82%
no
18%

Total votes: 17

angelstar107
Tomcat

Strange Apparatus Secret

Post by angelstar107 »

Wow. Who knew touring a forum could hold something neat!? I have finally learned the secret to the password for the strange apparatus!

Ok. SE said the first six digits came from the first three letters of our names. Let's take my name, Ruriko, for a moment. That would be RUR.

every letter has a value from 00 to 25, as follows.

Letter Value
A 00
B 01
C 02
D 03
E 04
F 05
G 06
H 07
I 08
J 09
K 10
L 11
M 12
N 13
O 14
P 15
Q 16
R 17
S 18
T 19
U 20
V 21
W 22
Z 23
Y 24
Z 25

Now. RUR would be 17 20 17. Now, that's 6, the password is 8. So what about the last two?

Every apparatus has an element. Each element has a different value.

Fire 00
Earth 01
Water 02
Wind 03
Ice 04
Thunder 05
Light 06
Darkness 07

So now we have 17 20 17 and lets say the apparatus is darkness, so it's 07. At the fire apparatus, one would think to put in 17201707 as the password, but...

The trick is in this.

Password: (A + Element) (B + Element) (C + Element) (sum(A+B+C) + Element * 4)

so now we got (17 + 07) (20 + 07) (17 + 07) (34 + [07 x 4])

In actuallity, the password for the darkness apparatus for me, Ruriko (RUR) is 24272462.

Everyone get it? If not, check out http://sholin.user.tehh4x.net/password/about.php

That's where I found it =3 just tried to save you some reading

REMEMBER! you will ALWAYS have an 8 digit code! If you did your math wrong, you'll end up with extra digits!
Mnk 75, Drg 75, Sam 75, Blu 74, War 50, Thf 41, Dnc 58, Nin 37, Whm 42, Rdm 46, Pup 41, Rng 63, Bst 19, Pld 4, Drk 26, Smn 3, Sch 7

[23:41] Starlight: Markov, why are bikini's getting smaller and smaller?
[23:41] MarkovBot: Because you are going to work.

Ninetails Pride! ^.~ Kittens are cool too...
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

I understand this and it seems to be pretty cool, but after checking the link I need to ask do we have to trade something to the apparatus after we enter our pw...... actually it looks like you trade a colored chip and infinity core to get your item(thats a best guess) and the colored chip has to match the area youre in.....so if youre in crawlers nest you need a blue chip and an inifinity core.....I believe the chip colors are in reference to the elements:

0 Dangruf Wadi(Fire) = Red
1 Gusgen Mines(Earth) = Yellow
2 Crawlers Nest(Water) = Blue
3 Ordelles Caves(Wind) = Green
4 Eldime Necropolis(Ice) = Clear
5 Outer Horutoto Ruins(Thunder) = Purple
6 Garlaige Citadel(Light) = White
7 Maze Of Shakrami(Dark) = Black

This is only a best guess and you need your own specific pw and the prize you get depends on the day you go also, but all of it is listed at
http://sholin.user.tehh4x.net/password/index.php

IE users will have trouble with the pw generator so there is a link on the main page for IE users

Thanks for the Info Angelstar :D
[color=blue][b][i]Don't let fear cloud your judgement, for it will hold you back from all of your dreams ;) [/i][/b][/color]
[img]http://www.drowtales.com/~hightreason/chibilaelia.gif[/img] [color=blue][size=200][i][b]Meeooww!!![/b][/i][/size][/color]

WHM - 61 | SMN - 32 | BLM - 21 | THF - 10 | NIN - 7 | BRD - 7 | BST - 7 | SAM - 5 | WAR - 5
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Been there, done that, old news, but here's a useful tool to use. Everyone knows about this stuff now. Rune weapons used to be worth a ton of gil, I used to make lots of gil this way till now everyone knows about it and Rune weapons on Remora are worth crap now.

http://elusiveremora.net/strangeapp.html
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Btw, I think your link is broken. I tried it and it takes me to a black web page with nothing on it. Even says "Done" at the bottom of the screen indicating its done loading. :roll:
angelstar107
Tomcat

Post by angelstar107 »

well drat >.> and yes, you still need to trade the items to the apparatus.

The doctor status removes all chance of getting a cluster. This means you will at least get a decent item from it. Rumors are also circulating about that you can recieve ancient currency from the apparatus, but nothing is confirmed. Just some japanese screenshots no one can translate o.o
Mnk 75, Drg 75, Sam 75, Blu 74, War 50, Thf 41, Dnc 58, Nin 37, Whm 42, Rdm 46, Pup 41, Rng 63, Bst 19, Pld 4, Drk 26, Smn 3, Sch 7

Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

Ok so I learned the hard way that trading the wrong colored chip by mistake gets you killed. Went to Gusgen and messed up and an Earth Elemental looked at my lvl 59 laughed and whupped up on me :cry:
I went back and when I made the correct trade I got 2 Adaman Nuggets. On Midgard they sold for 45k each which is decent. Gotta check what the Rune weapons sell for. Hey can you trade more than once to these apparatuses?
[color=blue][b][i]Don't let fear cloud your judgement, for it will hold you back from all of your dreams ;) [/i][/b][/color]
[img]http://www.drowtales.com/~hightreason/chibilaelia.gif[/img] [color=blue][size=200][i][b]Meeooww!!![/b][/i][/size][/color]

WHM - 61 | SMN - 32 | BLM - 21 | THF - 10 | NIN - 7 | BRD - 7 | BST - 7 | SAM - 5 | WAR - 5
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

yup^^

trade as often as you like. :D

On Rmora at least the rune blade sells nicely (100k+) as do the arcane flowerpots. A stack of cermet chunks also sells at around the 100k mark with our current economy.

All the other rune items I've gotten are between 15k-50k. Which barely covers the cost for doing the apparatus run. /sigh
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

ScarlettPheonix wrote:All the other rune items I've gotten are between 15k-50k. Which barely covers the cost for doing the apparatus run. /sigh
Yeah, when I think about it I dished out 60k to make a 40k profit over what i paid(if i hadnt f'd up the first trade it would have been more :oops: )

Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

ScarlettPheonix wrote:yup^^

trade as often as you like. :D

On Rmora at least the rune blade sells nicely (100k+) as do the arcane flowerpots. A stack of cermet chunks also sells at around the 100k mark with our current economy.

All the other rune items I've gotten are between 15k-50k. Which barely covers the cost for doing the apparatus run. /sigh
Like I said before, used to be able to make a ton of gil off of this trick, now that everyone knows about it though.. :roll:
Nhiha
Tomcat

Post by Nhiha »

what lvl do u need to do this? and how do u get it im alittle poor and need some cash
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

Well i dont know about Pandemonium but it cost me 5-10k for each infinity core and its 21k for the chips

1st attempt spent 31k for items got 2 adaman nuggets worth 90k :D
2nd attempt spent 21k for items got 2 adaman nuggets worth 90k :D
3rd attempt spent 21k for items got 6 Rune Arrows worth 1k each :evil:

Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Cyndari wrote:3rd attempt spent 21k for items got 6 Rune Arrows worth 1k each :evil:
You can NPC them for 1200 Gil each.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Hehe sorry I voted "no" :P
I heard adaman ore is a frequent drop with doctor status but all I got was 6 arrows, was bit before the secret came out and all the rune weapons dropped in price. I bought Rune Blade for 110K and Rune Halberd for 11K at the AH and will not need to go back to the strange apparatus again :P Rune weapons are pretty crap anyways, I just think they look cool :D
angelstar107
Tomcat

Post by angelstar107 »

For those of you doing this for the first time, bear this in mind...

Making a good run is not cheap. on Remora, cores are 20k each (roughly), and chips are 21k standard. Roughly 41k goes into a ONE ITEM RUN.

If I were you, farm until you have around 300k. This is a good amount of gil to make a solid run. Bear in mind you risk losing some, possibly most, of that gil without doctor status, or just randomly at that.

Get your highest level job (I recommend something 35ish for the safest run, which is Outer Hotoruru Ruins in West Saru, north of the giddeus). Now, buy your cores in jeuno. there are usually a bunch in jeuno. 5 cores is minimum for a stable run, 10 cores is overkill >> but I'm guilty of it. Now, get to windurst, and head for the house of the hero. There is a goblin around there that sells the chips. you want purple chips! the wrong chip means a lvl 80 HNM Elemental spawning and beating you silly.

Head for the Ghoul room in the rear of the ruins. There is a wall that looks darker than the others, so just run through it. At the apparatus, input your Doctor Password for Lightning Element, so you can become a doctor. This effect is permemant on that apparatus, so you don't need to keep inputting it. Afterward, trade a core and chip to the apparatus.

On a good run, from a 250k inventment (this is about 5 cores), you should make about 80k profit (that means you make back the 250k + 80k). However, you do run the risk of getting something crappy (Rune Arrows). Arcane Flowerpots, Rune Sword, Adaman Nuggets, and Cerment Chunks are goldmines. Rune Weapons are around 50k on Remora (Sword is 150k), Pots are 110-150k, Nuggets are 40k each, and Chunks are 100k a stack.

Make your monies, kittens. Ruri has given you the secret!

ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

This effect is permemant on that apparatus, so you don't need to keep inputting it.
Not quite. The password resets itself after a while. It'd be nice if it didn't reset, but everytime I go visit the one in Ordelle (I like farming slime oils while I'm there hehe) I have to reset my doctor status.

I'm not sure exactly when it resets, knowing SE it could be either the next game day or the next japan midnight. Just know that you'll have to resubmit it when you visit it again. :D
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Actually the one in Dangruf Wadi in in a lower level area. Fire for the Wadi.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

Tsybil wrote:
Cyndari wrote:3rd attempt spent 21k for items got 6 Rune Arrows worth 1k each :evil:
Really? You know which quest that would be? :) Or do you mean just randomly sell em?

Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Cyndari wrote:
Tsybil wrote:
Really? You know which quest that would be? :) Or do you mean just randomly sell em?
She means random NPC merchant. :wink:
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I believe different apparatuses have different possible loot, like the crawler's nest one drop rune sword, where's another one would drop the axe or something... that's what I heard not quite sure how true it is though :x
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Tried this quite a few times over the past few days using the Crawler's Nest one. So far, 3 times I've gotten Rune Arrows (bleh) and once I've gotten Cermet Chunks (which don't wanna sell for nothin XD). However, twice now, I've gotten the Arcane Flowerpot. On Alexander (currently) price of Infinity Cores is roughly 2k. Seemed to be going up. >< So far tho, if the stuff would sell, i've done pretty well off this really. Usually I go to Windy, get a chip, OP tele to CN, go to the machine, and walk back out and head back to Pashhow to OP tele back to Windy again for my next chip, since you can apparently only buy one per vana-day or something. ^^;
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

lol Kintrra, you can buy as many chips as your budget will allow. The NPCs are open from 11-2200 and have one day off since they're "guild shops."

/em Phe wonders what guild they're supposed to be

Anyway, you may be trying to purchase a chip too soon after your last purchase. Wait a few seconds and try again.

Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

thanks for the information. now i can finally start doing something to try and stop being poor all the time.
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Nhiha
Tomcat

Post by Nhiha »

i wondered how much fame i might need to get thise quest
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

None^^

Just get an infinity core from the AH, and go visit your freindly neighborhood chip dealer. Then you just need to be able to get too the apparatus in one piece lol.

Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

ScarlettPheonix wrote:lol Kintrra, you can buy as many chips as your budget will allow. The NPCs are open from 11-2200 and have one day off since they're "guild shops."

/em Phe wonders what guild they're supposed to be

Anyway, you may be trying to purchase a chip too soon after your last purchase. Wait a few seconds and try again.
I waited thru 3/4 of a Vanaday before my (admittedly short) patience wore out and I left. ^^;
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Kintrra wrote:
ScarlettPheonix wrote:....Anyway, you may be trying to purchase a chip too soon after your last purchase. Wait a few seconds and try again.
I waited thru 3/4 of a Vanaday before my (admittedly short) patience wore out and I left. ^^;
Should be a few seconds like any normal Guild shop :?:

Nhiha
Tomcat

Post by Nhiha »

so they chips can be bought in windy?
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Colored chips can be bought in any of the 3 main nations. Used to be you could only by them from the nation that is in #1 slot for conquest but last time I bought chips, the nation I went to wasn't in first so I think they must have changed it to any conquest rank now. 8)
Nhiha
Tomcat

Post by Nhiha »

were do you buy the colored chips and what are the infinty cores under in the AH
angelstar107
Tomcat

Post by angelstar107 »

There are 3 goblin vendors in Vanadiel. Sandy, Windy, and Bastok.

Sandy's is in North San d'Oria, lower level, near the zone to Port. Behind some lumber, there is a goblin who sells the chips

In Windy, near the house of the hero, there is a ramp that decends downward. At the bottom of the ramp, under the overpass, is a gob that sell the chips.

And I don't know where in Bastok the vendor is.

Cores are under Misc items. They kinda go hand in hand (or paw in paw in my case) with things like the Damp Scroll, and other weird items <o.o>