Future Chef?

A place to talk about... anything!
pooker
Tomcat

Future Chef?

Post by pooker »

I've been playing with the idea of leveling my Cooking craft but I'm not sure where to start. Anyone have a quick and easy guide for cooking skill? What recipes should I use to skill up quickly and hopefully sell off without too much of a loss (dare I hope an actual profit?)

Any help would be appreciated XD

:::Rawr:::
[img]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e91/Rzoredgy/FFtop-03-1.gif[/img]
Vylia
Kitten

Post by Vylia »

Hmm, I know quite a bit about cooking. Its currently at 59.2.

Carrot Broth can get you to level 4 (4 Sandorian carrots + water crystal)

Orange Juice can get you to 10 (4 Saruta Oranges + water crystal)

Sliced Bluetail to 15 (Bluetail + wind crystal)

Then I did Selbina Butter to 20 (Selbina Milk + Rock Salt + Ice crystal)

Hope that can get you a good start, contact me in game if you need more advice. :)
Nobodyreal
Housecat

Post by Nobodyreal »

Vylia wrote:Hmm, I know quite a bit about cooking. Its currently at 59.2.
Is there any way to get the game client to spit out the .x on a skill? Or do you just have to keep track of it?
[img]http://users.sisna.com/mschild/graphics/ffxisig.jpg[/img]
pooker
Tomcat

Post by pooker »

Thx Vy, I can always count on you <3 You're so great XD
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

If you fish at all, you might want start trying sliced sardines at around 3-ish. It's big fish bait. I think it'll also sell alright in the AH.

Sliced Sardine: Wind Crystal: 1x bastore sardine.

If you level a low level melee job, grilled hare can be good throughout the Dunes and it'll get you up to about...8 I think.

Grilled Hare: Fire Crystal: 1x Hare Meat 1x Dried Marjoram

This also sells for about 500-1k in the AH.
pooker
Tomcat

Post by pooker »

Thx :)
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Boiled Eggs, Fire, Bird Egg, Distilled Water. Level cap 6? A perfect food to level any mage job level 1 - 6.

Boiled Crayfish, Fire, Crayfish, Rock salt, Distled Water. Level cap 6? Low level tank food.

As JediKitsune said, sliced Sardines to 11. Makes a profit even if you buy the fish.

Tell us when you hit level 10, we will get you a batch of Recipes to get you to 20. 20 - 29 is Insect Paste.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Vylia
Kitten

Post by Vylia »

:lol: Only way I remember my exact number is because I was crafting yesterday. So mostly its just what you can remember for yourself. At least I dont think theres a client that can get the .x number. :?
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Future Chef?

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru