Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

I'm trying to make a avatar of my own but I don't know any picture editing programs and such. :?

Also I'm hoping to make it animated, so what I'm looking to know is:

Does anyone know some good picture programs? :|

Also if your wondering, it's kat based. :D
Lihera
Feral Cat

Post by Lihera »

macromedia fireworks is grat for making animated gif's, or if you have the patience, you can use photoshop
[color=indigo]New sig comin'. But in the meantime...[/color]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/baofowfwoosh.gif[/img]
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Links, plz. :D
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

You have to buy them. www.macromedia.com and www.adobe.com
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Kopopo wrote:You have to buy them. www.macromedia.com and www.adobe.com
Whoa now, "buy" is a naughty word for me. Don't have money to spend to buy those :x
Lihera
Feral Cat

Post by Lihera »

well, you could always use the gimp >.> <.<
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Lihera wrote:well, you could always use the gimp >.> <.<
And I could always use Windows M.E. :P :lol:

seriously if you have to use gimp, but DONT, i have all my adobe programs ripped of the college network heh, 193 for STUDENT copy, and that still isnt cheap imo :roll:
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

You may already have a tool, if you have MS Front Page, it comes with a tool called "Microsoft Image Composer" that also comes with "Microsoft GIF animator" I use it to make me an animated gif file or two.
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Lihera
Feral Cat

Post by Lihera »

MICROSOFT! EVIL! DON'T SUBMIT TO THEIR EVIL WAYS!!
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

Lihera wrote:MICROSOFT! EVIL! DON'T SUBMIT TO THEIR EVIL WAYS!!
So Microsoft = Beastmen ????
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Lihera
Feral Cat

Post by Lihera »

very yes
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Lihera wrote:MICROSOFT! EVIL! DON'T SUBMIT TO THEIR EVIL WAYS!!
Yes! MICROSOFT EBIL.....But I like Xbox.... :roll:
Lihera
Feral Cat

Post by Lihera »

back on topic, all you need to do is ask us here, and you'll probably get a result. There's quite a few people here that can whip that up in no time.
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Lihera wrote:back on topic, all you need to do is ask us here, and you'll probably get a result. There's quite a few people here that can whip that up in no time.
Ya...That was basically the point of the whole topic. :roll: :wink: :P
Swipe
Housecat

Post by Swipe »

Soooo... what'd you have in mind... :)
[size=92]~ Swipe ~ World of Midgardsormr ~ Rank 5 in the legions of Windurst ~[/size]
[img]http://www.crystalrecipies.com/qd/Badgercub/New_swipe_sig.jpg[/img]
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Yeah, most of us have some measurable amount of skill or the necessary software. I do graphics myself so I have Flash MX and PhotoShop and other important tools for graphic design/editing.
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Swipe wrote:Soooo... what'd you have in mind... :)
A couple small pictures of Ichigo from Tokyo Mew Mew that flash by... :wink:
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Swipe how'd your avatar exceed the 100x100 rule?! I want to use one that size ; ;
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Please don't. ^^; Your signature image already takes up enough screen space as it is.
Crispleaf
Housecat

Post by Crispleaf »

Well, this isn't help for an avatar so much as the signature.

I finally gave in and made myself a signature image for all my jobs. This way, I can keep all the forums I use up-to-date all at once.

But, as I was trying to piece together this image using the mighty Microsoft Paint :P it occured to me that I'll probably want to update this sometime and it would be a real pain to try to erase those old numbers and replace them with new ones on that brick floor background image. :?

So...

I decided to use my old friend HTML and made a web page. The web page used the brick floor as a background image and I used a web-based editor called Gif Works to make the backgrounds of these Final Fantasy Tactics icons transparent so it looked like they were standing on the floor.

Then I used a table to layout the images, job titles, and levels. This way, it's very easy to update the numbers or add more jobs to the ones I have (I only have 4 jobs I haven't leveled at all :P).

But of course, the idea is to have an image. So, when I got it looking the way I wanted it to, I loaded the page in a web browser and used the "Print Screen" button on the keyboard.

Then I loaded Microsoft Paint again :roll: and under the Edit menu, used Paste. This allowed me to edit the screenshot I just took. But I just wanted to make an image out of the levels, so I used the selection tool and then Cut it out. Then I used File and New and Pasted my level image. Then I saved it as a jpg file and there you have it :D

My only complaint is that MS Paint seems to have made the image a little blurry. I suppose this wouldn't be a problem if you had an nice expensive graphics editor, but sadly, I'm a poor, starving kitty :(
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~crispl3af/level.JPG[/img]
Bastok Rank 8-1, Windurst Rank 10
Rise of Zilart Completed
Chains of Promathia Completed
Treasures of Aht Urghan Rank 2
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Kopopo wrote:Please don't. ^^; Your signature image already takes up enough screen space as it is.
:lol: I know im working on reducing it a bit lol but im curious as to how you did that swipe
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Avatar help ;)

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting