MNK Skillchains

Sirc
Tomcat

MNK Skillchains

Post by Sirc »

I'm nearing the time when I will be heading to Jeuno for my Choco license. I've soloed up until now (hardcore farmer) but I'll be joining parties in Qufim to gain a few more levels and max my combat stats.

What weapon skills will I be expected to perform during skillchains?

Also, any basic macro suggestions would be greatly appreciated (TP, voke, etc.). I've partied in Qufim before, but it was a long time ago and I was a War/Mnk then.

This time I will be a Mnk/War (or Mnk/Thf if that is more sought after - is it?)

Thanks for your help! :)
Sirc [Rank 2] - Lvl 25 MNK, 15 WAR, 15 THF
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Honestly, I've partied up into the late 30's and I have not seen a skillchain involving a monk. I'm sure there are plenty, and I'm sure they are useful. But untill you see someone sugguesting you use a specific ws for a sc, just macro your favorite weapon skill and use it whenever the meter hits 100%.

As far as what to sub class, I sugguest war. Being a mithra, you have a natural bonus to dex and a penalty to str compared with your average monk. Unless you have -alot- of plus to str equip and no plus to dex stuff, /war is your best choice.

Also, your other two classes seem a bit low and will not be helping you to their highest extent. What with War at 11 and Thf at 9. Have you considered setting down Mnk for now and doing War/Mnk?
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
kashell
Tomcat

Post by kashell »

Generally monks aren't to hot in skillchains until really late in the game becuase they are unable to open/close distortion chains which is the most used skillchain in the game until lvl 66+ where you can start making light and dark chains.

Earliest they can start making distortion is at lvl 60 (I think) when they get Howling Moon, so most likely at those lvl you'll be soloing your weapon skills
Sirc
Tomcat

Post by Sirc »

Eviticus wrote:As far as what to sub class, I sugguest war. Being a mithra, you have a natural bonus to dex and a penalty to str compared with your average monk. Unless you have -alot- of plus to str equip and no plus to dex stuff, /war is your best choice.

Also, your other two classes seem a bit low and will not be helping you to their highest extent. What with War at 11 and Thf at 9. Have you considered setting down Mnk for now and doing War/Mnk?
I have 2 Courage rings (STR+2 each), but I'll probably sub War anyway.

Yep, I plan on leveling both War and Thf to 12 before I head to Jeuno. That'll hold me till my Mnk is lvl 24.

Thanks for the advice people! It sounds like my job is gonna be easy (assuming I can get a party :roll: ). Just hack 'n slash. I like it. :D
Sirc [Rank 2] - Lvl 25 MNK, 15 WAR, 15 THF
Lihera
Feral Cat

Post by Lihera »

well, I'm assuming you have your h2h capped, but if this is the case, you could close fusion, impaction, fragmentation, and the like. But there are unfortunately a few better WS's inthis case.
[color=indigo]New sig comin'. But in the meantime...[/color]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/baofowfwoosh.gif[/img]
Ziada
Tomcat

Post by Ziada »

At low levels, a monk's best weapon skill is Combo (10) - this closes Fusion. Your choices for opening Fusion are Flaming Arrow (10), Hot Shot (10), Burning Blade (30), Red Lotus Blade (50), and Punch (Ifrit Bloodpact, 1).

So it's good if you have a ranger, a summoner, or anyone with a one-handed sword to partner with.

Shoulder Tackle (40) is a stunning skill with crap damage.

One Inch Punch (75) closes Gravitation, which parties rarely want or use.

Raging Fists (125) - same as Combo, closes Fusion.
Crispleaf
Housecat

Post by Crispleaf »

Mirha and I use Red Lotus Blade followed by Combo in the BCNM 40 with the skeleton.

That causes a Fusion skillchain which has the elements of fire and light, the two weaknesses a skeleton has. Monks were made for murdering skeletons ;)

But Fusion is also good against Goblins, Bombs (oddly enough), Ghosts, Slimes, Funguar, Beetles, Mandies, Bats, Demons, Evil Weapons, Scorpions, Worms, and Tigers, to name but a few 8)
Last edited by Crispleaf on Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~crispl3af/level.JPG[/img]
Bastok Rank 8-1, Windurst Rank 10
Rise of Zilart Completed
Chains of Promathia Completed
Treasures of Aht Urghan Rank 2
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: MNK Skillchains

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: MNK Skillchains

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru