Lastest Accomplishments or Goals

A place to talk about... anything!
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

edit: Claim page 101 in the name of Mithra (up-and-coming) DRG everrry wherrre! :)

It's been a while so here's the list in no spicific order:
* helped several peeps in my ls get sea
* got DRG to 15.. I love jump!! So fun!!!
* my choco grew up... got whistle from him... his strength is @ average
* had a lot of fun beating limbus with 6 people!!
* helped my friend launch a dyna shell... w/ a hilarious name!! :lol:
* got cooking to 60.. and ranked up! :D
* made some signed love chocolate for v-day (sent them out too) :p
* beat ToAU mission "the black coffin" w/ some help from ls peeps :D
Last edited by Tianshii on Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

NIN 15. Throwing 8. Ninjitsu skill 5.

And arrre my arrrms tirrred.

Met the Dynamis Lord. :shock:
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Yay Tianshii :D

Bit of a mini-achievement, I got to use my Dark Amood when the latent was active and omg it's awesome :lol:

The "occasionally attacks twice" I figure procs around 50% and it semi-stacks with Double Attack. That's to say the percentages don't add together because both can proc in the same round, Triple Attack Great Axe anyone? Opened a fight with Triple Attack, Triple Attack, Double Attack :lol: pulled hate without use of WS it's just so insane :lol:

Great party, only 5 of us and had most of the Mire to ourselves. Short but very sweet, good fun :)
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Well, I'm posting here for the first time in ages. Does that count? :lol:

Seriously, I broke my addiction to Oblivion last weekend and today was my first day back in FFXI in over two weeks and to celebrate I got Keavy to level 63 and finally learned Pro IV. Now I can't wait to get to 68 for Shell IV because next to Pro IV, Shell III looks like crap.

What else...well, I did some Aht Urghan missions but hit a wall when I found out that I have to wait until after JP midnight to start the next one.

Also, the reason I returned on a Friday was because the living room was taken over. My roommate and his buddies got ahold of GRAW 2 and have been playing it non-stop since they got home today. See, normally me and my friends have what we call "Friday Night Flicks" in the living room. We pick a movie that requires little thought to comprehend or is a childhood favorite and we watch it together. Sort of a stress reliever.

So after leveling in the most boring party ever (I swear to God, we had the best NIN ever tanking for our party. She lost shadows three times in four hours!) and after I leveled and gained an exp buffer the party broke. I decided that I should continue the proud tradition of FNF by myself by watching The Princess Bride. And I did. And that movie is still freaking awesome.

So yeah...as of this posting its 1 am on Saturday and my roommate and his buddies are STILL playing GRAW 2. Its gonna be a long weekend.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Dynamis Beaucedine Interloper.

Dynamis Xarcabard unlocked. =)
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

Tianshii wrote: * helped my friend launch a dyna shell... w/ a hilarious name!! :lol:

whats the name?
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

Oh, its kind of an inside joke, but the name of the ls is "JyeDies"
My friends name is Jye and... well.. his death count is more then the sack puller, PLD & BLM put together! LOL
In our former dyna shell, seemed like he was the only one sleeping things, so when they all woke up... Jye died! (unless I Cure V him hehe)

On a side note: *ding* DRG 16
I had to turn down 3 party invites today :( and change my seacom to {party} {i'm sorry} {no thanks} {time for work!} @ 20 {minute}
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

*Ding* *Ding*

Yeeah, that's right: WHM 65!!!

Three levels in one weekend!

You hear that...That's the sound of Maat crying. Crying because he knows Keavy is coming for his ass and I am gonna make him PAY for what he did to Phoenixhawk.

Now I gotta level...BLM *Barf* before I can take WHM any further. Soon as I get to level 75 I'm taking RDM there next.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

You do know that WHM wins the Maat fight by letting him beat on you until he gets bored and gives up, right? Not quite the drubbing I think you have in mind for him. :roll:
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Okuza wrote:You do know that WHM wins the Maat fight by letting him beat on you until he gets bored and gives up, right? Not quite the drubbing I think you have in mind for him. :roll:
Puh-leaze. He won't lay a hand on me. Once word gets out that I won without a single scratch he'll be so humiliated that he'll shamefully resign.

Oh, *Ding* *Ding* again. BLM 34 and I'm starting to like it. After WHM I may take BLM to 75 then level RDM. Just in case SE decides to raise the level cap to 150 :lol:

Also just finished a Triple Besieged. Undead followed immediately by Trolls with Mamool Ja about half an hour after trolls. We won all three rounds no sweat :D

Phoenix server = (Impossible to gague) (Strength) :shock:
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Blasting my Bard ahead, 52-56 in 2 days. It's raping my wallet, I can only imagine what it'd be like if I ate food.

In other news, spent hours camping Stray Mary for about a 33% claim rate, and a 0% drop rate. Le Sigh. So the next day I log in and procede to butcher sheep as usual. (Requiem everything in the area, paeon and earth staff to stay at full hp, then Earth Crusher ws wipes 'em all out.) When I do a /sea in the area, see if I have competition.

I see a 75 Rng/Thf, crapola. Mary's Horn goes for 300-350k on my server. So I politely ask him in /tell if he's camping SM. He responds no, he's hunting rams for crafting ingrediants. I lament to him how I hate camping, I'm bad at it, and thankful he's not someone I have to compete against. He sends me a pt invite.

First thing I see in party chat, "Stray Mary, {Found it!}" My heart skips a beat, thinking he could be sadistic and leading me on and there is no Mary, he'll take the drop right infront of my eyes and laugh as he sells it, or he'll give it to me. Either way, I mazurka and run my ass off to get to him. 3 sec later the horn drops, and he passes. o.o; I got it.

I thanked him at least 5-6 times. Even tried to pay him 30k for helping me, 10% of it's market value(I only had 40k). He wouldn't take it, saying he likes to help people. Huh, so there still are people like him in the world.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Aww, nice to know there's still a few good people around like that :)
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Eviticus wrote: I thanked him at least 5-6 times. Even tried to pay him 30k for helping me, 10% of it's market value(I only had 40k). He wouldn't take it, saying he likes to help people. Huh, so there still are people like him in the world.
Thank Altana there still are.
Igihstehr
Tomcat

Post by Igihstehr »

Within the last week, went from rank 5 to rank 7! :shock:
My head is still swimming!

Also!
I have brought BLM up to 28 and cried when I saw the price of Escape at the AH. So last night as DRG/THF went to Qufim and got a scroll on my first Banshee! :D
Then I got cocky and chased the damn things all night trying to get another one to sell. No luck but I farmed quite a few cotton cloths and revival roots that it was still worthwhile. Got about 2K worth of gil from random giants as well...
[img]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1026/891925608_d883ad1e18_o.jpg[/img]
[size=75].:|DRG 58|WHM 42|THF 32|BLM 30|SAM 30|BLU 29|WAR 28|BRD 26|NIN 20|SMN 18|RNG 18|MNK 16|DRK 13|PLD 10|RDM 7|:.
San D'Oria Rank 7 || Cooking 22 | Woodworking 47 | Fishing 20 | Alchemy 10[/size]
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

:shock: nice tale there Eviticus! It's good to see someone being nice withough benefit for themselves! That's about as rare as a male mithra!!
Finally decided to trade in coins to get:
Hehe.. I went a little overboard and had extra so I extended my mog locker lease to June and gave 50 coins to a friend toward his Turban. :lol:
Assassen Summoner
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Got lvl 74... again... lol. One more lvl to go. Looks like it almost time for me to hang up my Red Mage Guantlets and lvl up something else. After all I have no intentions of doing endgame anymore. From what ive heard from most of you. It's just a waste of time and gil. Next job up on my list is.......... Corsair FTW!!!!! Do what you want cause a Pirate is free. You are a pirate!!!

I claim this page in the name of all Future Red Mages! Never give up and climb to the top!!
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

Actually, if you approach it with the right attitude, end-game can be fun. The game just beats you down after a while if you start out with the idea of actually making some item progress.

Merits kinda count as end-game and they're really hot stuff -- especially for leveling other jobs. They're absolutely huge for doing level-capped or second job or H/NM. Full merits takes about the same XP as leveling a second job from 1-75.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

I thought full merits were 2.5 million exp (Or two jobs to 75 and one to 40) maybe I was wrong.

Oh, for my update: *Ding* *Ding* *Ding* BLM 37!!!!

BLM is done as far as subjob status goes. Tomorrow I start on Summoner then I begin working on making the money I need for my Blessed gear and Maat fight then go back to leveling WHM the final ten levels (And the Maat humiliation) needed to get to WHM 75 and unlock my first FFXI achievement.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

PUP57!!!!!!!!!!
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

Endgame can be fun if you manage to find an "hnmls" without gear-obsessed scandalmongers in it... which is ... well ... like finding a male mithra!! :lol:
On my server, I revived a shell a good friend and I created in 2005. We do some end game, but no HNM camping. We also don't let in people who put gear over friends & helping others. So far so good with that strat.
Good luck!

Oh and... got woodworking to 10! hehe :lol:
Also helped a friend (and some other peeps who just showed up :) ) with that bat WS NM. Fun fight, got to really work my Summoner since we had a WHM there. :D
Assassen Summoner
Katina
Big Cat

Post by Katina »

:o :o :o

I live for endgame and ballista. only reason i'd lvl a new job is if i'm bored w/ what i got atm and want to take a break. also i want the 5 job combo imho.

support/ tank / spike dd/ dd / stat booster aka refresher

Lvling brd will give me the last job i need to finish the set but in some ways i could combine stat booster w/ my whm and say i'm done. but iono

Um stuff i've gotten done latly r... bonecraft to 98.4 and lvling brd to 11-18 in one day lol so i'm kinda done w/ the dunes *THX GOD*

Shirai i dare you to come to ballista and enter my domain muhahahah

GOLD BALLISTA STAR << FINALLY
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/SilverBlade830/katfinal.jpg[/img]
Many things go unsaid every day with those close to us. But the feelings are always there and true.

75whm//75blm//75war ZM/CoP: O
90+3 bonecraft 60 leathercraft/ alchemy
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Katina wrote: Shirai i dare you to come to ballista and enter my domain muhahahah
I don't Ballista much, mostly for fun.

Then again my nin sub job si still down at level 22 so I don't really have a job to Ballista with.
As soon as that is up to 37 I will take the challenge and bring my whm/nin :twisted:
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

*Ding* *Ding*

SMN 34!

Also, I got an e-mail today from GameFly that they just sent out Bullet Witch. If getting a new game from GameFly the same week its released isn't an accomplishment, I don't know what is :lol:
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

WHM/RDM is a good combo, addition of Phalanx makes you quite hard to crack :lol: Personally I hate Ballista unless it's a private one, it's usually full of people who suck the fun out of it and can only feel good about themselves when they beat others in direct competition.

Steel Cyclone obtained! 8) Decimation next!
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Soloed NIN/RDM to 18 in the Maze. That's a LOT of arrows.

Today Bastok and Korokola Tunnel, for 20.

Then I don't have to bother with NIN for a LOOOONG time.

Maybe now I will actually get to see a Mammet.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

If you want, a really good alternative is to take your npc out, set it to healer/soothing healer and go chain crabs in either the Dunes or Bubu. I've easily gotten chain #4s in Bubu when I was 18-22 or so.

Not much for me in the way of accomplishments- my latest chocobo is finally full grown. NoirPhoenix lived up to his name/parentage and molted into a handsome set of black feathers :D
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Igihstehr
Tomcat

Post by Igihstehr »

Three dings over the week... Up two levels in BLM to 29 and up one level in WHM to 28. Twice in a row, while seeking as BLM in Kazahm I had to switch to WHM because we couldn't find a healer...

But making progress with BLM, which is my focus right now. I look pretty snazzy in my Seer's gear with a hefty +INT bonus to boot (+12 total).
[img]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1026/891925608_d883ad1e18_o.jpg[/img]
[size=75].:|DRG 58|WHM 42|THF 32|BLM 30|SAM 30|BLU 29|WAR 28|BRD 26|NIN 20|SMN 18|RNG 18|MNK 16|DRK 13|PLD 10|RDM 7|:.
San D'Oria Rank 7 || Cooking 22 | Woodworking 47 | Fishing 20 | Alchemy 10[/size]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

After not leveling for a week or two...

Ding WAR72, hello Woodville's Axe and Ruby Rings (Steel Cyclone and Mistrel Axe/Decimation).

Smacked down a 1K+ Steel Cyclone too, Double Attack and crits methinks seeing as the norm is 400-500ish on 100% ^^
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

ScarlettPheonix wrote:If you want, a really good alternative is to take your npc out, set it to healer/soothing healer and go chain crabs in either the Dunes or Bubu. I've easily gotten chain #4s in Bubu when I was 18-22 or so.
Good idea but I wanted to be alone, and that means no Clearite either. Not in a bad mood or anything, just wanted to solo worms to do it. Then again there is this sweet Elvaan guy who tries to see that I am never alone /sigh....

NIN 19 & 1/4 now, maybe I will try that to get to 20. Clearite can chaperon if he tries to get to close. :lol: Save on ammunition too.

Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

DING!!! FINALLY!!! LVL 75 RED MAGE FTW!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server