Post by Baketsu »

I know this much

Level: 10-20
Place: Valkrum Dunes

Level: 20-25
Place: Quifim Island

Level: 25-30
Place: Yhoator Jungle

Where are the good placed for levels 30+???
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Crispleaf
Housecat

Post by Crispleaf »

It is generally thought you should stick to Yhoater Jungle until 31 if you're a healer and 32 otherwise. Then it's off to fight bats in Garlaige Citadel. You can actually stay there until 36 or 37 quite comfortably, but most people are in a hurry to leave because of the bat trains and such.

So at 35 or so, head off to Crawler's Nest. You can remain there all the way until you reach 50... and even after that if you want. Alternatives to CN include Gustav Tunnel at around the early 40s. You can also fight various monsters around the Altepa Desert during this time as well.

In the 50s, you'll begin to find yourself in Boyhada Tree, fighting spiders and moving on to crabs and crawlers after that.
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~crispl3af/level.JPG[/img]
Bastok Rank 8-1, Windurst Rank 10
Rise of Zilart Completed
Chains of Promathia Completed
Treasures of Aht Urghan Rank 2
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
Crispleaf
Housecat

Post by Crispleaf »

It puts my little ramble to shame. I've give it 2 paws up. :2thumb:
Rise of Zilart Completed
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

10 - 15, I would rather spend three days trying to get a party together for the Maze than spend one hour in the Dunes. One GOOD Maze party is all you need to get those 5 levels. Two poor ones will do it too.

15 - 21, In the Tunnel, I don't have to wait for a party or try to put one together, and can STILL avoid the Dunes.

12 - 25, If you can get a party together, or better yet a static, Buburumi Pensulia is HOT. Start on bunnies near the Tharongi zone, finish on Pugils on the beaches.

25 - 33, I have been in parties that tried all the aeras right outside of Jeuno in order to avoid the Jungle. The Jungle is faster, honnest. You can make 30 - 33 in the jungle faster than you can in the Eastern Aletpha Desert, the standard place to go. Good luck convincing people of that though.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

I have taken Theif, Dragoon, Warrior, and Samurai through the dunes completely. And I'm not done yet. Personally, yes. The Dunes have it's problems. But it's so close to Basty and Sandy, the small problems there do not outweigh the travel to the Windurstian versions. Plus, with less people, I do not see how getting a party there would be easier.

But after 4 classes, and at least 2 more left to go through it, I stick by the dunes. Sure it's a pain, but I know the place and the monsters like the back of my hand. I will take the evil I know over the evil I don't.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

this is my experience

30-32=Yhoat Jungle
32-33=Garilage Citadel
33-35=Western Altepa Desert (BEETLES)
35-44=Crawlers Nest
44-45=Eastern Altepa Desert (BEETLES)
45-46=Quicksand Caves (OMG BEETLES~ And a couple anticans)
46-47=Crawlers Nest (seeking as i type this)

thats just my path tho

NOTE: about the desert Tsybil, our PT whacking on beetles was War/Whm (if you dont know thats me.... you never heard the legend of the ghetto pally, oh wait now im war/nin :P), Smn/Whm (main healer), Rdm/Whm, Blm/Whm, Rng/Nin, Thf/Rng ==== We racked in abour 3k exp per hour and got several lvls there, but then again, no one knows how we did it w/o a PL :)
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Rakshasa
Tomcat

Leveling Spots

Post by Rakshasa »

That allakhazam guide left out a few mobs that parties often like to go for, though, like Pugils in the dunes. Only way to really find out where the best spots are is by partying there.

My favorite places to go are the ones people would consider "non-standard." For that reason, you can never seem to get people to go there.
In Korroloka, I've gotten my BRD from 15 to 18 in no more than two hours. We had to continually wait for worms to pop, otherwise Chain 6 would have been standard.
Places where you can average a level an hour are Batallia Downs (possibly the safest leveling I've seen too), Sea Serpent Grotto and Gustav (yes, even in the early 40s!).
Good places you can actually get a party to go are Yhoator and Western Altepa Desert.
I have a major issue with Crawlers' Nest at later levels since inevitably someone in the party will:
1) Get lost 'cause they don't know where to go and/or don't know how to follow.
2) Get aggroed in a bad place 'cause they don't watch their sneak/invis.
3) Pick a bad camp, putting you between the mobs you're fighting and all the other bad stuff.
In theory, however, it is a decent place to level. I'm just bitter.
Garlaige is great in the high 40s, but that's about where I leave off. Time to move to a new area with my level 51 RDM.
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/Furbewok/SigTemp.jpg[/img]

You can't stop the Rak. ^^
-Rakshasa
Maezen
Big Cat

Post by Maezen »

Some of the easiest leveling you can do is around Rabao...heres the breakdown of where I've leveled post 33 as a melee

tried Garilage Citadel...decided to stop when Gil Farmers decided it was a good idea to train Citadel bats to the entrance ever 15 minutes...(got to level 33 or 34 here)

next I went to the Altepa desert...leveling at the zone between Eastern and Western Altepa desert on beetles at first and then moving to Dharmals between 35 and 36 (Relatively painless for us...watch out for Dharmal's silence attacks)

proceeded to the Crawlers nest...had far less trouble than people made it out to be (leveled here from 36 to 45 moving from the "drop off" to the "beetle room" and then finally to the "secret area")

Instead of staying here and moving to the "Rumbler room" I opted out to take my group to the eastern altepa side of the quicksand caves. In one day of leveling I made it from 45 to 48 (leveling off of beetles, spiders and later Anticans...*note if you're going to take spiders at all a Ninja tank is crucial or people WILL die)

when the xp started to slow down on the eastern side (we were near the koroloko (sp?) tunnel entrance) we moved over to the Western Altepa Side of the quicksand caves fighting Anticans and MORE beetles (a nice little trick to and thf's out there Anticans here hold mythril beastcoins for you to steal) This side of the caves took me to level 50

From here i get a little foggy >.>; I think i jumped between the Crawlers nest (deep down for crawler hunters and rumbler crawlers) and Kuftal tunnels for Robber crabs...both sort of sucked but you do what you need to do...Kuftal is probably more forgiving as deep down in the nest you're pretty far from a zone... Kuftal took me to 53 or 54 and since then we've sort of jumped to Boyhada Tree for...you guessed it! more crabs. I'm still sort of lost as to where to go after this....I hear Cape Terrigan is good with more crabs :? till approximately level 60 or higher...We'll find out won't we?
62 DRG/WAR (for parties)
62 DRG/WHM (for solo)
61 WHM/SMN
check the members list for more details

Bonecraft level 7
Cooking level 70
Alchemy level 9

Artifact Armors in possession = 10
Artfact Armors that can be equipped = 10
Crispleaf
Housecat

Post by Crispleaf »

Maezen wrote:I think i jumped between the Crawlers nest (deep down for crawler hunters and rumbler crawlers) and Kuftal tunnels for Robber crabs... then we've sort of jumped to Boyhada Tree for...you guessed it! more crabs. I'm still sort of lost as to where to go after this....I hear Cape Terrigan is good with more crabs :?
You might even call these the Barwatera levels :P
Rise of Zilart Completed
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Was in Quicksand caves 43 - 44 recently. Fairly crowded. Someone in the party mentioned Lizards in the Crawler's nest at these levels. I have never been that deep in the Nest. Anyone here have experience there?

I try to find alternitave places to level. Surrre, if you want a pick up party before level 30 - 35 you need to go to the popular places. But the underhunted ones, IF you can get a party together, cannot be beat.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Maezen
Big Cat

Post by Maezen »

I agree that finding un crowded places to level is be extremely rewarding...when I leveled in quicksand caves it was very desserted.

As for the lizzies...I've walked around crawlers nest a good bit (looking for chests) and lizzies might be good to level against, they don't hit too hard and don't use too many dangerous weaponskills (make sure you have stona and poisona) the only problem with them is that they're not really near a zone and they link like mad >.>;; if you're going to go fight them i highly suggest having a blm handy in case you need to escape.
62 DRG/WAR (for parties)
62 DRG/WHM (for solo)
61 WHM/SMN
check the members list for more details

Bonecraft level 7
Cooking level 70
Alchemy level 9

Artifact Armors in possession = 10
Artfact Armors that can be equipped = 10
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Quicksand Caves LVL46-48 and tomroow thru 50, once i hit 50... well lthinkin about that
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:Quicksand Caves LVL46-48 and tomroow thru 50, once i hit 50... well lthinkin about that
Lvl 48 to 50 in my experience were the hardest lvlups to get,
too little exp in QSC Eastern Altepa entrance and in the Western entrance we had a 20 minute fight with a PLD ant and had very long beetle fights that just weren't worth the exp.
We really had enough damage dealers.
Crawlers nest went to slow too on the rumblers and the beetles behind the rumble room are lvl 51+.
The best EXP I got was from beetles down the holes in Garliage Citadel.
But if Alexander has some Gilfarmer problems there you might want to avoid going there.
one minor setback is that a lot of beastmasters exp there too on Titan.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

From 50-52 my experience has shown {kuftal tunnel} to be awsome {experience points} other than the problem of haunts and trains, also {Garlaige Citadel} at banishing gate #2 was great {experience points} from beetles, its usually never camped either.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Any good places to Player Level/Party?

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru