Valentine's Day Event Walkthrough

A place to talk about... anything!
MittensValefor
Big Cat

Valentine's Day Event Walkthrough

Post by MittensValefor »

dmhlucky wrote:Ok, this is what i have done so Far and it worked rather well.

Get a partner in the game of the opposite Sex and do this togeather.

A male will go to all the Male NPC and a female will go to all the female NPC (Valentine Singles)

there are 4 male and 4 female, talk to the 4 of your sex(after getting the Quest from the moogles)
Write down what each wants and what chocolate they gave you.

Ex..
Galka gave Attraction wanted Hume F
Elvaan gave Romance wanted Taru F
Taru gave desire and wanted Mithra
Hume gace Amour and wanted Elvaan

My parnter talked to the females and got this:

Mithra gave attraction wanted taru
Taru gave desire wanted galka
Elvaan gave Romance wanted Hume
Hume gave Amour wanted Elvaan

So we got the chocolates from each NPC and trade accordingly.

then give the chocolates to the moogle in the pairs, like the galka and Hume F choc to get a while chocolate, then give it back to the NPC you got it from.

Based on how well you do, you have more of an option of prizes.
I had the option of the Wand, A potion( no clue what it does) Signing Crystals, chocopass and chocotickets.

It is repeatable, so you can get several things.
The more accurate you do it the better your Prize choices will be.

Also do it with a friend if you can/want to, cause ther is a more Subtle Prize as well.

Well gl all, happy Valentines day!!
Taken from ffxi.allakhazam.com
somepage.com wrote:A perfect match-up will let you get a Charm Wand, and on your second "excellent match" you can get a Charm Wand +1. Note that if you are grouped and your partner are in the same zone when you receive a Wand, your Wand will be inscribed with your partner's name. If you have not perfectly matched them up, you will receive your choice of HQ crystals, Chocobo Ticket or Chocopasses. If you have matched them up perfectly, you can choose those rewards, the appropriate Wand, or a Romance Potion, which restores HP.

Valentione Single NPCs:

Bastok Markets
Tarutaru Female: G-9
Tarutaru Male: J-10
Mithra: G-8
Galka: G-4

Bastok Mines
Hume Male: G-8
Hume Female: H-7
Elvaan Male: E-8
Female Elvaan: I-7

South San d'Oria
Hume Female: J-8
Hume Male: L-7
Elvaan Female: C-6
Elvaan Male: E-7

North San d'Oria
Tarutaru Female: K-9
Tarutaru Male: E-6
Mithra: H-8
Galka: D-9

Windurst Waters
Hume Female: J-9 (Windurst Waters South)
Hume Male: G-10 (Windurst Waters North)
Elvaan Female: K-6 (Windurst Waters North)
Elvaan Male: F-8 (Windurst Waters North)

Windurst Woods
Tarutaru Female: J-6
Tarutaru Male: H-11
Mithra: J-8
Galka: G-10

Schedule: From February 2, 2006 at 16:00 to February 15, 2006 at 0:00 (PST)
Taken from http://ffxi.somepage.com/questdb/524
Last edited by MittensValefor on Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
http://www.allpeopleeverywhere.com/
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Thanks bunches. :)
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

lol I just noticed this thread :p thanks for the info ^.^
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
Chaoskitten21
Feral Cat

Post by Chaoskitten21 »

i wanna slap whoever made this event.its a pain.buts it alotta fun too ^^
Something wicked this way comes!
Mithra Dark Knight of MithraPride Phoenix Division
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img414.imageshack.us/img414/3020/chaoskitten19no.jpg[/img][/url]
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

I wanna do this but ma sexeah Samurai doesn't like to do these "silly" quests.... :( WHAT'S A CAT-GIRL TO DOOOOO :cry:
Guess I'll have to ask my other male frriends~ Thanks for the info!!!!!! :D
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

The problem with this event is that you have to have a friend with an opposite gender character. In the my case, everyone I know is pretty much a Mithra, so I'm SOL.

Otherwise, it's just like the Christmas event , even in that after a couple of days, you won't be able to do the event because everyone else is already done.
Nobodyreal
Housecat

Post by Nobodyreal »

I dunno. I don't think anyone will be searching the planet and sending tells to random strangers asking them for quest help on this one.

That's what I ended up doing to finish up my dream robe.
[img]http://users.sisna.com/mschild/graphics/ffxisig.jpg[/img]
Losfuin
Feral Cat

Post by Losfuin »

With the xmas event, /sea all job lvl was your best friend. With this one, askin other LS mates if they have any male mules is the way foward. I'm not wanting to do this one with just random people either.
[url=http://www.fourfa.com/]Freakin' emo![/url]

Losfuin: WHM 25, RDM 21, BLM 20, THF 20, WAR 30, MNK 16, BST 5, DRK 1, BRD 10, PLD 1

Dooom: Thf 25 WAR 14 MNK 7
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Seeing as my g/f and I both play Mithra, I choose to just not do it. ^^;

Especially since both of us have pretty much only mithra mules too. XD
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Re: Valentine's Day Event Walkthrough

Post by Tianshii »

A perfect match-up will let you get a Charm Wand, and on your second "excellent match" you can get a Charm Wand +1. Note that if you are grouped and your partner are in the same zone when you receive a Wand, your Wand will be inscribed with your partner's name.
GAH!!! Now I'm desperate to do this quest with my Samurai!!!! Oh woe is kitty!!! :cry: He WON'T no matter what I try... :cry: Ideas sisterrrs?? :(
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Valentine's Day Event Walkthrough

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting