Treasures of Aht Urhgan Compilation Topic

A place to talk about... anything!
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Treasures of Aht Urhgan Compilation Topic

Post by Dukuji »

It appears that our Friends at Playonline will be releasing information similar to the way the way they do expansions. So, I've made this topic to serve two purposes. One is to keep a list of the official news from SQUARE ENIX and the other is to keep a listing of all of our talk about this new expansion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ToAU News From Playonline:

(9/16/2005) New World on the Horizon: Aht Urhgan!

Images from the new FINAL FANTASY XI expansion, "Treasures of Aht Urhgan," have finally been released to the public at the Tokyo Game Show (September 16-18)! And soon, players will be able to view a sneak peek of the new content from this site!

This page will continuously be updated with the most up-to-date information on exciting new content from "Treasures of Aht Urhgan," so keep your eyes peeled for more!

(9/19/2005) Treasures of Aht Urhgan: A Wealth of New Content!

Starting today, visitors to this site will be able to see a preview of new content from the new FINAL FANTASY XI expansion that was unveiled at the Tokyo Game Show (September 16-18)!

Click here for a glimpse of new areas and a whole new style of adventuring!

Posting about ToAU on Mithrapride:

The name of the new expansion is official now... by Prrsha (9/16/05)
-The opening discussion about the expansion.

TOKYO GAME SHOW 2005! by Tirial (9/17/05)
-About Tirial's experience at the show.

Hmmm next expansion spoiler? *Video* by Jae (9/17/05)
-A link to the original teaser video from the video shown at the Tokyo Game Show.

Combos for Blue Mage by Yugi (9/17/05)
-Discussion on support jobs for (insert-the-name-of-the-new-job-here).

Thoughts on Blue Mage by Tsybil (9/19/05)
-Discussion on possible (insert-the-name-of-the-new-job-here) abilities, mechanics, and support job combinations.

The New FFXI Expansion Will Suck by Batsu (9/19/05)
-Batsu doing what Batsu does best.

Interesting Outside Information:

(9/16/2005) From ffxi.sompage.com:
There are some bits of info on a handful of Japanese sites from small interviews done with the PR team that Square-Enix has available at the show:

*As expected, the Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion pack will feature at least one new job, new zones, and new storylines.
*When asked about whether there will be multiple new jobs, the answer was that "there probably will be, but they could be combined", lending weight to the speculation that the new job shown may have Geomancer/Elementalist features as well.
*The use of level-capped areas is being looked at but isn't decided yet, based on looking at how they worked in the Chains of Promathia expansion.
*A new director has been put in place for this expansion; map designer Kouichi Ogawa will be heading up Treasures of Aht Urhgan.
*The beta test of the Xbox 360 version of FFXI will include up to Chains of Promathia but not Treasures of Aht Urhgan; presumably, the new expansion will be coming out sometime next year, after the X360 FFXI is already up and running.
*On the same vein, the North American beta for X360 FFXI is being scheduled with Microsoft, based around the release of the Xbox 360. It is undecided whether the Japanese beta for the game will happen at the same time or not, since the X360 is being released a few weeks later there.
(9/30/2005) From ffxi.sompage.com:
A few tidbits of new information was released regarding the upcoming expansion. An article on IGN has the basic info about the small information made available. Blue Mages have been officially announced, and are described: "Employing the legendary arts of Aht Urhgan, these formidable fighter-mages employ elegantly curved blades for close combat, while decimating their enemies from afar with fell magic mastered from their opponents."
(9/30/2005) From IGN
FFXI Blue Mage Details
The first screens and a small bit of info about the Treasures of Aht Urhgan. by Jeremy Dunham
September 29, 2005 - In development for the PlayStation 2 and PC (and shown for the first time at the 2005 Tokyo Game Show a few weeks back), Final Fantasy XI: Treasures of Aht Urhgan is the next expansion pack slated to appear for the popular MMORPG, Final Fantasy XI. Unfortunately, other than the few new areas shown during the add-on's video unveiling (Minartia), no other details, or information about the game were disclosed... until today, that is.

Though Square Enix is still pretty hush-hush when it comes to specific facts about Treasures of Aht Urhgan, the company has revealed that the brand new character class "Blue Mage" would be joining the already class-heavy lineup. A familiar job for those that remember Stragus from Final Fantasy IV and Quistis from Final Fantasy VIII, the Blue Mage class is renowned for its aptitude towards learning new abilities from fallen enemies.

In this latest expansion, however, the Blue Mages are described as masters of the legendary arts of Aht Urhgan, and are known as formidable fighter-mages that employ elegantly-curved blades for use in close combat.

Other than what's listed above, further specificities about the Blue Mages are still forthcoming -- but Square Enix has released a handful of new images to go along with its class announcement to help whet your appetites.

More as it happens.
- Be sure to check the site for 9 new pictures.

(9/30/2005) 4gamer.net - A link provided by Somepage of some very high-quality versions of the new pictures from an auto-translated Japanese site.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If there is something else you would like added please post here or send me a message and I'll see what I can do.
Last edited by Dukuji on Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Re: Treasures of Aht Urhgan Compilation Topic

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Dukuji wrote:If there is something else you would like added please post here or send me a message and I'll see what I can do.
Who do I talk to about getting in on the X360 FF XI Betta?
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Re: Treasures of Aht Urhgan Compilation Topic

Post by Dukuji »

Tsybil wrote:Who do I talk to about getting in on the X360 FF XI Betta?
Hmmm, as soon as there is any news on X360 FFXI beta testers wanted I'll be sure to direct you there. But if I find anything out about beta testers wanted for the the new expansion, The Treasures of Aht Urhgan, I'll be sure to post it here.
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
Yugi
Mad Cat

Post by Yugi »

I'm not getting the xbox 360 or ps3..i like the game just the same.^^
[img]http://www.fairyland.to/BakaMemo/catgirls.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.fairyland.to/BakaMemo/riaa-kittens.jpg[/img]
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

I'm kinda curious as to whether or not it's gonna require you to have CoP in order to use the new expansion. Cuz that would suck. And yes, I know it's blasphemy that I don't have CoP yet. :oops:
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Kintrra wrote:I'm kinda curious as to whether or not it's gonna require you to have CoP in order to use the new expansion. Cuz that would suck. And yes, I know it's blasphemy that I don't have CoP yet. :oops:
Bad kitty. No fires in the fireplace for you to curl up in front of untill you do.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

Tsybil wrote:
Kintrra wrote:I'm kinda curious as to whether or not it's gonna require you to have CoP in order to use the new expansion. Cuz that would suck. And yes, I know it's blasphemy that I don't have CoP yet. :oops:
Bad kitty. No fires in the fireplace for you to curl up in front of untill you do.
Kintrra! And to think you're an Alexander kitty. Tsybil, taking away her fires does not go far enough.

/em takes away Kintrra's warm pile of laundry.

I'll give it back when you install CoP. :P
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Nooooooo!!! Not my nice warm laundry!!! :cry: {/cry} :cry:

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

Added new info in the "Interesting Outside Information" section. New reports from Somepage, IGN, and 4gamer. IGN says that the name of the new job is officialy Blue Mage and goes into a little about the job. 4gamer has some really nice pictures of the new expansion.
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Can I have my laundry and fireplace back? I installed CoP last night.

/em uses pitiful pouting {cat} look.

Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Kintrra wrote:Can I have my laundry and fireplace back? I installed CoP last night.

/em uses pitiful pouting {cat} look.
OK, Fireplace privliges are reinstated

Talk to Dukuji about the laundrrry

Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

*Buzzzzzzzz*

Oh, that's the dryer! :)

/em produces a huge pile of hot laundry and dumps it in front of Kintrra.

Enjoy! :D
Thanatos02
Kitten

Post by Thanatos02 »

By the way, do we have any information about any job releases besides Blu? Is Dancer a sure thing?
Fear not: for no-one can obstruct
Our passage: it is decreed so on high.
Await me here. Comfort your weary soul
And feed it with high hopes till I return;
For I will not forsake you here in Hell.
- [i]The Divine Comedy of Dante Alighieri[/i]
[i] Canto 8 [/i]
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

I believe the Dancer (Dnr? Dnc?) class is wishful thinking. The only concrete proof we have is the Blue Mage(Blu?). Side note, how would a dancer class be any different from what our Bards are now? From what I remember of the Dancer class, their abilites are extremely close if not exactly the same...
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
sakono
Housecat

Post by sakono »

dancers would be more intertaining? and most likly female only?
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

sakono wrote:dancers would be more intertaining? and most likly female only?
acualy FFV had male and female dancers, FFT was the nolyone that did the Bard/Dancer split
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
Losfuin
Feral Cat

Post by Losfuin »

Eviticus wrote:From what I remember of the Dancer class, their abilites are extremely close if not exactly the same...
If they were to be anything like in FFV, Dancers were more melee-based, using dances as physical attacks, if I recall correctly. But, yeah, it is a case of wishful thinking.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

I have not the deep FF background that many of you have. From this viewpoint, I can say that dancers do not have to be that similar to bards. Nor do they need to be female. Some of the best belly dancers I have seen have been men. Think of movie dancers, Gene Kelly, Fred Astare. OK my favorite is a girl, Cyd Chriese (Spelling?), but males should be able to have the job. That said.... /shudders at the thought of a Galka Dsncer.

For one thing, a Dancer should be much more melee capable than a Bard. It is a far more physical persuit. Think on this. Every culture has traditional weapon dances. A Dancer should therefore be able to use any and every weapon. OK maybe at only a C skill level.

Favorite dance floor weapon, 3" spikes. :lol: :lol: Posible Dancer 2 hour - Dance on you FACE in my spike heels!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The vast majority of a Bards songs are party or individual buffs (at least the ones I see used). I see the Dancer's dances as affecting the enemy far more than the party. There should never be a dance equivalent of Foe Lullaby. A Dancer should be able to Charm inteligent biengs.

Besides, the Dancer AF should look so hot on us. Head, tiara, circlet or ribbon; Body, tiny vest, sequened push up bra, maybe a short peasant blouse like Yugi's avatar wears; Hands, visible bangles or bracelets but NO gloves; Legs, tiny hot pants under billowly transparent harem pants; Feet, either those 3" spikes or bells on the ankles.

Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Ain't gonna happen. >.> I bet you 1k gil.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.

Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

YAY, LAUNDRY!

/em dives in and curls up somwhere in the bottom.

Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Kintrra wrote:YAY, LAUNDRY!

/em puts the basket of laundry in the washing machine mistaking it for dirty clothing. :D
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Eviticus wrote:Ain't gonna happen. >.> I bet you 1k gil.
I would never take you up on that bet.

But still... how else are we going to get spike heeled pumps with ankle straps?

Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

Blue mage is confirmed, though the workings of the class are in question, my theory is that it will work similar to rdm in combat abilities, with the damage of a black mage in skills and magic. it would have the option for close quarters combat but also able to nuke more effectifly than rdm. hopefully providing a balance and an alternative to blm in a party.

as for other jobs, im gonna put a list of all jobs that could be used in FFXI that we dont have

Dancer
Squire
Soldier
Bare
Lady Luck
Mime
Time Mage
Chemist(or Alchemist)
Geomancer

as for game mechanics that strikes many of these jobs out, most of the Dancers abilities are repeated in the abilities of the Bard, so the job would be nearly useless to create, therefor i dont see it as a posibility.

Squire was the staring job out of FFT, dont see it as a very good idea in this game

Soldier was Clouds class in FFT, it is a posiblity but a small one, considering it would blatently be a FF7 rip off and personally i think SE is above putting cloudish weapons in another game, especially one that has nothing to do with the world in FF7.

Bare would blatently be the most powerful job in the game, combining "mastered" jobs into one, effectly creating a super characer. this was a job out of FF5 that would break the game effectivly. i do not see it being implemented.

Lady Luck is the name of the luck based job out of FFX-2, as for applying it to FFXI, i see very little corilation. it has the potential to be very good, yet very very frustrating at the same time, since it would be completly luck based... as far as i can tell, its an option but i dont see it coming.

Mime, intresting idea... but extremly hard to implement. not to mention what weapons would it use, how would it work? would it mime normal attacks too? it has the potential to be intresting... but it seems almost too random to play, i dont see it being implemented, but would be intresting to see.

Time Mage has been around for awile, problem is, haste and slow are already in the game applied to white magic. however if they added gravity spells to the game it would add an entirely new aspect, demi, gravija, meteor, ultima, comet, Stop, Reflect, Hastega, Slowga. spells we wish we had, would be VERY useful as a support job, could probably heal as sub whm, and would have some very useful damage abilities. demi and gravija would have to be revamped, because in their current form they are way to powerful. but still, i see this as a viable and intresting job option.

Chemist or Alchemist, A job who can make and toss potions in battle, could toss negative potions on monsters, inflicting them with status effects. also not a half bad fighter... its a definate possiblity for this job to show up. though with the current weakness of potions, this job would be incredibly expensive and who knows just how powerful it would be. it will be intrsting to see, the class would probably have to have added bonuses to healing power of potions and ethers... the job could effectly replace rdm or bard in a party, giving debuffing, limited healing, and magic boosting powers to this class. its a definate bonus. plus, this class could be tied to your alchemy craft skill, thus making alchemists truly a hybrid craft and job. i see much potential for this, and could be readily explioted. though, most likely would be like ninja, using potions as effects, costing money to level, would be fun to see in action though.

Geomancer is the last possible job that makes sence i could see. the theory is that it would tank using the landscape, the elements, and i possibly the changing time (day Night) for spells and abilities to make hold agro and take less damage, with the ability to wear heavy armor, this job hopefully could compete with pld in hate holding ability. it definatly would be an intresting job, and would enter nicely with FFXI's existing elemtental effects, landscape and world. something i say should and hope that it gets put into ffxi. lets all keep our fingers crossed.
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Neoshinobi wrote:
Kintrra wrote:YAY, LAUNDRY!

/em puts the basket of laundry in the washing machine mistaking it for dirty clothing. :D
For the sheer sake of pervertedness, I have to ask, does this make me a wet pussy? >.>

/em hides quickly.

also, can I at least go through the dryer too? I want the poofball effect. XD

Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

LOL :lol:
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

For all the people talking about dancer (ff5):

Thier weapons were not high heel shoes. they used ribbons. (long ribbon attatched to a stick kinda like for rhythmic gymnastics or some kinds of ballet-thing)

another possiblilty for them would be clubs, daggers, (and if SE is gonna make ribbons) balls and hoops (prolly under a special weapon catagory for the three) and dual wield.

now seeing this as possibly overpowered, or too much work. i kinda doubt it happening...
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

*strips naked and attacks MP with her thong.* :oops:
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

:?:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nobodyreal
Housecat

Post by Nobodyreal »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:*strips naked and attacks MP with her thong.* :oops:
HAH! *leaps to defend the other kitties parries the thong with a bokken*
[img]http://users.sisna.com/mschild/graphics/ffxisig.jpg[/img]
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

Why is it that every topic I create turns into a soft core porn topic? :?

:P