Some Quick Thoughts on Experience Points

Dukuji
Mad Cat

Some Quick Thoughts on Experience Points

Post by Dukuji »

Just for fun, I’ve compiled some statistical information about experience points. All data reflect the changes made to the experience points system earlier this year.

* To level a job from 1 to 75 you’ll need to earn 837,550 xp.

* If you earn:
-100 xp per fight, you’ll need to defeat 8,375.5 enemies.
-150 xp per fight, you’ll need to defeat 5,583.67 enemies.
-200 xp per fight, you’ll need to defeat 4,187.75 enemies.

* Roughly halfway into level 47 (@ 209,387.5 xp) you have completed one fourth of the experience points needed to gain level 75. Kudos.

* When you’ve earned 7,725 xp into level 63, you have completed one half of all the xp you need to reach that magical 75 (@ 418,775). Congratulations.

* 24,612.5 xp after level 69 you are now three fourths on your way to the top. (@ 628,162.5) Nicely done.

* Now to break this down from an educational standpoint (as if you were to be graded on how much xp you’ve earned compared to the total in 10% increments) the following grades could be issued:
-To get an A you’d need to be level 73.06
-To earn a B you’d need to be level 70.96
-To earn a C you’d need to be level 68.48
-To earn a D you’d need to be level 64.69
-Anything below level 64.69 gets an F.

* To level a job to 75, a support job to 37, and another support job to 18 (support for the support :wink: ) you’ll need to earn 1,020,550 xp.

So, sometime between level 62-63 be sure to take a few moments out to congratulate yourself because half of your battles with that job are now over. :D

Data from http://www.nephilim-x.com/info/exp.html was used in the calculations.
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
Thanatos02
Kitten

Post by Thanatos02 »

It is, of course, a little amazing to see how top-heavy the experiance needed to level is, though. x.X
Fear not: for no-one can obstruct
Our passage: it is decreed so on high.
Await me here. Comfort your weary soul
And feed it with high hopes till I return;
For I will not forsake you here in Hell.
- [i]The Divine Comedy of Dante Alighieri[/i]
[i] Canto 8 [/i]
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

It's to instill a sense of mountain climbing or something. Exponentially difficult based on height. But my, how the view from the summit is glorious...
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Re: Some Quick Thoughts on Experience Points

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Dukuji wrote:To level a job to 75, a support job to 37, and another support job to 18 (support for the support :wink: ) you’ll need to earn 1,020,550 xp.
One big arguement for WHM/RDM, RDM/WHM. You never have to level any other job if you take the pink path.

RDM/BLM on the other hand, almost requires BLM/WHM from 22 - 28. Still you can do that with WHM at merely 13.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Yugi
Mad Cat

Post by Yugi »

thats a lot of experience points..and to think the old finalfantasies took long to lv up in. :?
[img]http://www.fairyland.to/BakaMemo/catgirls.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.fairyland.to/BakaMemo/riaa-kittens.jpg[/img]
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Yugi wrote:thats a lot of experience points..and to think the old finalfantasies took long to lv up in. :?
Other ffs weren't that bad imo. :oops:
Yugi
Mad Cat

Post by Yugi »

but they went to lv 99 :o
[img]http://www.fairyland.to/BakaMemo/catgirls.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.fairyland.to/BakaMemo/riaa-kittens.jpg[/img]
xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting