Lastest Accomplishments or Goals

A place to talk about... anything!
Igihstehr
Tomcat

Post by Igihstehr »

Ding! DRG 55 - one step closer to wearing my AF hands!

Edit:
I claim this page with a loud whoop and /slap to everyone who thinks that DRG is loldrg.
[img]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1026/891925608_d883ad1e18_o.jpg[/img]
[size=75].:|DRG 58|WHM 42|THF 32|BLM 30|SAM 30|BLU 29|WAR 28|BRD 26|NIN 20|SMN 18|RNG 18|MNK 16|DRK 13|PLD 10|RDM 7|:.
San D'Oria Rank 7 || Cooking 22 | Woodworking 47 | Fishing 20 | Alchemy 10[/size]
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Considering the board's DRG population- not many people here are brave enough to go loldrg. :P

Spent the entire weekend levelling DRK. Went 24-27 and the sad thing is- I did it either solo or dou the entire time and I'd probably have ended up making the same amount of exp anyway if I'd just had my flag up while amusing myself in town.

Going to try and get a few parties this week in Hell Jungles but I have a feeling I'm going to level DRK the same way I did NIN- solo. :roll:
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Igihstehr
Tomcat

Post by Igihstehr »

ScarlettPheonix wrote:Considering the board's DRG population- not many people here are brave enough to go loldrg. :P
No, not here but certainly in the game... There is one joker in Aht Urghan Whitegate who {/shout}s loldrg anytime anyone says anything to do with DRG is shouted in the city. I shut him up pretty well this weekend :rofl:
[size=75].:|DRG 58|WHM 42|THF 32|BLM 30|SAM 30|BLU 29|WAR 28|BRD 26|NIN 20|SMN 18|RNG 18|MNK 16|DRK 13|PLD 10|RDM 7|:.
San D'Oria Rank 7 || Cooking 22 | Woodworking 47 | Fishing 20 | Alchemy 10[/size]
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

The only real problem with DRG is that it's not terribly useful for level 75 things. It's a great XP job. When you're putting together alliances for something at 75 and you have a DRG along, you always stick them someplace at the end and usually wish that person had ANY other job rather than DRG (well, now there's PUP, but so few level it there's really no danger of ever having to wonder what to do with one).

XP is really balanced for FFXI. End-game has no balance at all. I bet you could do all the end-game stuff with nothing but an alliance of a BLMS and WARs -- with a few rdm and whm for spice. ><

In order to be wanted in an end-game alliance, the job needs to be able to contribute something that no other can do or can't do significantly better; eg. very nice burst dps, unique useful de/buff, ranged DPS, cures, or statna. All the hot end-game jobs provide one or more of those. The "lol" jobs don't have any of them.

What really sucks is just because the job has balance issues at 75 on HNM/etc doesn't mean it's bad everywhere. DRG is fantastic for XP'ing. Yet everyone takes the HNM utility of the job and then assumes it just sucks all over and then refuses to group with it. :(
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Lots of little things.

Did a few more assaults, went on a pretty good Salvage run. We defeated both the Rampart and the Archaic Chariot mini-boss- with 9 people. 8)

Spent some time on Phea levelling her cooking- lvl 46 now.

Solo'd DRK some in Qufim for levels 28-29. Helped a friend with his GA WSNM and then helped another friend with his last COR AF fight. :)

Then started troing with some linkshell friends in Hell Jungle #1, got to 30 and then we picked up a few more linkshell friends and I got to 31 :D

Late night but well worth it to knock out a few levels on DRK.
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

DRK 25, only 12 more levels. Not counting 11 levels on WAR needed to get from 30 - 37,

Oh well, off to skill up Greataxe. I wonder if the worms in King R's Tomb remember me.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

I am really really aggravated right now.

So today was my LS's Promy event and it started at noon and concluded about fifteen minutes ago and I'll tell you all why it took us 12 f***ing hours!!!!

Everyone kept leaving! Seriously! We did one run on Dem and because PLD rushed in and died we wiped so we returned and we won (Thanks to Shiva on Iceday and a new PLD who actually listened) then we waited around Jeuno for five and a half hours, three people returned so we spent another hour and a half recruiting in Aht Urghan only to get stuck with two godawful SMN's who refused to listen to us and caused us to wipe.

One guy especially pissed me off. "I'm 9/9 on Holla. Trust me, Leviathan FTW" so we did it his way on WINDSDAY!!!!

Then the ass goes AFK as soon as we enter, doesn't tell us, and because we're one Summoner short and Leviathan is sucking royally we wipe. Now I'm 0/17 on f***ing Promyvion f***ing Holla and I swear to God if I don't win tomorrow I will go on a killing spree in Aht Urghan. This s*** ain't funny anymore.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Finwich
Housecat

Post by Finwich »

Got WAR to 65 and got a Gae Bolg for my loldrg that I will be levelling after war and blm. Also managed to farm 6 wyvern skulls for helms, but no HQ ; ;

Going to be a real pain in the ass trying to farm and craft HQ when the good crafting and drop moons are NOT the same. 4/6 NQ with 2 breaks, parital loss on both. orz.

Also got a 24k buffer on my SMN. :) More than I ever had before. I love soloing Imps in the mire.
RDM/SMN/WAR/DRG/DNC/BLM/COR/DRK85
Bravura 6/14/10 WARcat +7
Igihstehr
Tomcat

Post by Igihstehr »

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!
Went up 4 levels with RNG in what had to be my most enjoyable experience in Valkrum. As I am approaching from La Thiene I get a tell asking "{party} {Do you need it?} {Team up?}" And I thought to myself 'Team up?' Interesting... maybe he's looking to link tough mobs in a small group to take advantage of the new bonus for smaller parties.

I zone into VD and look at my map; they're not far from the entrance at all. So I go trekking off to join them and I spot them as I am running. It's three Tarus running like mad: two party members and a PL. I figured they must've gotten a bad link and are running for the zone. Nope... They turn and tear into a nearby goblin like a pack of rabid chiuauas! :shock:

I joined in and as soon as the gob bites the dust, off they go again. They tackle everything and anything in their path: damselflies, sheep, rabbits, crabs... Sometimes two at a time! The WHM dia-pulling and the BST provoking the mob.

Eventually we were joined by a NIN and a BLU and moved steadily westward in search of tougher and tougher prey. In just over two hours I went through over 5 quivers of ammo and went up 4 levels! It was a blast!
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Logged in, saw a guy shouting for a ToAU mission I needed "Lost Kingdom" so he and his buddy (Monk) and I all went off to do it. Monk was subbing NIN to tank and when he had the mob at 25% he popped Hundred Fists to finish it off. I ran out of MP, Monk couldn't get shadows up, and he died. I soon died thereafter and the Summoner used Carby to finish off the NM. Summoner raised us because I forgot to use Reraise II :oops: but the SMN raised us and we all got our CS's and coins so now I can do "The Black Coffin" just as soon as I hit 75.

Right after I got back into Aht Urghan I saw someone shouting for Promy-Holla. I joined and after spending what little gil I had left on supplies I went to Jeuno to help look for a sixth. Five different people were turned down by the leader and his buddies because "We need RNG." I told them that I had a map and there was a glitch on the 360 version which allowed me to see which of the MR's is fake. They respond "RNG. We need RNG." and considering we had already wasted an hour I just lost it. I asked my LS if the Holla run for tonight was still on (it is) so I told one of the higher ranking people in my LS that I was gonna fake D/C and come back later for the LS Promy-Holla run. Well, I typed the "Fake D/C and be back for our run later" part in /party chat instead of LS chat. :oops: After realizing my mistake I logged out, messaged the person over Live, and played some arcade games then came here to kill time until we do our run in about 90 minutes.

So yeah...I screwed up but damnit, I'm tired of failing Promy-Holla and I had a feeling these guys weren't gonna get me a win. I know we will tonight. My LS leader is in charge and he's got a win/loss record on Holla that's damn close to mine and I know with him in charge we will win.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I was part of the first party to plow through Hades new missions. I'm 4/5 on SAM Relic, got Dynamis-bubu win, PUP59, and that's about it really.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Did Promy-Holla with LS. We wiped, but before we did we got the NM to .1% HP.

No joke, if he had Poison on him we would have won.

Gonna try again tomorrow /sigh.

LS leader's gonna loan me some gil and buy my supplies because I only had enough left after this last run to buy three stacks each of fishing bait fixin's. I'm gonna fish, pay him back, then fish some more to get myself back in the black Gil-wise.

Plus I have 5K in IS saved up so I can sell coins if I have to.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

CHRIST KEAVY. I have yet to have that much bad luck with a mission. I went 1/1 on Holla, and 1/2 on Vahzl. Its not hard per-se. You just need to avoid the god damned mother fucking idiots who can't do thing right.

In any case, having SMNs are more useful than RNGs I'd say. With a map from atlas, and having someone who can use their 2hr multiple times is a great thing.

Though, when we did, my fifth run, we managed to kill it without any trouble. I laughed by ass off and went "Fucking nubs,".

Vahzl's going to make you pull out hair. The second floor, BEING HELL ON A STICK, and then the bosses. Ugh, its a fun fight.

Really, Diabolos is a matter of getting a good run, Ouryu getting the right jobs, Vahzl is getting the right people, Trackers is a matter of jobs, Snoll yet again about jobs, and moblin is just too easy.

Though... Airship...0/5 on it. 2/5 on Mammets, 0/2 on Omega.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Marathon exp session tonight. Went 32-36 DRK. {Yawn}

Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Tanked Mammets in Riverne A01, did better then the Rdm/nin, we won. That was yesterday. Today, went 1/2 on Diablos (First was dry run, no 2hr or meds other then poison pots). Did that one as Drg/Blu. Head Butt ftw.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Fiye wrote: In any case, having SMNs are more useful than RNGs I'd say. With a map from atlas, and having someone who can use their 2hr multiple times is a great thing.
Although summoners are darn powerful in promies you don't realy need them if you have a good group that knows what to do.
Most importantly a leader that calls out who does what in the heat of the battle.
Vahzl's going to make you pull out hair. The second floor, BEING HELL ON A STICK, and then the bosses. Ugh, its a fun fight.
I found Vahzl very fun to do, the bosses aren't that bad if you know what to do.
The floor bosses can be cleared with an alliance although a decent ballanced party can clear them no prob.
The BCNM was just right, not too easy, but also not too hard as long as your team knows how to work together!
[/u]
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

My party actually found the final boss fight to be incredibly easy compared to the floor bosses.

Anima played a large part for us but also we were all familiar with the behavior of the bosses and (as kiter) I knew exactly when to use the anima/move on to the next boss mob as the rest of the group took down the rest.

Like all the promies, its a long trek to the fight and there's a ton of stuff that can go wrong. At least with Vazhell if you've cleared a floor boss you can warp to the next floor.

Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Yeah, but that second floor... it wasn't the floor boss (Though, I gotta admit 4th floor boss was a bitch). Hell, it doesn't have one. But... it was hell. Having to grind through the damned mess. I ended up dying, and deleveling to 74 because of that spot.

Anyways. been playing Flyff. Got tired of being an Assist and going to see how much better a Mage is.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Yesterday went much better. No Holla because me and the LS leader felt we needed a break.

Did some fishing, got it to level 20, turned in some more carp for Lu Shang's, helped an LS member get Paladin unlocked then got the /tell that would change my life in the LS.

It was from one of the LS's leaders and it basically went like this: "Hey Keavy, my party wiped in Castle Zvahl, can you come Raise us?" So I tele out there, find the group, Tractor and Raise II them. Went WHM/BLM for Warp and a good thing, too. They picked a lousy place to die :lol:

I waited for their weakness to wear and found out they were doing PLD AF for one of the leader's friends. So I tagged along to keep them alive. First kill after I arrived they got the coffer key then about 20 mins later found the coffer (Well known RMT were coffer camping and we beat them to it HA!) so off we headed to Davoi for part 2 of the AF.

Had to do the fight twice because the PLD D/C'd in the middle of the first fight and didn't get back in time to get the item. Second fight went well, I kept everyone hasted for both and cured as needed.

So then the leader sends me a /tell thanking me for my selfless service to the LS for the last year and says "Congratulations, Keavy. You're our newest leader!" along with a long speech about how he (the leader) wishes the rest of the LS was as helpful as I was. I get a pearlsack for recruiting and can now set up LS events with our event coordinator. I was so happy I thought I was gonna cry.

So after all that I warp to Whitegate and see a /shout for Windurst mission 6-2. I needed it so I asked if they could use me. About a minute passes by and the person asked if I had SMN sub so I switched and off we went.

Did 6-2 then party leader asks "Who wants to do 7-1?" Five of us agree to do it so off we go. With 7-1 finished leader asks who wants to do 7-2? Again, five of us respond. This one was a bit of a pain. I kept getting aggro and died four times :oops: but the party was really cool about it. Eventually got my CS and headed back home. As soon as I arrived and got Rank 8 the leader says "We're going straight to Rank 10. Who's coming with us?" I hit the guide button on my controller, see its 6AM and let them know what time it is and that I'm going to bed. I thank them, wish them the best of luck, and got the best sleep I've had in ages.

Its funny. I logged in yesterday still mad over the whole Holla debacle and also upset that I was flat broke and logged out two Windurst ranks higher with LS leadership and 150K in my pocket. I guess my suffering paid off in the end.
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Ouryu has fallen. 2 Drg/War, Mnk/War, Nin/War, Whm/Smn, Rdm/mage(forget which). He was a joke to take down, and not even because of Ancient Circle. Remember mistmelts, barstonra, shellra, and he's a pansy. 1/1. Sacracium tomorrow.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.

Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Got a party with Finwich, almost leveled then tried to do Windy 8-1 with some LS mates. Dirtyhand's Blizzaga 3 got us :cry:

Gonna maybe try again this weekend. Round up a whole mess of people and lay waste to his ass.
Finwich
Housecat

Post by Finwich »

Exp again tonight? Just make sure my cranky Hankie gets his haste fix so I don't have to hear him crying that he went a whole 10 second fight without it.

Was it better than the 500 exp an hour you got with your other party?
RDM/SMN/WAR/DRG/DNC/BLM/COR/DRK85
Bravura 6/14/10 WARcat +7
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Got and finished Corporal quest, Asasult goodness, Salvage and another marathon exp session in the early hours with 2 other linkshell friends where I finally got DRK 37^^

Burned out my Anniversary Band finishing DRK but its soooo worth it! :D

Finished late enough I still haven't had a chance to play with Stun, Vorpal Blade or Souleater- just wasn't suicidal enough to use that in exp while levelling DRK. :lol:

Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Latest Goal, never to find another party like yesterday's.

Overhunting Yhoator Mandies, party level 25 - 27, lasted just long enough to burn an Empress band charge. 1 hour, 3K EXP.....
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

I can now officially say I capped all summoner related merits.

Now HP and MP are up >.>;;;
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Next in line of Evi's CoP adventures, Sacrarium is done. Most of the others took us one night, this took us two nights. First night was farming(Our LS is now 2/2 on Swift Belts) and then the second night, last night, we beat up the Prof and grabbed our CS's. Tonight, Promy-Vhazl.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Best of luck, but looking at how you and your team have smashed through the other missions I have no doubt you will beat this as well.
(I beat it on a dry run, it really isn't that hard.)

I will be anxiously awaiting the message of you reaching sea, as I believe you have been playing this game longer then I have. :2thumb:
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

Finally got an Ungur Boomerang. Been wanting one since about forever, too.

When our group got down to the area, we weren't expecting to find a crowd, but it was the same old competition thing. Fortunately, Ungur has a PH that doesn't spawn unless she's due and the PH was up. So, we knew it was just a matter of a couple spawn cycles before we either got the claim or not.
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Prommy Vhazl's a bust. Leader of the group, who's lead us through night after night of 1/1 victories, say "Oh, we don't need Anima's." PFFFT. We went once, targeting the tall one that does Impalement and Carousel first. We got it down to 20%, then it did 3 Carousel in a row and we wiped. Second run we killed the tall one, kill the one that makes babies, but we just ran out of steam on the one that steals buffs and does AoE sleep.

Regroup. Tomorrow, Anima time, then we warp to the top floor and show those bosses who they're dealing with. RAWR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Level 68, 16K TNL, and Cooking 47.

That basically sums it up.

Gonna level Cooking and WHM more this week. Also planning on doing some BCNM's with LS members to raise the 350K I need to finish buying my Blessed gear.

I cannot wait to get out of Crayfish paste in Cooking and am totally psyched about getting to wear Blessed.