Claming anyone?

Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Claming anyone?

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

The Mithra who lends you the Claming gear tells you the bucket only holda 50 Poz. Does anyone have a weight table of the Clams and items you can dig?

Thanks.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

I think there was a thread about it on Alakazam. I'll see if I can dig it up again...
Asiren
Kitten

Post by Asiren »

I haven't done any clamming before, but I do have this page bookmarked in case I start it:

The Clamming Kit

I'm not sure how good it is, but hopefully it'll help you out. =) It doesn't really provide information on clamming, but I think it's supposed to help you keep track of how much weight you have in the bucket depending on what items you have in it.[/url]
Asiren ~ lvl 48 whm/blm ~
Server: Bahamut
Windurstian Rank 5
Jobs:
lvl 48 whm, lvl 30 blm, lvl 8 rdm,
lvl 21 war, lvl 15 thf, lvl 15 mnk,
lvl 35 rng, lvl 15 smn, lvl 10 drk,
lvl 20 nin, lvl 12 pld, lvl 10 sam,
lvl 4 bst
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

i tired it once, it was addictive and broke my wallet
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Asiren wrote: I think it's supposed to help you keep track of how much weight you have in the bucket depending on what items you have in it
Thanks, just what I wanted. :D

Karou, look at the table. Note the items. Then check your local AH. It needent break your wallet, you can MAKE Gil Claming.

And we look so good in that swimsuit.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

I need to go to bibiki and do some clamming on my own
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

ImageImage
MEW~~~~~ =^^=
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Rrrrowl! :)
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

I would feel all embarassed in my Elvaan swim gear..... I dunno if i will be clamming or not.....
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

all i have to say about clamming is "CHeck your basket weight often"

and once you get within 10 pz (ponzes) of the current bucket limit, thats when the tough decision comes because one jackknife will ruin the whole lot.

I prefer to clam when there is no one else on the island, because i found it easier to guess what will pop up.

I make anywhere from 5-10k each clam run when im alone. if there are others around i end up breaking the basket.
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Aony
Housecat

Post by Aony »

there's something I've been asking alot, but nobody I've run into seems to have the answer. What level can I survive bibiki bay so I can go clamming? I've been asking around for ages, but it seems everyone i've asked was somewhere around lvl 60-70 at the time CoP came out, and everything was too weak to aggro, so they have no idea about what the minimum level would be for me to go there :? and I aint about to rush into a place that could possibly slaughter me...
[url=http://www.imageshack.us][img]http://img100.echo.cx/img100/6779/sigaony7am.gif[/img][/url]

thf: 70 drg: 50 nin: 36 smn: 30 whm: 33 blm: 21 war: 25 drk: 13 sam: 10 brd: 9 mnk: 10 pld: 10 Blu: 8 cor: 11 pup: 5

All Thief AF obtained! :thumb:

http://img380.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wheresyourgod1sh.jpg
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Nothing between the boat and the claming spot agros.

My Mithra SAM has been wandering the whole island at level 33, feeling kind of small, but safe.

Kraken types agro, but they are easy to avoid. Fortunitly, she hasn't found out what else does though.

Aony
Housecat

Post by Aony »

Tsybil wrote:Nothing between the boat and the claming spot agros.

My Mithra SAM has been wandering the whole island at level 33, feeling kind of small, but safe.

Kraken types agro, but they are easy to avoid. Fortunitly, she hasn't found out what else does though.
whew...that's good to know. Next question: how do I get to the clamming spots? :oops:
[url=http://www.imageshack.us][img]http://img100.echo.cx/img100/6779/sigaony7am.gif[/img][/url]

thf: 70 drg: 50 nin: 36 smn: 30 whm: 33 blm: 21 war: 25 drk: 13 sam: 10 brd: 9 mnk: 10 pld: 10 Blu: 8 cor: 11 pup: 5

All Thief AF obtained! :thumb:

http://img380.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wheresyourgod1sh.jpg
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Aony wrote: whew...that's good to know. Next question: how do I get to the clamming spots? :oops:
Take the boat from Bibiki Bay. One of three makes the trip to the Island. The kitty with the Claming gear is left from the dock. Keep going up the beach in the same direction, tab around, there is the spot.

On the beach on the island'sEast side, there is one near a small rowboat.

Unlike Mining or Harvesting points, these never go away.

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Claming anyone?

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Claming anyone?

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru