Who's In Charge Here?

A place to talk about... anything!
Syine
Tomcat

Who's In Charge Here?

Post by Syine »

As much as I hate to raise the question, I mentioned in another thread that we need some representatives, some "leaders" to be the first to receive worldpasses from SavannasSuperstars members if they are not already on the target server, to kickstart our migration.

In Tigara's absence, I'm afraid nobody has really stepped forward to take responsibility for restarting the LS. Originally, I deferred the plan by just saying "whoever was a sackholder and gets onto the right server can sort that out", but if we need leaders to coordinate with the superstars, then we need to hash that out sooner.

So, who here was a linksack holder and will be getting retail as early as possible and be willing to play an active part in the reestablishment of MithraPride? Those would be my first choices for new leaders. Any other nominations would be welcome.
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

Are sackholders the only ones who can be a leader? I don't even know how many we had... -.-

However, I know people from the other linkshell (quite a few of them), and I hope I would be trusted enough to be considered. I will also be getting FFXI as soon as Square Enix mails it to me, which I've been told is just before the ship date, and am eager to bring back Mithra Pride as soon as possible.
Syine
Tomcat

Post by Syine »

I simply thought sackholders would be the easiest, least disputable candidates, since they already have a demonstrated dedication to the LS, and are the closest we have to "Tigara-blessed" custodians of the linkshell, even though the quest was open to everyone. But if we don't have any here, as I said, any other nominations would be welcome.
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

Well I think for the time being until Tigara would come back that maybe we should have a vote or a poll on what pc version player would recreate the shell and lead it.

My vote at the time would go to Syine because Syine has done alot of footwork in working with the SavannaSuperstars to assure that we all can make it on to the same server. Syine also is well informed on most of what is happening with the game and other aspects of FFXI.

I think we had like 4 or 5 sackholders. Ryoki,Badkarma and I'm not sure who the others were. :roll:
[color=blue][b][i]Don't let fear cloud your judgement, for it will hold you back from all of your dreams ;) [/i][/b][/color]
[img]http://www.drowtales.com/~hightreason/chibilaelia.gif[/img] [color=blue][size=200][i][b]Meeooww!!![/b][/i][/size][/color]

WHM - 61 | SMN - 32 | BLM - 21 | THF - 10 | NIN - 7 | BRD - 7 | BST - 7 | SAM - 5 | WAR - 5
Ancalagon
Kitten

Sackholders

Post by Ancalagon »

There were 3 that I know of, and one is on these boards.
Tigara, Creve, and Siobhan.
Badkarma was not a sackholder, btw.

Syine, I would also vote that you start the LS. If my vote counts for anything, that is....

Whoever *does* start the new LS, let me know if you need any help, I may not be able to do much, but I'll try my best.
Will you
Until death doth sever
Be a bride
Unto her forever?
Never.
You hate me.
Du... hast...mich...
Kismet
Kitten

Post by Kismet »

I figure what ever server I land on that I will start saving for a LS and name it Mithrapride"insert server name here" if there isn't a mithra pride running allready. Or if more then one of the vets are on a server we could pool money to hasten the rebuilding of the LS. I wasn't a linksack holder or a leader but I believe I understand the intent of what the LS was for. :lol: :oops:
Phelisia
Kitten

Post by Phelisia »

Well... one thing we could try is to simply go ahead and make the LS and follow Tig's two rules, one anyone mithra is in, and two hand out five pearls and have those five on at the same time and the Shell holder and you get a sack (the old sack holders of course can skip this... only one i know off the top of my head is creve...) we then keep a list of everyone that joins (i know it's pain... the shell holder will obviously have to do this due to the nature of how the LS grows in sack holders) then when Tig gets on in March we just break the shell, and then give her the money to buy a new linkshell, and then begen the wonderful process of handing out sacks and pearls to everyone... unless tig doesn't mind not being Shell holder in retail... but i think she should be since it is her child so to speak...
Mithrankittycat
Kitten

Post by Mithrankittycat »

I'm willing to take over the world pass chain and purrrchasing of the linkshell, but I won't be on the forums unless POL is offline for maintenance.
:3
Chaotic
Kitten

Post by Chaotic »

yah and since im no were near being a member of this LS I cant help yah ^^ (unless I get to be the pimp and you all are my Bitches...then its alllll good) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I..want...to...stroke...your...tail...
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

You better watch your tongue before one of us cats gets it :twisted: :twisted:

Besides you really dont want a Mithran lynch mob on ya do ya? :D :wink:
[color=blue][b][i]Don't let fear cloud your judgement, for it will hold you back from all of your dreams ;) [/i][/b][/color]
[img]http://www.drowtales.com/~hightreason/chibilaelia.gif[/img] [color=blue][size=200][i][b]Meeooww!!![/b][/i][/size][/color]

WHM - 61 | SMN - 32 | BLM - 21 | THF - 10 | NIN - 7 | BRD - 7 | BST - 7 | SAM - 5 | WAR - 5
Creve
Tomcat

Post by Creve »

It is very important that only one person makes the linkshell for MithraPride. This is because once the name is taken no one else can use it for the name of thier own linkshell there after. Also it should be someone who plans on staying with the game for a very long time and requires a lot of work. I changed my mind about going retail...I'll do it for Tigara and everyone else. Also I'm on really good terms with Berry. :lol: In any case I think it should be someone who had a Linksack since that is a mark of having put thier fur into the shell. Remember how hard it was to get it from Tigara? :P

By the way, did Syine ever get a Linksack?
Syine
Tomcat

Post by Syine »

I did not get a linksack. My inventory was always full and I never had room to carry pearls around with me. Saw plenty of mithra without an LS I would have loved to give a pearl, and could have had tons of new members, but I never really managed to find a time when I could spare five slots of inventory for as long as it might take me to find five members.

Firemyst has already agreed to get the World Pass chain started, and the Savanna's Superstars folks are already in contact with Firemyst and have the plan in place to get us on the same server. It's probably best not to change who does that at this point, though, as it would just cause confusion. So no talking to Berry is needed. Once we are all on the server (or we are unable to buy any more world passes for at least a week) and have saved up enough to afford a shell, then we can sort out who gets to start the shell.

As for me, I don't think I want to do it. If people would really rather me than anyone else, I will, and I'll be dedicated, and I'll play FFXI until the day they shut down the servers if it helps keep MithraPride together. But I don't think I'd have my heart in running it. I'd rather someone else deal with the shell if possible, on the condition that they'll still run the shell in a way as many of us can agree with as possible.
Last edited by Syine on Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Creve
Tomcat

Post by Creve »

Well, I'm going to contact Berry anyhow so she can send me a world pass asap as I'm also a SavannaSuperstar....I hardly ever switch linkshells though and if you knew me on beta you probably already know that. :lol:

If Firemyst wants to pass around the passes I'm all for it. However as far as who leads MithraPride I would think it a temporary position till Tigara arrives.

My opinion as far as converting all other servers so that there is MithraPride on them...that would be a heck of a lot of MithraPride members and would keep members at long distance as well as not know all other members. Especially since recent knowledge (recent to me) shows that each server with MithraPride is a linkshell only for that server.
Creve
Tomcat

Post by Creve »

Oh and hi Syine! I wish Ryoki was here...and what happened to Siobhan?
Jeniphel
Dirty Old Man Troll

Post by Jeniphel »

Siobahn registered here ... that's about all I know.

Try sending him a 'private message' thingy through the board, that should get to him.

Ryoki hasn't registered here - at least not yet....
A flash from the past! ... though it's probably more like a drive-by mooning.
Creve
Tomcat

Post by Creve »

There was also another linksack holder...starts with an M.... but i dont remember her name.... (sigh). Anyhow, since Syine would rather not take on the task of leader I would like to mention once again that I would love to fill in for Tigara till march. I'm not a goldsmith however nor am I one for taking up crafts yet. So in-linkshell-events involving crafts could be posted both here and during the game by whichever member that seriously takes up a craft for the shell.

As far as allowing non-mithra's to join who were in MithraPride during beta... After thinking about it I won't get in the way of that (no matter what hell might occur in March). <--- this is if i become leader

Does anyone know Berry's AIM?
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

It wasnt Myaurry(sp?) was it? As long as we have a leader that is willing to do the footwork at the beginning to get things started. If thats you Creve then you got my support(though I wont be on til March :P )

Amiricle
Big Cat

Post by Amiricle »

Yay Creve. Thanks for stepping up. :) I change my vote from Syine to Creve.
I think Creve would be a great leader for the next few months.
Creve
Tomcat

Post by Creve »

Im in contact with SavannaSuperstars in thier IRC chat room. Staying in contact with them there and it seems everything is getting in order.
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

Thank you, Creve, for stepping forward to lead the linkshell. I feel this solves a lot of problems we were facing as retail approaches. We really needed a sackholder to please everycat.

As for the interaction with SuperStars, I've already presented myself as the representative for the WP chains. It had already started a few days ago, and since I was part of their linkshell, I appeared to be the natural choice. We can discuss this privately if this is a problem. :?
Swipe
Housecat

Post by Swipe »

Yea Creve, we.. no.. I do appreciate it. I couldn't do it as I personally wouldnt have enough time to really do the shell justice as a leader.. and besides that, I wasnt a sack holder till the end of the game anyway. :wink: but I was concerned that if somone didnt take it on.. this shell would be.. well.. gone.

So.. I offer you my respects.

-Swipe
[size=92]~ Swipe ~ World of Midgardsormr ~ Rank 5 in the legions of Windurst ~[/size]
[img]http://www.crystalrecipies.com/qd/Badgercub/New_swipe_sig.jpg[/img]
weefe
Kitten

Post by weefe »

Whatever is dicided upon, please let me know. I enjoyed partying with those of you I came in contact with, and I wish to continue the adventure in the future. I plan on going with the PC version instead of the PS2 in Jan. so I figure I have plenty of time to get a pass from someone. I hope to see most of you back in Windhurst. :P
Meeyutu
Housecat

Post by Meeyutu »

It was Meeyutu! Glad to see if so easly forgotten :( *pout* heh j/k I'm amazed I could remember it.. the last month of the beta I was so busy with work,etc I think I was only on for about 2 hours total. Anyway if I get my worldpass today I'm going to be pulling all nighters Friday (today), and Saturday. Hopfully by the end of next week I'll have my subjob and a chocobo. ;)

-Meeyutu
Creve
Tomcat

Post by Creve »

HI! :shock: Welcome home!