An interesting comment from a friend on male Mithra

A place to talk about... anything!
Golddess
LVL (-1) Baka Neko

An interesting comment from a friend on male Mithra

Post by Golddess »

We were talking about FFXI and Mithra and such when all of a sudden my friend brought up "Lord of the Rings." In "The Two Towers" Gigli(sp?) was talking to a human about how most people think that there do not exist dwarf women, that dwarves just pop out of a hole in the ground. Aragorn (I think) said something about the beards.

So, we came up with the idea that it isn't that Mithra males don't exist, but that everyone just confuses them for Mithra females. And something I just noticed on the playonline website proves that Mithra males exist.
The Mithra are a predominantly female race of hunters who live alongside the Tarutaru in Windurst.
Notice the word predominantly in there.
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

Well i forget but in the expansion pack, when you go the Mithra village, I believe that there are male Mithras in the village
[color=blue][b][i]Don't let fear cloud your judgement, for it will hold you back from all of your dreams ;) [/i][/b][/color]
[img]http://www.drowtales.com/~hightreason/chibilaelia.gif[/img] [color=blue][size=200][i][b]Meeooww!!![/b][/i][/size][/color]

WHM - 61 | SMN - 32 | BLM - 21 | THF - 10 | NIN - 7 | BRD - 7 | BST - 7 | SAM - 5 | WAR - 5
Creve
Tomcat

Post by Creve »

I have yet to find a male mithra in Kahzam. The mithra village is rather small actually though perhaps a tad bigger than sub cities like selbina.
MikaMeow
<Insert Title here>

Post by MikaMeow »

When I first looked at the game, I thought Galka were the male Mithra. They do have cat like ears, and tails.. but seem to look a little more like lizards or something to me.

But they're defintely too ugly to be male Mithras. But also, where are the female Galka?
The most wasted day of all is one in which we have not laughed.
Image Image
Syine
Tomcat

Post by Syine »

MikaMeow wrote:But also, where are the female Galka?
I don't recall where I read it, but Galka reproduce asexually. They live a long time, and there's some mysterious death/rebirth ritual they have.
Myaurry
Kitten

Male Mithra

Post by Myaurry »

I think maybe if Mithra really are much cat like, they probably produce litters. And in most animals the produce litters, males are rare. Applying that model of reproduction to a more advanced species, especially one that has prolonged interaction with hostile forces in combat, would make me think they would simply value the rare male a bit more. So why aren't there any male mithra in Kazham? :shock: Is it possible that the tribal leaders don't think of Kazham as safe any more, and have moved the males to an undisclosed location? I mean, if an Elvaan from San d'Oria can discover the location of Kazham the supposed home town of the Mithra, couldn't the simplest of beastmen make the connection as well?
The shadows are steeped with blood sprung forth from the thorns of roses.
Meeyutu
Housecat

Post by Meeyutu »

Maybe the male Mithra is thought of as a lesser being and kept locked up only used for breeding when needed. About the Galka, it does say in the retail manual they have no sex, but other races assume they are male.

-Meeyutu
Myaurry
Kitten

Male Mithra?

Post by Myaurry »

I don't think the Male Mithra are thought of as inferior, but anybody can get overwhelmed if they are caught off guard. I'll keep believing they're hiding out somewhere safe. Thinking of any being as inferior, especially a member of one's own race, just doesn't fit the philosophy that our Tribal Chieftaness strives to teach us. (that probably none of the PC Mithra come close to living by...especially me 8) I'm mean! :D Die onion man! ...getting a little carried away...heh. :wink:
The shadows are steeped with blood sprung forth from the thorns of roses.
Meeyutu
Housecat

Post by Meeyutu »

It's just a theory.. ;)
Creve
Tomcat

Post by Creve »

Don't tell anyone but I have a male I found in the jungle outside of Kazahm. I dug a pit with a oak grate on top of it for him to stay...as my own personal, err....male mithra? :roll: Anyhow, if anyone wants a litter you're going to have to catch your own. :lol:
Meeyutu
Housecat

Post by Meeyutu »

See! I told you :P lol
Tigara
Kitten

Post by Tigara »

ROFLMAO