Fear! Fire! Foes! Awake! ~ Version Update Early October '05

A place to talk about... anything!
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Fear! Fire! Foes! Awake! ~ Version Update Early October '05

Post by Dukuji »

Here we go. Another version update is on its way. Get ready for spills and thrills, excitement and heartache. Will the SE development team provide vindication to those who feel they have been cheated or will their left hand smite you into dust? Only time can tell. Just be sure to get your best whining voice ready. :P Stay tuned to this topic for the latest information on what's to come from the "horse's mouth".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Topic: The Version Update Has Arrived!

All the new content you've been waiting for is finally here! Discover new areas, new Fellowship quests, and many more exciting additions in this month's version update. Update details are only a click away!

Topic: Changes to Ballista

Several changes and addition will be made to Ballista in the upcoming version update. See below for details.

-The effective range of powers accessible through the summoner ability "Blood Pact" will be extended. Certain powers will not be affected.
-The duration of the resistance effect to the bard song "Lullaby" will be increased.
-The number of Ballista Points required to reserve "Diorama Abdhaljs - Ghelsba" will be reduced from 200 to 100.
-The maximum number of Ballista Points that a player can have will be increased from 1000 to 2000.
-It will be possible to set "Diorama Abdhaljs - Ghelsba" to Ballista Royale rules.

Expect to see these and other improvements made to everyone's favorite Conflict event soon!

Topic: Step Into Limbus

Did Dynamis leave you thirsty for another challenge? We bring you "Limbus," coming in the October version update! Upon the completion of certain requirements, players will be able to enter one of the two mysterious new areas that comprise Limbus: "Temenos" and "Apollyon." Check the version update details in October for more information!

Also, a one-way door in the Grand Palace of Hu'Xzoi will become accessible from both sides for players who have advanced far enough through the "Chains of Promathia" story.

Topic: Experience Point Bonus Items!

In October's version update, a new type of item will be introduced that will give a bonus to the amount of experience or limit points earned. These items will provide a bonus until a set period of time has passed or certain conditions are met. See below for details.

These items are designed to help those who wish to earn a little extra experience from defeating easy opponents, rather than for use in extended party play.

The bonus points provided by these new additions may not be noticeable at first, but taking advantage of the bonus every day will eventually make a substantial difference.

The new items will be available through the exchange of conquest points, making them accessible to a wide range of players. Talk to your nearest conquest guard after the version update and see how this adventuring accessory can help you!

Topic: New Beastmaster Pets!

In the upcoming version update, several new creatures will become available for the beastmaster ability "Call Beast" Click here to see a selection of the new pets!

Topic: Chart the Unknown!

Navigational charts will be added in the October version update. Each chart displays the location of a secret point where adventurers will find a surprise awaiting! Charts may be obtained by completing the quest "Inside the Belly."

More information will be reported on this page at the time of the version update.

Topic: New Storage Options!

A new option allowing adventurers to store equipment and furnishings obtained from special events will be introduced in the October version update. Storable equipment will be limited to those items that are displayed on a character when equipped. Adventurers will be able to store both normal and high-quality items, but will not receive a key item in exchange as in other equipment storage services.
Look for this new service in the upcoming version update!

Topic: Upcoming Changes

The lost chocobo game and the distribution of recipe information at guilds will undergo changes in the October version update. [See below] to find out more.

Changes Coming in the Version Update

The following changes will be made in early October. The version update will bring several other adjustments and new material, so keep checking the main page for more information.

-Lost Chocobo Game
During the lost chocobo game, the time spent riding will be displayed after entering a new area.

-Synthesis Recipes
In the past, guild craftsmen distributed new recipes one at a time. However, following the October version update, craftsmen will present a list to the player depending on that player's skill level.

Topic: Version Update: Fellowship System

The next version update will bring additions to the Fellowship system. [See below] for more details.

Additions to the Fellowship System

The version update in early October will bring the following changes to the Fellowship system:

-Several Fellowship quests will be added, including one that raises the NPC's level restriction.
-There will be an increase in the variety of equipment worn by the NPC.
-Extra conversational options will be available at the Rendezvous Point.
-There will be more fighting styles to choose from.
-More information will be displayed on screen, such as the NPC's hit points.

These changes and more will be included in the upcoming version update. Details may be found on the FINAL FANTASY XI main page as soon as they are released.

Topic: October Version Update

The FINAL FANTASY XI development team is currently working on the next version update! Adventurers can expect additions to the Fellowship system, new areas, and several other changes. Details will be posted to the Topics section as soon as they are released, so keep checking back for more information! The version update will take place in early October.

Note: As most of you know I'll add the newest info to the top.
Last edited by Dukuji on Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:54 am, edited 10 times in total.
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
Ziada
Tomcat

Post by Ziada »

A teaser screenshot of a Promyvion area! Looks like those towers just outside Bastok.

Could this be "Lower Promyvion?" The zone is in the game files, but it wasn't used in the Promathia missions.
WHM 75 - SMN 75 - BLM 63 - Midgardsormr
Windurst Rank 10 - RoZ and CoP completed
Alchemy 60 - Cooking 54 - Goldsmithing 24
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

well I can tell you that they wont change what they did to NIN and RNG, those will stay and I am glad :p But it seems that the onyl thing they are changein so far is the felowship and adding areas, maybe hints on the new jobs.....
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
Baldir
Kitten

Post by Baldir »

I hope they do add some new jobs! Maybe a Blue Mage, Geomancer, Time Mage, or just freaking anything. :wink:
Ziada
Tomcat

Post by Ziada »

They can't just patch in something as big as new jobs. I'd look for those in the next expansion.
WHM 75 - SMN 75 - BLM 63 - Midgardsormr
Windurst Rank 10 - RoZ and CoP completed
Alchemy 60 - Cooking 54 - Goldsmithing 24
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

Baldir wrote:I hope they do add some new jobs! Maybe a Blue Mage, Geomancer, Time Mage, or just freaking anything. :wink:
nono the new jobs are cming in the next expansion, I said "hints" on the new jobs not the new jobs themselves :p

and yes they have sai there WILL be new jobs in the next expansion, but what and howmany...noone knows
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

zomg baldir u stoleded teh stanislaw's avatar GTFO
[Active]
Chi - Level 60 Undead Rogue - Member of Unison - [Rank 9] Centurion ~ 12,695 Honorable Kills - 3 Dishonorable Kills

[Retired]
Batsu - Level 60 Elvaan Paladin - Level 56 Samurai
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Rrrrowl! :D

:wink:
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

'Rrrrowl!' indeed. ^.^ I can't wait to see if their are male mithra in the mithran homelands.....Ohh, you know what....Maybe they're gonna do the same thing that they did with the Galkan homelands? It's gonna be a barren place with nothing but monsters and ruins. :cry:
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

woah, i'm with you evit, but lets not jump the gun, remember we wont know until they tell us, for now, lets jsut assume there arent going to be any and lets treat it as a rumor, hehe, sorry but i dun like jumping the gun, but Yes I agreee they'll be male mithra......in underground holding containers.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Bah, I know male mithra are but a pipe dream. However, I do suspect that these so called 'Mithran Homelands' will be alot less then we'd like it. Oh!! Just got an idea!! To get to these new lands, there will have to be a way to get to them, right?

In Kazam, to the left of the AH Booths. That warded off area? Maybe there will be an area you can go through past there? Think Korrokola Tunnel. It's gaurded by npc's, but certain fame or quests or what not in a new version will allow you to go through!
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.

Talis Kitsue
Kitten

Post by Talis Kitsue »

hmm that sounds like it could happen but i though that the area there was to the docks thats inside there?, or maybe the boat there is the only way to actualy get to the mithra homeland or something , though i bet se will do something like make you get permissions from the chieftess in kazam before entering @.@;
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/TalisKitsue/tal.jpg[/img]
Talis : Bismark: 50 rng / 20 nin Rank 5
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?122046
Talis: Valefor: 40 rng / 20 nin Rank 4
Kitsue: Kujata: 18 thf/ - Rank 1
~~~~~~~~
ZM 1-1 | PM 3-5 | WM 5-2
~~~~~~~~
Why do mithras get all the fun?? Dont forget about us manthras XD!!!! orz~
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

Human women > Mithra women in the face.

Rocio Guirao Diaz, the sexiest woman alive.

Edit - I feel the urge to suddenly return to my old ways and relentlessly troll this forum and throw around insults like they're going out of style. I want to be |Notorious Monster| Batsu again.
[Active]
Chi - Level 60 Undead Rogue - Member of Unison - [Rank 9] Centurion ~ 12,695 Honorable Kills - 3 Dishonorable Kills

[Retired]
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

You still are {Notorious Monster} Batsu. It's just you don't randomly aggro to stupidity with a vengence like you used to.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Batsu wrote:Human women > Mithra women in the face.

Rocio Guirao Diaz, the sexiest woman alive.

Edit - I feel the urge to suddenly return to my old ways and relentlessly troll this forum and throw around insults like they're going out of style. I want to be |Notorious Monster| Batsu again.
She would be better with a pair of cat ears on.
Talis Kitsue
Kitten

Post by Talis Kitsue »

lol dont forget the tail ^^
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/TalisKitsue/tal.jpg[/img]
Talis : Bismark: 50 rng / 20 nin Rank 5
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?122046
Talis: Valefor: 40 rng / 20 nin Rank 4
Kitsue: Kujata: 18 thf/ - Rank 1
~~~~~~~~
ZM 1-1 | PM 3-5 | WM 5-2
~~~~~~~~
Why do mithras get all the fun?? Dont forget about us manthras XD!!!! orz~
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Mmmm, yes. The tail. :9
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

Here you go how is this? god I am going to be killed for bad drawing :p

Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Rrrrowl! Much betterrr! :D
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

|/sigh|
[Active]

[Retired]
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Abandon Hope, All Ye Batsu's Who Enter Here...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

since Dukuji hasn't gotten around to it yet...

The next version update will bring additions to the Fellowship system.
Click here for more details.

and the details are...
Additions to the Fellowship System

The version update in early October will bring the following changes to the Fellowship system:

-Several Fellowship quests will be added, including one that raises the NPC's level restriction.
-There will be an increase in the variety of equipment worn by the NPC.
-Extra conversational options will be available at the Rendezvous Point.
-There will be more fighting styles to choose from.
-More information will be displayed on screen, such as the NPC's hit points.

These changes and more will be included in the upcoming version update. Details may be found on the FINAL FANTASY XI main page as soon as they are released.
FINAL FANTASY XI Development Team (9/5/2005)
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

so far this update is looking good to me.

... but its still too early to tell for sure
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

Leane wrote:since Dukuji hasn't gotten around to it yet...
Oh, quite right. I've been too caught up in my holiday parties.

Added the new info from Sept-5.

And now back to my merrymaking ...

/Singing
Well it's all for me grog, me jolly jolly grog
It's all for me beer and tobacco
For I spent all me tin with the mithra drinking gin
Far across the southern ocean I must wander ...
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

more good changes. {/cheer}
Tinacat
Feral Cat

Post by Tinacat »

more new stuff

time display when zone to a new zone while doing lost chocobo quest

and

the guild people will give you a list of crafts
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

Tinacat wrote:more new stuff

time display when zone to a new zone while doing lost chocobo quest

and

the guild people will give you a list of crafts
Way ahead of you kitty :wink:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm waiting for the update news that says they are going to make a Rare/Ex version of the O-Kotes. :D
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

level 50 NPC cap break...bout time.....
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:level 50 NPC cap break...bout time.....
Your NPC is at 50? :o Wow, I thought I was doing pretty good at 32. :P Can anybody recommend a good NPC guide for this slow leveling cat? (I suppose the fact that I'm only on once a week has nothing to do with fact my NPC isn't leveled. :? )
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Dukuji wrote:
KarouKaniyashia wrote:level 50 NPC cap break...bout time.....
Your NPC is at 50? :o Wow, I thought I was doing pretty good at 32. :P Can anybody recommend a good NPC guide for this slow leveling cat? (I suppose the fact that I'm only on once a week has nothing to do with fact my NPC isn't leveled. :? )

my npc at 50? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl: :lol: I wish, I suck at not leveling her faster becuase anywhere she could get max exp per fight i'd get ass kicked.