getting laptop and PC XI (and maybe some other questions).

Naru Fugihara
Big Cat

getting laptop and PC XI (and maybe some other questions).

Post by Naru Fugihara »

Yea, I'm getting my sis's HP laptop with XP and I was thinking of getting the PC XI to go along with my PS2 version incase something happens to where I can't use my PS2 but could still use the PC.

My question is how would I go about setting it up so that my POL ID can be accessed from the laptop like I get to it through the PS2? I'm not talking about logging as Guest and I also don't want to have to pay anything extra to have it running on the PC and install CoP so I can have everything I have on the PS2.

On other notes, I was wondering what would be a good job combo to use in pts from lvl 20+ for a DRG? I'm currently fighting in the Dunes as a lvl 16 DRG/WAR, very handy for NIN tanks cause I could voke the mob off them while they recast utsumi.

I was just wondering about that cause Aony told me that he sometimes works as a DRG/WHM.
"Mithras make every job look sexy"

Name:Narufugihara
Job lvls: 18 WAR, 28 MNK, 37 WHM, 20 BLM, 6 BRD, 8 SMN, 25 DRG (Lumiere: [i]Light[/i]), 12 NIN, 7 THF

Crafts: GS-3, FISH-12, COOK-7, CC-1, WW-3
Swimsuit: Top +1 [X] Bottom +1 [X]

Mules: Narunarusagawa (all my mules are gonna start with Naru >^_^<)

NPC Friend: Yoli Kohlpaka

Jobs I plan to take to AF lvl: WHM, DRG
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

The laptop may not be able to run FFXI, it all depends on the video chip. There is a benchmark program on the offical web site.

Any set of PC disks can install the game on your laptop, then you can use your account info and access your own account. After instalation it will ask you to sign up or or enter your account info for an exisiting account. There could be a problem with the CoP and RoZ expansion, but I think not.

Several DRG threads, search them. DRG/WHM is not often used in parties, but sometimes it is. DRG/BRD works too. Most use a melee sub though. /THF after 30 for SA, /SAM after 60 for Meditate are often seen.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Naru Fugihara
Big Cat

Post by Naru Fugihara »

Ok, I'll have to call my sis and tell her how to download it and see if it'll work on that laptop. I guess I'll stick with DRG/WAR for sub voking and DRG/MNK for full melee then until I can unlock more jobs.
"Mithras make every job look sexy"

Name:Narufugihara
Job lvls: 18 WAR, 28 MNK, 37 WHM, 20 BLM, 6 BRD, 8 SMN, 25 DRG (Lumiere: [i]Light[/i]), 12 NIN, 7 THF

Crafts: GS-3, FISH-12, COOK-7, CC-1, WW-3
Swimsuit: Top +1 [X] Bottom +1 [X]

Mules: Narunarusagawa (all my mules are gonna start with Naru >^_^<)

NPC Friend: Yoli Kohlpaka

Jobs I plan to take to AF lvl: WHM, DRG
Fayin
Feral Cat

Post by Fayin »

Pretty simple. Just install it as a returning customer. Manual has the steps IIRC. On the occations where I format my data partition I don't recall having any trouble setting up as an existing POL user. Just have to enter your POL ID I think.
[b]-Fayin-[/b]
46WHM   43BLM   48THF   21WAR
59+1 Cooking   58+1 Woodworking   25 Fishing

[b]-Entourage-[/b]
Name                     Lv     GB   MHE Aketon  Warp
Fayinsjeunomule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinssandymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinswindymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinsbastymule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]

[size=75]"omg Ebay..."[/size]
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

Setting up another copy of FFXI to use an existing account is really easy. When they prompt you to set up an account after installing and updating POL, just choose something like "Existing account". It then asks you to put in your POL ID and password and... that's it I think. You're set from then.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: getting laptop and PC XI (and maybe some other questions).

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: getting laptop and PC XI (and maybe some other questions).

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт