What ever happened to the old Valkurm *groan*

A place to talk about... anything!
Undine
Tomcat

Post by Undine »

COming soon to the dunes near you. MadnessTanks, Whms, Blms, Rdms are no where to be found. All you see are pups, cors, and blus. how will you live therw this nightmare that is coming? Find out on the 19th when TOA comes out and everything hits the fan. :twisted:
Charaters: Undine- Caitsith, Shika- Alexander/Unicorn, Celsius- Cerberus

[url=http://www.nationstates.net/windurst1]Visit the ture windurst ^^![/url]

[img]http://test256.free.fr/UN%20Cards/catgirls4hn.jpg[/img]
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Undine wrote:COming soon to the dunes near you. MadnessTanks, Whms, Blms, Rdms are no where to be found. All you see are pups, cors, and blus. how will you live therw this nightmare that is coming? Find out on the 19th when TOA comes out and everything hits the fan. :twisted:
oh goodness no I sure hope not. I think Ill hire Chuck norris to exterminate all the noobs in valkurm.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Pheonixhawk wrote:I finnaly decided to Rdm all the way. going as RDM / BLM I just hope the rumors arnt true.
What rumors? :?:

Oh... found them. Don't worry. You can go RDM/BLM to 75 and never level another sub.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Undine wrote:COming soon to the dunes near you. MadnessTanks, Whms, Blms, Rdms are no where to be found. All you see are pups, cors, and blus. how will you live therw this nightmare that is coming? Find out on the 19th when TOA comes out and everything hits the fan. :twisted:
I imagine a lot of people will level their WAR's, Monks, SAM's, Ninja's, and Paladin's at that time along with mages. People will take full advantage of the situation.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

why is that keavy? so the noobs can have better tanks?
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Pheonixhawk wrote:why is that keavy? so the noobs can have better tanks?
I just mean that if there is a glut of PUP's, BLU's and COR's in the dunes that the people like me who have a job like Paladin they want to level will take said job there to cash in on the madness and get some experience.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

ok I get it now :lol:
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

For instance I am unsure about how to run SMN despite the FAQs and guides out there. But with all the PUPs, CORs, and BLUs who have no guides for their jobs ****ing up all over the place, no one should notice if I **** up too.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Tsybil wrote:For instance I am unsure about how to run SMN despite the FAQs and guides out there. But with all the PUPs, CORs, and BLUs who have no guides for their jobs ****ing up all over the place, no one should notice if I **** up too.
For the most part, SMN heals and uses Bloodpacts. As for the new jobs, just sub NIN, Dual wield, and Blink tank. :P
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Keavy wrote: For the most part, SMN heals and uses Bloodpacts.
For the most part.... That is just not good enough for me. I do not want to be just someone else getting SMN to X level for Y purpouse. I want to KNOW the job inside and out. Including solo Skillchaining and Magicbursting.

Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Btw I had a evil plan last night. Since all the ppl are going to buy the new expansion thats coming out, Im lvling ALL off my jobs to 10 over this weekend. Then when they rush to the dunes, I shall appear Mwuhahahahahaha. I cant wait. Not to mention im gonna be synthing tons of mithkabobs and cloth such as tunics etc etc, for alll the noob. Profit? you bet. Plus Im rushing at the speed of chocobo to get my RDM to lvl 38 so I can finnaly raise. PPl. Looks like Im gonna be busy for a while 8)
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Tsybil wrote:
Keavy wrote: For the most part, SMN heals and uses Bloodpacts.
For the most part.... That is just not good enough for me. I do not want to be just someone else getting SMN to X level for Y purpouse. I want to KNOW the job inside and out. Including solo Skillchaining and Magicbursting.
:lol:

Yeah, what I listed above is what you'll be doing for a LONG time as Summoner in a party.

For MBing I think you do it like a regular MB and issue the command through a Macro at the start of the second weapon skill animation. For Skillchaining I think the avatar starts it. Very effective while soloing.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Tsybil wrote:For instance I am unsure about how to run SMN despite the FAQs and guides out there. But with all the PUPs, CORs, and BLUs who have no guides for their jobs ****ing up all over the place, no one should notice if I **** up too.
Summoner... I wish I had a simple explaination for what the job means and what it's role in parties is.
Unfortunately and fortunately Summoner is very very divers depending on the situation you're in.

In most parties you end up healing, healing and healing.
This does not mean you have no time to summon and do Blood pacts but that's probably how it's gonna end.
Frustrating to say the least but hang in there because it's just exp.

In some parties a red mage or white mage is doing the healing,
In this case you can slow down on the healing, but keep an eye out to the party and help the healer where you can.
In these parties you can get out your avatars and start doing Blood pacts as you like.
Depending on setup you can be healer, puller, Magic burster, party buffer, damage dealer, monster debuffer the options are endless.
Every party situation is different and your role differs in each, summoner is one of the most adaptive jobs in this game, either you like the job or hate it.

Next to that, after level 51 if you have carbuncl mitts and a light staff summoner becomes an awesome soloing job.

To give a starting summoner some advise:

http://summoner.info/

This is the place I got most of the advice I used to level up and gear up my smn.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Shirai wrote: Summoner... I wish I had a simple explaination for what the job means and what it's role in parties is.

Depending on setup you can be healer, puller, Magic burster, party buffer, damage dealer, monster debuffer the options are endless.
Every party situation is different and your role differs in each, summoner is one of the most adaptive jobs in this game, either you like the job or hate it.
Exactly. RDM is diverse and somewhat situational but SMN is far more so. I know RDM, I don't know SMN.

Euro
Kitten

Post by Euro »

Pheonixhawk wrote:
oh goodness no I sure hope not. I think Ill hire Chuck norris to exterminate all the noobs in valkurm.
Why hire Chuck, gobs do the job with flying colors, hell I heard of people quiting cause of gobs @.@
You dont even get in trouble cause its in the programing :D
#1 rule of MMORPG, never piss off the main healer, we tend to forget you if you do
Undine
Tomcat

Post by Undine »

Euro wrote:
Pheonixhawk wrote:
Why hire Chuck, gobs do the job with flying colors, hell I heard of people quiting cause of gobs @.@
You dont even get in trouble cause its in the programing :D
Ya why hire chuck? Jackiechan is much better :lol:

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Undine wrote:Ya why hire chuck? Jackiechan is much better :lol:
I agree :D
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Undine wrote: Ya why hire chuck? Jackiechan is much better :lol:
Cause Chuckie DESERVES Valk.

Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Anyone notice how strong the bogey's are in the dunes? Even my lvl 41 rdm has trouble killing those things.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

You are joking I hope.

Debuff, Enfire, either Spike, Silence, Dispell, Haste, and shields up first. Then they are little problem. On Ghost types I like a dagger for the speed but get a Buzard Tuck for those at that level.

Blink will usually get you the time to recast Stoneskin, and then Phlanx is no problem.

I used to get levels on healing skill Cureing those to death. Of course my Healing skill has always lagged.

/WHM and Banish?

Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

No no no you got me wrong. Of course I can Sluaghter them. But I sure have to burn alot of mp to do it. Thats why I say they give me trouble :lol:
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Pheonixhawk wrote:No no no you got me wrong. Of course I can Sluaghter them. But I sure have to burn alot of mp to do it. Thats why I say they give me trouble :lol:
That is the world of the RDM my friend.
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

WHOA WAIT A SEC. YOU CAN CURE THEM? HOW?
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Pheonixhawk wrote:WHOA WAIT A SEC. YOU CAN CURE THEM? HOW?
Cast a Cure spell on the undead and it deals damage.

The damage isn't that much but it is a fun way to skill up Healing Magic.
Undine
Tomcat

Post by Undine »

/ma "Cure IV" <t>

Bogy takes 150 damage

me: :lol:

Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Banish is way more fun on undead tho, next to that Banish lowers the Defence of undead mobs for a bit.

"Shirai casts Banish III, The Lemures takes 492 points of damage."

*Monks /dance because their damage has been doubled.*
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Undine wrote:/ma "Cure IV" <t>
Ummmm... you have to tab around a bit to target the bogey THEN:
Undine wrote:Bogy takes 150 damage

me: :lol:
I suppose /ma "Cure II" <bt> would work, never tried it though.

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I still hate <bt> for macros.
Anyways if you're engaged the <t> macro works fine, you can even type it out manually, I find you can leave out the <t> if you want to cast the spell on what you have targeted.
Euro
Kitten

Post by Euro »

Tsybil wrote:
I suppose /ma "Cure II" <bt> would work, never tried it though.
Sadly Cure II does nothing really good for damage, hell Cure V only does like 300+ damage
#1 rule of MMORPG, never piss off the main healer, we tend to forget you if you do
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Euro wrote:Sadly Cure II does nothing really good for damage, hell Cure V only does like 300+ damage
Not good damage but better healing skillups than PLing. I put PLing right up there with watching paint dry anyway.