Solo Drg food, {Can I have it?}

A place to talk about... anything!
angelstar107
Tomcat

Solo Drg food, {Can I have it?}

Post by angelstar107 »

Well, it's about time I do something productive with my life, since my Drg kinda got kicked to the curb by all the parties on Remora (Those jerks...), so I've decided it's time to solo. My Drg is lvl 64, and my whm is leveling quickly. In a few weeks, I'll be solo worthy.

Yes, I know what it means, but that's not what this is about.

Currently, I cannot find a list of soloing foods for any job, let alone Drg, so I've decided to ask for input. I need some suggestions for Stats to enhances or particular foods to eat. Remember! Drg/Whm! o.o any suggestions?

; ; {Dragoon} / {White Mage} {Food}, {Can I have it?}
Mnk 75, Drg 75, Sam 75, Blu 74, War 50, Thf 41, Dnc 58, Nin 37, Whm 42, Rdm 46, Pup 41, Rng 63, Bst 19, Pld 4, Drk 26, Smn 3, Sch 7

[23:41] Starlight: Markov, why are bikini's getting smaller and smaller?
[23:41] MarkovBot: Because you are going to work.

Ninetails Pride! ^.~ Kittens are cool too...
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

I assume juices and au laits are a given...

I'd assume you should look for something with +hMP or +hHP for less downtime maybe?
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

You'll be using Dia when your health gets low to trigger Healing Breath so MP isn't too much of an issue. Juice, Au Lait, and Tanvazian Tacos would all be great, assuming that you're leveling cooking.

I'd also advise Red Mage over White Mage because soloing Dispel, Phalanax, Stoneskin, En- Spells, Bar- Spells, and ProII will all serve you well. Combine with the DEF% and VIT bonus from the tacos and you'll be almost unstoppable.

P.S. Going the RDM route you could switch out the Taco for a Meat dish for added STR and ATK.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

It may seem a bit low level to you but....

Rice Dumpling
Stacks: 12
Duration: 30 mins

* HP +17
* Strength +3
* Vitality +2
* Agility +1
* Attack +20% (Cap: 45@225 Base Attack)
* Ranged Attack +30% (Cap: 45@150 Base Ranged Attack)
* HP Regeneration While Healing +2
* MP Regeneration While Healing +2
* Accuracy +5
* Resist Paralyze

It has some of everything you will want.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Try this link for all your food effects and needs: http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/food.php#Complete_List 8)
Losfuin
Feral Cat

Post by Losfuin »

Rice Dumpling is one of *the* most over-looked foods in the game. Kudos to Tysbil for pointing it out.
[url=http://www.fourfa.com/]Freakin' emo![/url]

Losfuin: WHM 25, RDM 21, BLM 20, THF 20, WAR 30, MNK 16, BST 5, DRK 1, BRD 10, PLD 1

Dooom: Thf 25 WAR 14 MNK 7
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

For the soloing Drg, I'm actually anti dumplings on this issue. Having looked into the physics of the soloing dragoon, Tav Taco's are generally your best option.

Dragoons who solo live life on the edge, nearly never at full hpt. Def and Vit bonus will serve you very well, as well as the mp boost I believe it gives you.

+hMP and +hHP aren't as much of an issue, as downtime is few and far between if you do things right. Healing breath is a powerful toy. At level 50, I can use Poison (5mp) for my 150-185hp Healing breath, with in the neighborhood of 120 mp while subbing blm. You do the math, I stay up for a while.

Atk and Str are nice, but the Def and Vit ensure's we can chain Even Matches and Tough's if we pick our fights well. Not the best exp gain in the world, but better then waiting 3 hours for a party and getting nothing. Good luck in your efforts. ^.^
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Keavy wrote: I'd also advise Red Mage over White Mage because soloing Dispel, Phalanax, Stoneskin, En- Spells, Bar- Spells, and ProII will all serve you well. Combine with the DEF% and VIT bonus from the tacos and you'll be almost unstoppable.

P.S. Going the RDM route you could switch out the Taco for a Meat dish for added STR and ATK.
I've done this since I haven't leveled WHM and can tell you Stoneskin and Phalanx are next to useless, you've got to remember that your enhancing magic skill is half of what it should be, a DC can eat through Stoneskin in one hit and Phalanx doesn't really seem to make any difference. WHM wins over RDM for poisona, paralyzena and all those other spells plus a bigger MP pool. RDM has cheaper healing breath with Poison (5mp) or bar spells (6mp) but obviously a smaller mp pool so it kinda evens out.

I'd agree with Eviticus on this one, DEF food is a must. If you have spare money to throw around some juices would be good. WHM and RDM both have Regen at your level now so don't really need to worry about au laits.

Heck you're almost 65, you become quite wanted when you get Wheeling Thrust, you'd be competing against WARs and RNGs for that party spot (WARs don't get WS until 66) and RNG suck for opening Light quite frankly. Make your own parties, it's not that hard I got quite good at it :) then make friends and hopefully they'll invite you to their parties later. And don't go down that DRG/THF route if you're the opener for SC >.< (which you usually are).

If you're serious about taking DRG far I'd start saving up for those Barone Gambieras (feet) were 3.5M when I got em, probably fair bit more now ^^;; and the Assault Jerkin is a must for 67 :)
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Solo Drg food, {Can I have it?}

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru