LB5 - Red Mage - Some advice needed

Vylia
Kitten

LB5 - Red Mage - Some advice needed

Post by Vylia »

So far ive fought and lost to maat five times now. Seems like every strategy ive read dosent help at all. Tried the sleep/nuke meathod, tried rushing in and blowing my 2hr spamming Areo III at him. Any advice or links you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Help a humble red mage out. :(
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

I've seen a movie clip of it done. Stone skin was used, a couple drinks, a couple ethers. StoneIII was the character's attack spell, it did quite a bit of damage. He was sure to dispel everything Maat had up, and SleepII him for the majority of the fight. Convert>CureIII>CureII was enough to pretty much put him at full.

Other then that, my highest is 42 so I have no direct knowledge.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Nobodyreal
Housecat

Post by Nobodyreal »

Best advice I've heard is to sleep him when he chainspells. Even if you have to blow yours to do it, sleep him. Keep him asleep until it wears off. That means no nukes, no dia, no bio. Dispel everything off of him and give him every other debuff in the book, but keep him asleep until chainspell wears off.
[img]http://users.sisna.com/mschild/graphics/ffxisig.jpg[/img]
Vylia
Kitten

Post by Vylia »

Ill definitly keep that in mind, his SP is what got me the most. Spams Teir 3 magic then finishes me off with Asuran Fists. :(

Thanks for all the info so far, just got my sixth test a few mins ago and will try tomorrow when im rested up. :)
Crispleaf
Housecat

Post by Crispleaf »

Another approach would be to get your thief to level 66, and try the thief Maat fight. From what I understand, all you have to do is steal from him to win ;)
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~crispl3af/level.JPG[/img]
Bastok Rank 8-1, Windurst Rank 10
Rise of Zilart Completed
Chains of Promathia Completed
Treasures of Aht Urghan Rank 2
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Crispleaf wrote:Another approach would be to get your thief to level 66, and try the thief Maat fight. From what I understand, all you have to do is steal from him to win ;)
Harder than you think :P
Waef
Tomcat

Post by Waef »

Or get WHM to 66. All you have to do is Cure yourself until he gives up.
PLD67, WAR66, NIN60
Genkai5 [O]
ZM14
PM8-1 (Yay sea! =D)
Currently leveling: Bard
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

^ Me being the Elvaan chicken that i am, i will probably go the WHM route.
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Baketsu wrote:^ Me being the Elvaan chicken that i am, i will probably go the WHM route.
Wherrre is your sense of chalenge?
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

Tsybil wrote:
Baketsu wrote:^ Me being the Elvaan chicken that i am, i will probably go the WHM route.
Wherrre is your sense of chalenge?
Um, that would be leveling Dark Knight to 70 just for the limit break...

>.>

Heck... that would be leveling up dark knight to 70... forget the limit break...
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

I am guessing it's a little late, but people recommend fighting Maat at level 66 for any melee job. Maat won't have Asuran Fists yet, making the fight a bit easier.

Fox used vile elixirs +1 in order to beat Maat. Mine was 'easy'...
nuke > sleep > nuke > stun > nuke > die > reraise > nuke.

If only I'd thought of reraise the second time instead of the 5th. ;)
[FFX|V] Mystiana Rulean >> BLM iL94 - DRG iL91 - SMN iL93 - SCH iL77
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1463791/
[FFXI] Mystiana@Shiva >> 99 DNC DRG SMN [currently retired]
90+ WAR BLM WHM BST BRD SCH :: 494 Merit Points
Rank 10 for all nations :: Craft: [Cooking: 54][Fishing: 50]
Vylia
Kitten

Post by Vylia »

:lol: Yeah I finaly did beat him... at 70. Thanks for all your great advice. Kind of amazing what one little level can do along with three or so more points of enfeebling magic.
And for those kittens getting near that spot, just remember keep a cool head and don't get down if he gets you the first time. :D
Jaela
Tomcat

Post by Jaela »

Be sure to go into the fight naked, his equipment is basically a copy of your equipment when you enter, so get nekkid :3
Back to FFXI, Hades! Level 55 Thief! Glee!
[img]http://img293.echo.cx/img293/3043/jaela3ez.jpg[/img]
Nobodyreal
Housecat

Post by Nobodyreal »

Another dirty trick I've heard of is making sure you're very close to leveling (within like 50 XP) and taking one of those free XP items you get for completing certain quests (like the dragon chronicles from the Eco Warrior quests)

Then you use the item when you get in trouble for HP/MP and suddenly you're full again.
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Jaela wrote:Be sure to go into the fight naked, his equipment is basically a copy of your equipment when you enter, so get nekkid :3
Nekkid?! :shock:
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Jaela wrote:Be sure to go into the fight naked, his equipment is basically a copy of your equipment when you enter, so get nekkid :3
Naked??? I'm prrretty modest forrr a Mithra, I hardly am ever naked. Well I guess he is too old to care about much otherrr than combat. Or else distractable. :lol:
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Nobodyreal
Housecat

Post by Nobodyreal »

Tsybil wrote:
Naked??? I'm prrretty modest forrr a Mithra, I hardly am ever naked. Well I guess he is too old to care about much otherrr than combat. Or else distractable. :lol:
Well, you see you go into the arena naked. Then when he's distracted you put on your armor and beat the crap out of the creepy old Hume.
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

^^We fighting Maat or Master Roshi?
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

You could also wear twin mal-something rings and lower his agility so he is more of a target, just re-equip the good equipment fo rthwe rest of the figh
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

i have G4 and then G5 for warrior, I dare to ask what's the plan for warrior to kick his ass... :shock:
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Talis Kitsue
Kitten

Post by Talis Kitsue »

oh oh i heard about that way i heard they they use it same way you would stun them with an attack XD

surprsied + shock + stun = {death} {you can have this} maat
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/TalisKitsue/tal.jpg[/img]
Talis : Bismark: 50 rng / 20 nin Rank 5
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?122046
Talis: Valefor: 40 rng / 20 nin Rank 4
Kitsue: Kujata: 18 thf/ - Rank 1
~~~~~~~~
ZM 1-1 | PM 3-5 | WM 5-2
~~~~~~~~
Why do mithras get all the fun?? Dont forget about us manthras XD!!!! orz~
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

um in battle terms please :P
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
kashell
Tomcat

Post by kashell »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:i have G4 and then G5 for warrior, I dare to ask what's the plan for warrior to kick his ass... :shock:

Warrior maat fight is one of the easiest ever, just bring a opo-opo necklace, a stack of sleeping potions, a incarus wing, and of course the rest of your gear

enter bc, put on opo-opo necklace and sleep till 300tp (1 stack will do it)

Use Raging Rush on him, use Icarus as soon as you do for another Raging Rush, for some sort of SC (I forgot which one)

Done. He should give up after 2 Raging Rush
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

Baketsu wrote:^^We fighting Maat or Master Roshi?
I dunno, i saw both on my server already
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
kittykitty
Kitten

Post by kittykitty »

thats an awesome idea...(the exp one) Im a thf so Im gonna have fun trying to steal ><. Watch the end of the fight too...Ive seen a few times where he just goes "I'm not gonna lose" and uses like 3 WS in like 10 seconds...and no Im not talking the sam fight :?
Master Thief in training: level 57
Goldsmithing = 28 a beautiful work in progress
I can fly!
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

So I had this idea....

Even better than going in naked. :D

Wear a Fang Necklace -6 MND, Stumbling Sandals, Coarse Gauntlets, everything you can find to lower his stats, especaily MND for the RDMs.

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: LB5 - Red Mage - Some advice needed

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting