In-game marriages

Kintrra
Queen Cat

In-game marriages

Post by Kintrra »

Just got a few questions about this, as I got a friend in-game who's getting married here soon. However, she prefers to keep her game life and her real life seperate. She don't trust SE. Personally, I don't blame her. XD

anywho, few question.

· Does SE give any info about the other person to the other person? I don't figure they do, but like I said, she prefers to kinda keep private stuff private ya know?

· Does SE ask for anything other than what's on the info sheet for the marriage? Simple enough question. ^^;

· Does SE tell the Chaperone anything of the same types as concerned above? Once again, I don't figure so, but I'm just double-checking for my friend's sake. ^^

Other than that, what all's involved in these things? The ceremony and stuff and what not? I'm curious to this myself as well. Only been in the game about 8 months or so, and never been invited to any of these....what's gonna happen that I should cover my ears about and hide my tail for? XD
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Aony
Housecat

Post by Aony »

I havn't been to one of those myself but I've got a friend who's getting married and i'm invited :D from the information i've heard....

1: no SE wont care one bit about all the info, they figure you can do all that yourself so why risk messin it up

2: No, all that's asked for on the sheet is all they ask for.

3: nope, see above

4: I think they go for a ceremony thing alot like a real one, just god changed to Altana and little things about Earth to Vana'diel, so if you've ever been to a real wedding (like I have when my dad got remarried, just with the priest being an Elvis Impersonator) you know basically what to expect.
[url=http://www.imageshack.us][img]http://img100.echo.cx/img100/6779/sigaony7am.gif[/img][/url]

thf: 70 drg: 50 nin: 36 smn: 30 whm: 33 blm: 21 war: 25 drk: 13 sam: 10 brd: 9 mnk: 10 pld: 10 Blu: 8 cor: 11 pup: 5

All Thief AF obtained! :thumb:

http://img380.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wheresyourgod1sh.jpg
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

In game onry. No external things will apply. Heck, you can't even share a Mog House or storage facuilites let alone anything else.

A chaperone only needs the info asked for on the forms.

The ceromonies are different depending on the nation it is held in. I have attended a Windurst marrage ceromony, which revolves around sharing food. San d'oria weddings require everyone to wear weapons. I suppose Bastok weddings involve bribing a Senator, but I don't know.

The parts that you should cover your ears about and hide your tail for should be in private, after the ceromony.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

kk, Thanks kitties. ^^b
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Question. Why doesn't SE allow same sex marriages? Such as mithra and mithra (hawt lol :lol: ) or a elvaan female and a hume female? It really shouldn't matter should it? Hell some people are guys in r/l and play female characters or vice versa. So why should it matter if its same sex marriages in game? :?:
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

That subject has been brought up on these forums at least once before, and I believe our best guess is that they don't want to offend people. I think someone once said that despite the fact that homosexuality is in manga, alot of the Shoujo stuff to be sure, same-sex marriges aren't really brought up.

I wouldn't swear by that, as that's something I think I remember hearing someone else say. But now that I think about it, it kinda makes sense.

A good friend of mine is one of two people translating a couple Yaoi games. Cafe Lindbergh and Birdie I think... Anyways, there's alot of different guy/guy issues in there, some stuff that even creeps me out. But I can't recall one point in either of them where marrige is brought up...
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

For the record, Yaoi stuff is generally just pure sex, no real love involved... It's basically guy on guy pr0n kinda stuff.

In situations where there's more relationship involved, it's called 'shounen ai', which basically means 'boy love'.

Anyways, I think a big reason there isn't same-sex marriage is because the majority of the Japanese population doesn't even acknowledge same-sex relationships. The Japanese are actually pretty closed-minded when it comes to this sort of thing.
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

:P Beh. When I said Yaoi, I meant there was male/male relations with graphic sex. I consider Shounen-Ai to be the same thing, but nothing graphic or even implied some times. In the Yaoi games I'm thinking of there is alot in the way of real love involved.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.

Losfuin
Feral Cat

Post by Losfuin »

Ambrey wrote:Question. Why doesn't SE allow same sex marriages?
Look at the real-life issues over same-sex marriages. There's all the explanation you need, in short.

To extend a bit, the idea of in-game heterosexual marriages can cause enough squirming and issues as is. Now, it's safe to say that most people see male/female relationships as more "proper" than homosexual ones. So, take all your issues from RL same-sex marriages, add that to all the issues stemming from in-game marriages, and you have one melting pot of problems.

All of which ignores the fact that Galka can marry, even though they have no gender (biologically, at least - but I'll try and keep my degree-level gender-issue talk to a minimum :) )
I suppose Bastok weddings involve bribing a Senator, but I don't know.
Haha, that's awesome :)

edit - forgot to mention, I've noticed a lot of people on the Alla forums aren't bothering with applying for "official" in-game marriages, but coming up with their own ceremonies with their LS members and the like. Given the stories of people applying for marriages as soon as they were introduced but still not being accepted for them, it's not surprising. Moreover, such ideas help get around the issue of no homosexual in-game marriages. A lack of officalness, perhaps, but better than nothing.
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

i kinda wish society had the old roman view of sexuality, which was.

"hey you, your pretty, lets f***"

there were no distinctions between hetro- and homosexuality, they would look at us today and laugh >.>;
Nhiha
Tomcat

Post by Nhiha »

uh im interested on this as well what did you mean "not accpeted"
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Nivez wrote:i kinda wish society had the old roman view of sexuality, which was.

"hey you, your pretty, lets f***"

there were no distinctions between hetro- and homosexuality, they would look at us today and laugh >.>;
That far better decribes the Greeks than the Romans. In the days of the Empire, same sex relations were officaly frowned on. During the Republic, It was more of a relaxed approach, but not as open as the Greeks.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Nekiu
Big Cat

Post by Nekiu »

Shonan-Ai FTW! Just like my old signature and one of my favorite webcomics ^^
http://kudasai.stripspace.com/
[img]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5814/mithrafishing2pc.jpg[/img]
Losfuin
Feral Cat

Post by Losfuin »

Nhiha wrote:uh im interested on this as well what did you mean "not accpeted"
From what I understand, when two characters wish to marry, they somehow notify SE. They're then entered into a lottery system, which picks - at random - which couples can take part in official weddings. Said system seems to take no account of how long ago you applied for your marriage. Hence why people come up with their own ceremonies.
Nhiha
Tomcat

Post by Nhiha »

ok well that kinda sux wonder why they did that
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Nhiha wrote:ok well that kinda sux wonder why they did that
The person preforming the ceromony is a GM. There are three places to wed in each city. These are probably the bottlenecks.

As to the restrictions on same sex mariages... covered above.

I have been asked to chaperon a wedding. the best odds on getting a ceromony were 6%. The couple broke up before a date could be found. They may be getting back together again, here's hopeing we can get a date if they do.

Aoisakura
Kitten

Post by Aoisakura »

Good luck on getting a date for marridge. Purrrr they should really add more dates to the weddings/make them easier to get. Been trying for 6 months and no luck... >_< Takes so long to marry by pretty elvaan :cry:
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

:?: Does anyone know what the vows are fo San d'Oria? I've only managed to find windy-style vows. I like them a lot and they fit PERFECT, but my husband-to-be and I are from Sandy...
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Don't know where to even find the vows.

I do know that for San d'Oria weddings the bride, groom, and all the guests are supposed to be wearing weapons.

Shinrasin
Tomcat

Post by Shinrasin »

Make it kind of hard to get marry now of days with all the things that going on. Too bad that they dont let mithra marry mithra. Well it not hard to beleave that SE dont want the same sex to be marry.
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Shinrasin/Signature/Shinrasin-Evil-Sigs.png[/img]

[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Shinrasin/Signature/Dark-Shinrasin-2.png[/img]
Merlea
Kitten

Post by Merlea »

Tianshii wrote::?: Does anyone know what the vows are fo San d'Oria? I've only managed to find windy-style vows. I like them a lot and they fit PERFECT, but my husband-to-be and I are from Sandy...
Never even heard the vows myself, i do know (As being a chaperone to many and none getting the marriage lol) that you can get married at any of the places no matter what your nation is, my friend was from sandy and wanted a bastok style, thats the whole idea of picking the style ^^;

As for the lottery, its not really a full out system, if you were the only one to apply for the date you will get it, but if theres more than one (which seems all dates are that now...high demand on marriage lol) then it gets entered into a lottery. Another friend has been a chaperone for almost a year doing this for a couple, only reason they keep trying is cause they are a real life couple, so more power there lol

On the whole same-sex issue, i'm pretty sure its for the reason of how some people can be with it irl, pull that into the game and omg lol and someone already said the issues with marriage anyways in the game, some people are close minded on it, its life, would be nice to have the same-sex into the game too, but i don't think it ever will. Thats why my friends made a male and female for their couple.
Meow, Just Meow!
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

Merlea wrote: Never even heard the vows myself, i do know (As being a chaperone to many and none getting the marriage lol) that you can get married at any of the places no matter what your nation is, my friend was from sandy and wanted a bastok style, thats the whole idea of picking the style ^^;
I've been chaperone before as well (twice & the couples never won the lotto :( )... so I did know you can pick any style regardles of your actual nation affiliation. My husband-to-be is very proud, so I thought a San d'oria wedding would fit him better but~ that silly boy, he said to me I could do what I want. :lol:
Ugh... We were shooting for a Sunday wedding because my days off are sun/mon. With no weddings being done on Monday... methinks I will have to re-think days.
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
Merlea
Kitten

Post by Merlea »

Tianshii wrote:
Merlea wrote: Never even heard the vows myself, i do know (As being a chaperone to many and none getting the marriage lol) that you can get married at any of the places no matter what your nation is, my friend was from sandy and wanted a bastok style, thats the whole idea of picking the style ^^;
I've been chaperone before as well (twice & the couples never won the lotto :( )... so I did know you can pick any style regardles of your actual nation affiliation. My husband-to-be is very proud, so I thought a San d'oria wedding would fit him better but~ that silly boy, he said to me I could do what I want. :lol:
Ugh... We were shooting for a Sunday wedding because my days off are sun/mon. With no weddings being done on Monday... methinks I will have to re-think days.
Yeah i don't understand why putting the lotto in myself, i would think it would be easier just to allow so many couples to pick that date, they got more than enough GM's to perform the weddings (half the 6videos i've sen from Diabolos server,friends lol, was a differetn GM everytime >.> )

I think that the lotto is everyone who applys not just by server, at least they should have done lottos by server and not whole game...that might be the problem lol.

Well he said do what you want XD Never a good thing to say but heck lol
I myself am now in the process of waiting for a date for my wedding...lets see how that goes lol
Meow, Just Meow!
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Have you ever put in a GM call? First time I did, there were 15 people in front of me. An hour and a half later, I got a reply saying they were too busy and that I should register my complaint at a later date.

Next time there were 12 people in line and I got my response back in an hour with GM JCBlue. It seems to me they have a pressing need for all of their GM's. With weddings, they have to take time out of their schedule's to preside over your proceedings. Imagine if all the cops in your town were active priests as well? Not as many cops on the street safeguarding your car and house while you're out.

The lotto is because they have far too many requests then openings.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

Actually, the regular GM's that preside over game issues & complaints are NOT the same ones that perform the weddings.
There is one GM for each style of marriage you wish to have (sandy/windy/bastok). Yes, I KNOW it takes a long time to win the lotto for the wedding, if EVER. I've heard of a few people waiting over a year.
And... well I just went ahead and picked windy style because I like those vows~ If husband-to-be doesn't, tough sh*t :P I gave him a chance to speak up. :lol: :roll:
Assassen Summoner
Zeroeth
Kitten

Post by Zeroeth »

JediKitsune wrote:For the record, Yaoi stuff is generally just pure sex, no real love involved... It's basically guy on guy pr0n kinda stuff.

In situations where there's more relationship involved, it's called 'shounen ai', which basically means 'boy love'.

Anyways, I think a big reason there isn't same-sex marriage is because the majority of the Japanese population doesn't even acknowledge same-sex relationships. The Japanese are actually pretty closed-minded when it comes to this sort of thing.
Ok yaoi isnt just about sex, its also about relationships, when you look at a manga and its under the catagory of Yaoi it most certainly contains a relationship or two, yes there is male/male sex envolved and graphic images but that is all based on the relationship they have with eachother

ex. Gravitation
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/Shadowangel0687/faixsakurasigset01.png[/img]
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/00Starpheonix00
Deviantart: http://www.Namine-sky.deviantart.com
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Yaoi: Male/male relationships/sex.
Shounen-Ai: Male/male relationships.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: In-game marriages

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт