For All PS2 players, that excludes you pc ppl :P

A place to talk about... anything!
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

For All PS2 players, that excludes you pc ppl :P

Post by Karou Ariyen »

xBox 360 or PC for FFXI?

my PC is going through overhauls. again.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

If my ps2 went outta the running... id say pc..

but then again i made my pc compatable with all my ps1 games...
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Yugi
Mad Cat

Post by Yugi »

uhmmm...whatever works?
[img]http://www.fairyland.to/BakaMemo/catgirls.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.fairyland.to/BakaMemo/riaa-kittens.jpg[/img]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

PS2 is ending with the release of xbox 360, wether or not it ends up on PS3 depends on sony doing the online setup correctly and not pissing SE off, which i seriously doubt sony will do. heh
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:PS2 is ending with the release of xbox 360, wether or not it ends up on PS3 depends on sony doing the online setup correctly and not pissing SE off, which i seriously doubt sony will do. heh
Proof please?
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

One of my sources I read was at ffxi.somepage.com others ign, its all over the net.
Raika Akaizer
FACE STOMPING CAT

Post by Raika Akaizer »

PS3 is in the dark. Nobody really know cause they are behind. Source this source that. Core of the matter, what happens will happen when it happens.

In my case, with all good intentions of helping you with this, I'm picking up an xbox to have FF with me when I travel. Only for travel, because of my nuke reactor for a pc. Then again, I like some of the Xbox games. So.... You'll just have to wait and see if you are bent on getting a PS3. :)
RIP Titan MP.
Kotomo
Tomcat

Post by Kotomo »

PC for me. If it can run Half-Life 2 with no trouble I'm sure it should be able to run an updated Final Fantasy. Though they cap frame rate and that does slow it down. Anyway, I really am not going to pay 400 dollars for Xbox 360. And there really aren't any games for it that interest me asside from Halo. And I got the first one for PC >.>
[img]http://kotomo.is-a-geek.org/pics/kotomo_signature2.jpg[/img]
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/jackrabbit62][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/os/type/2/jackrabbit62.png[/img][/url]
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

I checked IGN and saw nothing regarding that... I just seems to be a nasty rumor circulating. As far as I can see, SE has said in a public statement that they will continue to support the PS2.
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

Prrsha wrote:I checked IGN and saw nothing regarding that... I just seems to be a nasty rumor circulating. As far as I can see, SE has said in a public statement that they will continue to support the PS2.
yeah i heard that myself, the ps2 servers will be up and running for sometime yet. When i had played PSO on Dreamcast the servers stayed for about a year after the DC went under. so i think it will be the same for the ps2

also the last rumor that i heard was that ffxi is not going to be on ps3 becuase square was pissed at sony for dissin the HDD after square had ffxi use it for the faster load times

right at this moment $400+ is too much for Xbox360. Ill prolly wind up doin the same thing i did with ps2 waited about 18 months after the release date and bought it.
[color=blue][b][i]Don't let fear cloud your judgement, for it will hold you back from all of your dreams ;) [/i][/b][/color]
[img]http://www.drowtales.com/~hightreason/chibilaelia.gif[/img] [color=blue][size=200][i][b]Meeooww!!![/b][/i][/size][/color]

WHM - 61 | SMN - 32 | BLM - 21 | THF - 10 | NIN - 7 | BRD - 7 | BST - 7 | SAM - 5 | WAR - 5
Tinacat
Feral Cat

Post by Tinacat »

When i had played PSO on Dreamcast the servers stayed for about a year after the DC went under.

...cause The DC is still big in Japan
sakono
Housecat

Post by sakono »

i think SE will sapport the ps2 for a long time (lest i hope) and the xbox360 the ultra bling bling version is $400 the less ammount $299 is a scaled down version.

this is also MS's last take at the game feild. so if xbox 360 fails they most likly wont try again
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

PS2 Servers? What? Last time I checked, we played on the same servers....
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

JediKitsune wrote:PS2 Servers? What? Last time I checked, we played on the same servers....
we do, what she meant is the PS2 applications, I.E. Mac addys of PS2's going to the servers.
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:
JediKitsune wrote:PS2 Servers? What? Last time I checked, we played on the same servers....
we do, what she meant is the PS2 applications, I.E. Mac addys of PS2's going to the servers.
sorry i didnt mean ps2 servers literally, i meant what karou just pointed out :P
[color=blue][b][i]Don't let fear cloud your judgement, for it will hold you back from all of your dreams ;) [/i][/b][/color]
[img]http://www.drowtales.com/~hightreason/chibilaelia.gif[/img] [color=blue][size=200][i][b]Meeooww!!![/b][/i][/size][/color]

WHM - 61 | SMN - 32 | BLM - 21 | THF - 10 | NIN - 7 | BRD - 7 | BST - 7 | SAM - 5 | WAR - 5
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

Tinacat wrote:
When i had played PSO on Dreamcast the servers stayed for about a year after the DC went under.

...cause The DC is still big in Japan
yes what i meant is that in PSO EU had 5 servers, US had about a dozen servers, and jp had about 15 servers. went sega stopped supporting the dc they didnt just say thats it and turned em off in the us the us servers for the dc were closed at, i think it was the end of 03, which was well after sega stopped supporting but then again by then the xbox version was already out.

Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

It's fine, learn how 2 play.
[Active]
Chi - Level 60 Undead Rogue - Member of Unison - [Rank 9] Centurion ~ 12,695 Honorable Kills - 3 Dishonorable Kills

[Retired]
Batsu - Level 60 Elvaan Paladin - Level 56 Samurai
Yugi
Mad Cat

Post by Yugi »

play what :?:
[img]http://www.fairyland.to/BakaMemo/catgirls.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.fairyland.to/BakaMemo/riaa-kittens.jpg[/img]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Batsu wrote:It's fine, learn how 2 play.
Yugi wrote:play what :?:
If it is Batsu, he means head games.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: For All PS2 players, that excludes you pc ppl :P

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: For All PS2 players, that excludes you pc ppl :P

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting