Young Paladin-to-Be needs advice!

Sivara
Big Cat

Post by Sivara »

Well, shoot. Nivez beat me to the career WAR post. :lol:

I play WAR/NIN and tank in my static. I found WAR/MNK to be a great tanking job up to the mid-40s, which is when I switched to WAR/NIN. THF is a WAR's best friend, as a THF can glue on the hate a WAR/NIN needs.

At early levels, I out-tanked plenty of newbie PLDs. I even out-tanked a PLD in Crawler's Nest. That doesn't mean that WAR > PLD. Even I will concede that PLDs can be better tanks. WARs are just different.

As others have said, if you want to be a tank all the way, be a PLD. If you want the flexibility to tank and/or deal damage, go with WAR.
Crispleaf
Housecat

Post by Crispleaf »

Now that I've unexpectedly taken up Paladin again (I need it at 40 for the Fei'Yin BCNM), I'm going to follow your advice Nivez :)

I have a question, though. How long does Cover last? The guide says it can be used every 5 minutes, but it says the duration is "N/A." That doesn't make any sense to me. :?
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~crispl3af/level.JPG[/img]
Bastok Rank 8-1, Windurst Rank 10
Rise of Zilart Completed
Chains of Promathia Completed
Treasures of Aht Urghan Rank 2
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

correction

Cover can be used ever 3 minutes, but it only lasts 15 seconds >.<;;

with your af helm, cover lasts longer, i think up to 30 seconds but i havent tested it myself.

cover is a VERY good ability, but shouldnt be needed that much. until post 50 with a ranger, then youl need it

i recommend your cover macro be like this

/ja "Cover" <stpc>
then type f2-f6 to select your party members. or if your like me on a controler, just select down to the person and click them. its what i use and it works well :D
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Young Paladin-to-Be needs advice!

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Young Paladin-to-Be needs advice!

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт