accounts could be wiped.

This is a very bad call by SE..
Agentblack
Kitten

Post by Agentblack »

Hey Agentseethroo id like to make a Mithra char on your server (Lakshami) as well as keeping my main char on Phoenix. Could i still get a WP from you. I currently have 4 Content ID's still open. My Mithra will still be called Agentblack unless you want me to change it (seeing as your name is Agentseethroo)
MMORPG: Many Men Online Role Playing Girls
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

AgentSeethroo wrote:
Kailea wrote:man PC and PS2 beta testers could not do this...this is BS -.-
angers me a bit
Well, the amount of beta testers on our single server rivals the population of the other servers combined...or something like that.

That's a LOT of potential customers to piss off.
You know, it was just like that back in the days of the PS2 and PC betas... Why? No monthly fee, of course.

I'm sure the amount of players who will transfer and begin paying for their accounts is a very small fraction of (new) beta players.

(New as in don't have an FFXI account already.)
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: News for Xbox 360 Beta Testers. Server Migration!!

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт