The New FFXI Expansion Will Suck

A place to talk about... anything!
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Honeypot wrote:A galka and female taru dancing together in valkurm for money. :o
*Squish* "Oops, sorry."
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Camu
Big Cat

Post by Camu »

It could also lead to galka and galka dancing. A 6 man party full of nothing but galka dancers dancing mobs to death. :lol:
Dogma
Kitten

Post by Dogma »

Prrsha wrote:Then explain how 80% of the people have no problem connecting nya~?

The only thing that I can think of is that part of SE's attempt to stop the DDoS attacks is to deny a range of IPs and your IP happens to fall into that range. :/
Ever hear the saying: "When it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck..."

Back in my Diablo 2 days there were quite a few duping exploits, 1
of them revolved around ddos attacking the server, when conditions were right, when the right packets were being lost, Dupefest galore!

Blizzard countered this by... you guessed it blocking a range of Isp's
(mostly Roadrunner isp peeps)

Duping and selling on e-bay was very profitible.

I have no proof that this is the same situation... but then again why ddos a server for over a month just out of spite? I seriously believe it's being done for profit though...

Like I said, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck....

Let me add also, and lets use your figures Prrsha, lets say it's 20% peeps affected, thats over 100,000 COUSTOMERS, thats over 1.3 mil a month of potential revenue loss.
Ph3@r ma Slapaga IV n00b!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

Prrsha is right, its not SEs fault about the connections, dont compare Diablo to FFXI, it is a completly diffrent game, rigth down to how things are done connection wise. So what if every time there is a big update...what one big one every three months or so?... you have trouble connecting for a day or two....well boo hoo lol.... Now I would see complaining if it happens every week or two, but this only happenes one in about 3 or 4 months. Two days out of 3 or 4 months is not going to kill you.
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

No it isnt, HOWEVER, I put the blame on those asshole's at comcast in this city, their constantly dropping my connection and everyone elses in the chicagoland area "we're not sure of the problem" they claim. "WGN News is reporting this and that" basically, COmcast has serious equipment problems THEY DO know about and are treating customer's like their stupid and dont know sh*t, they tell me that its SE's fault, ha. POL says connections should be fine. go figure comcrap is screwing this city over.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
sakono
Housecat

Post by sakono »

for one thing if you can conect to other games and or surf online then its not your isp's fault. SE has been blocking ip's to try and stop the DoS attacks. and to think that only one network card/router is used to conect to the ffxi serversis nuts. there are more then one router/hub/network card being used for the servers which is why not every one has problems on the same server (unless so said server crashes)
Dogma
Kitten

Post by Dogma »

Kailea wrote:Prrsha is right, its not SEs fault about the connections, dont compare Diablo to FFXI, it is a completly diffrent game, rigth down to how things are done connection wise. So what if every time there is a big update...what one big one every three months or so?... you have trouble connecting for a day or two....well boo hoo lol.... Now I would see complaining if it happens every week or two, but this only happenes one in about 3 or 4 months. Two days out of 3 or 4 months is not going to kill you.
Good God pull the 12 ft pull out of your ass, It is NOT a day or 2 thing, it is
cripling people for 4-5 days a week for over a MONTH.

Btw, why can a trace route connect all the way to SE but cant connect to the SE server then when this goes down?

yup cant be SE's fault even when the admit to it.
Yup the world cant be round either, even with all the proof there is.

Some of you people... FFS...
Ph3@r ma Slapaga IV n00b!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanatos02
Kitten

Post by Thanatos02 »

Whatever the cause is, I recommend getting really bent out of shape about it.
Fear not: for no-one can obstruct
Our passage: it is decreed so on high.
Await me here. Comfort your weary soul
And feed it with high hopes till I return;
For I will not forsake you here in Hell.
- [i]The Divine Comedy of Dante Alighieri[/i]
[i] Canto 8 [/i]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

sakono wrote:for one thing if you can conect to other games and or surf online then its not your isp's fault. SE has been blocking ip's to try and stop the DoS attacks. and to think that only one network card/router is used to conect to the ffxi serversis nuts. there are more then one router/hub/network card being used for the servers which is why not every one has problems on the same server (unless so said server crashes)
My connection as a whole is dropped by them like 6x everyday. When the modem's light has 2 blinking ones, that means I'm not connected and no internet.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Thanatos02 wrote:Whatever the cause is, I recommend getting really bent out of shape about it.

Yes, that will surely help! :?:
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.

Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

Dogma wrote:
Kailea wrote:Prrsha is right, its not SEs fault about the connections, dont compare Diablo to FFXI, it is a completly diffrent game, rigth down to how things are done connection wise. So what if every time there is a big update...what one big one every three months or so?... you have trouble connecting for a day or two....well boo hoo lol.... Now I would see complaining if it happens every week or two, but this only happenes one in about 3 or 4 months. Two days out of 3 or 4 months is not going to kill you.

Btw, why can a trace route connect all the way to SE but cant connect to the SE server then when this goes down?

..mmm maybe I like the 12ft poll in my ass, it fells good ^.^
you need to chill geez......its a game, and it sounds like it is startng to rule you -.-
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Dogma wrote:

Its called Pinging the server. I've lost comcast thousands of times, but when I go to ping them, they show up as connecteed even though they are not. Networking basics my friend.
Camu
Big Cat

Post by Camu »

PoL and FFXI is still getting r0x0r3d by the "l33t h4x0rs"? That sucks. :lol:
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

if you know you have no connection but the ping goes through, well, Thats for me, just my modem acting up and comcast being odd... but meh heh
colbwa
Tomcat

Post by colbwa »

Prrsha wrote:
Batsu wrote:This is, undoubtedly, a fact. However, with what we were given with the ever so poor, Chains of Promathia, I don't expect much with this.
I didn't think CoP was poor. But then again I am not you (thank god).
This coming from someone who pretended to be a girl when they first started playing FFXI?
Colbwa:
70 Thief 37 Warrior 37 Ninja 37 Ranger
21 Bard 21 Red Mage

72 + 2 Clothcraft 60 Leathercraft
32 Goldsmithing 34 Alchemy 20 Smithing

Rank 8 Zilart Missions 1-13 Complete
Windurst Fame Level 5
Sandoria/Bastok/Jeuno Fame Level 9
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

So all of the sudden it's a bad thing to roleplay, Colbwa?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Camu
Big Cat

Post by Camu »

Sometimes, it is a bad thing to roleplay.
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

This is a site dedicated to a MMORPG. Note the RPG portion of that acronym, and now I'll ask something more specific. -In this instance- is it a bad thing to roleplay?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Camu
Big Cat

Post by Camu »

What instance are we talking about again?
Lunaleska
Kitten

Post by Lunaleska »

back to the real topic.

CoP won't be that bad if they don't have the level cap areas.

I am sick and tired of those level cap areas. All the equipments you have to buy, all the meds you have to buy. And all the other jobs you should level up for your CoP mission. (note: I have a CoP SP, not randomly /sh in Jeuno for CoP, so we need to level up jobs for CoP)

Sometimes some jobs are not as useful as other jobs in CoP BC fights. i.e. Diabolo BC fight, need someone who can stun, but only Drk can stun at level 40 cap BC, so someone have to have Drk leveled.
Ouryu, best to have blm for ancient magic MB, so someone have to level up blm to 50.( that would be me, and I hate playing mage jobs)

I feel some of the BC in CoP are so annoying, like the first few promy ones, lv 75 rng... I can 1 shot kill those NM... but HAVE to lv down to 30... and fight them forever.

I just hope the new one won't have so much level cap crap like CoP. Just give us some new area new jobs, and call it a day.
=^.^=
Now Playing: Sam
Rng75 Mnk75 Thf75 Sam71 Rdm66 Nin64 Blm50 War50 Whm42 Drk40 Smn31 Pld22 Brd18 Bst13 Drg22

Rank 10 Windy
Z14
CoP complete!
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

I know part of the reason for this. Take for example killing the Gigas for Rank 4, or leveling something up to 25, or anything where you can have uncapped help. The problem is people are dodging how the game was meant to be played. Getting an uber level group to help them, they don't have to face the terrors of the game at a certain point.

Mission 5-1 is capped, but 5-2 isn't. Before they upped the level cap past 50, it wasn't an issue. But now I can have UberPld, UberRng, and UberBlm come in and kill the Shadow Lord.

They made them Promy's capped so you couldn't win through levels, but through skill I assume.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Eviticus, some want a chalenge, some want a cakewalk.

That said, the Promyvions have no place at all for certain jobs. I can get in as a WHM or a BLM, and barley as a RDM/WHM. If, however, I ever level SMN to 30, I will be sought after and hounded to come allong.

"/sh Promyvion <name> do you need it? @ 3 SMN and RNG onry.".....
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

tsybil you dont understand. CoP was meant to be hard. to be honest it really isnt that bad though.

you need to have alot of jobs lvled to lvl 40, a few to 50, and at least one to 60 and 75.

Think about this. most people who have lvled subjobs already have a bunch of jobs @ lvl 37, very very short cakewalk away from 40, and not bad to 50.

getting to 40 or 50 (on your second or third job) really isnt that hard. i could do it in a few weeks. that being said. ninja is only really needed for the lvl 40 cap CoP, after that. Pld takes over.

sure certain jobs arent very useful. Drk is only useful at diablos... even then its a maybe (i beat diablos without a drk). and just some jobs are not a good idea for almost all of CoP. (meaning, drk drg sam and thf). Mnk War Smn Whm Blm Rdm(post lvl 40) Brd Pld Nin and Rng are the jobs needed for CoP when you look at the list of needed jobs. you realize that all the CORE jobs needed in the game are there. just the extra mele jobs are taken out. sure its alitle unfair to the high end mele jobs... however, all the BCNM's im talking about use these jobs up to tenzen. the tenzen fight itself benifits from these high end mele jobs, so does everything in Sea.

im tired of hearing people bitch about CoP. yes its hard, yes you need a specific strategy, yes you cant cakewalk though it like you could with Zilarat or just the main FFXI missions. it was meant to be hard, and is a challenge. ill tell you what, there is no greater feeling than beating these missions, because they are a CHALLENGE (omg gasp a challenge in a MMO!) get used to it. CoP really isnt that hard, as long as you have a dedicated SPT who is willing to lvl 3,4,5 jobs to specific lvls. (hell i need a new CoP SPT, my last one didnt make it all the way, i have 2 lvl 75, 3 lvl 60, 4 lvl 50, 6 lvl 40 of the core jobs (or close to). yet i dont have nin lvled (which is next on the list of core to take to 40). CoP was meant for dedicated players, showing a level of dedication to the game thats similar to HNM (indeed many things CoP has is for HNM), so if your not that dedicated. get CoP. complete provy, and have tavizna. and you can access most areas in the game. if you want to complete CoP. then get off your ass. lvl the core jobs, and find some friends who want to static CoP.

As for the new expansion. god only knows how they are going to make the story in that work. my feeling is that its going to have to do something with Tenzen, and something about Pheonix. other than that though, i have no idea. as for the missions, i do hope that they dont use lvl 30 capped missions anymore, 40 50 and 60 caps are ok. if they use capped missions at all.
Camu
Big Cat

Post by Camu »

Whats this? Challenge in a MMO game? Impossible! I demand it be changed!
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Nivez wrote:(meaning, drk drg sam and thf). Mnk War Smn Whm Blm Rdm(post lvl 40) Brd Pld Nin and Rng are the jobs needed for CoP when you look at the list of needed jobs.
Actually I've had drg work well on the 2-5 mammet fight (tank) and bst work well on the 2-3 aquaducts missions.
Honeypot wrote:Whats this? Challenge in a MMO game? Impossible! I demand it be changed!
How DARE we be forced to earn our keep!
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Well actually Nivez, I do understand.

But you do not understand me.

I am somewhat of a total RPing geek.

This isn't a game to me, it is a life, or rather four of them. Sure I as a player want to know many of the jobs, but my characters are a bit more focused than that. They need a reason to take up another job. A reason that doesn't say "GAME". A reason that relates to their lives.

Fortunatly there will always be a place for WHMs and BLMs in Promyvion parties, and I do want to get WHM to 42 and BLM to 40 (and level SMN way past 9 too). But as a dedicated RDM, I do wish there was a place in Promyvion for me as a RDM.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

I can actually understand that idea behind wanting to get invites as your main job. I'm gonna have to level NIN so that I can actually earn my keep as a PLD later (meaning get more than just xp parties once I get past about 70. HNMs and such apparently "hit too damn hard for a PLD to be tanking them". Not if the PLD tanking them is equipping themselves right they shouldn't be! >< But anyway, apparently in order to be a viable tank for HNMs and god fights and such, NIN's gonna be a requirement. Kinda irks me. I despise most NIN tanks (I've had one near my own level that actually impressed me so far) and I just have this really dreadful feeling I'm gonna hate being a NIN tank. I already get annoyed when using Utsusemi as PLD/NIN (uber-gimped sub, yay!) to have fun with soloing some stuff. the timing for it is so frickin screwy! ><
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Lunaleska
Kitten

Post by Lunaleska »

hmmm... after level 40, PLD does not take over for nin ^^;

in fact, pld not so useful for CoP BC fights at all. Unless the nin really sucks, usually Nin is a better choice for CoP.

and NO, my nin lv 62 has nothing to do with it, I didn't use my Nin in CoP at all. I only level up nin for the AF, I don't like tanking at all.
=^.^=
Now Playing: Sam
Rng75 Mnk75 Thf75 Sam71 Rdm66 Nin64 Blm50 War50 Whm42 Drk40 Smn31 Pld22 Brd18 Bst13 Drg22

Rank 10 Windy
Z14
CoP complete!
angelstar107
Tomcat

Post by angelstar107 »

To the blind one, unto the world
Decreed this message of life
Do not judge what do you can see
Based on your own life
Lest you do, be sure to perish
Under the dying sun
For all you see, beneath the sea, is but a lifeless garden

Vision isn't how you see
The untold and unforseen
Judge off your own living soul
For your eyes will lie, and lives grow old
Listen to the blind man's words
For he is all known
Judge not what you see can see
And trust in where you're going
Mnk 75, Drg 75, Sam 75, Blu 74, War 50, Thf 41, Dnc 58, Nin 37, Whm 42, Rdm 46, Pup 41, Rng 63, Bst 19, Pld 4, Drk 26, Smn 3, Sch 7

[23:41] Starlight: Markov, why are bikini's getting smaller and smaller?
[23:41] MarkovBot: Because you are going to work.

Ninetails Pride! ^.~ Kittens are cool too...
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Angelstar, that is beautiful.

Kintrra, I judge tanks by how well they hold the hate. As a RDM, a good NIN is a dream to work with, almost no healing necessary. But with the average NIN, I am Cureing everyone and blowing off more MPs than I would on a merely decent PLD tank.

But I know nothing about God fights.