A Lesson in Ninjutsu

A place to talk about... anything!
Crispleaf
Housecat

A Lesson in Ninjutsu

Post by Crispleaf »

I'm not one to blow my own horn, but I thought it was funny how this entire forum of tarutaru black mages couldn't figure out how one of their own got over 1500 damage on a Freeze magic burst.

It just goes to show it takes a mithra to teach a taru black mage how their job works 8) It's the real reason we're in Windurst ;)

http://killingifrit.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=65157
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~crispl3af/level.JPG[/img]
Bastok Rank 8-1, Windurst Rank 10
Rise of Zilart Completed
Chains of Promathia Completed
Treasures of Aht Urghan Rank 2
sakono
Housecat

Post by sakono »

heh talk about dumb mages.... i figgured it out first time i read it.. shesh
kashell
Tomcat

Post by kashell »

I hate to say it but I think you're wrong, that can't be what happened since the ninja casted Hyoton right after Huton and that'll cancel the lower ice resistance effect and replace it with lower fire resistance, unless this is changed where mutliple ninjutsu elemental debuffs will stick.

But since in his screenshot he had other damages filter it's hard to say if Hyoton landed before or after Freeze hit the crab.

And to be honest i've never noticed that big a difference with the elemental ninjutsu :roll:
Crispleaf
Housecat

Post by Crispleaf »

If you watch the video, you'll see that Freeze hits just after the ninja starts casting Hyoton. The crab is already running after the black mage when Hyoton lands :)
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~crispl3af/level.JPG[/img]
Bastok Rank 8-1, Windurst Rank 10
Rise of Zilart Completed
Chains of Promathia Completed
Treasures of Aht Urghan Rank 2
kashell
Tomcat

Post by kashell »

I just saw the video and yea you're right, I've rarely seen people MB with AM before but I've done it once before in Garliage Citadel against beetles and it took about half it's hp so I don't see what's the big deal is, I mean heck AM are suppose to do a ton of damage since they take so much MP right? :roll:
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Just a thought here, since I'm not sure exactly what it does, but what about that Magic Finale the BRD used? All I've looked at is the screenshot in that thread, but that's just what my poor little PLD34 idea is. :D
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Rakshasa
Tomcat

Post by Rakshasa »

Magic Finale is the Bard's form of Dispel. As you can see, it took out the crab's defense boost, having nothing to do with magical defense.
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/Furbewok/SigTemp.jpg[/img]

You can't stop the Rak. ^^
-Rakshasa
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Hmm....nope, guess that definitely ain't part of it then. :lol:
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: A Lesson in Ninjutsu

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт