Tsybil's guide to Goldsmithing 1 - 20 in the current economy

Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Tsybil's guide to Goldsmithing 1 - 20 in the current economy

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

I restarted in late November, and am still working on recovering my craft and fishing skills. Loosing Goldsmith 45 was... not good.

This is NOT about doing it fast. This is about doing it with a positive cash flow.

I started with:

Level 0 - 1, Yagudo Necklace + Lightning = Copper ingot.
Free, unless you understand Opportunity cost which is 350 Gil. Sell for 400 +. Did this leveling RDM, WHM, & BLM from 1. Didn't take long.

Level 1 - 4, 4 Copper Ore + Fire = Copper ingot.
Buy the Ore from the Goldsmith or Blacksmith Guilds, 8 - 20 Gil each. Did this before the current Crystal inflation, haven't checked the prices.

Level 1 - 5, Copper Ring + Lightning = Copper Ingot, maybe 2.
A cheap way to get copper. Buy the ring at the Jewelery store next to the Guild in Bastok. Ring ~ 100, cost /synth ~ 250, 12 attempts usualy gave me 8 Ingots.

Level 4 - 7, Copper Ingot + Wind = Copper Hairpin. Copper Hairpin + Lightning = Copper Ingot.
As I made Gil on desynthing the Rings, I felt I could spend it here. No profit, just skillups.

Level 7 - 9, Zinc Ore + 3 Copper Ore + Fire = Brass Ingot. Yep, it still makes Gil, but more if you mine the Zinc.

Cheaper source of Brass Ingots. That jewlery store has Brass Rings too.
Level cap 12? 13? Brass Ring + Lightning = Brass Ingot, maybe 2.

Level 9 - 15, three profitable synths here, just slow sellers.
Brass Ingot + Bronze Dagger + Fire = Brass Dagger
Brass Ingot + Bronze Zaghnal + Fire = Brass Zaghnal
Brass Ingot + Legionnaire's Cap + Fire = Bastokan Cap

You can do Silver Beastcoins, but they are almost always priced high enough to prevent any profit even with no losses in synthises. Theives take note.

Level 13 - 18, 4 Silver Beastcoins + Fire = Silver Ingot

Level 15 - 20, 4 Silver Ore + Fire = Silver Ingot
Buy your Ore at the guild when the price is low, it bottoms out at 315, I buy at 380 and under. Still makes a profit. Also a few good Earth Synths, mostly for armor in this range.

Level 16 - 19, Legionnaire's Leggings + Brass Sheet + Earth = Bastokan Leggings

Level 20 - 23, Legionnaire's Harness + Brass Sheet + Earth = Bastokan Harness
Last edited by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) on Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Lihera
Feral Cat

Post by Lihera »

just a bit of curiosity, can silver beastcoins fit in anywhere? I have a bunch from just randomly stealng...

BTW, great guide nonetheless!
[color=indigo]New sig comin'. But in the meantime...[/color]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/baofowfwoosh.gif[/img]
Ziada
Tomcat

Post by Ziada »

Lihera wrote:just a bit of curiosity, can silver beastcoins fit in anywhere? I have a bunch from just randomly stealng...
I did a few levels with those. They're convienently stackable and the cap is 18 instead of 20. They're also more expensive - you won't make much profit buying beastcoins and selling back silver ingots.
Sigyn
Tomcat

Post by Sigyn »

Interesting approach to Goldsmithing....

I would personally start brass ingots at 5, then take it all the way to 9 (the cap)

Make brass rings to 13-14, desynthing what you have made, and making the rings back and desynthing those...

Once you get to 14ish, start on Silver Ingots
Silver Ingot: (Cap 18) - Fire: 4x Silver Beastcoins

I am a firm believer in synths and desynths circle, YMMV.

If you don't want to do it that way, you could go from brass ingots:

Brass Sheets (cap 11)-
Fire: Brass Ingot x1. take this all the way to the cap, or until you run out of ingots. DON'T BUY MORE INGOTS
Brass Flowerpots (cap 16) - Fire: Brass Sheet x3 - Take this to 14, or until you run out of sheets, and start on silver

Once again, let me reiterate how important I feel desynthing is. I personally have 38 tarutaru stools in my moghouse, which gives me powerful/overwhelming (depending on my other furniture), and Mogenhancement: Desynthesis. Realize that if items on the AH, or even NPCs are worth less than the sum of their parts,, a pretty gil can be made by breaking things.
[img]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d118/sigynh/sigyn.jpg[/img]

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Sigyn.png[/img][/url]
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

^ That might work for me as i love to break things!!!

Especially MOBS
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Sigyn wrote:Interesting approach to Goldsmithing....

Make brass rings to 13-14, desynthing what you have made, and making the rings back and desynthing those...

I am a firm believer in synths and desynths circle, YMMV.

If you don't want to do it that way, you could go from brass ingots:

Brass Sheets (cap 11)-
Fire: Brass Ingot x1. take this all the way to the cap, or until you run out of ingots. DON'T BUY MORE INGOTS
Brass Flowerpots (cap 16) - Fire: Brass Sheet x3 - Take this to 14, or until you run out of sheets, and start on silver
The guide is how to do it and run in the black.

Desynth is a valuable tool for getting ingredients and skillups, but the make and break cycle looses Gil big time. So do the Flowerpots. Although I didn't mention it, I turned my Brass sheets into scales, which my Weaving character uses.

The cheaper alternative for brass is to desynth Rings, then make and desynth hairpins. Wind crystals are cheaper than Fire, the hairpins cap higher than the rings.

Nothing wrong with speeding through a craft, and my way leaves me waiting on AH sales before I can progress again. Then again, I need ~300K in spells and gear currently.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Tsybil's guide to Goldsmithing 1 - 20 in the current economy

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Tsybil's guide to Goldsmithing 1 - 20 in the current economy

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо