Dear Kopopo (dear abby spinoff)

A place to talk about... anything!
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Dear Kopopo (dear abby spinoff)

Post by Ambrey »

Dear Kopopo,

I am afraid I might be sick. I login into my LS and all I see everywhere is kittys. I have watched their chats and know a cat when i see/hear one. All the meowing and purrring and constant attempts to steal my catnip. Im afraid I must be becoming ill because all I seem to see is kittys, everywhere, whatever can I do? :?
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

What you are seeing is not trickery of your mind. What you are seeing is real and you need only realize that. Once you accept it as being real it will become clear to you. The very fact that you have catnip should be a very big part of this. Realize and embrace your kitty catness!
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Thank you Kopopo! I feel so much better now, I feel I can take on life like grabbing a dog by the ears and anticipate anything he can attempt! :)
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

Dear Kopopo,

I wasn't raised in Windurst but now that I work for the Tenshodo I'm often there on "business". Anyways, every time I'm there I have an almost uncontrollable urge to bat the oversized heads of those adorable Tarus with my paws as if they were balls of yarn. What can I do to prevent myself from ending up in a Tarutaru prison where the guards tell you, "Be nicey wisey and we'll letty wetty you outty out."

-Batting paws in Windurst :?
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Dear Dukuji,

I know you and I know that your strange desire is not born of dislike. However, I cannot say what is making you want to commit such a cruel and unusual act. I feel that the root of this may be in how you were raised. Were you given lots of toys, or perhaps toys designed to look like Tarutarus that you were told to bat around? If that the case then all that's needed is a bit of reprogramming. I'd hate to see such a great kitty behind bars.

-Kopopo
Maezen
Big Cat

Post by Maezen »

Dear Kupopo,

One of my fellow felines has a slight problem with alcoholism. She often goes to the mines after hitting the tavern fairly heavily and then spends her nights "crafting" in her mog house behind closed doors. I would like to help her get our of this self-destructive state but I don't know what the best approach is.

Please help,

A concerned friend

Last edited by Maezen on Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
62 DRG/WAR (for parties)
62 DRG/WHM (for solo)
61 WHM/SMN
check the members list for more details

Bonecraft level 7
Cooking level 70
Alchemy level 9

Artifact Armors in possession = 10
Artfact Armors that can be equipped = 10
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Dear Friend,

Alcoholism is a serious problem that unfortunately pervades all levels of society. This requires immediate action on your part. Confront your friend and explain to her that you are concerned. Do not accuse her of having an alcohol abuse problem, that will only lead to aggression and her ignoring your concern. Try to be more involved in her life, perhaps all she needs is some companionship. Try to avoid bars and the like while out and about.

-Kopopo
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

Dear Kopopo,

I believe I'm becoming what might be known as a "shopaholic". I'll visit the Auction House many times, to see what gear I can equip then or in the very near future. Sometimes I'll buy equipment of similar ratings just to see which looks better on me, and try to sell back the ones I don't like. The only problem is that it makes me a very poor kitty... is this norrrrmal kitty behavior?

- Gil-less in Leather Highboots
[img]http://www.johnnysubway.com/~josiejo/images/josiejoSig.png[/img]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Josiejo][b]Josiejo[/b][/url]
NPC Friend: Jajuju (Tarutaru Female Healer)

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sasamii]Sasamii[/url]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Ryadbraman]Ryadbraman[/url]
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Dear Gil-Less,

Rather than think about how you look, think about how it will help you fight. When you go shopping look for things like stat boosts, and decide what will help you most before even thinking of bidding. Ask your friends as well what they feel would be most useful to you. Often hearing another opinion helps you make better decision. In the end you'll feel better than you look.

-Kopopo
Tailfeather
Housecat

Post by Tailfeather »

Dear Kopopo
========

i think i need some help with my mood, as you know the latest events have been some belts that gives you a new look, the only problem is that, all around the cities, jeuno(latest place where a accident happend ;_; ) there running mandy's, wabbits, and worms... it started with that i got hungry, then i saw some wabbits, and started to hunt them down >.< the only problem after ive beaten one down, i realized that it wasnt a real wabbit... i saw anotherone and i hunted that one down also, though, that guy tossed away the costume after an hours hunt... he was lucky, he also runned away screaming after that... poor fella, probably scared for life now... what should i do? theese costumes are bad for a hungry little mithra like me :stare: and they are really bad for the people thats wearing them.. when im around... :cry:
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Dear Tailfeather,

I offer two solutions - snacks and discipline. I'm sure you are aware that the last time any critters were within the walls of our great cities was the Great War that happened more than 20 years ago. I've traveled to all of the cities in Vana'diel and not one has a policy allowing small creatures into the cities. Cleanliness and public safety are my guess. Jeuno has allowed a small group of Goblins to take up a store in their city, but they seem to be well managed and not much of a threat.

I suggest you start taking with you a small pouch of snacks. I can recommend a few places that offer them and don't worry, it won't make you a tubby kitty.

For discipline this is something you'll have to handle yourself. Just remember that your decisions reflect on an entire race the next time you feel like chasing someone whom magic has turned into a rarab.

-Kopopo
Maezen
Big Cat

Post by Maezen »

Dear Kupopo,

Thanks for all the advice you gave, I just wanted to write and let all your readers know that my good friend has cleaned up her act. You were right, spending time and showing I cared was a big help as well as taking her to GC to level with me. She's back on the high road thanks to you. :)

Hope all the other readers find your words as helpful as I did,

A relieved friend
62 DRG/WAR (for parties)
62 DRG/WHM (for solo)
61 WHM/SMN

Bonecraft level 7
Cooking level 70
Alchemy level 9

Swipe
Housecat

Post by Swipe »

Dear Kopopo,

I'm afraid I've become addicted to pawn shops around town. I find all the items I've amassed and have instructed my moogle to horde has, for the most part, been exchanged at lower-than-book prices via the local pawn-your-junk stores. I later find myself in need of these old clothes and weapons. Should I just marry a rich taru with a big safe? or should I start hiding things in my many water barrels I keep throughout my moghouse?

Sincerely,
Spaceless Stacy
[size=92]~ Swipe ~ World of Midgardsormr ~ Rank 5 in the legions of Windurst ~[/size]
[img]http://www.crystalrecipies.com/qd/Badgercub/New_swipe_sig.jpg[/img]
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Dear Stacy,

Until I read that you actually need the items you've procured I was going to suggest a freeze or limitation of your accounts. Since you are using these items I would suggest you begin expanding the number of locations you can store your items in. There are little tasks you can complete for the local citizenship as well as obtaining new types of furniture. You might also want to consider asking a close friend to hold your extra items that you no longer have room for but cannot part with.

-Kopopo
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

Dear Kopopo,

I think old age is starting to get the best of me. I often rush about from one place to the next, only to realize i forgot why i was going there. I go to put things up for sale in the AH that i already put up for sale, sold, and collected the cash, but wonder why i dont have them. And the worst of it all... I cant taste my catnip anymore... then theres that glowing red dot... it teases me...

Sincerely
-Over the hill
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Dear Over the Hill,

As I am only 22 years old and a child of the Great War it's difficult for me to completely understand your ordeal. I am, however, prone to lapses of memory and at times, full-blown crashes of the mind. When it comes to auctioning off items I use my Mog Delivery service to keep me up to date on what has or has not sold. Since I can quickly check the contents of my pesonal inventory and that of my Mog Safe all from the same place I can keep track of my posessions and (right now pathetic) money. Making small notes has also proven to help me keep things in order.

If you have yourself finding trouble enjoying the finer things in life such as catnip I strongly suggest a visit to your Doctaru. They can do a small battery of exams to find the nature behind that. I would recommend visiting an optometrist for information about the red dot.

-Kopopo
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

Dear Kopopo,

I was born an Elvaan in the fine city of San D'ora. Recently I wentaru on a trip to Windurstaru and I found to my dismay-ee way-ee ,thataru I have picked up on the bad habitaru of talking like a tarutaru. My friends on my linkshelly welly are getting very annoyed oyed with my taruraur speaky weaky. They no longer onger respondy to me and treataru me like an outsider. When I came back to San D'ora everyone one there shuny wunnys me like an outsider and I have to concentratey waitey to speak to the shop owners otherwisey they don'taru do business with me. Whataru should I do to remedy this situation?

--Red Madgey Wagey in Jeuno Leuno---
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Dear Red Magey-wagey,

The saying "When in Rome, do as the Romans do" doesn't apply to all circumstances, and it can often become a problem when adhered to in too great a level. In your situation I think it was more of an acquired thing. Speaking as a native Windurstian AND as a Tarutaru I can tell you that speaking "normally" is not the easiest thing! Fortunately, I had some very good speech instructors during my childhood and thus learned to speak in such a way that anyone can understand me.

In your case I recommend that for a while you simply reimmerse yourself in the tongue spoken by your nation. Don't speak, just listen. It's the easiest way to learn a language, or in your case, a dialect. Ears open and mouth closed is the ticket.

-Kopopo
Kandora
Kitten

Post by Kandora »

LOL
Did you just tell him to shut up?
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

No, I told him that the best way to learn, or relearn in this case, how to speak a certian way is to simply listen.
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

Dear Kopopo,

I have taken your advice and spent an entire week in San d'Oria, Specifically in the Chateau d'Oraguille. I think I have made great inroads using your advice. I cannot believe how well I am now treated in my hometown! Everyone talks to me now and they are a lot nicer to me. You advice, even though you are a Tarutaru, came in handy.

Now my only problem is that when I talk to my Mithra and Tarutaru friends they think I am all uppity and snooty. As if!! They should treat me with more respect, I mean it was we Elvaans who bailed them out from certain destruction during the last great war. What a lousy bunch of ungrateful savages! What should I do to make them see my point of view? It is the correct point of view so why don't they see it? I can't imagine they are right about me being all upiity and snooty. Whatever shall an Elvaan do?

---Smug in San d'Oria---
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Maezen
Big Cat

Post by Maezen »

/em rolls up her sleeves and readies her club.

want me to take care of this one Kupopo? :twisted:
62 DRG/WAR (for parties)
62 DRG/WHM (for solo)
61 WHM/SMN

Bonecraft level 7
Cooking level 70
Alchemy level 9

Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Yea! Murdering! :D
Fonglee
Kitten

Post by Fonglee »

To: Kopopo
CC: Baketsu

Dear Kopopo and Bakestsu,
As an oversized, long neck, big eared person I feel unconfident. Everyone always says, "Hey look at that Elvaaaan" or "Hey, Elvaan ! How's the weather up there?" This snickering remarks really hurt my feelings. I'm not usually a upitty and snooty type person and I love things that purr :wink: , but I have so much hate geared towards me and my race that well I need an escape....

I hope we Elvaan can become less snooty and learn to wear caution tape with blinking lights on our boots. Just as a common courteousy to our little friends! Am I wrong to be so welcoming, and open-armed of a peaceful change? Should our Kingdom of San d'Oria truly seek recompense from our Windurstian neighbors?

Yours Truly,
LargeEar02
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/Jonny440/fongsig2jpg.jpg[/img]

Hate me not for I have pointy ears!
Ryuene
Kitten

Post by Ryuene »

Dear Kopo'

Recently I had witnessed the death of Old Fang. I realize many others have done the same and not felt any remorse but this Sabertooth's death has affected me and struck me deeply. I've begun to question my roots as an Adventurer, why must we fight them? Why must we slaughter the monsters that venture around Sarutabaruta Fields, the Canyons of Tahrongi and the vast lands of Vana'diel. They are nothing more then peaceful creatures that wish to live their lives. They probably hate the beastman as much as any Hume, Elvaan, Taru-Taru or Mithra!

I just wish to know why I feel like this?

- A mis-guided Adventurer
MNK[[b]34[/b]] WAR[[b]17[/b]] THF[[b]15[/b]] DRK[[b]14[/b]] SAM[[b]06[/b]] RDM [[b]07[/b]]
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Multiple Response Letter.

Dear Smug in San d'Oria,

The most important aspect of the way you are perceived when you speak is the attitude you display. Your attitude is dictated by your thoughts. You feel that the Elvaan were personally accountable for saving Vana'Diel 20 years ago. I was only a baby then so I don't know for sure. Anyone I ask refuses to speak of it. Get your facts straight before you form ideas, it'll make a difference in how you think and thus how you are seen by others.

------------------------------------------

Dear maezen,

Thanks, but there is no need.

Dear LargeEar02,

Thank you very much for your response. I can understand your feelings in regards to being treated rather immaturely. My short stature often makes me the butt of many jokes about furniture and things not quite appropriate to be spoken of publicly.

I don't think there is a need to wear blinking lights on your shoes less you desire to draw more attention to yourself. Your desire to peacefully coexist is in fact shared by others. Sadly, our numbers are few in these times... As for recompense, I feel that asking for it may only be detrimental to establish a peace between our great nations.

Dear Misguided,

Bless your heart for having such compassion for all living things. The fact of the matter is that despite what you may hope to be a mutual grudge against the beastmen, the other creatures of Vana'Diel do not harbor ill regard towards them. The truth is that the Beastmen themselves are manipulating these otherwise peaceful creatures into attacking adventurers and citizens. It's understandable to feel a bit sad when dispatching one of these unfortunate creatures, but in some way it's also a release from an otherwise hate-filled life.

-Kopopo
Sitana
Kitten

Post by Sitana »

Dear kopopo,

I find myself in a situation of love, i am torn between my love of distruction and my love for my dear sweet kitty (azureskye), I seem to be torn between killing, and spending time with my darling kitty. i dont know how to deal with these problems i am having please help me.

Signed,
Torn-in-two
"Never Die Alone"
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Dear Torn-in-two,

Your problem is one that is shared by many others. They may have other ways of saying it, but it all comes down to the same thing. Your fight is one to save our world so nobody can tell you that it's not as important as being in love. Have you suggested that the both of you go out for one of your slaughterfests? You'd be amazed how much fun it can be to bring down a horde of Yagudos with a partner.

-Kopopo
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

Dear Kopopo,

The last reader has a very common condition that mithra tend to get who spend a lot of time in big cites. I believe living in the city makes mithra feel cooped up. Mithra are happiest being out in the open wild lands running around with other mithra in small bands of hunters. After spending too many days in the city I can feel the anxiety build up within me. I find that spending a few days out in the wilderness hunting what I please does wonders for my mental health (and most importantly keeps me from hunting the smaller tarus that I see running around). Like you mentioned, dropping a few yags together is a great way for mithran to bond. For me I find hunting down parties of goblins is the most rewarding. They are the ones that collect bags of Mithran Fangs after all.

Now for my situation. I recently had an Elvaan friend die a few days back. He was a man I served and fought with in the San d’Orian military for many years. I am no longer with the military but as I was traveling through Batallia Downs I came across a San d’Orian military squad that had been ambushed by the Orcs. There were about 20 Elvaan bodies lying about and twice as many orcs. Blood covered the ground and the carrion had begun to feast on the still warm flesh. As I checked for survivors I found my old friend, not dead, but not far off. His left arm was shattered and a several large scimitar wounds were upon his torso. As I started to tend to his wounds he opened his eyes said in a weak voice, “no . . .”

“What, you are wounded, and Jeuno is less then a day away, we need to hurry.” I said continuing to wrap his wounds.

Once again, “no,” he said this time in more pain, “. . . no, ‘Kuji . . . jus . . . go.”

“Why, we can make it . . .” I began to say before he lifted his good arm and tried to speak.

“ . . . I’m . . . tired, ‘Kuji,” his voice faltered and I listened to his breath become heavier and more painful. “Let me . . . stay . . . here . . . with ‘em,” he said releasing a large breath while his arm pointed in the direction where most of his men lay and then fell to the ground. That was the last thing he was able to say to me.

There was nothing I could do. I made him comfortable as I could and sure enough about an hour after sunset, his eyes grew big and in soft whisper said, “Altana,” and then, he died.

I’ve seen many people go and every time somebody does this world gets a little bigger and a little emptier. But of all the deaths I’ve witnessed, this one hit home a little harder and now I find myself thinking back on all those that have gone and left us behind.

So, what is the best recipe for coping with the lost of an old friend?

Sincerely,

Captain Dukuji, 2nd army of San d’Oria, 1st Tactical Infantry, 3rd company. (Retired)

Edit: Fixed a few grammar and spelling errors.
Last edited by Dukuji on Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Dear Dukuji,

I'd like to begin by offering my most sincere condolences on your loss. As anyone knows, losing a friend is almost unbearable as losing family. I have been through both so I can assure you I'm not a stranger to tragedy.

In your time of mourning you need to do what you feel you need to do. If you need to cry, then by all means cry! If you need to fight, then go and take out a few goblin camps. If you need solitude then lock yourself in your Mog House for as long as you need. If you need companionship, seek out your family and friends. Don't suppress your feelings in order to look strong or to make it seem as though nothing happened. You honor their memory more by crying than you do by forcing a fake smile.

-Kopopo